REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984419
07/19/19 10:28 PM
07/19/19 10:28 PM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,190
O
Oakleys_N_Zinka Offline
Michael Peterson status
Oakleys_N_Zinka  Offline
Michael Peterson status
**
O

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,190
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by Oakleys_N_Zinka
Originally Posted by FecalFace


If you agree that Trump is at the very least xenophobic, what is the good reason that we should not call him and his defenders xenophobes?



I don't buy into the adjacency argument. It's like saying if you support Ilhan Omar you're an anti-Semite ISIS apologist or whatever extremist crap gets spouted off. It's unfortunate but a lot of people like Trump a lot less than they dislike Hillary and are willing to put up with his gaffes, and that goes both ways. Politics are complex and ultimately personal and are not the sum total of an individual. Anyway, I'm loath to label half the country as phobic ism hatemongers. They're our neighbors, and I'd prefer to establish some common ground with them outside of politics rather than graft some extreme right-wing personality onto them. So far it works pretty well unless it's on the internet.



That aside, you're saying that if I defend what Omar said, doesn't that mean that I agree with what she's saying?




No, I don't draw the worst possible conclusions from it.


Nobody puts Bodhi in the corner.
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984425
07/19/19 10:43 PM
07/19/19 10:43 PM
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,126
H
hammies Offline
Michael Peterson status
hammies  Offline
Michael Peterson status
**
H

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,126
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by hammies
Welcome to 2019, where critically important words' meanings are fluid. "Racism" is defined as whatever a POC or white ally says it is at any given time.




I asked a question that remains unanswered, what constitutes racism in your opinion?

No Wiki definitions.

Thanks.


Racism is a person or persons' ideas, speech, and/or actions that demean or otherwise go against another person or group of people, because of the color of their skin.

There. And no, I didn't look it up.


"The world needs fewer arrogant pricks."
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984434
07/19/19 10:56 PM
07/19/19 10:56 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,518
California USA
J
JEwing Offline
Tom Curren status
JEwing  Offline
Tom Curren status
**
J

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,518
California USA
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by Oakleys_N_Zinka
Originally Posted by FecalFace
[
Because I don't think I called anything racist that's not racist.


Have you ever not called something racist?


Nice diversion.

Is anything racist to you?

Also, please point out what did I call racist that's not racist and why it's not racist.

Cheers


Surfing forum? Let's get real haloe. Paddle out anywhere in Hawaii and you will experience racism. Will you be told to go back to where you came from? Why yes! Do you then yell at them and call them racists? Probably best to keep your mouth shut.


I was a little bit smarter and quicker than everyone else, so I've been able to live the way I've wanted to live - Mickey Dora
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: hammies] #2984435
07/19/19 10:57 PM
07/19/19 10:57 PM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,804
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
**
G

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,804
Carlsbad
Originally Posted by hammies
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by hammies
Welcome to 2019, where critically important words' meanings are fluid. "Racism" is defined as whatever a POC or white ally says it is at any given time.




I asked a question that remains unanswered, what constitutes racism in your opinion?

No Wiki definitions.

Thanks.


Racism is a person or persons' ideas, speech, and/or actions that demean or otherwise go against another person or group of people, because of the color of their skin.

There. And no, I didn't look it up.


Wrong. FF subscribes to the "High Empathy/Low-T" version that injects power+privilege into it.

whitemanbad is not racist by their definition.


#sowhat
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: i_shapes] #2984487
07/20/19 12:36 AM
07/20/19 12:36 AM
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,534
1
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status
*
1

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,534
Originally Posted by i_shapes
I believe Trump is an actual racist.


Well OK then


“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: JEwing] #2984492
07/20/19 12:43 AM
07/20/19 12:43 AM
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,534
1
1whoknows Offline
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Offline
Phil Edwards status
*
1

Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 6,534
Originally Posted by JEwing


Surfing forum? Let's get real haloe. Paddle out anywhere in Hawaii and you will experience racism. Will you be told to go back to where you came from? Why yes! Do you then yell at them and call them racists? Probably best to keep your mouth shut.


Come on now Joe. If I thought anyone here actually surfed I wouldn’t write this, but Hawaiians are super cool. Hawaiians are not racist in the water. I have experienced racially based discrimination in Hawaii, 40 years ago, but it was at a lunch counter, by some Asian-extraction ladies. Ben Aipa called me into a wave at Lanis 20 years ago. I’ve never gotten grief in Hawaii. You want vibes, go surf Windansea or Big Rock.


“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: Oakleys_N_Zinka] #2984499
07/20/19 01:09 AM
07/20/19 01:09 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,607
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline OP
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline OP
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,607
your mom
Originally Posted by Oakleys_N_Zinka
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by Oakleys_N_Zinka
Originally Posted by FecalFace


If you agree that Trump is at the very least xenophobic, what is the good reason that we should not call him and his defenders xenophobes?



