REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 91 of 92 1 2 89 90 91 92
Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: FecalFace] #2983570
07/18/19 01:35 PM
07/18/19 01:35 PM
3dXman Offline
Michael Peterson status
3dXman  Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted by FecalFace
Originally Posted by _____
^ gnarly! A couple months back I found a brand new (looks never ridden) full suspension carbon frame mountain bike in the middle of the road. It clearly fell off a car and just has scuffs on the grips and seat. I put out a craigslist ad and also called the company with the serial number and it wasn't registered. Looks like it has all premium components too. I "think" I've done my due diligence, and if I take it to the police it would go to auction. Do I keep or sell?

I lost a brand new bike the same way and I'm bummed about that who ever found it kept it.
I tracked my way back withing 15 minutes and somebody already scooped it.

I posted flyers in all local bike shops and Craigslist, never saw it again.

If it was me I would have left it where I found it, whoever lost it will notice and retrace their route within minutes.

If you don't have time to hang, lock the bike to the nearest post/fence and leave a note with your phone number.

I don't know how can people keep someone else's $$$$$$$ bike with clear conscience.

Probbably Teh guy Who found it kn ew it was Urs roflmao
Most BB ers would have returnedd it 2 U after they sawed it in 1/2

I would have stripped it of any Good prts
but mailed U back the seat& & slashed tires.,

I hope U ran out of gas
when U drove back 2!

e_z come, E-z go
d
Dumm ass!
ban

U Never kno when some Fat olD Carp will eAt teh whole choclate cak,get sik & quit surfing 4evr
Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: FecalFace] #2983571
07/18/19 01:45 PM
07/18/19 01:45 PM
_
_____ Offline
Miki Dora status
_____  Offline
Miki Dora status
_

I picked it up about 1/2 hour after seeing it. I'm guessing someone was heading southbound to who-knows-where when it fell and several miles away when they realized it. There are no fences or posts in that area where it could be seen from the highway. It seems to be a really well known brand, but the only pic I could find of the exact same bike was on a Russian website. My ad was on Craigslist for over a month (posted that day) and I contacted the company and gave them the serial #. My conscious is pretty clear.

Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: k00karacha] #2983574
07/18/19 01:50 PM
07/18/19 01:50 PM
Tower 13
S
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status
silentbutdeadly  Offline
Duke status
S

Tower 13
Based on how many people that would just see it and take it for themselves or a sale I think he did the right thing personally

"The size / dimensions don't matter. What does matter is that it's flammable. Because you should set it on fire and get a real surfboard" Witchipoo
Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: _____] #2983626
07/18/19 03:43 PM
07/18/19 03:43 PM
CA
R
rice Offline
Duke status
rice  Offline
Duke status
R

CA
My conscious is pretty clear.

It should be. You did good. It might be even better if you give the bike to me...? shrug

Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: CJSB] #2983736
07/18/19 05:22 PM
07/18/19 05:22 PM
A
afoaf Offline
Duke status
afoaf  Offline
Duke status
A

Originally Posted by CJSB
^ gnarly! A couple months back I found a brand new (looks never ridden) full suspension carbon frame mountain bike in the middle of the road. It clearly fell off a car and just has scuffs on the grips and seat. I put out a craigslist ad and also called the company with the serial number and it wasn't registered. Looks like it has all premium components too. I "think" I've done my due diligence, and if I take it to the police it would go to auction. Do I keep or sell?

PM me...I'll pay cash

I'll pay you more than CJSB....

It’s like the GZA coming on after U-God
Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: afoaf] #2983750
07/18/19 05:43 PM
07/18/19 05:43 PM
CA
R
rice Offline
Duke status
rice  Offline
Duke status
R

CA
Originally Posted by afoaf
Originally Posted by CJSB

PM me...I'll pay cash

I'll pay you more than CJSB....

I won't pay you anything, but think of your conscience!

I also probably wouldn't ride it, so..... shrug

Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: 3dXman] #2983760
07/18/19 06:14 PM
07/18/19 06:14 PM
The Bar
K
Kento Offline
Duke status
Kento  Offline
Duke status
K

The Bar
Originally Posted by 3dXman

I lost a brand new bike the same way and I'm bummed about that who ever found it kept it.

If it was me I would have left it where I found it, whoever lost it will notice and retrace their route within minutes.

If you don't have time to hang, lock the bike to the nearest post/fence and leave a note with your phone number.

I don't know how can people keep someone else's $$$$$$$ bike with clear conscience.

I hope U ran out of gas
when U drove back 2!

e_z come, E-z go
d
Dumm ass!
ban

Would it go something like this?

Nothing is obscene provided it is done in bad taste.

