REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: waxurDyl] #2877327
11/19/18 03:12 PM
11/19/18 03:12 PM
Norf Cackalacka
S
surfwhere Offline
Gerry Lopez status
surfwhere  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
S

Norf Cackalacka
I'd love to see Firewire's 2017 & 2018 detailed build accounting for each team rider to help Mr Price avoid any further accusations of vaugery on this forum. At least in the regards of how team boards are built. I do know as far down as local influencers, many are receiving custom boards without skins.

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: surfwhere] #2877329
11/19/18 03:21 PM
11/19/18 03:21 PM
SoBay
W
waxurDyl Online content OP
Nep status
waxurDyl  Online Content OP
Nep status
W

SoBay
Originally Posted By: surfwhere
I'd love to see Firewire's 2017 & 2018 detailed build accounting for each team rider to help Mr Price avoid any further accusations of vaugery on this forum.
Thatd be a great idea...but personally Id have a hard time believing it

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: waxurDyl] #2877384
11/19/18 06:23 PM
11/19/18 06:23 PM
California
D
deforest Offline
Nep status
deforest  Offline
Nep status
D

California
It looks like Stuey has been riding a lot of stock helium boards the past couple months... and I rarely see Timmy Reyes on any customs. Timmy almost always riding OTR boards. He took OTR Hydronauts and Omni's to puerto. Ezra has been riding some stock boards as well in Hawaii.

Instagram: @deforestcooper
Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: deforest] #2877436
11/19/18 07:24 PM
11/19/18 07:24 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
Peter has a message :

He now is focusing on Matt :

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: Greg Griffin] #2877440
11/19/18 07:29 PM
11/19/18 07:29 PM
Palm Coast , Florida
G
Greg Griffin Offline
Duke status
Greg Griffin  Offline
Duke status
G

Palm Coast , Florida
I haven't been following this , It was brought at the glass shop a few hours ago .

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: deforest] #2877472
11/19/18 08:27 PM
11/19/18 08:27 PM
Norf Cackalacka
S
surfwhere Offline
Gerry Lopez status
surfwhere  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
S

Norf Cackalacka
Originally Posted By: deforest
It looks like Stuey has been riding a lot of stock helium boards the past couple months... and I rarely see Timmy Reyes on any customs. Timmy almost always riding OTR boards. He took OTR Hydronauts and Omni's to puerto. Ezra has been riding some stock boards as well in Hawaii.

Imagine that, marketing at work at a multi-million dollar company. The audacity of Firewire to use lower tier pros that don't compete much to sell stock, unfathomable. Think it's possible they might have to ride stock boards at times in order to get paid? And stock dims often include team riders dims for such evil purposes as to sell boards. Or the pro adapts because they want a board now damn it and refuse to wait pacifier . So I'm surely not as surprised as you might be to see Timmy Reyes riding stock boards more than customs if in fact he does.

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: surfwhere] #2877492
11/19/18 08:56 PM
11/19/18 08:56 PM
I
indodreams Offline
Nep status
indodreams  Offline
Nep status
I

Imagine that, marketing at work at a multi-million dollar company. The audacity of Firewire to use lower tier pros that don't compete much to sell stock, unfathomable. Think it's possible they might have to ride stock boards at times in order to get paid? And stock dims often include team riders dims for such evil purposes as to sell boards. Or the pro adapts because they want a board now damn it and refuse to wait pacifier . So I'm surely not as surprised as you might be to see Timmy Reyes riding stock boards more than customs if in fact he does.

Do you also believe in chemtrails conspiracy theorys?

Your theory falls apart in the fact that it's something that isn't marketed or even talked about.

It's more likely the off rack boards are close too or what they want, or they may then take that board as a starting point and tweak it if needed.

