REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Jon Stewart didn't forget. [Re: JEwing] #2966889
06/12/19 03:05 PM
06/12/19 03:05 PM
F
frvcvs Offline OP
Duke status
frvcvs  Offline OP
Duke status
F

Originally Posted by JEwing
Originally Posted by manbearpig
Originally Posted by frvcvs
offers them as a group $625 million to $712.5 million, depending on how many plaintiffs beyond the 95 percent required to approve it accept the proposal. Over all, lawyers in the case stand to receive 25 percent of the final settlement after expenses

This is the issue. $177 million in lawyer fees

Most of those 1st responders have the same or similar cancer that I have.

This is NOT a civil case fvckstick. This is about making a case to congress for funding to care for these people. They’re not looking for a settlement for lawyers to take a cut of. They’re looking for healtcare.

What? Crickets?

I doubt if JS gave a rats ass about those firemens little monthly compensation checks

Did you even watch the video or have any kind of knowledge of the situation? Is it that hard for you to believe that someone would genuinely give a shit about those firefighters that you have to contrive a totally opposite scenario?

Luckly, my mind isn’t completly brainwashed by the “media” yet.

Maybe it was the chemo? crazy2

"Milk tits rule!" - Bonzer5Fin

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

"I'm someone who has spent way more time in the black community than most white people." - Caca_Mugrienta

"Your credential as an ERbb conservative is officially blown." - Squidley

"while it has over 8,000 nerve endings, a clitoris is nowhere near as sensitive as a MAGA snowflake " - StuAzole
Re: Jon Stewart didn't forget. [Re: JEwing] #2966901
06/12/19 03:15 PM
06/12/19 03:15 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

Then along comes JS....

John Stewart has been going to bat for 9/11 first responders since pretty much day one.

he didn't get paid for a cameo at a congressional hearing.

you can cast aspersions on the lawyers all day long and you won't get any pushback,
but to paint John Stewart as some sort of opportunist ignores the facts outright.

if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Re: Jon Stewart didn't forget. [Re: afoaf] #2966919
06/12/19 03:45 PM
06/12/19 03:45 PM
California USA
J
JEwing Offline
Tom Curren status
JEwing  Offline
Tom Curren status
J

California USA
Originally Posted by afoaf
Then along comes JS....

John Stewart has been going to bat for 9/11 first responders since pretty much day one.

you can cast aspersions on the lawyers all day long and you won't get any pushback,
but to paint John Stewart as some sort of opportunist ignores the facts outright.

Yes I get that, he's been there for them. I guess the govt. was a softer target.

I was a little bit smarter and quicker than everyone else, so I've been able to live the way I've wanted to live - Mickey Dora
Re: Jon Stewart didn't forget. [Re: JEwing] #2966992
06/12/19 05:43 PM
06/12/19 05:43 PM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
No, the government was THE target. If there’s wrongdoing on the lawyers part then they’ll likely get dealt with, as it already sounds so. That has nothing to do with Stewart; he wasn’t there for the lawyers.

You’re attempting to conflate two separate issues and utterly failing.

Re: Jon Stewart didn't forget. [Re: JEwing] #2966995
06/12/19 05:46 PM
06/12/19 05:46 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

Then along comes JS....

Yes I get that, he's been there for them. I guess the govt. was a softer target.

are you inferring that he should be haranguing the lawyers (too)?

the government is the one that puts the money in the fund....the lawyers' cut
is secondary to the underlying issue that congress has not sufficiently provided
the funding extensions necessary to keep up with the claims.

. Congress passed the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act in 2010, nearly a decade after the attacks. When it was renewed in 2015, it was set to last for the following 90 years, but one portion of it, the Victim Compensation Fund, which pays for illnesses and deaths of first responders exposed to toxins at Ground Zero, was only renewed for another five years. Stewart appeared before Congress at the time to push for the fund's extension, and on Tuesday he testified to make it permanent. The fund is rapidly dwindling as the numbers of claims spike, and it appears likely to run out of money even before its December 2020 expiration date. As of February, the fund had paid out about $5 billion of its $7.3 billion budget—that's settled 21,000 claims, but there are still 19,000 more. So the remaining 20 percent of the fund will be divided up between 50 percent of the claimants.

https://www.gq.com/story/jon-stewart-congress-first-responders

if you haven't smoked DMT you have no credibility on any subject in surfing or outside of surfing...
Re: Jon Stewart didn't forget. [Re: afoaf] #2967013
06/12/19 06:05 PM
06/12/19 06:05 PM
California USA
J
JEwing Offline
Tom Curren status
JEwing  Offline
Tom Curren status
J

California USA
Then along comes JS....

are you inferring that he should be haranguing the lawyers (too)?

the government is the one that puts the money in the fund....the lawyers' cut
is secondary to the underlying issue that congress has not sufficiently provided
the funding extensions necessary to keep up with the claims.

. Congress passed the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act in 2010, nearly a decade after the attacks. When it was renewed in 2015, it was set to last for the following 90 years, but one portion of it, the Victim Compensation Fund, which pays for illnesses and deaths of first responders exposed to toxins at Ground Zero, was only renewed for another five years. Stewart appeared before Congress at the time to push for the fund's extension, and on Tuesday he testified to make it permanent. The fund is rapidly dwindling as the numbers of claims spike, and it appears likely to run out of money even before its December 2020 expiration date. As of February, the fund had paid out about $5 billion of its $7.3 billion budget—that's settled 21,000 claims, but there are still 19,000 more. So the remaining 20 percent of the fund will be divided up between 50 percent of the claimants.

https://www.gq.com/story/jon-stewart-congress-first-responders

No, and yes I think the Lawyers could have arranged to put JS and a group of their clients there. Fukus inferred it was a health plan issue when it was actually a legal settlement issue arising from a class action lawsuit.

I was a little bit smarter and quicker than everyone else, so I've been able to live the way I've wanted to live - Mickey Dora
Re: Jon Stewart didn't forget. [Re: Autoprax] #2967019
06/12/19 06:11 PM
06/12/19 06:11 PM
Lovetron
N
Norm' Offline
Duke status
Norm'  Offline
Duke status
N

Lovetron
Originally Posted by Autoprax
I used to say live and let live . . . .

You know you did, you know you did, you know you did.

"The Wright brothers decide to make themselves a flying machine. You fools! You idiots! Whats your problem? everyone shouted, That will never work because plywood weighs more than air! To which the Wright brothers responded, No, it doesnt. The Wright brothers were dreamers."
Re: Jon Stewart didn't forget. [Re: JEwing] #2967040
06/12/19 06:57 PM
06/12/19 06:57 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

Fukus inferred it was a health plan issue when it was actually a legal settlement issue arising from a class action lawsuit.

why are you trying to downplay it as a "legal settlement issue"?

he's asking congress to extend coverage as the balance in the fund is running low.

is there a different venue for this? did you want someone other than John Steward, someone who
the interested parties seem happy to have speaking on their behalf, to testify before congress?

what, specifically, are you so angry about?

Re: Jon Stewart didn't forget. [Re: afoaf] #2967046
06/12/19 07:11 PM
06/12/19 07:11 PM
California USA
J
JEwing Offline
Tom Curren status
JEwing  Offline
Tom Curren status
J

California USA

Are you infering that I have an angry thumb?

Re: Jon Stewart didn't forget. [Re: afoaf] #2967100
06/12/19 08:46 PM
06/12/19 08:46 PM
California USA
J
JEwing Offline
Tom Curren status
JEwing  Offline
Tom Curren status
J

California USA

Are you infering that I have an angry thumb?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32