REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: the janitor] #2902748
01/23/19 07:36 PM
Southern Tip, Norcal
H
heelnipstr Offline
Miki Dora status
heelnipstr  Offline
Miki Dora status
H

Southern Tip, Norcal
Originally Posted By: the janitor
Originally Posted By: heelnipstr
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
There's room for improvement everywhere in the chain.

The adults in the entourage could have used some common sense by not allowing the MAGA gear being worn while they're on a school outing. If they're going to fly their colors those colors should have been the school colors.

The kids should have been warned about not engaging with the protesters

The kids should have assumed the responsibility for their choice to engage, verbal or otherwise

You can't say "bomb" on an airplane and you can't do a 'school spirit chant" in from of a Native American protester. Life just isn't fair that way.

The old guy could have refrained from facing off with the kids, and then having engaged in the wound collecting behavior he could have refrained from lying about them surrounding him when it was him walking into them.

The kids are fine, except for the follow-on doxxing and whatever threats to them and their familes and school that might actually be occurring (as opposed to any exaggerated or false reports thereof).

People criticizing the kids politics or any actual shortcomings in their behavior are entirely within bounds. the kids don't get a pass because they're 15 instead of 18. If a kid wants to argue then arguing back with them is fine - just don't threaten them.

You can add the school administration. They are legally and ultimately responsible for what happens on a field trip.
Not to mention their responsibility for their school culture. There is a well documented history of that being extreme. Most Catholic schools do not have that type of right wing political environment.

Got any credible links about the extreme culture at this school?

Agreed on the school administration bearing some responsibility. Were there any adults that accompanied the kids on the trip and and if so, where were they when this little incident took place? Granted the whole thing only took a few minutes, but I'm wondering what the chaperones were up to during this tempest in a teapot.

It is someplace in this clusterfck or one of the related threads. There is a blog collection of anecdotes and news stories . A student convicted of rape being allowed to graduate w/ the class, the black face basketballers, a homo valedictorian not being allowed to do the val-speech.
Catholic administrations are in my experience always very hands on and very heavy handed in controlling all aspects of the school.

If you see a Buddha in the road, ask which gender pronouns they prefer and then kill them.
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: sizzld1] #2902749
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
Originally Posted By: sizzld1
Here's more video of your little perfect snowflakes Casa:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6lf9x5Ma5qI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did your high school chant "caramel" at the only black player on opposing teams?

roflmao roflmao so a lot of things that many here were so sure these kids didnt say, and worse, was said.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: StuAzole] #2902750
01/23/19 07:38 PM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Online content
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Online Content
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
I think we expect Catholic school kids from Kentucky to be wearing blackface at basketball games and to do the FSU chant thing at some loony Native American Marine who lies about deployments and ate way too many mushrooms and gets triggered by red hats. SPLC is pretty clear on what a scumbag fest the Black Hebrew Israelites are.

But death threats against some Catholic kids from Kentucky for smirking? That's probably the expression their teacher-uncle has when bending them over. IDGAF about the doxxing, but death threats based on that video, no matter how out of context the first one was? Major overreaction.

"Do da chair know we goin' look like some punkass bitches?" - Poot Carr
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: StuAzole] #2902751
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Watch the video. Are you really trying to excuse blackface? Painting your body is one thing, painting your face with giant lips is another. Apparently, the school agreed and banned it. Plus there are several accounts of actual black kids being actually harassed by these kids. foreheadslap

Btw, I don't think these kids are much worse than your average teens. They just happen to be insulated - from the accounts going around - from pretty much any kind of diversity (black, gay, etc.), thus it isn't surprising they act out in the ways they do.

Last edited by sizzld1; 01/23/19 07:41 PM.

