REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2973915
06/28/19 10:40 AM
06/28/19 10:40 AM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Not a shithole

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: _____] #2973966
06/28/19 01:08 PM
06/28/19 01:08 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Originally Posted by _____
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Originally Posted by casa_mugrienta
You can only hope.

There will be one less surfer in the lineup shrug

That's the spirit!
Turn that frown into smile!
If only more surfers weren't shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session . . . .

I think you meant "if more surfers were shot, kidnapped..." I need to get warmed up for my late night homestead peeps who wish cancer/aids and suicide on others.

Yeah, that ruined the joke. bawling

Humans make mistakes. Butter make them here than on the comedic playing field of life.

I'm still a good person.

incompetence is preferable to malice.
Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: SlicedFeet] #2973968
06/28/19 01:09 PM
06/28/19 01:09 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Originally Posted by SlicedFeet
Going back. cheers

I was talking with a women who grew up in Jberg and recently left when I was there last. She said Jberg “ is opportunity lost”. It’s done. She was a few generations deep.

The potential in that country is off the charts. Maybe next lifetime.

Rent a beater.

I had a nurse in the emergency room in escondido tell me that same story.

She was from there and they had to GTFO.

The SA government are pushing for land reparations.

That always works out well.

Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2974030
06/28/19 04:08 PM
06/28/19 04:08 PM
000 Offline
Duke status
000  Offline
Duke status

sometimes i wish this would happen to the guy(s) who went far out of their way to sit on my peak

Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2974386
06/29/19 06:23 AM
06/29/19 06:23 AM
Swarm Diego
S
SlicedFeet Offline
Miki Dora status
SlicedFeet  Offline
Miki Dora status
S

Swarm Diego
Yeah, going back in a few weeks.

So here’s a must place to hit for dinner when you go back. Blacksheep Restaurant on Kloop St. in Cape Town. It’s in the Gardens District. Go straight to the bar and have dinner there with local wine. Order the Kingfish if they still have it or what ever fish they recommend. I still think about that evening and how much fun and good it was.

Then hit the German butcher shop just up the street to bring back home some OG Biltong. I’ll cook you and your’s a bbq dinner if you bust some of that stuff out for apps. He doesn't speak much English but has the goods.

So What’s up with South Africa?

Physically it’s the most unique and beautiful country I’ve ever seen. Absolutley gorgeous.

If you get freaked out about going to Mexico, don’t even think about going to South Africa.

The local Dutch/English who have been there for generations are Hardened. You can see it in there faces and demeanor. They see/know/feel the potential but their hopes and dreams have been sliced by millions of little cuts over the years and generations. Everyone works hard but their currency is shit on the world stage. It’s a sinkhole they can never leave.

Then throw in the open border to the north, which of all of Africa seems to be descending upon The amount of uneducated/unskilled people filtering down is too much for the infrastructure and government to bear.

When you have people ask to watch your car while you shop hopping that you may give them enough money so they can eat that day is the situation.

Let’s just say that every American should wake each morning and give praise to how well the Jesuits performed their duties in Latin and South America back in the day. Faith is very powerful and righteous.

After hearing the first round of Democrats debate on how bad it is in America right now, All I could think is how wack and out of touch a majority of Americans are right now. We have water pruned hands.

Last edited by SlicedFeet; 06/29/19 06:24 AM.

"God, please protect me from your followers"
Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2974414
06/29/19 12:55 PM
06/29/19 12:55 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Offline
Duke status
Autoprax  Offline
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Great thread.

I want to go to SA.

West Africa too.

Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: Autoprax] #2974616
06/29/19 10:28 PM
06/29/19 10:28 PM
P
PPK96754 Offline
Michael Peterson status
PPK96754  Offline
Michael Peterson status
P

My wife is off to South Africa tonight with her sister, brother inlaw and meeting her niece in New York tomorrow night then off to Kruger National Park. Her niece use to take care of adopted chimps and elephants in Africa. Four weeks through Kruger.

socrazy

It's just you, and your ability to paddle and surf - catching & riding waves is all on you, period ~ ~ ~ MitchellC
Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2974637
06/30/19 01:23 AM
06/30/19 01:23 AM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

We had an au pair from Johannesburg for a couple of years

When she first arrived with us, she couldn’t believe we would go outside at night

