REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Malibu Wall falling down. #2964851
06/07/19 11:59 PM
06/07/19 11:59 PM
Malibu, CA
H
Hdip Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
Hdip  Offline OP
Michael Peterson status
H

Malibu, CA

Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: Hdip] #2964862
06/08/19 12:24 AM
06/08/19 12:24 AM
T
The_El Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
The_El  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
T

Walls were made to be broken. Go chisel out your favorite tiles now! They'll be worth millions in rinse kit IPO soon...

Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: Hdip] #2964866
06/08/19 12:35 AM
06/08/19 12:35 AM
around san diego
S
sd_101 Offline
Michael Peterson status
sd_101  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

around san diego
How many times have the rebuilt the shack at windansea?

Malibu will figure this out. The panic with the rocks is pretty funny though.

Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: Hdip] #2964927
06/08/19 04:29 AM
06/08/19 04:29 AM
M
mayor1 Offline
Billy Hamilton status
mayor1  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
M

Never needed to happen. All a result of the lagoon destruction project and the outflow of the creek towards 1st point eroding the adamson house, the beach and now the wall. You can thank State Parks, heal the bay, SM bay restoration commission, Surfrider foundation and all the nit wits that supported this unnecessary waste of tax payer money. We told them this would happen. We told them that all they needed to do to improve the circulation in the lagoon was open up the breach point at 3rd point. It would not cost ten million dollars, it would not destroy a thriving ecosystem, no concrete would be needed, there would no flooding at 1st and no destruction of the Adamson house. Oh and we would get our great wave back at 3rd! But no, the great scientific eco org minds knew better. they got paid huge consultation fees ( Mark Gold Heal the Bay and now at UCLA, left Heal the Bay right after, huh!) and Malibu city council was impotent too. What did we know? We were just a bunch of surfers who grew up there with no science background. But we knew the lagoon and its seasonal meanderings like a family member. We played little league where cars park now. We rode dirt bikes and built forts in giant casper bean plants. I watched dear and horses float down during floods even a WW once. I saw a concrete block the size of a golf cart get shoved out to 2nd point during a giant flood in 1977 and that block formed the kitty bowl. So yeah , I knew the creek. and I knew this stupid project never should have happened. And now they need to correct the damage because its only going to get worse. Not by bringing rocks and boulders. But by opening the breach at 3rd like they should have done before. Otherwise it will be more of the same

Last edited by mayor1; 06/08/19 04:36 AM.
Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: mayor1] #2964932
06/08/19 04:42 AM
06/08/19 04:42 AM
CA
S
stu dog Online content
Duke status
stu dog  Online Content
Duke status
S

CA
Originally Posted by mayor1
Never needed to happen. All a result of the lagoon destruction project and the outflow of the creek towards 1st point eroding the adamson house, the beach and now the wall. You can thank State Parks, heal the bay, SM bay restoration commission, Surfrider foundation and all the nit wits that supported this unnecessary waste of tax payer money. We told them this would happen. We told them that all they needed to do to improve the circulation in the lagoon was open up the breach point at 3rd point. It would not cost ten million dollars, it would not destroy a thriving ecosystem, no concrete would be needed, there would no flooding at 1st and no destruction of the Adamson house. Oh and we would get our great wave back at 3rd! But no, the great scientific eco org minds knew better. they got paid huge consultation fees ( Mark Gold Heal the Bay and now at UCLA, left Heal the Bay right after, huh!) and Malibu city council was impotent too. What did we know? We were just a bunch of surfers who grew up there with no science background. But we knew the lagoon and its seasonal meanderings like a family member. We played little league where cars park now. We rode dirt bikes and built forts in giant casper bean plants. I watched dear and horses float down during floods even a WW once. I saw a concrete block the size of a golf cart get shoved out to 2nd point during a giant flood in 1977 and that block formed the kitty bowl. So yeah , I knew the creek. and I knew this stupid project never should have happened. And now they need to correct the damage because its only going to get worse. Not by bringing rocks and boulders. But by opening the breach at 3rd like they should have done before. Otherwise it will be more of the same

my thoughts exactly on it being a result of the lagoon "remodel". hadn't been there during the rains to see where the run off was coming out at. but longboarded there last month and was kind of shock at how there's no sand in the inside. all rocks walking out. It's really their own damn fault on this. compared to Leo after the runoff where now the looks to be a ton of sand that flowed out into the break and now two rocks are exposed at low tide which were always under water, even if barely. looks super sketch out there at low tide, but high tide might be all packed into one zone now.

Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: mayor1] #2965139
06/08/19 04:48 PM
06/08/19 04:48 PM
P
patrolman Online content
Miki Dora status
patrolman  Online Content
Miki Dora status
P

Where do we sign up for the shovel brigade? Seriously.

Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: Hdip] #2965143
06/08/19 04:54 PM
06/08/19 04:54 PM
P
patrolman Online content
Miki Dora status
Miki Dora status
P

Proper breach point-
[Linked Image]

Last edited by patrolman; 06/08/19 04:55 PM.
Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: mayor1] #2965148
06/08/19 05:03 PM
06/08/19 05:03 PM
Location Location
Y
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status
youcantbeserious  Offline
Michael Peterson status
Y

Location Location
So maddening.

I mean, what could old time locals possibly know? It's not like they have watched their surf spot beach every day for decades, right? Oh wait, they have?

I am not from Malibu and all you hear is people talk sh!t about the LA-ization of it, but it is a magical area and a vital piece of surf culture. This is sad. Keep up the good fight mayor1.

I've been banned from better websites than this one.
Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: patrolman] #2965149
06/08/19 05:04 PM
06/08/19 05:04 PM
Location Location
Y
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status
youcantbeserious  Offline
Michael Peterson status
Y

Location Location
Originally Posted by patrolman

Yes

I've been banned from better websites than this one.
Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: Hdip] #2965150
06/08/19 05:07 PM
06/08/19 05:07 PM
R
rts265 Online content
Miki Dora status
rts265  Online Content
Miki Dora status
R

Liberals rejoicing

Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: patrolman] #2965191
06/08/19 07:20 PM
06/08/19 07:20 PM
M
mayor1 Offline
Billy Hamilton status
mayor1  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
M

Originally Posted by patrolman

Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: Hdip] #2965192
06/08/19 07:23 PM
06/08/19 07:23 PM
M
mayor1 Offline
Billy Hamilton status
mayor1  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
M

No signs up. just appear. TIP: don't do it under a full moon, you can be easily spotted by the overzealous state park rangers. And wait until the lagoon looks full and ready to burst.

Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: Hdip] #2965209
06/08/19 08:58 PM
06/08/19 08:58 PM
P
patrolman Online content
Miki Dora status
Miki Dora status
P

Doesn't seem like rocket science. Isn't there someone with the proper credentials who could explain how easy the fix is? I'm thinking a day or two with a back hoe, a few storms and the sand would fill back in.

Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: mayor1] #2965273
06/09/19 02:45 AM
06/09/19 02:45 AM
_
_____ Offline
Miki Dora status
_____  Offline
Miki Dora status
_

Neat story about kitty bowl. I'd never heard about that and figured it was a natural feature of the bottom. I surfed the point lots as a little kid in the 80s and getting a single set wave alone on an overhead day in a session from third point through was kind of a big deal for a grom. Stoked I got to experience it before it became what it is now.

Re: Malibu Wall falling down. [Re: _____] #2965282
06/09/19 03:56 AM
06/09/19 03:56 AM
M
mayor1 Offline
Billy Hamilton status
mayor1  Offline
Billy Hamilton status
M

yeah for a short time you could actually stand on the thing. Later on it would shelf out over it and you could get legitimately barrelled and eventually it actually changed the shaped the of the point and the kitty bowl was formed. Remember taking off way outside 3rd and racing the wall and then it would bend and wedge into the kitty bowl and you'd either get a tube or hit the lip or slash the shit out of the bend and the race the rest the way towards first and occasionally make it all the way if it was big enough? First point may be fun now but it doesn't hold a candle to what was going down at 3rd and 2nd in the late 70's to early 90's before the state fucked things up by bottling up the breach point.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32