REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: nkpheous] #1314569
11/25/08 07:54 PM
11/25/08 07:54 PM
World citizen
K
kian33 Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
kian33  Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
K

World citizen
Ok thanks guys i'm 6'1" and 180-185 lbs dry.Been hearing that same thing again , the fishcuit is better for junky mushy waves compared to the biscuit.Gonna go with the fishcuit.Just getting the right size now.

Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: kian33] #1314570
11/25/08 07:59 PM
11/25/08 07:59 PM
done
G
GWS Offline
Duke status
GWS  Offline
Duke status
G

done
Quote:

Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ?

I'd go with the potato skins or the bruschetta. Anything to drink with that?

Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: GWS] #1314571
11/25/08 08:08 PM
11/25/08 08:08 PM
World citizen
K
kian33 Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
kian33  Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
K

World citizen

Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: nkpheous] #1314572
11/25/08 10:04 PM
11/25/08 10:04 PM
The OC Life
H
Havoc Offline
Tom Curren status
Havoc  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

The OC Life
Quote:

kian for reference i'm 5'9 185-190 and ride a 5'6 fishcuit. absolutely love that board. love it. surfed it this morning in newport and had a blast. i heard the biscuit doesn't go too well in junky mushy waves, but the fishcuit works insane in those conditions as well as good surf under head high. i think havoc has both models so maybe he'll chime in, but you can't go wrong with a fishcuit.

yes, I totally agree with nkpheous about the fishcuit. Killer board that can ride anything from ankle high to around shoulder high no problem. Any bigger than that and that wide tail literally skips outta the water (which can be fun too!) Total mush buster and makes those crappy days fun! Super fast down the line skatey board that catches waves beter than my 8'0" mini-tanker and better than any fish I own. I love this board, in fact just rode it today in some zippy little lined up waves and I'm still smiling from the sesh.

Biscuit is fun also but needs more push to get going, but is super loose. Seems to go better in lined up point waves or beachies w/ some push. I've had some amazing sesh's on mine. Both boards have the same nose, but that's really about it. Biscuit feels much more front footed (wide point forward) where the fiscuit likes to be driven off the back leg a bit more (more volume in the back 1/2 at least seems to me???).

Put it this way, after I got my fishcuit, I haven't surfed my biscuit since (over 5 months now).

6-8" shorter is right for dims, but I'm thinking more like 8" shorter is the call. Even more if you're a ripper. Shaka!

Havoc

Last edited by Havoc; 11/25/08 10:13 PM.

"motions of rippage is initated by the hind leg"-Northern_Shores
"Lemme know. I got endson gas"-20W
Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: Havoc] #1314573
11/25/08 10:45 PM
11/25/08 10:45 PM
S
sdsurfrat Offline
Michael Peterson status
sdsurfrat  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

what fins are u guys running
the stock merrick futures

Surfed the pier with Derek today

we both rode our Big Punts
rides kinda like a biscuit
but with a pointy shortboard nose
a little less cruisy but similiar feel

Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: sdsurfrat] #1314574
11/25/08 11:05 PM
11/25/08 11:05 PM
The OC Life
H
Havoc Offline
Tom Curren status
Havoc  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

The OC Life
hey sdsurfrat, killer vid.
I've always liked Ben Wei's boards. I'm running the AM1 template in the rtm honeycomb and I've got a set of vector 3/2/1's w/ hatchet trailer which I'm itching to try. For the fishcuit, running the standard natural composite quads (am1 fronts) and al merrick template rears... really twangy fins.

I do have question for you, what are you guys running in something like a big punt to get drive outta such a short board?

Havoc

Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: Havoc] #1314575
11/25/08 11:37 PM
11/25/08 11:37 PM
Huntington Beach
N
nkpheous Offline
Michael Peterson status
nkpheous  Offline
Michael Peterson status
N

Huntington Beach
havoc where did you surf today? i was at rj's pre-dawn to 7:30 and it was damn near perfect conditions for about 45min until the tide swamped it. stoked all day

Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: nkpheous] #1314576
11/25/08 11:52 PM
11/25/08 11:52 PM
The OC Life
H
Havoc Offline
Tom Curren status
Havoc  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

The OC Life
nkpheous Pm'd ya

Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: Havoc] #1314577
11/26/08 01:08 AM
11/26/08 01:08 AM
S
sdsurfrat Offline
Michael Peterson status
sdsurfrat  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

Quote:

hey sdsurfrat, killer vid.
I've always liked Ben Wei's boards. I'm running the AM1 template in the rtm honeycomb and I've got a set of vector 3/2/1's w/ hatchet trailer which I'm itching to try. For the fishcuit, running the standard natural composite quads (am1 fronts) and al merrick template rears... really twangy fins.

I do have question for you, what are you guys running in something like a big punt to get drive outta such a short board?

