REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: Truth] #2958474
05/24/19 05:37 AM
05/24/19 05:37 AM
around san diego
S
sd_101 Offline
Michael Peterson status
sd_101  Offline
Michael Peterson status
S

around san diego
People from San Diego complaining about a homeless problem don’t know what a homeless problem is.

Sure, we had a poop problem, but not a homeless problem.

The scale is a whole different level in other cities.

Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: sd_101] #2958481
05/24/19 06:24 AM
05/24/19 06:24 AM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Online happy
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Online Happy
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Originally Posted by sd_101
People from San Diego complaining about a homeless problem don’t know what a homeless problem is.

Sure, we had a poop problem, but not a homeless problem.

The scale is a whole different level in other cities.

It's more noticeable in smaller beach communities, where people tend to congregate and run errands in a small handful of areas, along with the homeless. In places like Santa Cruz, the per capita could be higher shrug

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: Truth] #2958484
05/24/19 09:19 AM
05/24/19 09:19 AM
C
catman Offline
Grom
catman  Offline
Grom
C

For all of you who don't think that SD has a legit homeless problem, you are F'ing clueless! Try going downtown every day, all day.

I had a business on 4th avenue for 23 years, street level. I have spent more waking hours there than at my home. I have experienced the homeless knowing their place and being polite and respectable. Sleeping in the doorway of my business, and leaving before 7:30 a.m. Picking up their stuff and being cordial polite folk. I knew most in my block by name and they actually watched out for my business at night. Most mornings , I hardly knew if anyone had been there.

In the past 5 years there has been a full on shift of entitlement. Liberal laws have given them more rights than common working people. Try parking your car anywhere you want and see what your fine is after you pick it up from the impound lot. But it is ok for society to have stinky, hepatitis infected shopping carts full of rotting food, and bags of feces, all over the sidewalks that is literally illegal for the city to remove without 48 hours notice. The signs go up, the shopping carts are relocated for 50 hours. then the signs go down and the infested carts return and stay parked for the next three months.

Apparently, it is ok and humane for us to allow mentally ill, drug addicts pumping their veins full of heroin on the sidewalk in the middle of the day and passing out and shitting, and pissing all over the sidewalk while working people step over them on their way to lunch or a business meeting? Really, do you think that is a good lifestyle in the good ol" free united states? A humane way for us to allow/enable our fellow humans to live?

The new homeless attitude is like this... "Fuc# you! the streets are mine. I won't move from your private property until I want to. Tomorrow I shit on your front door!!... and everyday after for a week." I don't blame them. Our politicians have enabled them. These people need help, and the help starts with getting them off of the streets. But first it requires society to claim the problem for what it is instead of burying our heads in the sand.

In two short years, it became so bad I moved my business out of downtown at a considerable cost. Best move I ever made. I will never go back in that zone again.

Last edited by catman; 05/24/19 09:21 AM.
Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: Truth] #2958488
05/24/19 10:40 AM
05/24/19 10:40 AM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Online sick
Duke status
ifallalot  Online Sick
Duke status
I

HB, CA
[Linked Image]

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: ifallalot] #2958521
05/24/19 01:48 PM
05/24/19 01:48 PM
NE
E
el_calvo Offline
Michael Peterson status
el_calvo  Offline
Michael Peterson status
E

NE
Here's another opinion.

Dr Drew predicts plague

I'd like to try surfing but everyone knows there aren't any waves on the East Coast.
Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: obslop] #2958544
05/24/19 03:39 PM
05/24/19 03:39 PM
Beach
D
Drumsurf Offline
Gerry Lopez status
Drumsurf  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
D

Beach
Originally Posted by obslop

i say that Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Del Mar, and La Jolla need to step the fook up and take in their fair share of these lost souls.

LJ has Shawna. She will kick the ass of any OB vagrant who tries to move into the jewel.

Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: Drumsurf] #2958545
05/24/19 03:45 PM
05/24/19 03:45 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted by Drumsurf

i say that Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Del Mar, and La Jolla need to step the fook up and take in their fair share of these lost souls.

LJ has Shawna. She will kick the ass of any OB vagrant who tries to move into the jewel.

Wasn't Shawna another failure?

Not too long after they gave her the apartment I would see her screaming hanging on the corner, shouting to herself and mumbling. Sad.

Haven't seen her in some time.

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2958561
05/24/19 04:27 PM
T
Truth Offline OP
Miki Dora status
Truth  Offline OP
Miki Dora status
T

Originally Posted by casa_mugrienta
Originally Posted by Drumsurf

Wasn't Shawna another failure?

Not too long after they gave her the apartment I would see her screaming hanging on the corner, shouting to herself and mumbling. Sad.

Haven't seen her in some time.