"I love it when people who are supposed to be surfers.....posting on a surfing forum.....don't know the difference between stoke and stock." - GromsDad
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: sizzld1] #2902752
01/23/19 07:39 PM
01/23/19 07:39 PM
Oceanside,CA
S
Surfdog Offline
Duke status
Surfdog  Offline
Duke status
S

Oceanside,CA
IF TRUE news once again triggers the sosh medias for the 164th time and the MSM runs with it balls out in all their speculative glory. cussing

It's 1984 and we're trolling ourselves into a frothing frenzy of self loathing. shrug

Did anyone else here offer a BJ for a punch to the face of those Covington kids? rolleyes

Surf 'em if you got 'em
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: sizzld1] #2902754
01/23/19 07:40 PM
01/23/19 07:40 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6lf9x5Ma5qI" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did your high school chant "caramel" at the only black player on opposing teams?

I don't know. I didn't go to games.

Kids say stupid, ignorant stuff. All the time.

Walk down the halls of any high school and hear what you hear.

There was a ton of "racist" stuff that went on between latinos and blacks. That was about it.

I substitute taught in urban, primarily black high schools. A few of the students had no qualms with throwing skin color jibes at me in front the whole class. They were kids, and they say stupid shit. They were not representative of the entire school, or a school culture.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: heelnipstr] #2902755
01/23/19 07:41 PM
01/23/19 07:41 PM
north of the bridge
T
the janitor Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
the janitor  Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status
T

north of the bridge
Originally Posted By: heelnipstr

Catholic administrations are in my experience always very hands on and very heavy handed in controlling all aspects of the school.

I'd hope they are very hands on (not in that way Kento monkey ) not sure I agree with the heavy handed bit - at least that wasn't my experience.

I did hear one clip where the kids that is the poster child for this thing is being interviewed and the NBC gal says that a chaperone OK'd them doing school chants. Which seems like a horrible decision.

If true, I'm wondering why they aren't in the hot seat.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: sizzld1] #2902757
01/23/19 07:45 PM
01/23/19 07:45 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Watch the video. Are you really trying to excuse blackface? Painting your body is one thing, painting your face with giant lips is another. Apparently, the school agreed and banned it. Plus there are several accounts of actual black kids being actually harassed by these kids. foreheadslap

Btw, I don't think these kids are much worse than your average teens. They just happen to be insulated - from the accounts going around - from pretty much any kind of diversity (black, gay, etc.), thus it isn't surprising they act out in the ways they do.

One talking point I heard (dunno if its true) is that this vid is supposedly from a few years back and doesn't involve any of the kids in the more recent indident, and that these themes involve various colors, not just black. School colors apparently come into play sometimes, too.

At 1:30 into the vid above you can see the entire crowd is dressed in black and doing their cheer. Racist?

#sowhat
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: sizzld1] #2902762
01/23/19 07:56 PM
done
G
GWS Offline
Duke status
GWS  Offline
Duke status
G

done

The observation made in that, "Where are the adults?" is seriously valid.

If there was any adult supervision for those kids, it was incompetent. Looks more like absent. That whole thing could have gone really, really wrong. Violence was obviously a very real possibility. School administration should be held liable. The parents should be pissed that their kids were exposed to that risk for political purposes and either unsupervised or incompetently supervised. Of course it is probably the case that a lot of the parents are fine with the whole thing. Those kids are getting fvcked/used by the adults.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: GDaddy] #2902764
Here
S
sizzld1 Offline
Phil Edwards status
sizzld1  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Here
Originally Posted By: GDaddy

One talking point I heard (dunno if its true) is that this vid is supposedly from a few years back and doesn't involve any of the kids in the more recent indident, and that these themes involve various colors, not just black. School colors apparently come into play sometimes, too.

At 1:30 into the vid above you can see the entire crowd is dressed in black and doing their cheer. Racist?

I think you are right about the timing GDaddy. In my opinion, the past black-out incidents are evidence of an isolated and insensitive school culture. Also, if there were no accounts of actual racist behavior along with these "black-out" events, that would make an argument in the school's favor a lot more tenable.

