REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: GWS] #2902655
01/23/19 05:13 PM
01/23/19 05:13 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Online content
Duke status
Autoprax  Online Content
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
Originally Posted By: GWS

I wonder why he didn't go over and get in the face of "Black Israelites?" I

That is a neural response.

Those dude look like they could do some physical damage.

It's the same reason why women's rights people don't go to the middle east to protest.

Those guys are mean.

The NS wants safety.

incompetence is preferable to malice.
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2902657
01/23/19 05:15 PM
01/23/19 05:15 PM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta

Oh come the fvck on... foreheadslap

Do you always not know what you're talking about?

Or is that just here on the erBBs?

I guess I just dont care about this issue as much as you do as I missed the interview that Duffy posted.

On the flip side these questions regarding his Vietnam service are in preliminary stages, ironic to see many jumping to immediate conclusions about this and other questions in regards to Phillips considering the train wreck the initial responses to this incident were.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: manbearpig] #2902663
01/23/19 05:28 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: manbearpig

I guess I just dont care about this issue as much as you do as I missed the interview that Duffy posted.

I've made 7 posts in this thread; you've made 14. shrug

But admittedly, as the apologism reaches shrill levels, I'm becoming more interested. smile

Quote:
On the flip side these questions regarding his Vietnam service are in preliminary stages, ironic to see many jumping to immediate conclusions about this and other questions in regards to Phillips considering the train wreck the initial responses to this incident were.

The man never went to Vietnam. There is no question about it.

You continue to make statements on the specifics of topics without knowing what you're talking about.

I keep pointing this out to you.

I'm trying to help you.

"The lifetime risk of dying in a mass shooting is around 1 in 110,154 — about the same chance of dying from a dog attack or legal execution."
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/why-are-we-afraid-of-mass-shootings
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: manbearpig] #2902664
Your mom�s house
D
Duffy Offline
Kelly Slater status
Duffy  Offline
Kelly Slater status
D

Your mom�s house

It has been confirmed that he never went to Vietnam.

WaPo even issued a correction stating as much.

�No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn�

- The Wasp
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: Autoprax] #2902666
01/23/19 05:30 PM
01/23/19 05:30 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: Autoprax
Originally Posted By: GWS

I wonder why he didn't go over and get in the face of "Black Israelites?" I

That is a neural response.

Those dude look like they could do some physical damage.

It's the same reason why women's rights people don't go to the middle east to protest.

Those guys are mean.

The NS wants safety.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/20...m=.c0b98f595bd6

"In an interview Saturday, Phillips, 64, said he felt threatened by the teens and that they swarmed around him as he and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave."

BTW, the article is worth a read...if it was any more slanted you'd have to turn it sideways.

"The lifetime risk of dying in a mass shooting is around 1 in 110,154 — about the same chance of dying from a dog attack or legal execution."
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: casa_mugrienta] #2902673
01/23/19 05:41 PM
01/23/19 05:41 PM
in the bathroom
M
manbearpig Offline
Tom Curren status
manbearpig  Offline
Tom Curren status
M

in the bathroom

But admittedly, as the apologism reaches shrill levels, I'm becoming more interested. smile

Quote:

You continue to make statements on the specifics of topics without knowing what you're talking about.

I'm trying to help you.

Ok. He didnt go to Vietnam then.

Many here are making unsubstantiated statements on his intentions as well. Why dont you give them a hand? shrug

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: manbearpig] #2902675
01/23/19 05:43 PM
01/23/19 05:43 PM
done
G
GWS Offline
Duke status
GWS  Offline
Duke status
G

done
Just pointing out the problems with basic math re his reported statements. Not jumping to conclusions doesn't mean censorship. And I suppose it's possible he got his own age wrong. (senility?) Or maybe he served in Grenada instead of Nam? Or maybe he enlisted at age 13 with a fake ID? That's what I did in the Civil War when Sherman and I marched to the sea. That's right. Don't jump to conclusions now.

What percentage of erBB political forum content do you think would have to be removed if we eliminated "jumping to conclusions" I wonder? 97-98%? Would the "pee tape" stay or go? I vote to keep it. Got to keep hope alive!

There's a line there somewhere...

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: afoaf] #2902680
01/23/19 05:49 PM
01/23/19 05:49 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

Originally Posted By: Nathan Phillips
It was getting ugly, and I was thinking: Ive got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial, Phillips recalled. I started going that way, and that guy in the hat stood in my way, and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldnt allow me to retreat.

