REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: STAB magazine sucks. [Re: Kento] #2973669
06/27/19 05:58 PM
06/27/19 05:58 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
S
surfshot Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
surfshot  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
*
S

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
Originally Posted by Kento

Can you take them to collections or similar? . . .

Thanks for your support. If they were in the US it would be mail fraud - federal offense - and under the jurisdiction of the FBI. It would be a tough sell to try to get law enforcement in Australia motivated to pursue these petty cases. Sadly, magazines like Stab and Surfin' Life Japan have decided to steal a little from as many people as possible without consequences.

Re: STAB magazine sucks. [Re: surfshot] #2973671
06/27/19 06:03 PM
06/27/19 06:03 PM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,355
Oceansuck
J
jkb Offline
Phil Edwards status
jkb  Offline
Phil Edwards status
***
J

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,355
Oceansuck
Originally Posted by surfshot
Originally Posted by Kento

Can you take them to collections or similar? . . .

Thanks for your support. If they were in the US it would be mail fraud - federal offense - and under the jurisdiction of the FBI. It would be a tough sell to try to get law enforcement in Australia motivated to pursue these petty cases. Sadly, magazines like Stab and Surfin' Life Japan have decided to steal a little from as many people as possible without consequences.


Did you give them a your PayPal info so they could send the money?

That's not clear in the conversation you posted.


Legal Disclaimer: jkb's posts are written by his Posting Agent, whose views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of jkb.
Re: STAB magazine sucks. [Re: jkb] #2973678
06/27/19 06:15 PM
06/27/19 06:15 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
S
surfshot Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
surfshot  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
*
S

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
.
Quote
Did you give them a your PayPal info so they could send the money?

That's not clear in the conversation you posted.

When they first asked for PayPal I didn't have a PayPal account. After I got a PayPal account, I billed them twice and they didn't respond at all. When they said "I can pay you via TT?" I said great, lets do that and they never followed through. I've bought a waterhousing from Bali and Shimano fishing reels from Indonesia and it's not hard at all to make payments internationally if you want to pay.

Last edited by surfshot; 06/27/19 06:16 PM.
Re: STAB magazine sucks. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2973680
06/27/19 06:16 PM
06/27/19 06:16 PM
Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,780
down the hill and to the right
N
npsp Offline
Michael Peterson status
npsp  Offline
Michael Peterson status
***
N

Joined: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,780
down the hill and to the right
Originally Posted by casa_mugrienta
That's pathetic of them.

surf-shot that pic of Ryland Ruebens on your site is sick.

He seems like a good kid.


Ryland is a good kid and rips. He is the opposite of the majority of sponsored, home schooled contest groms. He went to regular school, got good grades and still surfed well enough to become the US Pro junior champ. Didn't hurt that his old man has a key. The Rueben's are a solid family.

Re: STAB magazine sucks. [Re: surfshot] #2973686
06/27/19 06:23 PM
06/27/19 06:23 PM
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,355
Oceansuck
J
jkb Offline
Phil Edwards status
jkb  Offline
Phil Edwards status
***
J

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,355
Oceansuck
Originally Posted by surfshot
.
Quote
Did you give them a your PayPal info so they could send the money?

That's not clear in the conversation you posted.

When they first asked for PayPal I didn't have a PayPal account. After I got a PayPal account, I billed them twice and they didn't respond at all. When they said "I can pay you via TT?" I said great, lets do that and they never followed through. I've bought a waterhousing from Bali and Shimano fishing reels from Indonesia and it's not hard at all to make payments internationally if you want to pay.



That sucks. Why won't Nike do anything for you?


Legal Disclaimer: jkb's posts are written by his Posting Agent, whose views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of jkb.
Re: STAB magazine sucks. [Re: npsp] #2973687
06/27/19 06:27 PM
06/27/19 06:27 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
S
surfshot Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
surfshot  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
*
S

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
Originally Posted by npsp
Originally Posted by casa_mugrienta
That's pathetic of them.

surf-shot that pic of Ryland Ruebens on your site is sick.

He seems like a good kid.


Ryland is a good kid and rips. He is the opposite of the majority of sponsored, home schooled contest groms. He went to regular school, got good grades and still surfed well enough to become the US Pro junior champ. Didn't hurt that his old man has a key. The Rueben's are a solid family.


Ryland and his dad would be out pre-dawn in the grey light at the spot that shall not be named. Ryland would be catching bomb after bomb and I'd be praying for the sun to clear the cliff before they went in.

[Linked Image]

Re: STAB magazine sucks. [Re: surfshot] #2973688
06/27/19 06:27 PM
06/27/19 06:27 PM
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,483
9
92122 Offline
Billy Hamilton status
92122  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
*
9

Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,483
Originally Posted by surfshot
Awesome man, thanks. I think what I've done with Kolohe is as far as I'll go on it, we usually just tend to stick to WT events.
These shots are nuts though, thanks for sending stuff through! Loving your work. I'll def keep you posted as to whether or not I run anything. Thanks,

> Hi Stab,
> I haven't been paid for photos that appeared in "Nike full frame"
> feature on Stab's site in May and June.
> Thanks,
> <Invoice Stab.txt><Invoice Stab 2.txt>
Do you have a PayPal account? I've sent cheques over the in the past and they always bounce. Or I can pay you via TT?
Let me know and I'll make the transfer.

>Hi Stab,
>I still haven’t been paid for photos that appeared in your “Nike
>full frame” feature in May and June 2011. The arithmetic must be
>pretty simple: I get forty bucks out of thousands of dollars that Stab
>gets from Nike. Nike has invested much in improving the public
>perception of their company and certainly doesn’t want to be
>associated with a ripping off honest, hard-working photographers. Thank
>you for your prompt attention to this issue.
>Thanks
So sorry you haven't been paid yet! There must have been some sort of mix-up. We'll make sure you're sorted out asap. Humblest apologies.

Apologies for this. I remember this! We can't send cheques as they can't be banked in the States.
We can either do direct transfer or Paypal. As the invoice is for $40 paypal would probably be better as bank transfers cost both parties $25 each.
Let me know what suits.
Thanks


Of course I never got paid. I copied this whole exchange and emailed it to an acquaintance who works at Nike and asked him to forward it to anyone at Nike . . . crickets . . . crickets . . . crickets


thats fuct rock


"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm"
Re: STAB magazine sucks. [Re: jkb] #2973689
06/27/19 06:30 PM
06/27/19 06:30 PM
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
S
surfshot Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
surfshot  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
*
S

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 217
Originally Posted by jkb

Why won't Nike do anything for you?


Best guess is they are not interested in such a small detail.

Re: STAB magazine sucks. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2973691
06/27/19 06:32 PM
06/27/19 06:32 PM
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 21,184
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline OP
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline OP
Duke status
**
C

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 21,184
Petak Island
assholes

Re: STAB magazine sucks. [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2973757
06/27/19 09:24 PM
06/27/19 09:24 PM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6,745
Honolulu, Hawaii
R
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
Racer1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
***
R

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6,745
Honolulu, Hawaii
That's some bullshit surfshot. It's $40 fcking dollars and they probably sold that ad space to Nike for thousands.

I would keep emailing them every week and sending Paypal requests. They selling live streaming to their Stab High event for $15 right now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32