I don't buy into the adjacency argument. It's like saying if you support Ilhan Omar you're an anti-Semite ISIS apologist or whatever extremist crap gets spouted off. It's unfortunate but a lot of people like Trump a lot less than they dislike Hillary and are willing to put up with his gaffes, and that goes both ways. Politics are complex and ultimately personal and are not the sum total of an individual. Anyway, I'm loath to label half the country as phobic ism hatemongers. They're our neighbors, and I'd prefer to establish some common ground with them outside of politics rather than graft some extreme right-wing personality onto them. So far it works pretty well unless it's on the internet.



That aside, you're saying that if I defend what Omar said, doesn't that mean that I agree with what she's saying?




No, I don't draw the worst possible conclusions from it.



If I defend Omar's statement, is presuming that I agree with her "the worst possible conclusion"?

It's a correct conclusion.

You don't want to judge if Trump is a racist because you don't know "what's in his heart", so you disregard his actions completely.

Using correct nomenclature is the correct thing to do.



What happened to the rest of my post?

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: GDaddy] #2984500
07/20/19 01:11 AM
07/20/19 01:11 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,607
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline OP
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline OP
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,607
your mom
Originally Posted by GDaddy
Originally Posted by hammies
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by hammies
Welcome to 2019, where critically important words' meanings are fluid. "Racism" is defined as whatever a POC or white ally says it is at any given time.




I asked a question that remains unanswered, what constitutes racism in your opinion?

No Wiki definitions.

Thanks.


Racism is a person or persons' ideas, speech, and/or actions that demean or otherwise go against another person or group of people, because of the color of their skin.

There. And no, I didn't look it up.


Wrong. FF subscribes to the "High Empathy/Low-T" version that injects power+privilege into it.

whitemanbad is not racist by their definition.



How do you feel about the fact that majority of erBB agrees that you're a xenophobic piece of shit and very possibly racist?

We just shouldn't pass judgement before we know what's in your heart.

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984501
07/20/19 01:13 AM
07/20/19 01:13 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,607
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline OP
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline OP
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,607
your mom


Does demeaning, stereotyping or insulting someone on the basis of their enthicity, sexual orientation or race, considered bigotry?

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984525
07/20/19 02:07 AM
07/20/19 02:07 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,190
O
Oakleys_N_Zinka Offline
Michael Peterson status
Oakleys_N_Zinka  Offline
Michael Peterson status
**
O

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,190
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by Oakleys_N_Zinka
Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by Oakleys_N_Zinka
Originally Posted by FecalFace


If you agree that Trump is at the very least xenophobic, what is the good reason that we should not call him and his defenders xenophobes?



I don't buy into the adjacency argument. It's like saying if you support Ilhan Omar you're an anti-Semite ISIS apologist or whatever extremist crap gets spouted off. It's unfortunate but a lot of people like Trump a lot less than they dislike Hillary and are willing to put up with his gaffes, and that goes both ways. Politics are complex and ultimately personal and are not the sum total of an individual. Anyway, I'm loath to label half the country as phobic ism hatemongers. They're our neighbors, and I'd prefer to establish some common ground with them outside of politics rather than graft some extreme right-wing personality onto them. So far it works pretty well unless it's on the internet.



That aside, you're saying that if I defend what Omar said, doesn't that mean that I agree with what she's saying?




No, I don't draw the worst possible conclusions from it.



If I defend Omar's statement, is presuming that I agree with her "the worst possible conclusion"?

It's a correct conclusion.

You don't want to judge if Trump is a racist because you don't know "what's in his heart", so you disregard his actions completely.

Using correct nomenclature is the correct thing to do.



What happened to the rest of my post?



Good grief, you sure take yourself seriously. I guess someone has to.


Nobody puts Bodhi in the corner.
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: Oakleys_N_Zinka] #2984538
07/20/19 03:03 AM
07/20/19 03:03 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,607
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline OP
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline OP
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,607
your mom
Nice rebuttal.

Coherent and well thought of, good work.



I thought you went to college? confused2

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984539
07/20/19 03:05 AM
07/20/19 03:05 AM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 57,258
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
**
I

Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 57,258
HB, CA
LMAO when one person thinks he represents “the majority” and that “majority” shares his twisted views

roflmao


My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: ifallalot] #2984547
07/20/19 03:13 AM
07/20/19 03:13 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,607
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline OP
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline OP
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 34,607
your mom
Originally Posted by ifallalot
LMAO when one person thinks he represents “the majority” and that “majority” shares his twisted views

roflmao


I'm just asking what do you consider to be racism?

It seems that you and few others think that nothing is racist.

Sad.

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984556
07/20/19 03:23 AM
07/20/19 03:23 AM
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,190
O
Oakleys_N_Zinka Offline
Michael Peterson status
Oakleys_N_Zinka  Offline
Michael Peterson status
**
O

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,190
Originally Posted by FecalFace


Does demeaning, stereotyping or insulting someone on the basis of their enthicity, sexual orientation or race, considered bigotry?


Yes. No duh. What's your point?


Nobody puts Bodhi in the corner.
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984559
07/20/19 03:28 AM
07/20/19 03:28 AM
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,804
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
**
G

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 23,804
Carlsbad
The truth is a legitimate defense against the allegation of slander. That's why there's nothing wrong with (for example) calling some 3rd world hellscape a shthole when it's true.


#sowhat
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32