I can't find anything where Nathan Phillips says the Covington Chads were full of hate.

the whole thing is a non-story.

what I find most interesting is people twisting the story if not outright making shit up
as a direct response to their displeasure about the news....twisting the story if not outright
making shit up.

It’s like the GZA coming on after U-God
Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: manbearpig] #2902682
01/23/19 05:52 PM
01/23/19 05:52 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island

Quote:

I'm trying to help you.

Ok. He didnt go to Vietnam then.

Many here are making unsubstantiated statements on his intentions as well. Why dont you give them a hand? shrug

So you're suddenly interested in posts making "unsubstantiated statements" on other's intentions?

It never seemed to bother you before.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: StuAzole] #2902684
01/23/19 05:57 PM
01/23/19 05:57 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Online content
Duke status
Autoprax  Online Content
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
"In hindsight I wish we could have walked away and avoided the whole thing, Sandmann said.

This.

Availability cascades on social media for a non event will be the death of us all.

Mark my words.

And I bid thee adieu!

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: afoaf] #2902687
01/23/19 05:59 PM
01/23/19 05:59 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Originally Posted By: afoaf
Originally Posted By: Nathan Phillips
It was getting ugly, and I was thinking: Ive got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial, Phillips recalled. I started going that way, and that guy in the hat stood in my way, and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldnt allow me to retreat.

I can't find anything where Nathan Phillips says the Covington Chads were full of hate.

They were looking for trouble and they're hateful:

Originally Posted By: NathanPhillips

"They were there looking for trouble, looking for something. Everybody knows the right to life and (pro-choice), its been like this and theyre hateful to each other. And its because Im a veteran Im a Vietnam veteran that these two groups even have the right in this country to have protests, to have conflicting opinions. If they were doing that, they shouldve done that there and then when they come into public, that wasnt the place for that. That was a public forum where we was at. We were still under the protection of our permit for the indigenous peoples rally. (Emphasis added.)"

BTW, what with the incel lingo? ("Chad")

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: StuAzole] #2902688
01/23/19 06:00 PM
01/23/19 06:00 PM
Vagina Point
A
Autoprax Online content
Duke status
Autoprax  Online Content
Duke status
A

Vagina Point
My girlfriend's step dad says he fought in Korea and he didn't.

That must be an old guy thing.

I should do that.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: StuAzole] #2902689
01/23/19 06:02 PM
01/23/19 06:02 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
More:

"It looked like these young men were going to attack these guys. They were going to hurt them. They were going to hurt them because they didnt like the color of their skin. They didnt like their religious views. They were just here in front of the Lincoln Lincoln is not my hero, but at the same time, there was this understanding that he brought the (Emancipation Proclamation) or freed the slaves, and here are American youth who are ready to, look like, lynch these guys. To be honest, they looked like they were going to lynch them. They were in this mob mentality. "

Nathan needs to get his story straight. He was trying to escape... but chose to walk into a "mob" that was about to perform a "lynching". Doesn't make too much sense.

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: StuAzole] #2902694
01/23/19 06:13 PM
01/23/19 06:13 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island
Here's a gem, where he describes (defends?) the actions of the Black Hebrew Israelites.

Remember, these were the bizarre guys yelling anti-gay shit at the kids and screaming at everyone passing by on the mall, calling black passerby Uncle Toms, and generally making a scene for at least and hour. As shown on the hourlong video. And Nathan was present, in the video, while the BHI dumped hate and vitriol.

"What Im saying is that when these folks came there, these other folks were saying their piece, and these others they got offended with it because they were both just expressing their own views. And if its racism, thats what it was because the folks that were having their moment there, they were saying things that I dont know if I agreed with them or not, but some of it was educational, and it was truth, and it was history about religious views and ideologies, but these other folks, the young students, they couldnt see it. They had one point of view, it seemed, and that was that their point of view was the only point of view that was worthwhile. And thats now what I was feeling."

Now if only they would play that video of the BHI along with Nathan's statement. I wonder why they don't do that?

I mean, if the MAGA kids were yelling hateful stuff at the BHI (they weren't) do you think the media would play it?

Re: Can someone explain to me how you support the [Re: StuAzole] #2902696
01/23/19 06:17 PM
01/23/19 06:17 PM
M
mundus Offline
Phil Edwards status
mundus  Offline
Phil Edwards status
M

I just wish people would just start ignoring this nonsense(both sides) nobody died, got beaten, or property damage done. There are actual important stuff going on to argue about, both sides in this suck!

Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32