REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Biden ticket [Re: GromsDad] #2967430
06/13/19 01:10 PM
06/13/19 01:10 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,944
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,944
your mom
Originally Posted by GromsDad
Oh no. NPR is not partisan.......no not never.


They are 100% partisan to rational thought.


This is the same when you claim that YouTube is bias against the right while ignoring that there way more assholes on the right.


"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Biden ticket [Re: patrolman] #2967445
06/13/19 01:33 PM
06/13/19 01:33 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 14,444
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
**
B

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 14,444
If you can’t see the extreme bias of NPR there’s no hope for you

Re: Biden ticket [Re: BillyOcean] #2967447
06/13/19 01:37 PM
06/13/19 01:37 PM
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 648
I
i_shapes Offline
Nep status
i_shapes  Offline
Nep status
**
I

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 648
In most independent media evaluations I have seen NPR ranks slightly left. They are definitely biased in that direction, but they make an effort to obtain commentary/analysis from "the other side." Frankly, if you want to compare them to FOX or the new post Trump CNN, NPR is the best we have.

Re: Biden ticket [Re: BillyOcean] #2967448
06/13/19 01:44 PM
06/13/19 01:44 PM
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5,332
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
*
M

Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5,332
Originally Posted by BillyOcean
If you can’t see the extreme bias of NPR there’s no hope for you

Only when it comes to the human interest stuff. For actual news and substantive intelligent debate it is the best source. The problem is you are obsessed with meaning less social issues.

Re: Biden ticket [Re: i_shapes] #2967482
06/13/19 02:40 PM
06/13/19 02:40 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 14,444
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
**
B

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 14,444
Originally Posted by i_shapes
In most independent media evaluations I have seen NPR ranks slightly left. They are definitely biased in that direction, but they make an effort to obtain commentary/analysis from "the other side." Frankly, if you want to compare them to FOX or the new post Trump CNN, NPR is the best we have.


Here’s an example

Last night there was a piece on the PBS Newshour about asking about citizenship on the census

The “reporter” ran through a litany of reasons why asking about citizenship is being objected to

I figured this would be the end of the report, because that is what typically happens on PBS

But then I was surprised when Judy Woodruff actually asked the guy: “well a lot of republicans support this, so why is that?”

An actual reporter would have given a truthful response listing the reasons

This guy either didn’t understand the arguments in favor or chose to ignore them completely, and instead responded to the question by making a further argument of why the position was wrong

This is not reporting, it’s advocacy

It’s really quite amazing because the Supreme Court in all likelihood will rule the citizenship question to be constitutional and the PBS audience will really have no understanding why

Re: Biden ticket [Re: mundus] #2967483
06/13/19 02:42 PM
06/13/19 02:42 PM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 14,444
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
**
B

Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 14,444
Originally Posted by mundus
Originally Posted by BillyOcean
If you can’t see the extreme bias of NPR there’s no hope for you

Only when it comes to the human interest stuff. For actual news and substantive intelligent debate it is the best source. The problem is you are obsessed with meaning less social issues.


Actual conservatives won’t appear on NPR because they know they will never be treated fairly

its a total echo chamber just like fox

Re: Biden ticket [Re: BillyOcean] #2967488
06/13/19 02:50 PM
06/13/19 02:50 PM
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5,332
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
*
M

Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5,332
Originally Posted by BillyOcean
Originally Posted by mundus
Originally Posted by BillyOcean
If you can’t see the extreme bias of NPR there’s no hope for you

Only when it comes to the human interest stuff. For actual news and substantive intelligent debate it is the best source. The problem is you are obsessed with meaning less social issues.


Actual conservatives won’t appear on NPR because they know they will never be treated fairly

its a total echo chamber just like fox

Wah, It is not fair!!!

Re: Biden ticket [Re: BillyOcean] #2967497
06/13/19 02:59 PM
06/13/19 02:59 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,944
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,944
your mom
Originally Posted by BillyOcean
If you can’t see the extreme bias of NPR there’s no hope for you



Bias towards extreme truth and extreme reason, yes.

Thanks.


"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Biden ticket [Re: BillyOcean] #2967502
06/13/19 03:05 PM
06/13/19 03:05 PM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,944
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
**
F

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 33,944
your mom
Originally Posted by BillyOcean
Originally Posted by mundus
Originally Posted by BillyOcean
If you can’t see the extreme bias of NPR there’s no hope for you

Only when it comes to the human interest stuff. For actual news and substantive intelligent debate it is the best source. The problem is you are obsessed with meaning less social issues.


Actual conservatives won’t appear on NPR because they know they will never be treated fairly

its a total echo chamber just like fox


Like Fox?

roflmao

Load of bullshit.

