REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967126
06/12/19 09:58 PM
06/12/19 09:58 PM
Honolulu, Hawaii
R
Racer1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
Racer1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
R

Honolulu, Hawaii
In a soccer game in high school we played against a really good Japan team. After they went up 8-0 they said in their league that half the team switches team with other team. So five or ours switched jerseys with 5 of theirs and we continued to play. It was fun. Final score was 10-4.

Last edited by Racer1; 06/12/19 09:58 PM.
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: laidback] #2967130
06/12/19 10:05 PM
06/12/19 10:05 PM
Rbeach
R
rowjimmytour Offline
Miki Dora status
rowjimmytour  Offline
Miki Dora status
R

Rbeach
Originally Posted by laidback
Originally Posted by rowjimmytour
Futbol should only be played by females and is softest of team sports with doubles in tennis finishing.above in physical contact shrug

You spelled soccer wrong

Sorry fútbol foreheadslap add bowling and golf are more interesting sleeping

Last edited by rowjimmytour; 06/12/19 10:10 PM.

There's a time to shit and a time for God
The last shit I took was pretty fooking' odd!
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967142
06/12/19 10:21 PM
06/12/19 10:21 PM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Tom Curren status
hal9000  Offline
Tom Curren status
H

Urbana, Illinois
Originally Posted by casa_mugrienta
They're receiving scorn for beating Thailand so badly.

Shouldn't Thailand receive the scorn for sucking so very badly? And not just forfeiting the game like good sports?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/world-cu...but-when-is-enough-enough-095305111.html

In soccer it is a great feeling to completely smoke a team. To score goal after goal.

I'm not understanding how this is suddenly a bad thing.

Gotta score as many goals as possible to beat a possible future tie break.

Law of the jungle. Kill or be killed.

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967150
06/12/19 10:38 PM
06/12/19 10:38 PM
G
Goodfish Offline
Gerry Lopez status
Goodfish  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
G

It's funny to me that most Americans still don't get the beautiful game. Maybe part of the reason is that you've named it all wrong?

F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L = a game played with a ball and YOUR FEET!

Still...

Basketball looks like a game of ping-pong on legs to me. "You get to score! You get to score! You get to score! EVERYONE GETS TO SCORE!"

American football looks and plays like a traffic jam.

And baseball looks more boring than cricket.

The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea.
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967165
06/12/19 10:58 PM
06/12/19 10:58 PM
Oceansuck
J
jkb Offline
Phil Edwards status
jkb  Offline
Phil Edwards status
J

Oceansuck
SPORTS!

Legal Disclaimer: jkb's posts are written by his Posting Agent, whose views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of jkb.
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: Goodfish] #2967168
06/12/19 11:03 PM
06/12/19 11:03 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline OP
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline OP
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted by Goodfish
It's funny to me that most Americans still don't get the beautiful game. Maybe part of the reason is that you've named it all wrong?

Still...

Basketball looks like a game of ping-pong on legs to me. "You get to score! You get to score! You get to score! EVERYONE GETS TO SCORE!"

Agree.

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967177
06/12/19 11:14 PM
06/12/19 11:14 PM
Petak Island
C
Duke status
Duke status
C

Petak Island
I heard a report saying some of the US fans felt "uncomfortable" as Thailand was relentlessly pummeled.

lol...what pathetic times we live in.

Abby Wambach and their coach Jill Ellis said something to the effect of:

"If it were a men's match we wouldn't even be having this conversation."

That's the truth.

Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: Goodfish] #2967205
06/12/19 11:41 PM
06/12/19 11:41 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
I

HB, CA

Still...

Baseball and soccer are similar in the way that they look really boring if you don't know what's going on. When you know what's going on, you realize that every pass means something in soccer just like every pitch means something in baseball. The anticipation is what makes it amazing.

I totally agree on basketball, but while I can see where you're coming from with the football-traffic jam thing, I just don't know how anyone could think football is unexciting, especially when compared to soccer

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967288
06/13/19 02:18 AM
06/13/19 02:18 AM
000 Offline
Duke status
000  Offline
Duke status

its racist for whites to beat any other race

Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: Goodfish] #2967298
06/13/19 02:43 AM
06/13/19 02:43 AM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach

Still...

Yes, basketball is a fast-paced game kids can be expected to play and not get bored out of their minds. It also doesn't require wide-open green spaces and so is a perfect city game. I always thought, growing up, that only in America was soccer mostly a mass of idiots swarming around the ball in a blob with a couple sentient people who aren't complete potatoes playing something of a position and observing, to some extent, the offsides rule.

