REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#1161941 - 02/19/08 11:47 AM Air Chair Hydrofoil
Nutmonkey Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Univ. of Chinese Immigrants
I just got a boat a few months back and am looking for new towing means. Anybody tried out the Air Chair? It seems totally different from anything else, looks really fun. I only looked a little around on the net but they are like $1500. a little pricy

#1161942 - 02/19/08 11:57 AM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: Nutmonkey]
GetShacked Offline
Michael Peterson status

thats what inspired Lairds hydrofoil wake board thing. They've probably been around for ten years. $1500 seems like more than I'd be willing to spend to sit on my ass and get towed behind a boat. Spend a couple hundred on a wakeboard and your set. You can do a lot more on one. If you an score an airchare for cheap on ebay it may be a fun novelty. But a wakeboard is something you won't grow tired of.

#1161943 - 02/19/08 01:00 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: Nutmonkey]
LanceBoyle Offline

Gerry Lopez status

Loc: United States
WEEEEEEEE!

#1161944 - 02/19/08 02:59 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: LanceBoyle]
Nick Kron Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: The Orange Curtain
Quote:

WEEEEEEEE!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

#1161945 - 02/19/08 04:00 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: Nutmonkey]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
They are pretty hard to learn on but once you get them dialed it's pretty fun. You can ride rough water which is good for most public lakes.

I've been water skiing and wakeboarding my whole life and I couldn't get up the first twenty or so tries to save my life. On the other hand I've seen several incompetant water skiers do it without any problem.

#1161946 - 02/19/08 04:18 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: silentbutdeadly]
GetShacked Offline
Michael Peterson status

Quote:

They are pretty hard to learn on but once you get them dialed it's pretty fun. You can ride rough water which is good for most public lakes.

I've been water skiing and wakeboarding my whole life and I couldn't get up the first twenty or so tries to save my life. On the other hand I've seen several incompetant water skiers do it without any problem.

Yeah but what do y ou do once you're up and going?

#1161947 - 02/19/08 04:47 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: GetShacked]
NealAnderthal Offline
Nep status

Loc: in the swamp
Quote:

Quote:

#1161948 - 02/19/08 04:48 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: GetShacked]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Quote:

Quote:

Big airs and flips mostly. It's a pretty cool sensation cause it lets you down soft and you have a nice floaty feel. There's a guy across the river from us who rips on it. He'll do flips ten feet in the air and the water doesn't even have to be smooth.

Not my cup of tea though, especially for 1500. Wakeboarding is hard enough, I don't need something else!

#1161949 - 02/19/08 05:26 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: silentbutdeadly]
GetShacked Offline
Michael Peterson status

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Big airs and flips mostly. It's a pretty cool sensation cause it lets you down soft and you have a nice floaty feel. There's a guy across the river from us who rips on it. He'll do flips ten feet in the air and the water doesn't even have to be smooth.

Not my cup of tea though, especially for 1500. Wakeboarding is hard enough, I don't need something else!

That video made me dizzy. I guess that dude can do pretty cool stuff on that thing. But to me its like fruitbooting or sponging. There's some people who can really kill at those sports. But no matter what its still just kinda gay.

The dude's doing backflips on an airchair clearly spent a lot of time practicing. Thats not something you just get strapped in and start doing. There's a lot of things I'd rather spend my time practicing and improving over my air chair skills.

#1161950 - 02/19/08 05:30 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: GetShacked]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That video made me dizzy. I guess that dude can do pretty cool stuff on that thing. But to me its like fruitbooting or sponging. There's some people who can really kill at those sports. But no matter what its still just kinda gay.

The dude's doing backflips on an airchair clearly spent a lot of time practicing. Thats not something you just get strapped in and start doing. There's a lot of things I'd rather spend my time practicing and improving over my air chair skills.

That's how typical wakeboarders perceive them. Kind of like fat chicks and Vespas, they may be fun but you don't want your friends to see you on em!

Also, sky skiers can be dicks in the water since they don't rely on good conditions they can be very inconsiderate of others.

#1161951 - 02/19/08 05:33 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: GetShacked]
Dude_dilly_squat Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

It's fun just being out of the water and carving the wing. When you are as high as you can go without the wing being out of the water, it seems really high. Launching airs is fun too. I cant do flips. But when I was wakeboarding a lot and airchairing, there was a carry over to my surfing in that those two things are forcing you to blance train.

I bought one used 6 years ago for 300. Just try to pick up a used one.

It's definatly a nice change from wake boarding.

It aint as good as surfing.

Nothing is as good as surfing.

Nothin!

#1161952 - 02/19/08 05:39 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: Dude_dilly_squat]
GetShacked Offline
Michael Peterson status

seems like it'd be really easy to land wrong from an air and have the foil catch the water splattering you on your face. I could be wrong cause I've never tried it. But I'd imagine if you came down to far forward it could hurt.

#1161953 - 02/20/08 07:09 AM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: NealAnderthal]
Nutmonkey Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Univ. of Chinese Immigrants
Wow, I had no idea you could boost air like that. That dude was gettin up there.
Im gonna look around cause if I can find one for like $300 thats all good.
Mo bettah leisure!

#1161954 - 02/20/08 06:50 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: Dude_dilly_squat]
Spartacus Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: Roman quarry
Quote:

It aint as good as surfing.

Nothing is as good as surfing.

Nothin!

Someone needs some naked dwarf tossing on acid stat.

Who's naked and/or on acid doesn't really matter that much.

I am Spartacus?

#1161955 - 02/20/08 07:20 PM Re: Air Chair Hydrofoil [Re: Nutmonkey]
surf cat Offline
Kelly Slater status

LeeD was ahead of his time

Edited by surf cat (02/20/08 07:26 PM)