So is the hyfi stronger than an lft construction? Does anyone know, bit over the extra cost and rubbish durability in epoxy, in some ways my pu have held up better
In what ways do you feel the durability is rubbish? Hyfi was really strong ding wise for me on my Blak Box - no idea about this Mbox don't have it yet.
Things I've noticed about these "high end" epoxy boards as I've owned quite a few now
1. They don't crack when compressed but they tend to compress way more under the front foot than a PU
2. You need to ride them small or else they feel chattery and boaty. Bought one at the high end of my volume range and it sucked in anything over waist high. If I go HP volume they feel better up to head high.
3. Thai versions tend to have really average finish and rails. No consistency.
4. The "spring" they give you is only a positive if the waves don't have proper push
5. Likes a stiffer fin
6. Way more annoying to fix than a PU and really shit if you ding while in the water