Just this morning they had a Trumptard talking about what a splendid job Trump did with manufacturing a fake crisis with Mexico.

Fox has zero human interest or intellectual honesty. When did anybody learn anything from Fox news?

NPR is a national treasure and a single shiny beacon in the sea of for-profit news dhiarhea.

PS I just got my NPR lancer jersey, stocked!


"The real enemy are the (gun) manufactures of your toys and the NRA. They play on your fear to steal your money." - ifallalot / 2014
Re: Biden ticket [Re: patrolman] #2967518
06/13/19 03:24 PM
06/13/19 03:24 PM
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5,332
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
*
M

Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5,332
I will admit sometimes the SJW stuff on Npr gets a little much for me, but that's part of their audience. You know how I handle it, flip the station.

Re: Biden ticket [Re: patrolman] #2967649
06/13/19 06:24 PM
06/13/19 06:24 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7,129
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
**
G

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7,129
A Beach
Quote
Not financially feasible” does not equal “we can’t afford?” Shall I start a poll?


Um, did you miss the “EVEN IF” I placed before that statement? Fookin hell shameonyou That implies that the statement may or may not be true. Good lord foreheadslap


You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Biden ticket [Re: trevorbc] #2967651
06/13/19 06:28 PM
06/13/19 06:28 PM
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7,129
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
**
G

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7,129
A Beach
Originally Posted by trevorbc
Even claiming NPR is some partisan liberal source is conservative propaganda. Do you listen? The early morning is world news. The last time I listened they were reporting on the bombing in Sri Lanka. Then later in the day talking about breakthroughs in brain surgery. Then talking about micilia (sp?) how trees talk to each other under the ground. So unless science and world news are no partisan liberal topics then the reality is you have bought into the propaganda. Your posts are full of this type of black and white nonsense. I too am typing from a phone in a hotel room but I’ll continue to point it out for you when I have time.

NPR contains plenty of editorialized content in their longer format interview shows, much of which is biased. It’s subtle, but it’s there. I wouldn’t expect you to pick up on it though cookin


You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Biden ticket [Re: grapedrink] #2967693
06/13/19 07:14 PM
06/13/19 07:14 PM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,709
LA
B
bird. Offline
Phil Edwards status
bird.  Offline
Phil Edwards status
**
B

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,709
LA
Originally Posted by grapedrink
Originally Posted by trevorbc
Even claiming NPR is some partisan liberal source is conservative propaganda. Do you listen? The early morning is world news. The last time I listened they were reporting on the bombing in Sri Lanka. Then later in the day talking about breakthroughs in brain surgery. Then talking about micilia (sp?) how trees talk to each other under the ground. So unless science and world news are no partisan liberal topics then the reality is you have bought into the propaganda. Your posts are full of this type of black and white nonsense. I too am typing from a phone in a hotel room but I’ll continue to point it out for you when I have time.

NPR contains plenty of editorialized content in their longer format interview shows, much of which is biased. It’s subtle, but it’s there. I wouldn’t expect you to pick up on it though cookin


That's true, but they also present facts in as unbiased a way as any other media outlet out there for their straight news coverage. Seriously, is there another outlet that's better overall when it comes just to the news reporting part of things?

Re: Biden ticket [Re: bird.] #2967701
06/13/19 07:26 PM
06/13/19 07:26 PM
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,338
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
**
S

Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 7,338
Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted by bird.
That's true, but they also present facts in as unbiased a way as any other media outlet out there for their straight news coverage. Seriously, is there another outlet that's better overall when it comes just to the news reporting part of things?


Ye olde chart has AP, Reuters, and Bloomberg outranking NPR. I'd rather read their stuff than listen to NPR. Of course I'd rather listen to Rush Limbaugh than listen to NPR.


"Do da chair know we goin' look like some punkass bitches?" - Poot Carr
Re: Biden ticket [Re: Sharkbiscuit] #2967703
06/13/19 07:32 PM
06/13/19 07:32 PM
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5,332
M
mundus Offline
Miki Dora status
mundus  Offline
Miki Dora status
*
M

Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5,332
Originally Posted by Sharkbiscuit
Originally Posted by bird.
That's true, but they also present facts in as unbiased a way as any other media outlet out there for their straight news coverage. Seriously, is there another outlet that's better overall when it comes just to the news reporting part of things?


Ye olde chart has AP, Reuters, and Bloomberg outranking NPR. I'd rather read their stuff than listen to NPR. Of course I'd rather listen to Rush Limbaugh than listen to NPR.





Sarcasm? If not, it just proves dishonest partisanship(Limbaugh) doesn't bother you.

Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32