Russ Meyer
Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: ifallalot] #2983768
07/18/19 06:30 PM
07/18/19 06:30 PM
G
grundy Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
grundy  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
G

Originally Posted by ifallalot
[Linked Image]

dude... ran across this yesterday and sent to my vegan mtb buddy, along with a few from our crew.

IMMEDIATE vegan butthurt... could 't ask for more. Thanks!

Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: _____] #2983771
07/18/19 06:33 PM
07/18/19 06:33 PM
San Buena Ventura
S
SrPato Offline
Miki Dora status
SrPato  Offline
Miki Dora status
S

San Buena Ventura
I picked it up about 1/2 hour after seeing it. I'm guessing someone was heading southbound to who-knows-where when it fell and several miles away when they realized it. There are no fences or posts in that area where it could be seen from the highway. It seems to be a really well known brand, but the only pic I could find of the exact same bike was on a Russian website. My ad was on Craigslist for over a month (posted that day) and I contacted the company and gave them the serial #. My conscious is pretty clear.

I did the same thing with a surfboard. Found it at the top of the point sitting in the parking lot with another board. Put up a flyer at the kiosk same day and posted two Craigslist ads. One in Lost and Found and the other in For Sale. A month later and no response so I called the shaper and gave him the Serial number. He gave me the guys phone number and when I called it turned out to be surfing friend of mine. He was amazed that I went to all that trouble and just gave me the board. Stock!!! applause2

Sr Pato

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack
off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: 3dXman] #2983787
07/18/19 06:58 PM
07/18/19 06:58 PM
C
Clayster Offline
Miki Dora status
Clayster  Offline
Miki Dora status
C

Originally Posted by 3dXman

I hope U ran out of gas
when U drove back 2!

e_z come, E-z go
d
Dumm ass!
ban

Ha ha ha.

Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: grundy] #2984103
07/19/19 03:16 PM
07/19/19 03:16 PM
Orange Curtain CA
270degrees Offline
Grom
270degrees  Offline
Grom

Orange Curtain CA
Originally Posted by grundy
Originally Posted by ifallalot
[Linked Image]

dude... ran across this yesterday and sent to my vegan mtb buddy, along with a few from our crew.

IMMEDIATE vegan butthurt... could 't ask for more. Thanks!

Q: How can you tell if someone is vegan?

A: Don't have to- they'll tell you.

Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: silentbutdeadly] #2984232
07/19/19 05:43 PM
07/19/19 05:43 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by silentbutdeadly
Based on how many people that would just see it and take it for themselves or a sale I think he did the right thing personally

It's all good until it happens to you. bawling

Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: SrPato] #2984237
07/19/19 05:48 PM
07/19/19 05:48 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom
Originally Posted by SrPato

I did the same thing with a surfboard. Found it at the top of the point sitting in the parking lot with another board. Put up a flyer at the kiosk same day and posted two Craigslist ads. One in Lost and Found and the other in For Sale. A month later and no response so I called the shaper and gave him the Serial number. He gave me the guys phone number and when I called it turned out to be surfing friend of mine. He was amazed that I went to all that trouble and just gave me the board. Stock!!! applause2

See, that's how's done. cheers

I left a board in a parking lot once. bricks

3 years of Craigslsit ads later an erBBer pm'ed me and asked for advice on fins since he knew I had the same board.

Turns out that was my board.

He did a honorable thing and sold it back to me for $350 bawling

It was totes worth it is since the board is magic.

And Joe Bauguess passed away since. frown2

Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: _____] #2984241
07/19/19 05:54 PM
07/19/19 05:54 PM
your mom
F
FecalFace Online happy
Duke status
FecalFace  Online Happy
Duke status
F

your mom

I'd personally go to the local bike shop, or find a shop that distributes that brand and enquire and/or leave a found notice in the shop window.

Shop mechanics will often recognize the bikes they built.

Many also write name & number on fork steerers and such, for cases like this.

And then ride the shit out of it in the meantime. smile2

Re: Watch out! Cyclist coming through [Re: FecalFace] #2984301
07/19/19 06:49 PM
07/19/19 06:49 PM
3dXman Offline
Michael Peterson status
3dXman  Offline
Michael Peterson status

I HOpe ur Bikey shopmechanik sets U up 4 teh next time U go
on a FatMan bike Ride U get Carjacked../ roflmao

& they driv e U to Mexicco & when they get 2 K_54
they Give U cracks,, take ur wallet &ID,
then de-Pants U & U have 2 hitchhike back thru
Tijuana & then Have 2 pretend ur a US CItizen, not
some kind of 1/2 naked moles ter 2 get back IN/!
bricks

U Never kno when some Fat olD Carp will eAt teh whole choclate cak,get sik & quit surfing 4evr
Page 91 of 92 1 2 89 90 91 92

Moderated by  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32