REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
New weed study confirms what we all already know #2979158
07/10/19 03:00 PM
07/10/19 03:00 PM
SD
S
SixtyGrit Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
SixtyGrit  Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
S

SD

Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: SixtyGrit] #2979169
07/10/19 03:18 PM
07/10/19 03:18 PM
Oceansuck
J
jkb Offline
Phil Edwards status
jkb  Offline
Phil Edwards status
J

Oceansuck
I hate that concentrate sh!t that's like 70% THC. Even half a puff of that stuff will fvck me out of my mind.

I'm a much bigger fan of the 10% stuff. Much more functional.

I'm hungry for some chocolate chip cookie dough.

Wait, what was I saying?

Oh yeah......I really like the breadsticks from Olive Garden.

Legal Disclaimer: jkb's posts are written by his Posting Agent, whose views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of jkb.
Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: SixtyGrit] #2979173
07/10/19 03:29 PM
07/10/19 03:29 PM
SD
S
SixtyGrit Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
SixtyGrit  Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
S

SD
Try a flower with 1:1 THC to CBD sometime. It is the only thing that I will use now. High THC with low/negligible CBD makes me foggy, hungry, and paranoid.

Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: jkb] #2979178
07/10/19 03:34 PM
07/10/19 03:34 PM
Neck deep
H
HarryLopez Offline
Phil Edwards status
HarryLopez  Offline
Phil Edwards status
H

Neck deep
Originally Posted by jkb
I hate that concentrate sh!t that's like 70% THC. Even half a puff of that stuff will fvck me out of my mind.

Wait, what was I saying?

roflmao

Bro, that car behind us is following us...

I knew my eggs was headed for dat big omelette in da sky!
Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: HarryLopez] #2979309
07/10/19 07:11 PM
07/10/19 07:11 PM
Honolulu, Hawaii
R
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
Racer1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
R

Honolulu, Hawaii
Originally Posted by HarryLopez
Originally Posted by jkb

Wait, what was I saying?

roflmao

ALWAYS

Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: Racer1] #2979343
07/10/19 07:44 PM
07/10/19 07:44 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted by Racer1
Originally Posted by HarryLopez
Originally Posted by jkb

Wait, what was I saying?

roflmao

ALWAYS

Paranoia makes you drive safer. smokin

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: SixtyGrit] #2979345
07/10/19 07:47 PM
07/10/19 07:47 PM
Probably dropping in on you, C...
C
CutnSnip Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
CutnSnip  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
C

Probably dropping in on you, C...
Indica strands make me feel good. Sativa makes me anxious.

Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: SixtyGrit] #2979352
07/10/19 08:00 PM
07/10/19 08:00 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
I try not to bother with indicas since they suck me straight into the couch, leaving me lethargic. I don't like that - I want energy and flow.

Sativas much better as they keep my mind active, help ignore pain (actually, I usually just send telepathy to offending muscles to STFU and deal), and enhance things like surfing, snowboarding, hiking, etc. Speaking of which, hiking the 20-mile loop up to San Jacinto with the wife in a couple weeks, will definitely go through some weed on that one... smokin

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: SixtyGrit] #2979370
07/10/19 08:43 PM
07/10/19 08:43 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
What did this study actually confirm about what we already know about smoking pot?

That some people get paranoid and some don't?

No, this study didn't say that.

What the study showed was the effect depends on where in the brain the pot acted. Essentially, if the front part of the brain was affected, you don't get the paranoia, but if the back part was affected, you get a different effect.

Saying this was/is common knowledge, the physicality of the chemicals on certain areas of the brain determines the effect, seems a little untrue.

But then again, maybe all the pot smokers have more medical scanning and brain scanning machines than the rest of us and know what the study only just told us.

Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: SixtyGrit] #2979554
07/11/19 07:51 AM
07/11/19 07:51 AM
PNW
A
Aruka Offline
Miki Dora status
Aruka  Offline
Miki Dora status
A

PNW
I used to smoke pretty regularly for years. I was never the type to get lit and just pass out, it always kind of made me restless but happy. I always had to do something active when I was high like go surf or skate the bowl or just hike around. One day in my early/mid 20's I quit for a while for whatever reason. I think I honestly just forgot to get high one day...

When I came back to it I got so ridiculously high and so paranoid, it was terrible. Every time I tried it, same thing. I would have such a bad time that I would not try it again for a long time but then I would be curious or bored or whatever and give it a shot with mostly the same result of basically a panic attack for an hour or two.

