REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Have we established what constitutes racism? #2984224
07/19/19 05:34 PM
07/19/19 05:34 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline OP
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline OP
Duke status
F

your mom
It doesn't seem so.

It looks like nothing is racist anymore.

Except this is "anti-semitic":

“We must support an end of the occupation and seek to achieve a two-state solution. I believe firmly that the path to peace does not (lie) with a violent mean."

WTF is going on? confused2

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984239
07/19/19 05:53 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

the term "anti-semitism" has been rendered a meaningless distraction driven by politicians the media

It’s like the GZA coming on after U-God
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984240
Your mom�s house
D
Duffy Offline
Kelly Slater status
Duffy  Offline
Kelly Slater status
D

Your mom�s house

Oh contraire.

Everything is racist.

�No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn�

- The Wasp
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984245
07/19/19 05:55 PM
07/19/19 05:55 PM
Your mom�s house
D
Duffy Offline
Kelly Slater status
Duffy  Offline
Kelly Slater status
D

Your mom�s house
And being against some of Israel’s policies isn’t anti-Semitic.

�No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn�

- The Wasp
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: Duffy] #2984250
07/19/19 05:59 PM
07/19/19 05:59 PM
C
CatchSurff Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
CatchSurff  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
C

Originally Posted by Duffy
And being against some of Israel’s policies isn’t anti-Semitic.

What about being a holocaust denier? Is that racist to discuss and debate the claims of the holocaust?

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984253
07/19/19 06:00 PM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status
hal9000  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

Urbana, Illinois
Being a Somali refugee, wearing a head covering, and criticizing poor American policies. That is pure racism right there.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984254
I
i_shapes Offline
Nep status
i_shapes  Offline
Nep status
I

I decided to pick out the next random thing on my TV, type it into Google and add "racist" to it. Just to test the theory that everything is racist.

So there was a commercial for Lion King. Starts today in theaters. So that's what I typed in. "Lion King racist."

introduces us to a society where the weak have learned to worship at the feet of the strong. As we watch the herbivores congregate to bow down before their newborn ruler, ‘The Lion King’ presents a seductive worldview in which absolute power goes unquestioned and the weak and the vulnerable are fundamentally inferior. In other words: ‘The Lion King’ offers us fascist ideology writ large, and there is no obvious way out for the remake. A variety of cute and cuddly creatures stand in for a deeply human way of organizing society. But mapping our own social hierarchies onto the pristine and ‘neutral’ animal kingdom makes these power dynamics seem natural, common-sense and even desirable. And by using predator-prey relationships to allegorize human power structures, the film almost inevitably incorporates a worldview in which the rulers’ power derives from their biological superiority.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outl...-can-change-that/?utm_term=.3a2956df7ab2

So Lion King is fascist AND racist.

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: i_shapes] #2984259
07/19/19 06:04 PM
07/19/19 06:04 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted by i_shapes
I decided to pick out the next random thing on my TV, type it into Google and add "racist" to it. Just to test the theory that everything is racist.

So there was a commercial for Lion King. Starts today in theaters. So that's what I typed in. "Lion King racist."

introduces us to a society where the weak have learned to worship at the feet of the strong. As we watch the herbivores congregate to bow down before their newborn ruler, ‘The Lion King’ presents a seductive worldview in which absolute power goes unquestioned and the weak and the vulnerable are fundamentally inferior. In other words: ‘The Lion King’ offers us fascist ideology writ large, and there is no obvious way out for the remake. A variety of cute and cuddly creatures stand in for a deeply human way of organizing society. But mapping our own social hierarchies onto the pristine and ‘neutral’ animal kingdom makes these power dynamics seem natural, common-sense and even desirable. And by using predator-prey relationships to allegorize human power structures, the film almost inevitably incorporates a worldview in which the rulers’ power derives from their biological superiority.

Oh hell yeah it is

[Linked Image]

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984270
07/19/19 06:11 PM
C
CatchSurff Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
CatchSurff  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
C

Saying everything is racist is just a pathetic ploy for “the less fortunate” aka non whites to get their way when they otherwise can’t.

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984271
H
hammies Offline
Michael Peterson status
hammies  Offline
Michael Peterson status
H

Welcome to 2019, where critically important words' meanings are fluid. "Racism" is defined as whatever a POC or white ally says it is at any given time.

"The world needs fewer arrogant pricks."
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: i_shapes] #2984274
07/19/19 06:19 PM
07/19/19 06:19 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline OP
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline OP
Duke status
F

your mom

Nice opinion piece.

What constitutes racism in your eyes? Is anything racist?

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: hammies] #2984276
07/19/19 06:20 PM
07/19/19 06:20 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline OP
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline OP
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by hammies
Welcome to 2019, where critically important words' meanings are fluid. "Racism" is defined as whatever a POC or white ally says it is at any given time.

I asked a question that remains unanswered, what constitutes racism in your opinion?

No Wiki definitions.

Thanks.

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: Duffy] #2984279
07/19/19 06:22 PM
07/19/19 06:22 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Offline OP
Duke status
FecalFace  Offline OP
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by Duffy

Oh contraire.

Everything is racist.

No, not everything is racist.

Is anything racist? poke

Give us a real world example of racism, in your opinion.

Unless you think it's just a distraction invented by the politicians and the media?

Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984280
07/19/19 06:23 PM
07/19/19 06:23 PM
1whoknows Online content
Phil Edwards status
1whoknows  Online Content
Phil Edwards status

“When Mexico sends it people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people," ... THIS IS NOT RACIST.

“Jews will not replace us.” ALSO NOT RACIST

“God, I’m glad I’m not me.” Bob Dylan
Re: Have we established what constitutes racism? [Re: FecalFace] #2984283
07/19/19 06:24 PM
07/19/19 06:24 PM
I
i_shapes Offline
Nep status
i_shapes  Offline
Nep status
I

Originally Posted by FecalFace

Nice opinion piece.

What constitutes racism in your eyes? Is anything racist?

Prejudging people by the color of their skin/ethnicity.

And Lion King.

And Betsy Ross.

Last edited by i_shapes; 07/19/19 06:26 PM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32