She managed to meet a guy here and is now married and living here

Her brother is still back there and is in the private security business which seems to be a pretty high demand business

Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: PPK96754] #2974659
06/30/19 03:06 AM
06/30/19 03:06 AM
Swarm Diego
S
SlicedFeet Offline
Miki Dora status
SlicedFeet  Offline
Miki Dora status
S

Swarm Diego
Originally Posted by PPK96754
My wife is off to South Africa tonight with her sister, brother inlaw and meeting her niece in New York tomorrow night then off to Kruger National Park. Her niece use to take care of adopted chimps and elephants in Africa. Four weeks through Kruger.

socrazy

The hotel will take care of your wife in Jberg, they most likely won’t let her go out at night. Plus have secure transportation for the group.

Kruger is a world treasure/destination and she will be perfectly safe there. Plus, your niece knows what time it is, local knowledge.

No worries beef curry.

"God, please protect me from your followers"
Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: SlicedFeet] #2974667
06/30/19 03:28 AM
06/30/19 03:28 AM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline OP
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline OP
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted by SlicedFeet
Yeah, going back in a few weeks.

So here’s a must place to hit for dinner when you go back. Blacksheep Restaurant on Kloop St. in Cape Town. It’s in the Gardens District. Go straight to the bar and have dinner there with local wine. Order the Kingfish if they still have it or what ever fish they recommend. I still think about that evening and how much fun and good it was.

Then hit the German butcher shop just up the street to bring back home some OG Biltong. I’ll cook you and your’s a bbq dinner if you bust some of that stuff out for apps. He doesn't speak much English but has the goods.

So What’s up with South Africa?

Physically it’s the most unique and beautiful country I’ve ever seen. Absolutley gorgeous.

If you get freaked out about going to Mexico, don’t even think about going to South Africa.

The local Dutch/English who have been there for generations are Hardened. You can see it in there faces and demeanor. They see/know/feel the potential but their hopes and dreams have been sliced by millions of little cuts over the years and generations. Everyone works hard but their currency is shit on the world stage. It’s a sinkhole they can never leave.

Then throw in the open border to the north, which of all of Africa seems to be descending upon The amount of uneducated/unskilled people filtering down is too much for the infrastructure and government to bear.

When you have people ask to watch your car while you shop hopping that you may give them enough money so they can eat that day is the situation.

Let’s just say that every American should wake each morning and give praise to how well the Jesuits performed their duties in Latin and South America back in the day. Faith is very powerful and righteous.

After hearing the first round of Democrats debate on how bad it is in America right now, All I could think is how wack and out of touch a majority of Americans are right now. We have water pruned hands.

This time heading to Durban first, will eventually get to Cape Town somehow by the end of the trip so I'll be keeping the food recs in mind...

Sadly, it seems no young person has a single positive thing to stay about state of the country or the future. Considering their future is Zimbabwe I can't say I blame them.

"The lifetime risk of dying in a mass shooting is around 1 in 110,154 — about the same chance of dying from a dog attack or legal execution."
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-are-we-afraid-of-mass-shootings
Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2974672
06/30/19 03:48 AM
06/30/19 03:48 AM
D
drunjk Offline
Nep status
drunjk  Offline
Nep status
D

Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2974814
06/30/19 04:32 PM
06/30/19 04:32 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA

Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2974837
06/30/19 05:20 PM
06/30/19 05:20 PM
_
_____ Offline
Miki Dora status
_____  Offline
Miki Dora status
_

When 911 happened my next door office neighbors closed shop on their successful architecture business and moved back to SA with their kid because they didn't feel safe in USA.

Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: _____] #2974841
06/30/19 05:32 PM
06/30/19 05:32 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA
When 911 happened my next door office neighbors closed shop on their successful architecture business and moved back to SA with their kid because they didn't feel safe in USA.

That was a dipshit move

Re: Surfer shot, kidnapped, burned alive post session...and the surf media says nothing. [Re: ifallalot] #2974993
07/01/19 04:16 AM
07/01/19 04:16 AM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline OP
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline OP
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted by ifallalot

That was a dipshit move

That's an understatement.

"The lifetime risk of dying in a mass shooting is around 1 in 110,154 — about the same chance of dying from a dog attack or legal execution."
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-are-we-afraid-of-mass-shootings
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32