REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Does your erBB main page constantly resize? #2982214
07/16/19 08:57 AM
07/16/19 08:57 AM
T
TeamScam Offline OP
Miki Dora status
TeamScam  Offline OP
Miki Dora status
T

Annoying as hell, the main list of threads constantly re-centers itself on my Android phone, I can't figure it out. Is it an ad or resize or center/align=center thing?
Is it clownface? Makes it really hard to focus on the stuff I WANT to read.
Help!

Here's how my problem unfolds.
I read all the other forums news feeds Craigslist searches bouy reports, NOAA forcast pages etc then come on over here by using a desktop shortcut on my phone which loads the index/threadlist (surfer discussion).
That page loads and I can read the first thread sublect before my aging eyes go all blurry, so that's when I reverse pinch my screen to enlarge it so I can read it.
The new more age friendly sized screen lasts about 1-2 seconds before is re-centers to the top of the list and I repeat this sequence over and over trying to beat that recentering effect by reading desperately.
Anyone? Should I just leave again? Surely it's not another Anti-Scam conspiracy? No?

Last edited by TeamScam; 07/16/19 09:37 AM.
Re: Does your erBB main page constantly resize? [Re: TeamScam] #2982227
07/16/19 10:25 AM
07/16/19 10:25 AM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Use the Chrome Browser and install the AdBlock and UBlock add ins and you won't have this problem. It will also eliminate most if not all of the ads on the site and pages will load faster too.

You could also use the Brave browser as well and you will achieve the same effect as above.

What's the difference between conservatives and liberals?

Conservatives get angry when you lie to them. Liberals get angry when you tell
them the truth.
Re: Does your erBB main page constantly resize? [Re: TeamScam] #2982238
07/16/19 11:13 AM
07/16/19 11:13 AM
R
Random Guy Offline
Duke status
Random Guy  Offline
Duke status
R

Hey team scam, what’s up man?
Good to see you’re still alive and surfing
I’m not seeing the same issues, but pretty often pages load so f’n slow that I can’t even read stuff here
cowabunga
rg

Re: Does your erBB main page constantly resize? [Re: TeamScam] #2982249
07/16/19 11:47 AM
07/16/19 11:47 AM
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

I think in desperation to generate ad revenue they've flooded the website with ads. I don't know what these ads have done for their revenue numbers but I do think that the ads have messed up the viewing experience for visitors to the point that they are reducing the number of site visits and have driven people like me to install software to strip the site of advertising content.

Random, sounds like your speed issues are the result of the above. If you take the steps I mentioned in my first post your viewing experience should improve.

What's the difference between conservatives and liberals?

Conservatives get angry when you lie to them. Liberals get angry when you tell
them the truth.
Re: Does your erBB main page constantly resize? [Re: Random Guy] #2982257
07/16/19 11:57 AM
07/16/19 11:57 AM
T
TeamScam Offline OP
Miki Dora status
TeamScam  Offline OP
Miki Dora status
T

Cowabunga indeed!
I was using chrome with no additional ad blocking, ads if that is what's been causing my problem haven't been an issue except here. I am not surprised the devilish surfer marketing machine would cause more problems for my phone than 99% of all the sites I have been to.
Using Brave seems to solve the problem but, it is slower than I was led to believe when I originally downloaded it.
Anyway I am stoked and in the water enough now(despite relatively flat summer) that coming here doesn't just bring me down. Not this year.

Re: Does your erBB main page constantly resize? [Re: TeamScam] #2982475
07/16/19 05:23 PM
07/16/19 05:23 PM
000 Offline
Duke status
000  Offline
Duke status

i dropped adblock for ublock years ago
no probs here

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32