REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#1159288 - 02/14/08 10:03 AM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: santacruzin]
tyrez Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: Big Blue Marble
Drink American, fer chrissakes...

#1159289 - 02/14/08 10:09 AM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" after a hard days work? [Re: Knuckledragger]
BurntToast Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: California
Quote:

Bombay Sapphire 'n' Tonic ...

Yep, there's nothing better.

#1159290 - 02/14/08 10:50 AM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: coonbuttah]
SrPato Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Ventucky
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm currently a fan of this.
Burns clean.

Careful! Not only does that stuff give you wicked breath but, it'll also give you man-boobs

I'll stick with Absolute + club soda + a wedge of key lime.

your man card please

Wasn't aware that Vodka is feminine.

If this wasn't so F^ckin expensive I'd drink it more often

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack
off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

#1159291 - 02/14/08 11:07 AM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: diro]
Haywood_Jablome Offline
Grom

Quote:

Stoli Vodka Martini

Ingredients:
Stoli Vodka (2 shots)
Extra Dry Vermuth (a splash)
Your choice of either a lemon peel or 2 olives
Shake in a tumbler with ice. Strain into a ice-chilled glass. Add lemon peel/olives last.

Replace the Stoli with Chopin and now you're talkin'

#2863425 - 10/21/18 08:21 PM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: Haywood_Jablome]
Driftcoast Offline
Michael Peterson status

Lots of drywall repair today with the illegal Irish lads and my shoulders are killing me, but I am done so it is more than Miller time.

Edited by Driftcoast (10/21/18 08:21 PM)

#2863428 - 10/21/18 08:31 PM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: Voltaire77]
rts265 Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Im actually trying to go in the other direction but have narrowed down some great breweries. Ninsaki and north coast make great beers with minimal hangover. Think they use clean pure ingredients.

Its been mentioned but mojitos are good. Tequila really doesnt relax me. fook you if you dont agree that don Julio is the best.

Secret to a great dark and stormy is mostly top shelf rum and just a splash of ginger beer. That should get the results your after.

#2863434 - 10/21/18 09:06 PM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: rts265]
1whoknows Online   content
Miki Dora status

Negroni - equal parts gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth

#2863822 - 10/22/18 04:24 PM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: Voltaire77]
Drumsurf Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: Beach
I've been a rum/coke guy forever but am enjoying making an Old Fashioned more now. Good Rye, some bitters and a lemon or orange peel and you're golden. Key are the big round ice balls.

#2863824 - 10/22/18 04:30 PM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: Voltaire77]
YeahNo Offline
Grom

Loc: Kelly's Cove
Here's one I picked up on the Jameson whiskey tour in Ireland last year...

Ingredients
- 1 Part Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 3 Parts Ginger Ale
- 1 wedge of lime

How To Make
- Fill highball glass with ice
- Pour 2 parts Jameson Irish Whiskey over ice
- Top up with ginger ale
- Stir briefly to mix
- Take a large wedge of lime, give it a squeeze and drop it into the glass

#2863826 - 10/22/18 04:35 PM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: Voltaire77]
rts265 Online   content
Michael Peterson status

heres one i picked up on the tequila train in guadalajara

get shot glass or any other container, pour tequila, drink. salt and lime optional.

#2863828 - 10/22/18 04:40 PM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: YeahNo]
Kento Online   content
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
I used to love vodka (would go through a handle every 3-5 days) but body no longer processes it and it will slosh around in my stomach seemingly perpetually until I pull the ejection cord. Screw that nonsense.

Dark and stormies are good. Myers Rum with the old Koala POG was the shit. Gotta substitute for something similar.

Will make the occasional margarita with the wife when it's hot during summer but generally not drinking hard liquor anymore.

Which was a problem when the Dodgers won the pennant on Friday. Sure there's beer and wine and I was about 2 bottles of wine deep but something like that requires a celebratory shot (it would have been a condolence shot if they lost - a shot was happening either way) but the only thing left in the pantry was Triple Sec and Marsala. Not even any E&J. So Triple Sec it was! roflmao

Russ Meyer

#2863835 - 10/22/18 04:46 PM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: 1whoknows]
RemyXO Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: San Luis Obispo
Originally Posted By: 1whoknows
Negroni - equal parts gin, Campari, and sweet vermouth

I love those too. This recipe also works if you use whiskey/bourbon instead of gin. So good. Called a Boulevardier.

That, a Manhattan, and a proper whiskey sour are my go-to's. Is it 5 yet?

#2863844 - 10/22/18 04:58 PM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: Voltaire77]
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: san diego, CA
not much of a hard alcohol drinker but have been enjoying:

Pineapple juice
Crushed ice
3/4 shot of Koloa dark rum
3/4 shot of Koloa spice rum
3/4 shot of Falernum
Lime to taste

#2863847 - 10/22/18 05:02 PM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: YeahNo]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: YeahNo
Here's one I picked up on the Jameson whiskey tour in Ireland last year...

Ingredients
- 1 Part Jameson Irish Whiskey
- 3 Parts Ginger Ale
- 1 wedge of lime

How To Make
- Fill highball glass with ice
- Pour 2 parts Jameson Irish Whiskey over ice
- Top up with ginger ale
- Stir briefly to mix
- Take a large wedge of lime, give it a squeeze and drop it into the glass

one I drank all last summer was just whiskey & lemonade

#2863870 - 10/22/18 06:14 PM Re: What's a good cocktail to "unwind" with after a hard days work? [Re: Voltaire77]
grapedrink Online   happy
Phil Edwards status

Loc: A Beach
Mint Julip has always been my favorite cocktail facelick I don't bother with it after work, because I'd spend more time making it (or watching someone making it) than actually drinking it, especially with the sweet taste. My post work beer goes down fast enough as it is beer

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32