Shawna has relocated to Palm Springs - some say the cops drove it out there - some say it went there on own

Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: Truth] #2958562
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
Tough situation. I’ve definitely noticed a difference and I’m just a visitor to CA. And no one seems to have any solutions, just finger pointing.

Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: Truth] #2958572
05/24/19 04:54 PM
05/24/19 04:54 PM
san diego, CA
O
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status
obslop  Offline
Phil Edwards status
O

san diego, CA
i'm going to take it on myself to learn more about homelessness as an issue and what makes sense, and doesn't, in terms of helping the homeless.

my current view is that while homelessness can be mitigated for some with social programs, drug treatment, mental health services, etc. that there will always be a core segment of the homeless population for which there is literally no solution other than "where do we put these people."

Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: Truth] #2958580
05/24/19 05:14 PM
05/24/19 05:14 PM
Gig Harbor
S
shiver_me_timbers Offline
Phil Edwards status
shiver_me_timbers  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Gig Harbor
I worked around 6th/Fir. Sometimes had to park in Balboa Park and walk to the office. One day, right on 6th Ave, I saw a black dude nekkid in a high squat holding/reading a newspaper dropping a turd right on the lawn in front of traffic. Stay classy San Diego!

"Not what we have but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance." - John Petit-Senn
Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: thrillkicker] #2958586
05/24/19 05:20 PM
05/24/19 05:20 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by thrillkicker

Just look at San Francisco, Nancy Pelosi’s city. One of every 11,600 residents is a billionaire, and the annual household income necessary to buy a median-priced home now tops $320,000. Yet the streets there are a plague of garbage and needles and feces....

As one of the City's many non-billionaires who doesn't even know more than 5 plain old millionaires, I find lots of truth to these articles showing the bad side of living here.

However, I found the City far more filthy and disgusting back in the 80s than I do today.

But maybe this is because I no longer live in a rental (with strangers who became friends) and every few days would have to pick up needles from our front steps.

Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: stu dog] #2958590
05/24/19 05:29 PM
05/24/19 05:29 PM
San Francisco, CA
M
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status
Mr Doof  Offline
Duke status
M

San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted by stu dog
those tech billionaires can't get their hands dirty helping their local homeless or people in need but are all for philanthropy as long as it's 1/2 way across the world in Africa.

Charity starts at home, or should, in my very humble opinion.

I mean, I get that the $ goes a lot farther when you can feed a kid for a 15 cents a day in Sub-Saharan Africa and it builds a lot of goodwill overseas, and wow, does it look good on a resume, but, well, yeah, I kinda prefer making the USA not a sh!thole first. I mean, if I really, really have to choose.

Heck, they have the money, act locally while thinking globally....multi-task some of the funds.

Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: Truth] #2958592
05/24/19 05:31 PM
05/24/19 05:31 PM
SJC
G
grendel95 Offline
Gerry Lopez status
grendel95  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
G

SJC
When they cleared out the Santa Ana river camps last year a poll was taken of the "residents" of the camps, 1 in 4 had a college degree and the large majority did not want "help" with their situation.

The most common answer to the question of why they didn't want help, "I prefer to live this way."

Vivat Grendel!
Instagram: @mighty_surf hat
Re: Finally Affordable San Diego Oceanfront Living [Re: obslop] #2958603
05/24/19 05:46 PM
05/24/19 05:46 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
i'm going to take it on myself to learn more about homelessness as an issue and what makes sense, and doesn't, in terms of helping the homeless.

my current view is that while homelessness can be mitigated for some with social programs, drug treatment, mental health services, etc. that there will always be a core segment of the homeless population for which there is literally no solution other than "where do we put these people."

We need publicly funded places where the mentally ill are institutionalized.

That is the bottom line.

5150 eval for any homeless person picked up on the street and take it form there. Nutjobs in rags standing on the corner screaming get taken in on a 5150 too, not ignored.

You're going to solve many of the problems with homelessness right there.

In addition, hire more staff to roust van dwellers. As the reporter from the Union Tribune found out, most van dwellers are van dwellers out of choice. Not down on their luck. Make life miserable for them, especially those with out of state plates who are arrived solely to take advantage of lack of enforcement. It's great to have ordinances, but when there's no one there to enforce the ordinances they're irrelevant.

Framing this as a cost of living issue is a bit ridiculous for the majority - people move elsewhere to meet their needs, and there are plenty of Arizona license plates on the RVs in my area - which, btw, has no vehicle abatement officer at this time, despite being an area full of van dwellers.

Behind every addict is an enabler. On the streets, the enablers are the people who give spare change to panhandlers. They enable the drugs, the booze, the mental illness, and the misery. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Unfortunately many of them have been allowed to drive policy and now cities across the country are paying the price.

Q: Secret aspiration?
A: Buy Pezman's mag and turn it into a piece of crap.
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32