Havoc

Yo Havoc good observation
Waveskates need bigger fins
FCS M-7s are the hot ticket
Depth 4.67 Base 4.52
i got the board with no fins
think Ben was trying to save the planet or something
M7s made a huge difference

Back on topic
i got to spend a lot of time on the bis/fishcuits
to me the biscuit surfs more top to bottom and vertical
the fishcuit surfs more twin keelesque (hey is that a word..)
the videos w/Machado exemplify this pretty well

to me the stock fins on the biscuit felt fine
i think Vectors will go excellent, great for making speed
those fins make a funny noise if you haul ass
the fishcuit quad stock futures never felt right to me
and of course you cannot tune and move the back fins up alittle..
i would have liked to loosen the board up make it more pivoty
maybe try those scimitar pivots but they didnt have any
anyhow thats why I asked what you guys liked
both are fun as hell boards imo

Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: sdsurfrat] #1314578
11/26/08 03:40 AM
11/26/08 03:40 AM
12surf Offline
Grom
12surf  Offline
Grom

I demoed a fishcuit from a shop recently, reluctantly because I thought the only one they had, a 5'4, was too small. I'm around 6'1 165 and I friggin loved this board!! tho I admit a 5'6 would probably be ideal for my size.

Took it out in mushy, waist-rare chest high, grandview for the first go and I cannot stop thinking about that session. The board truly requires a different approach and is not made for conventional, squaring hard off the bottom type surfing. If you like more conventional surfing in small waves and want a fish I would reccommend a black knight over the fishcuit. But I borrowed an xtr 5'8 black knight shortly after I tried the fishcuit purposely to compare the two as I decided to buy one or the other as my next groveler, and I had 10 times more fun on the fishcuit,(not better for all, just my own opinion) I will definately get the fishcuit.

It's an insane speed warp that gets going unlike any of the fishes I've ridden (takayama,bulkley,ambrose,tudor,kg etc.)It can just burst into speed seemingly out of trim, kinda requires much less pumping. Then again it feels so good too pump. Its pretty intuitive too, In the first sesh, you can get totally used to the tailslides, and finish turns with slide outs. I liked most, just catching tiny waves wayy on the inside, ankle high sucking up sand, and just getting going lightspeed and smashing oncoming sections. THAT is what this board is made for imo. So much fun! What seriously surprised me was how many of the store associates when they tried to sound like they were just being real/honest, advised against the fishcuit, as they all claimed to have heard bad reviews, but most of them hadnt even tried the demo in their store yet. I'm so glad I tried it. So don't listen to the naysayers,especially those who havent given them a chance. I think this board is the shcuit

Last edited by 12surf; 11/26/08 03:51 AM.
Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: 12surf] #1314579
11/26/08 11:40 AM
11/26/08 11:40 AM
World citizen
K
kian33 Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
kian33  Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
K

World citizen

Dane Reynolds on his beloved SAM

Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: 12surf] #1314580
11/26/08 12:16 PM
11/26/08 12:16 PM
Ventura
D
Doug93003 Offline
Michael Peterson status
Doug93003  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

Ventura
I recently tried both the Fishgut and the Biscuit. Both are really similar in the way they paddle, catch waves and get down the line. The biggest difference I found was the Biscuit allowed you to square your turns off a bit and send the board a bit more verticle into the lip where the Fishgut was a bit free'r in the tail which allowed you to finish turns a bit easier in really small surf because you could push the tail out a bit.

What I didn't expect is that to get every bit out of the board the Fishgut was a bit more sensitive to foot position than the Biscuit. Both are extremely easy to ride boards and because the are so short it's hard not to have your feet right but you really need to have your back foot all the way back on the Fishgut to slide the tail around where on the Biscuit the board performs the same regardless of foot position. These differences are very slight in that the performance is barely affected, its just that it's improved a tiny bit on the Fish with good foot positioning.

So I now have a 5-6 Biscuit on order in XTR.

I've been told many times on this BB that fins drag so i am no longer using them. -Greg Griffin
Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: sdsurfrat] #1314581
11/26/08 12:39 PM
11/26/08 12:39 PM
socal beachbreak barrels
H
hallucinogenic_toreador Offline
Phil Edwards status
hallucinogenic_toreador  Offline
Phil Edwards status
H

socal beachbreak barrels
rrrrriiiiippppppiiiinggg clip!!!

man, those guys make that style of surfing look like a walk in the park...i can only appreciate it as a spectator. man, how good were those slabbing sand filled left barrels!?!?!? i need some of that.

"...we woke up to perfect lefts, and that was our mission."
Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: hallucinogenic_toreador] #1314582
11/26/08 03:02 PM
11/26/08 03:02 PM
K
kane Offline
Michael Peterson status
kane  Offline
Michael Peterson status
K

I've been tempted to order a little short board from my shaper.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cf...;albumId=473256

look at his 2nd page of pics.

kooks are like a turd that won't flush.
Re: Machado on fishcuit,Biscuit and ? [Re: kane] #1314583
11/26/08 03:39 PM
11/26/08 03:39 PM
southbay
A
alohasurf Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
alohasurf  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
A

southbay
im 6'0 x 185 and picked up a 5'10 biscuit based on my friend's advice that rips his and is same size.

its definately not a groveler, its more of a differnt type of board to ride in decent waves. thats when i have the most fun with it at least. i also switched out the back fin with a smaller trailer type and it loosened it up a ton in smaller waves, as it the 5'10 felt a bit bulky in the small stuff.

im still not the biggest fan of my biscuit but fun to mess around on once or twice a week

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3