REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Soft Tops - Just me??? [Re: GromsDad] #2982784
07/17/19 01:08 AM
07/17/19 01:08 AM
Your mom�s house
D
Duffy Offline
Kelly Slater status
Duffy  Offline
Kelly Slater status
D

Your mom�s house
Originally Posted by GromsDad
Duff: I order a few custom HP shortboards each year from one of the top brands out there and at the end of the day, other than the lighter glass job and a little color they are the same as the boards on the rack. They are just computer files at this point.

I have two boards in my garage right now from CI that are the same model and have the same exact dims. The older one is OTR and newer one has the rails slightly pinched and is single to vee instead of single to double to vee.

You’re ordering wrong.

�No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn�

- The Wasp
Re: Soft Tops - Just me??? [Re: rts265] #2982785
07/17/19 01:10 AM
07/17/19 01:10 AM
Your mom�s house
D
Duffy Offline
Kelly Slater status
Duffy  Offline
Kelly Slater status
D

Your mom�s house
Originally Posted by rts265
Originally Posted by Muscles
Kalani and JOB ride them because they get paid to ride them. Let's not be ridiculous and think otherwise. I'd ride one too if I was paid for it.

right, and it's the marketing that says its ok to go out and burn people. thats what JOB does all the time on Who Is JOB

Kalani and friends do it too in all the youtube videos

so some kook buys a softtop, starts ruining peoples day, and says its all cool bro were just having fun

it's summer, it's kook eat kook right now.

Say something to them.

It’s not the board, it’s the behavior.

- The Wasp
Re: Soft Tops - Just me??? [Re: manbearpig] #2982790
07/17/19 01:14 AM
07/17/19 01:14 AM
Your mom�s house
D
Duffy Offline
Kelly Slater status
Duffy  Offline
Kelly Slater status
D

Your mom�s house
Originally Posted by manbearpig
I find the trend generally retarded.

But there’s a few instances otherwise. 10 years ago a few underground rippers were getting the barrels of the day on an overhead classic day of the year type swell on soft board twin fin fishes. They had modded them in some weird ways and raved about the flex in the tube.

This.

My original Wavestorm has been tinkered with and I ride it as a twin fin. I surfed a heaving beach break on it (my two other board i had were broken within 20 minutes) The thing rides the tube pretty damn good. I had a blast on it.

Not my first choice but getting barreled is better than not getting barreled.

- The Wasp
Re: Soft Tops - Just me??? [Re: Racer1] #2982844
07/17/19 02:52 AM
07/17/19 02:52 AM
Tuna Town/Baja
G
grg Offline
Miki Dora status
grg  Offline
Miki Dora status
G

Tuna Town/Baja
Originally Posted by Racer1
Originally Posted by grg
Originally Posted by Racer1
That long haired kid that launches giant airs is pretty cool, but I don't see anybody but him doing that.

Blair Conklin?

He's the only one that I've seen and thought he made them look fun.

Hes a great human with an equally great family. My son is good friends with him and they spent a lot of time in the water. Good on a Skim, surf and Softboard (Doyle, as we call them in Laguna).

Re: Soft Tops - Just me??? [Re: glowplug] #2982862
07/17/19 03:52 AM
07/17/19 03:52 AM
S
surfore Offline
Grom
surfore  Offline
Grom
S

Are the popout haters and non-handshaped haters okay with these?

https://intsoftboards.com/

MADE IN THE USA USING 100% RECYCLABLE FOAM BLANKS AND BIO-BASED EPOXY RESIN

I agree there are too many guys totally over volumeed but otherwise I just hate them when they get more waves than me.

Re: Soft Tops - Just me??? [Re: glowplug] #2982959
07/17/19 02:28 PM
07/17/19 02:28 PM
san diego
T
tsenn Offline
Gerry Lopez status
tsenn  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
T

san diego
They're fine for summer fun, kids learning, whatever...but if all you have is a sponge board, I wouldn't call yourself a surfer...

Re: Soft Tops - Just me??? [Re: glowplug] #2983292
07/17/19 08:49 PM
07/17/19 08:49 PM
Oceansuck
J
jkb Offline
Phil Edwards status
jkb  Offline
Phil Edwards status
J

Oceansuck
I enjoy saying something to the competent surfer riding a wavestorm on a good day. It usually goes something like this:

Me: "Hey, nice wave!"

Wavestormer: "Thanks!"

Me: "Pretty soon you'll be good enough to ride a real board."

laugh

Legal Disclaimer: jkb's posts are written by his Posting Agent, whose views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of jkb.
Re: Soft Tops - Just me??? [Re: glowplug] #2983312
07/17/19 09:24 PM
07/17/19 09:24 PM
92122 Offline
Billy Hamilton status
92122  Offline
Billy Hamilton status

I like that they are starting to come with legit fin boxes. I'd say the biggest gripe with softboard performance would be around the soft plastic fins that flex a lot but don't give you anything back on the release and provide very little drive.

https://doylesurfboards.com/collections/speedsponge/products/doyle-speedsponge-softboards-blue

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4