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: surfwhere] #2877515
11/19/18 09:24 PM
11/19/18 09:24 PM
California
D
deforest Offline
Nep status
deforest  Offline
Nep status
D

California

Maybe you can define a "lower tier pro"? A pro is a pro. They may not compete on the CT or QS but all those guys mentioned are rippers for sure! Also, I doubt any pro, that is competing on tour, rides a board that everyday non-pro surfers would ride (i.e. OTR). Those guys are on a different level and require different boards.

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: indodreams] #2877545
11/19/18 10:03 PM
11/19/18 10:03 PM
Norf Cackalacka
S
surfwhere Offline
Gerry Lopez status
surfwhere  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
S

Norf Cackalacka
Originally Posted By: indodreams
[quote=surfwhere][quote=deforest]

Your theory falls apart in the fact that it's something that isn't marketed or even talked about.

Deforest says he is outside the industry and doesn't work for firewire so how would he be privy to that information?

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: Greg Griffin] #2877547
11/19/18 10:12 PM
11/19/18 10:12 PM
Tuna Town/Baja
G
grg Offline
Miki Dora status
grg  Offline
Miki Dora status
G

Tuna Town/Baja
Looks like he doesn't even know how to spell is own name

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: deforest] #2877554
11/19/18 10:28 PM
11/19/18 10:28 PM
Norf Cackalacka
S
surfwhere Offline
Gerry Lopez status
surfwhere  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
S

Norf Cackalacka
Maybe you can define a "lower tier pro"? A pro is a pro. They may not compete on the CT or QS but all those guys mentioned are rippers for sure! Also, I doubt any pro, that is competing on tour, rides a board that everyday non-pro surfers would ride (i.e. OTR). Those guys are on a different level and require different boards.

Not dogging Timmy Reyes just differentiating him from Michel Bourez. I'm just using lower tier as one that is not on the CT or a full time competitor or one of the top free surfers in the world. They will all be used for different marketing purposes. They will all have different contractual obligations. Social media is usually one of them.

There are plenty of non-pro surfers that ride exactly what pros ride via custom boards. Pro boards aren't anything that special except they've been tuned more exactly to the persons needs and to the waves they're riding. You could call Lost and say make me a board exactly like Mason Ho's and they can and will do that. It might not last long though depending on what he got that board glassed for. Something you can't do with Firewire unless said pro is riding one that is "OTR". Obviously Michel is not riding OTR. There is a chance that Timmy often does if the dims he likes are stock dims. Revealing that helps sell boards OTR. Nothing evil, just business.

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: surfwhere] #2877580
11/19/18 11:01 PM
11/19/18 11:01 PM
California
D
deforest Offline
Nep status
deforest  Offline
Nep status
D

California
[quote=surfwhere][quote=deforest]

Deforest says he is outside the industry and doesn't work for firewire so how would he be privy to that information?
instagram bro!

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: deforest] #2877591
11/19/18 11:33 PM
11/19/18 11:33 PM
Norf Cackalacka
S
surfwhere Offline
Gerry Lopez status
surfwhere  Offline
Gerry Lopez status
S

Norf Cackalacka
[/quote] instagram bro! [/quote]

A very useful tool to drive business. You might find this informative, I do.

Instagram Stats

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: waxurDyl] #2888440
12/17/18 08:47 PM
12/17/18 08:47 PM
I
indodreams Offline
Nep status
indodreams  Offline
Nep status
I

Kelly's got a quiver of them too.

Id say we will be seeing a FW/SD Tokoro model or two in 2019

Re: Tokoro Firewires?!?! [Re: indodreams] #2888477
12/17/18 09:45 PM
12/17/18 09:45 PM
San Diego, CA
O
Oeste858 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Oeste858  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
O

San Diego, CA
Kelly's got a quiver of them too.
Id say we will be seeing a FW/SD Tokoro model or two in 2019

I dunno. I really can't imagine FW sells that many step-ups/good wave boards. But having KS and Michel Bourez ride a couple of his boards and post pics on social media is great marketing for Tokoro. So I'm sure he was happy to shape them a few boards for Hawaiian season, but I bet it doesn't go beyond that.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4