REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: Autoprax] #2903619
01/25/19 01:46 PM
01/25/19 01:46 PM
B
BillyOcean Offline
Tom Curren status
BillyOcean  Offline
Tom Curren status
B

Originally Posted By: Autoprax
My favorite part of these exchanges is when someone changes his mind when someone else makes a valid point.

Wait . . . .

It will never stop until Black Jesus shows up and puts a foot up in our dusty asses

Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: BillyOcean] #2903628
01/25/19 02:05 PM
01/25/19 02:05 PM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Duke status
hal9000  Offline
Duke status
H

Urbana, Illinois
"I will be proud to shut down the government......and I won't blame you for it"

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: GromsDad] #2903639
01/25/19 02:17 PM
01/25/19 02:17 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline OP
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline OP
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Its also worth noting that in many places Sheriffs are in essence a political position and are even elected officials in some places.

It's not that way everywhere?

Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2903643
01/25/19 02:20 PM
01/25/19 02:20 PM
West of the Atlantic. East of...
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
Its also worth noting that in many places Sheriffs are in essence a political position and are even elected officials in some places.

It's not that way everywhere?

Whenever posting here you have to avoid absolutes like "Everywhere" because some nitpicker here will find that one instance where its not an appointed or elected position and try to use that to strut around like they just won the lottery.

What's the difference between conservatives and liberals?

Conservatives get angry when you lie to them. Liberals get angry when you tell
them the truth.
Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2903646
01/25/19 02:22 PM
01/25/19 02:22 PM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Duke status
hal9000  Offline
Duke status
H

Urbana, Illinois
Well this is obviously an emergency. Trump should take decisive action and be a hero.

Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: hal9000] #2903653
01/25/19 02:32 PM
01/25/19 02:32 PM
G
GromsDad Offline
Duke status
GromsDad  Offline
Duke status
G

Originally Posted By: hal9000
Well this is obviously an emergency. Trump should take decisive action and be a hero.

So you'll be OK if he declares an emergency to start building the wall?

What's the difference between conservatives and liberals?

Conservatives get angry when you lie to them. Liberals get angry when you tell
them the truth.
Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2903680
01/25/19 03:21 PM
01/25/19 03:21 PM
San Diego
D
DerDer Offline
Michael Peterson status
DerDer  Offline
Michael Peterson status
D

San Diego
Originally Posted By: grapedrink
Originally Posted By: grapedrink
Trump has made the wall an ultimatum. How is he not at least equally to blame confused2

Oh, he is.

He absolutely is.

But I think he's willing to compromise when the Democrats are serious about compromising.

Right now they're not serious about compromising. They want to keep the staring contest going as long as possible for political points. RESIST.

Funny how you left Trump out of the thread title, even though you agree he shares at least half the blame. But whatevs.

Either way I wouldnt call WALL OR SHUTDOWN to be a position willing to compromise. Trump is the equivalent of a toddler in line at the grocery store screaming for his Mom to buy him ice cream/candy/oreos and refusing to stop crying until he gets it. Blaming the Democrats is like blaming the Mom for not giving in because you are tired listening to the kid screaming.

Except Trump is an adult (physically at least) who also happens to be the POTUS so its even more pathetic and with far greater implications. It also sets the precedent that its acceptable for the POTUS to shut down the government when he doesnt get his way foreheadslap

The title of the thread was how Democrats could end the shutdown and get people their paychecks back, and why they won't do that.

It's a response to the bogus claims that the Democrats aren't enjoying the shutdown staring contest. Both sides know there a significant 2020 implications for whoever comes out a winner.

The CBP union apparently supports Trump's wall plan.

Therefore, a compromise would include, in some manner, a wall.

Both sides will have to yield some to what the other wants.

I find it interesting that the CBP union did not support a wall for the last 7 years, only in the last three weeks did they change their mind.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/motherboard...-taxpayer-money

Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: GromsDad] #2903683
01/25/19 03:32 PM
01/25/19 03:32 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

All the democrats care about is power. They don't care about national security and they sure as hell don't care about the people affected by the shutdown. They are nothing but pawns to the democrats.

#gromsdad #irony #GOP #gerrymandering #racism #wisconsin #northcarolina #georgia #texas

It’s like the GZA coming on after U-God
Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: GromsDad] #2903689
01/25/19 03:42 PM
01/25/19 03:42 PM
Urbana, Illinois
H
hal9000 Offline
Duke status
hal9000  Offline
Duke status
H

Urbana, Illinois

Yes, I will enjoy seeing him try to do this.

Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: GromsDad] #2903731
01/25/19 04:37 PM
01/25/19 04:37 PM
S
StuAzole Offline
Tom Curren status
StuAzole  Offline
Tom Curren status
S

On what land? He can't "national emergency" around the 20 years of eminent domain lawsuits that lie ahead.

Bock you
Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: StuAzole] #2903739
01/25/19 04:45 PM
01/25/19 04:45 PM
HB, CA
I
ifallalot Offline
Duke status
ifallalot  Offline
Duke status
I

HB, CA
Originally Posted By: StuAzole

On what land? He can't "national emergency" around the 20 years of eminent domain lawsuits that lie ahead.

If he declares a national emergency and the attendant theft that would come along with it then there would be grounds for impeachment.

My entire existence is a failed gotcha
Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2903755
01/25/19 05:05 PM
01/25/19 05:05 PM
A Beach
G
grapedrink Offline
Phil Edwards status
grapedrink  Offline
Phil Edwards status
G

A Beach
Quote:
The title of the thread was how Democrats could end the shutdown and get people their paychecks back, and why they won't do that.

It's a response to the bogus claims that the Democrats aren't enjoying the shutdown staring contest. Both sides know there a significant 2020 implications for whoever comes out a winner.

Sure, but Trump could just as easily back down on the wall, take one of the agreements put forward by the democrats (that included some wall funding) and have federal workers back to work. But he won't, because he is an egomaniac and he wants the monument for his massive ego.
Plus, I thought Mexico was going to pay for it confused2

You forgot it was STOLEN?!
Re: Why won't the Democrats end the shutdown? Don't they care about people not getting paid? [Re: ifallalot] #2903816
01/25/19 05:50 PM
01/25/19 05:50 PM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Originally Posted By: StuAzole

If he declares a national emergency and the attendant theft that would come along with it then there would be grounds for impeachment.

Diblasio used this tactic to reinstate school zone cameras.

Should 100% be grounds for impeachment.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32