Boy was I wrong. I've seen enough pickup soccer in Latin America to know it's a f----n trainwreck as bad as any American soccer game, with all the ballhogging issues you can have in basketball.

Basketball is a much better pickup game. You can have a decent three on three half court game and run a legit game with five. Any soccer game with six to ten people is going to be GHEYEEEE

Football plays like a traffic jam if you play organized pad football and you're under 13, because it's the option and everyone except like two people is blocking or tackling and there's no passing or actual offensive scheme. Otherwise, it hasn't been a traffic jam for years now, especially at the pro level. It's much more passing-oriented.

Sandlot football, at least in Florida, isn't a traffic jam at all; it's essentially all passing unless you have some sort of pass rush rule.

Finally, men's soccer players are....generally turbo douches. The legit red carpet hair styling, the flopping, the woman pop star names. It's figure skating on grass basically.

"Do da chair know we goin' look like some punkass bitches?" - Poot Carr
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967308
06/13/19 03:12 AM
06/13/19 03:12 AM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
I heard a report saying some of the US fans felt "uncomfortable" as Thailand was relentlessly pummeled.

That's the truth.

Some of the former USWNT players were critical as well. Yeah they had to pour on the points and yeah the story got blown out of proportion, but it was still a little classless. The '92 basketball team was criticized also. I have to say I am THRILLED to see you citing Florida Gator Abby Wambach in support of Megan Rapinoe. Sport truly bridging divides!

If this were a men's match...I dunno how the unwritten rules of soccer work, but we'll see when they play Sweden.

Back to men's sports:

If this were a luckswing aka boreball game, and you watched your home run fly out a way the pitcher didn't like, or you flipped your bat and the pitcher didn't like it, you would get a 90+ mph pitch at your head. That's basically attempted Murder 1, and not even just by blackgirlssurf standards. Most players are getting the helmet turned or the shoulder up, but in the velocity era, the retaliatory heater ball will f--k you the f--k up.

You perform Ice Capades after scoring a goal in the NHL, start triple axeling across the ice Johnny Weir-like, and someone is going to get a tooth hat trick punching you in the goddamn face, straight the fook up. Not even to mention getting dumped/smashed face-first into the boards, the ref-not-looking cross checks, getting a stick across the tendons on your arm or leg...

Basketball, you stunt 101 too much, you better not get near a rebound or you're eating a bowl full of elbow macaroni. "Didn't see you bro. Super totally didn't see your face's snout and teeth. My bad breh. Want two shots?"

Football, anyone celebrates too much, next time they have to wait on, or jump for, a pass, they're getting smashed. Heaven forbid they play on special teams and they have to perform 10-v-11 open field blocking.

"Do da chair know we goin' look like some punkass bitches?" - Poot Carr
Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967317
06/13/19 03:43 AM
06/13/19 03:43 AM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Online mad
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
the janitor  Online Mad
T

north of the bridge

That's the truth.

Nope

I didn't see this match so can't directly comment. It's rough when you get a blowout going because you can't sub off many players so.. you have to seriously rein it in. Which they should have done. This would have been a monstrous statistical outlier on the men's side as well.

But

Go USWNT rockin

USA! USA! USA!
USA! USA! USA!
USA! USA! USA!

Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: the janitor] #2967327
06/13/19 04:03 AM
06/13/19 04:03 AM
Petak Island
C
Duke status
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted by the janitor

That's the truth.

Nope

I didn't see this match so can't directly comment. It's rough when you get a blowout going because you can't sub off many players so.. you have to seriously rein it in. Which they should have done. This would have been a monstrous statistical outlier on the men's side as well.

List of major blowouts in men's soccer.

Lots of celebrating from the players.

And the fans loved it.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/05/the-10-biggest-blowouts-in-international-soccer.html

Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2967340
06/13/19 04:41 AM
06/13/19 04:41 AM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Online mad
the janitor  Online Mad
T

north of the bridge

That's the truth.

Nope

And the fans loved it.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/05/the-10-biggest-blowouts-in-international-soccer.html

roflmao those are all either World Cup qualifiers or a Copa America game - during WWII

the qualifier stage is bloodsport compared to the actual Cup, but there were a few of those that likely involved copious payoffs

Re: The USA women's soccer team are such total bitches!!! [Re: the janitor] #2967396
06/13/19 12:25 PM
06/13/19 12:25 PM
Petak Island
C
Duke status
Duke status
C

Petak Island

That's the truth.

Nope

And the fans loved it.

roflmao those are all either World Cup qualifiers or a Copa America game - during WWII

the qualifier stage is bloodsport compared to the actual Cup, but there were a few of those that likely involved copious payoffs

Whatever the case , most of those were from the 1980s to the 2000s and the teams kept on celebrating.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32