And I hear you Casa. There are some distinguishing characteristics of the Covington incidents though. For instance, the blackface/blackout practice was apparently okayed by school officials. You have to be pretty stupid and insensitive not to realize a team with black player(s) might find that offensive coming from a school of white boys. I can tell you that would have never flown with officials at my high school.

Now the school is busing teenagers to abortion protests with MAGA hats on. Again, not hard to anticipate some issues arising.

Edit: With all that said, none of it excuses attacking these kids, threatening them, doxxing them, etc. Ultimately they are children and even if you credit the worst account of their actions, they weren't that terrible in context anyway.

Last edited by sizzld1; 01/23/19 07:59 PM.

"I love it when people who are supposed to be surfers.....posting on a surfing forum.....don't know the difference between stoke and stock." - GromsDad
"I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too." - Mitch Hedberg
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: StuAzole] #2902775
01/23/19 08:22 PM
01/23/19 08:22 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
I think

"you're an asshole"
"that's a stupid idea"
"pull your head out of your ass"
"you're a racist"
"fook you'

And such are perfectly acceptable comments to make to a 15-yr old who is attending a political event and protesting. Even if they're a girl. If a teenager wants to do adult things they can be treated accordingly. It's the doxxing and threats that I think should be limited to adults, if they're going to be permitted at all.

#sowhat
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2902811
01/23/19 09:20 PM
01/23/19 09:20 PM
cold
T
trevorbc Offline
Michael Peterson status
trevorbc  Offline
Michael Peterson status
T

cold
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta

There was a ton of "racist" stuff that went on between latinos and blacks. That was about it.

I substitute taught in urban, primarily black high schools. A few of the students had no qualms with throwing skin color jibes at me in front the whole class. They were kids, and they say stupid shit. They were not representative of the entire school, or a school culture.

Why do you try so hard to defend bad/racists behavior? It smacks of team politics. That is black face in the picture plain and simple. What dog do you have in the race that you feel they need your defense?

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: trevorbc] #2902812
01/23/19 09:25 PM
01/23/19 09:25 PM
Carlsbad
G
GDaddy Offline
Duke status
GDaddy  Offline
Duke status
G

Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: trevorbc

Why do you try so hard to defend bad/racists behavior? It smacks of team politics. That is black face in the picture plain and simple. What dog do you have in the race that you feel they need your defense?

Just out of curiosity, did you watch the vid from the 1:30-1:40 mark where it shows the black-painted kids participating with an entire crowd of black-clad fans doing their cheer thing?

If so, then can you tell me how you are able to discern that their intent on that day and in that space is strictly racist and is not at all sportsfan? Sportsfans all over the world paint themselves in the colors of their team or their flag or their club.

#sowhat
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: GDaddy] #2902815
01/23/19 09:37 PM
01/23/19 09:37 PM
cold
T
trevorbc Offline
Michael Peterson status
trevorbc  Offline
Michael Peterson status
T

cold
Show me one professional sports team where the fans paint their faces all black and throw white power symbols. And no coincidence that these are the same kids wearing MAGA hats? Apparently the school banned the practice. If it was just school spirit why was it banned? Again, why defend this? You guys are trying so hard to defend the absolute dregs of your team.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: trevorbc] #2902816
01/23/19 09:40 PM
01/23/19 09:40 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: trevorbc

Team politics? You reek of desperation. First you compared them to Hitler Youth. WTF lol?

Now you're assuming - and it's a pretty big assumption - that these high school kids had racist intention painting their ENTIRE BODIES black.

crazy2

I'm going to go through this again.

It's a blackout event. Not an attempt at comedy. Something where everyone gets as black as possible. Like a whiteout event. They painted THEIR ENTIRE BODIES black. They spraypainted black stripes through blonde hair. So far ONE image of a kid who put white paint over his eyes and mouth, in the image above, while painting his ENTIRE BODY black.

Blackface:

Blackout event:

Whiteout event:

Page 12 of 21 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 20 21

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32