REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Anyone riding the Lost Uber Plank? [Re: Retropete] #2953770
05/14/19 01:39 PM
05/14/19 01:39 PM
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
R
Retropete Offline OP
Miki Dora status
Retropete  Offline OP
Miki Dora status
R

Funny thing is when I came across the board ad on Gumtree I googled "Lost plank" to refresh my memory about the board and my original post was one of the few relevant search results...hence the zombie thread.

Caution: excessive Kool Aid consumption may lead to a bitter aftertaste!
Re: Anyone riding the Lost Uber Plank? [Re: Retropete] #2953781
05/14/19 01:57 PM
05/14/19 01:57 PM
R
retodd Offline
Duke status
retodd  Offline
Duke status
R

Good times

I remember the story and it was one of Ian Zamora's boards that mayhem tried

Wait till you have more surfs on it . Game changer

Re: Anyone riding the Lost Uber Plank? [Re: Sharkbiscuit] #2953966
05/14/19 06:33 PM
05/14/19 06:33 PM
R
Retropete Offline OP
Miki Dora status
Retropete  Offline OP
Miki Dora status
R

Originally Posted by Sharkbiscuit
Originally Posted by Retropete

Any info on the plank and Uber plank is long gone from the Lost website.

https://lostsurfboards.net/surfboards/uber-plank/

https://lostsurfboards.net/surfboards/plank/

As I'm in Australia when I click on those links or the Google search it automatically takes me to the Lost Australia website and the planks are gone. Even a search on the website draws a blank.

Re: Anyone riding the Lost Uber Plank? [Re: retodd] #2953985
05/14/19 06:52 PM
05/14/19 06:52 PM
R
Retropete Offline OP
Miki Dora status
Retropete  Offline OP
Miki Dora status
R

Originally Posted by retodd
Good times

I remember the story and it was one of Ian Zamora's boards that mayhem tried

Wait till you have more surfs on it . Game changer

Forecast looks good for waves this week as long as we get offshores. Reckon you are correct and it's going to be a keeper.

Re: Anyone riding the Lost Uber Plank? [Re: Retropete] #2954101
05/14/19 09:15 PM
05/14/19 09:15 PM
Jacksonville Beach
S
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Phil Edwards status
Sharkbiscuit  Offline
Phil Edwards status
S

Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted by Sharkbiscuit

Any info on the plank and Uber plank is long gone from the Lost website.

https://lostsurfboards.net/surfboards/uber-plank/

https://lostsurfboards.net/surfboards/plank/

As I'm in Australia when I click on those links or the Google search it automatically takes me to the Lost Australia website and the planks are gone. Even a search on the website draws a blank.

Originally Posted by Plank
When it’s really small and mushy you can forget the long board. Originally inspired after trying a friend’s “Mini Simmons” twin keel, retro board in knee high lumps. The board was fast and fun, but I couldn’t really lay into it. Motivated to do better, I hand shaped a “Green Foam” recycled fish blank and attacked the 6’0″ blank like a high school sculpture project…. keeping in mind the unique glide of that “Simmons”. The blank was pretty thin, so I left the deck flat. It’s really wide, so no concave. Looking for ridiculous glide, but demanding aggressive turning, I left it really straight rockered, but did a little flip out the back. I made it a strong bump, diamond tail. In place of the twin keels, wanting a more reliable feeling, I chose to make it a quad, and used a Future Fins solid glass fin we have been playing with as the template. That first “Plank” was about 6’0″ x 22″ x 2.5” full, and was the easiest board I have ever ridden in waves I would normally only bother with on a long board. The “Plank” catches anything and does full rail roundhouse cutbacks on 10″ high lumps of water. If you like the way it looks, and want a truly unique and extreme small wave tool to keep you off that log, then think about custom ordering one of these. I guarantee you won’t be let down.

Originally Posted by Uber Plank
Refined, more high performance version of “The Plank”. Never one to leave well enough alone and influenced by the feeling of burying a snowboard rail 90 degrees into soft powder, I went to work fine tuning The Plank into a small wave, on rail, carving Machine.

Same rocker and foil, but with updates in bottom curves and outline to increase performance. Wing “Squallow” (swallow set into a squash) tail adds bite and increases precision. Nose tip is pulled to reduce un-needed volume, swing weight and quicken up turns. Bottom now features single concave set into a rolled Vee through middle, increasing lift at low speedswhile still being easy to roll onto a rail for hard carves in the smallest of waves.

"Do da chair know we goin' look like some punkass bitches?" - Poot Carr
Re: Anyone riding the Lost Uber Plank? [Re: Retropete] #2954155
05/14/19 10:48 PM
05/14/19 10:48 PM
R
Retropete Offline OP
Miki Dora status
Retropete  Offline OP
Miki Dora status
R

Thanks Sharkbiscuit. Love your work, as we say in Australia.

Re: Anyone riding the Lost Uber Plank? [Re: Retropete] #2956168
05/18/19 05:47 AM
05/18/19 05:47 AM
GC, Australia
J
JaM71 Offline
Grom
JaM71  Offline
Grom
J

GC, Australia
Like to hear any ride reviews.
After seeing the Lost video clip of it being ridden by surfers of obvious ability like to hear what normal surfers have to say about it.

Give your bronzed Aussie Bondi mate Cheyne a call and the real McCoy with his spit fire thruster fins

Before you do that can you text me your number my phone shat itself and I ve lost everything!

Page 2 of 2 1 2