I drove to Portland once to visit my cousin who's pretty much a professional level weed smoker. A white jew with dreads who promotes and organizes reggae shows he is the quintessential trustafarian. I love the guy though, he's such a character. After the long drive up to the city I got super lost trying to find his place because his directions were very unhelpful and I was unfamiliar with his neighborhood. I was a bit frazzled and hungry when I got to his place but I was happy to be done driving so when he offered a "snapper" from his four foot bong I foolishly obliged. What a terrible decision. It hit me so quickly. I felt the walls closing in, I couldn't breath or talk through the cotton in my mouth. The traffic outside sounded so loud and I desperately wanted to flee the city but of course I just rode it out in his backyard, the closest thing I could find to nature.

That was probably like eight years ago and I have not really tried it again. I just stick to IPA and boomers.

Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: Mr Doof] #2979607
07/11/19 01:48 PM
07/11/19 01:48 PM
SD
S
SixtyGrit Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
SixtyGrit  Offline OP
Legend (inyourownmind)
S

SD
Originally Posted by Mr Doof
What did this study actually confirm about what we already know about smoking pot?

That some people get paranoid and some don't?

No, this study didn't say that.

What the study showed was the effect depends on where in the brain the pot acted. Essentially, if the front part of the brain was affected, you don't get the paranoia, but if the back part was affected, you get a different effect.

Saying this was/is common knowledge, the physicality of the chemicals on certain areas of the brain determines the effect, seems a little untrue.

But then again, maybe all the pot smokers have more medical scanning and brain scanning machines than the rest of us and know what the study only just told us.

I know people who won't touch it because they experience paranoia every time. Fo ME, paranoia is an effect of overdose and the chemical content of the strain. I like different strains than my friend, who can use high-thc strains without feeling paranoia. I need to low dose THC+CBD strains, or I'm foggy and paranoid.

I was saying it was common knowledge that its effects on people are highly variable, but that's all. I don't own a single brain scanner.

Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: SixtyGrit] #2979611
07/11/19 02:08 PM
07/11/19 02:08 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Online content
Duke status
Autoprax  Online Content
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
I like to scan my brain with my mind.

incompetence is preferable to malice.
Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: SixtyGrit] #2979652
07/11/19 03:53 PM
07/11/19 03:53 PM
NE
E
el_calvo Offline
Michael Peterson status
el_calvo  Offline
Michael Peterson status
E

NE
I smoked a lot when I was away at college. When I came home for the summer I stopped totally.
About 2 weeks after I stopped smoking, I woke up one morning and felt much more awake and alert.
The difference was striking.
I didn't start smoking again when I returned to school in the fall.
And that was with the low THC weed we had a long, long time ago.
I would guess that what they sell now would cause even more brain fog.
confused2

I'd like to try surfing but everyone knows there aren't any waves on the East Coast.
Re: New weed study confirms what we all already know [Re: Aruka] #2980436
07/12/19 06:54 PM
07/12/19 06:54 PM
F
Fritzo Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Fritzo  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
F

Originally Posted by Aruka
I used to smoke pretty regularly for years. I was never the type to get lit and just pass out, it always kind of made me restless but happy. I always had to do something active when I was high like go surf or skate the bowl or just hike around. One day in my early/mid 20's I quit for a while for whatever reason. I think I honestly just forgot to get high one day...

When I came back to it I got so ridiculously high and so paranoid, it was terrible. Every time I tried it, same thing. I would have such a bad time that I would not try it again for a long time but then I would be curious or bored or whatever and give it a shot with mostly the same result of basically a panic attack for an hour or two.

I drove to Portland once to visit my cousin who's pretty much a professional level weed smoker. A white jew with dreads who promotes and organizes reggae shows he is the quintessential trustafarian. I love the guy though, he's such a character. After the long drive up to the city I got super lost trying to find his place because his directions were very unhelpful and I was unfamiliar with his neighborhood. I was a bit frazzled and hungry when I got to his place but I was happy to be done driving so when he offered a "snapper" from his four foot bong I foolishly obliged. What a terrible decision. It hit me so quickly. I felt the walls closing in, I couldn't breath or talk through the cotton in my mouth. The traffic outside sounded so loud and I desperately wanted to flee the city but of course I just rode it out in his backyard, the closest thing I could find to nature.

That was probably like eight years ago and I have not really tried it again. I just stick to IPA and boomers.

Pretty much my exact experience. I keep coming back to it since I know it's healthier than drinking but same result.

Paranoia doesn't nearly describe my experience though. More like claustrophobic and deeply and negatively self-reflective.

The one exception is that I make hot cocoa weed butter drink for after late night hockey games. Hot water, raw cocoa and honey. Sleeping through that high is amazing. So much good blood flow.

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32