REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
Re: List your worst boards ever [Re: Racer1] #2973206
06/26/19 07:29 PM
06/26/19 07:29 PM
Bahamas
A
aldo1 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
aldo1  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
A

Bahamas
Originally Posted by Racer1
Originally Posted by Havoc4k
bad boards set u back so far in surfing it is not worth it.

this.

I go through more boards than most people and some of my friends and locals make fun of me about it, but if I'm not feeling the board in the first few surfs, then I sell it. Yes, I take a loss, but surfing is my only hobby and the only thing I spend money on outside of necessities - so, if I'm not having fun and surfing my best when I actually have the time to surf, then I'm wasting my time. And I hate wasting my time.

Absolutely. cheers

Re: List your worst boards ever [Re: Racer1] #2973220
06/26/19 08:04 PM
06/26/19 08:04 PM
California/Hawaii
M
Muscles Offline
Nep status
Muscles  Offline
Nep status
M

California/Hawaii

this.

I go through more boards than most people and some of my friends and locals make fun of me about it, but if I'm not feeling the board in the first few surfs, then I sell it. Yes, I take a loss, but surfing is my only hobby and the only thing I spend money on outside of necessities - so, if I'm not having fun and surfing my best when I actually have the time to surf, then I'm wasting my time. And I hate wasting my time.

Same.

I've dumped some dogs for a big loss. Thankfully my last two customs have been great and I intend to ride them until they break. I remember my first custom that I saved up for. In high school days I had to ride cheap hand me downs or a bodyboard because that was all I could afford. My parents weren't going to drop money for a brand new board like I see with kids today. I scrimped and saved and dropped $600 for a XL quad fish. Board comes in and it's a 7'0" thruster fun board. Rode like a total dog. The rep told me the shaper thought this was a better fit. I stupidly took the board since I was 21 and didn't know what else to do. I hated that board and I dumped it after a month. Pretty much turned me off from ordering a custom for the next decade. I guess I can add that board to the list of crappy boards.

Last edited by Muscles; 06/26/19 08:05 PM.
Re: List your worst boards ever [Re: Racer1] #2974364
06/29/19 03:00 AM
06/29/19 03:00 AM
PNW
A
Aruka Offline
Miki Dora status
Aruka  Offline
Miki Dora status
A

PNW
Originally Posted by ChaseTMP
Originally Posted by Emmohl80
Originally Posted by ChaseTMP
The 5'8 Psychedelic Germ (2nd from left) in comparison, was fun from knee high to slightly overhead and did everything well that I'd expect in a HPSB.

I've always wanted to try a germ. A friend that I really respect as a surfer and gives honest feedback on boards said it's one of his all time favorites. He used to get them for free, but doesn't have the hook up anymore and like most super rippers only rides whats free.

The Germ was a fav. If i come across one again I'd pick it up.
The majority of boards I haven't connected with in recent years have all been eps/stringerless. Several different brands. The Germ was one of the exceptions. Current quiv is all pu/pe.

Yeah, I keep a lookout on CL for another Germ, such a fun board.

There’s some footage floating around of Dane Reynolds on one in Mexico back in 2011. Supposedly he said it was one of the best boards he’d ever ridden, but it was too different to have Britt knock it off.

Found this 6'2" Germ on the clearance rack at a shop up North for 4 hundo. Couldn't help myself. Even got a grovel session on it on the way home. Waves were dinky like knee-waist short interval but got a few sections that stood up and the board felt pretty good. Easy to throw up into the lip. Far from a real test but promising first impressions. More overall rocker than I was expecting which is why I went 6'2" over the 6'0" which they also had marked down.

[Linked Image]

Re: List your worst boards ever [Re: Aruka] #2975344
07/01/19 07:19 PM
07/01/19 07:19 PM
E
Emmohl80 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
Emmohl80  Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)
E

Originally Posted by Aruka
[/quote]

Found this 6'2" Germ on the clearance rack at a shop up North for 4 hundo. Couldn't help myself. Even got a grovel session on it on the way home. Waves were dinky like knee-waist short interval but got a few sections that stood up and the board felt pretty good. Easy to throw up into the lip. Far from a real test but promising first impressions. More overall rocker than I was expecting which is why I went 6'2" over the 6'0" which they also had marked down.

[Linked Image]

Nice. I had the 6' previously. Was always curious how a longer one would feel or if it would lose the magic. I'd def lean towards the 6' 2 now that i'm about 185 plus rubber. Should go good in some waves with a bit of push. Mine was a GSI version and still went good but not as durable as I had hoped.

Re: List your worst boards ever [Re: Emmohl80] #2975359
07/01/19 08:06 PM
07/01/19 08:06 PM
PNW
A
Aruka Offline
Miki Dora status
Aruka  Offline
Miki Dora status
A

PNW
Originally Posted by Emmohl80

Nice. I had the 6' previously. Was always curious how a longer one would feel or if it would lose the magic. I'd def lean towards the 6' 2 now that i'm about 185 plus rubber. Should go good in some waves with a bit of push. Mine was a GSI version and still went good but not as durable as I had hoped.

Yeah I'm about 180+ these days and 6'3" tall so I prefer a little longer over too short. Most stock dims kinda suck for me with anything around 6'2" or 6'3" being too wide and thick. This one is supposed to be 30.8L which is right in my sweet spot.

Waves on the way, hope to get it in something decent this week.

Re: List your worst boards ever [Re: Racer1] #2975372
07/01/19 08:39 PM
07/01/19 08:39 PM
Petak Island
C
casa_mugrienta Offline
Duke status
casa_mugrienta  Offline
Duke status
C

Petak Island

this.

Agree 100%

I'll bit on the topic.

Worst:

Proctor "Monsta" roundtail w/ Blackbird II concaves. Could set up and ride the barrel easy but DID NOT TURN.

Rusty "Mi Amigo" that was tweaked as a custom with pinchier rails than stock. Fcking awful. Would do this thing where it literally skipped like a stone through the bottom turn in good waves. I could go on about the other reasons it sucked but I'd rather just forget the thing.

On the flip side have had great boards from both of the above.

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11