REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Mick Fanning Stab in the Dark showing for free today [Re: grendel95] #2968240
06/14/19 06:40 PM
06/14/19 06:40 PM
W
Waterlogged05 Online content
Legend (inyourownmind)
Waterlogged05  Online Content
Legend (inyourownmind)
W

Taylor Knox would be good as well deforest.

gorkin would be great for marginal surf and he shapes now too. Someone said Shea Lopez too.

Jkb LOL

Rumour is that Slater has a full-size tattoo of himself over his entire body
Re: Mick Fanning Stab in the Dark showing for free today [Re: jkb] #2968245
06/14/19 06:47 PM
06/14/19 06:47 PM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted by jkb
Originally Posted by Sharkbiscuit
Shea Lopez, Damian Hobgood, Chris Gallagher, Ben Dunn (if he has his father's inclination for technical nerdery).

I would pay Stab money for the pleasure of not hearing Damian Hobgood speak.

According to Bill Johnson (shaper) Damian is very analytical and can get detailed about boards, whereas CJ is pretty much binary yes or no.

I personally don't want some mouth-breathing super-talented surfer. "Yeah this one is sick for airs, but that one is super suck and nutser for punting."

"Surf was shithouse the whole time, can't be effed to even 'ave a go." (camera shows wide open beach with chest-head high sections galore)

"Do da chair know we goin' look like some punkass bitches?" - Poot Carr
Re: Mick Fanning Stab in the Dark showing for free today [Re: grendel95] #2968267
06/14/19 07:50 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
It would be interesting if one of the boards came with its own fins

Placed differently and the rear adjustable .

Re: Mick Fanning Stab in the Dark showing for free today [Re: waxurDyl] #2968268
S. Redondo
C
ChaseTMP Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
ChaseTMP  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
C

S. Redondo
Originally Posted by waxurDyl
Originally Posted by jkb
Looks awesome waxy!

I tried to get mine changed to the thruster set-up, but it was already at glassing. I'm sure I'll still like the twin/quad set-up.

What fins are you running?

Thanks JKB! Got AM2 TechFlex on the toe and EA glass on the heel and center, felt great in shoulder high today. Possibly go with all AM2 if I need more fin when it gets bigger

You must be in a different South Bay than me. I have seen anything over belly high in over a week.

Re: Mick Fanning Stab in the Dark showing for free today [Re: grendel95] #2968337
06/14/19 11:17 PM
06/14/19 11:17 PM
NC
T
TECHNOBUTT Offline
Nep status
TECHNOBUTT  Offline
Nep status
T

NC
I like the idea of a no longer pro guy or better yet someone young who was really good but burned out of the contest scene early and has a regular life now. Those types always go for broke given another shot at glory. I really liked Micks approach to this. He let his surfing do the talking.

Re: Mick Fanning Stab in the Dark showing for free today [Re: ChaseTMP] #2968413
06/15/19 01:40 AM
06/15/19 01:40 AM
SoBay
W
waxurDyl Offline
Nep status
waxurDyl  Offline
Nep status
W

SoBay
Originally Posted by ChaseTMP
Originally Posted by waxurDyl
Originally Posted by jkb
Looks awesome waxy!

I tried to get mine changed to the thruster set-up, but it was already at glassing. I'm sure I'll still like the twin/quad set-up.

What fins are you running?

Thanks JKB! Got AM2 TechFlex on the toe and EA glass on the heel and center, felt great in shoulder high today. Possibly go with all AM2 if I need more fin when it gets bigger

You must be in a different South Bay than me. I have seen anything over belly high in over a week.

I drove south and scored....better than anything I’ve seen locally lately

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7