Surfer.com

Brexit - LOL

Posted By: FecalFace

Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 08:15 PM

roflmao

Neo-fash heads right now -> bomb
Posted By: StuAzole

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 08:19 PM

Trump was epic sitting next to the head of Ireland today. It's almost like he didn't realize Ireland doesn't want to leave the EU, lol.
Posted By: sozzle

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 08:20 PM

what happened ? i don't watch tv or listen to the radio or read newspapers. is it safe to step out of the house tomorrow?
Posted By: mundus

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 08:23 PM

It seems the Russian backed reactionaries didn't really think this Brexit thing through.
Posted By: stu dog

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 09:02 PM

Originally Posted By: sozzle
what happened ? i don't watch tv or listen to the radio or read newspapers. is it safe to step out of the house tomorrow?

sounds like they're having second thoughts about actually pulling out of the EU shrug
Posted By: GDaddy

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 09:33 PM

Besides the anti-Brexit politicians there are also a number of pro-brexit politicians who didn't support the deal Theresa May is "negotiating" because the terms sucked so hard. That deal is being perceived as being more similar to a surrender than a divorce.

Meaning, this outcome doesn't indicate to pro-brexit politicians changing their minds to remain. Nobody knows how this is going to turn out yet.

Meanwhile, the elections for EU Parliament are coming in May, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out. That outcome could conceivably affect the Brexit negotiations.
Posted By: BillyOcean

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 10:17 PM

They should’ve hired trump to do the negotiation

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 10:19 PM

They should have sent someone who wasn't opposed to Brexit in the first place.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 10:21 PM

Originally Posted By: BillyOcean
They should’ve hired trump to do the negotiation

they did

he sucked so bad, he quit

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: GDaddy

Yeah, Theresa doesn’t have much credibility. Hard to understand how she’s still hanging around
Posted By: manbearpig

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 10:32 PM

One could say the same about you billy o!

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 10:32 PM

cause those who campaigned for it pussied out when it came to actually doing it. At least Theresa worked thru a shitty job and produced something.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: manbearpig
One could say the same about you billy o!

Good thing I’m not the leader of a country!
Posted By: manbearpig

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/14/19 10:36 PM

cheers

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 05:57 AM

Besides the anti-Brexit politicians there are also a number of pro-brexit politicians who didn't support the deal Theresa May is "negotiating" because the terms sucked so hard. That deal is being perceived as being more similar to a surrender than a divorce.

Meaning, this outcome doesn't indicate to pro-brexit politicians changing their minds to remain. Nobody knows how this is going to turn out yet.

Meanwhile, the elections for EU Parliament are coming in May, so it'll be interesting to see how that turns out. That outcome could conceivably affect the Brexit negotiations.

Except Brexit was a shit deal to start with.

There's no good outcome for British people, whatever the deal is.

EU doesn't have to give UK any concessions, Britain needs the EU more the EU needs them.

You can do all the nagotiating you want, it will still be a shit deal for UK.

It's just further proof that Brexit was an emotional knee jerk feel good and not a pragmatic decision.

May - DONE

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 11:43 AM

Brexit will be good for some, not good for others

If elites want the peasants to be down with globalism, they need to share the benefits better
Posted By: ifallalot

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 12:30 PM

Originally Posted By: FecalFace
Britain needs the EU more the EU needs them.

roflmao

No one needs the EU

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: ifallalot

roflmao

No one needs the EU
Then why are they so afraid of leaving?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: mundus

roflmao

No one needs the EU

Ignorance of history, globalist propaganda, Fecalism, etc.
Posted By: Autoprax

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 02:39 PM

roflmao

No one needs the EU

How do you know this?

This is complicated with lots of unknown unknowns and unintended consequences.

I'm not saying you're are wrong.

I'm saying i don't know.
Posted By: Sharkbiscuit

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 02:50 PM

The people afraid of leaving voted remain and have sat on the sidelines saying "I told you so".

The Conservatives keep thinking they have leverage for some sort of great deal, the best deals, and Mexico is going to pay for it. So they keep voting down whatever Theresa May comes up with.

The EU is basically like, we can't wait to tell the Tories and rural voters to die in a coal mine, but we'll bro it out, and let you circle jerk for another month or two before telling the Tories and rural voters to die in a coal mine.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:02 PM

roflmao

No one needs the EU

Fücking clueless.

If UK doesn't need EU why is it that nobody in Britain, and I mean nobody, wants a no-deal/hard Brexit?

You are so caught up in your chauvinist hatred for any kind of cooperation between countries.

GLOBALISAMS

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:03 PM

It's worth noting, the default is no deal at all, and the EU appears to be about as concerned as the Honey Badger.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Sharkbiscuit
It's worth noting, the default is no deal at all, and the EU appears to be about as concerned as the Honey Badger.

Yup.

While Theresa May gets hammered in the parliament by remainers and leavers alike.

Ifail can't figure out why that is.

"No one needs EU" is like saying Texas doesn't need US.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:16 PM

Yup.

While Theresa May gets hammered in the parliament by remainers and leavers alike.

How much sympathy should I be feeling for Theresa May? I sort of feel like she is a convenient scapegoat for everyone, and is getting completely hammered like you say, and it's a thankless job and she has very little help/support, and people who either made more of this bed than she did, or just don't feel like trying because it's not easy or politically convenient are taking shots because it's easy.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:29 PM

As far as conservatives go, she's not half bad but that may be because UK conservatives are pretty mild in comparison to Republicans.

No one can make a Brexit deal because UK has no leverage in this negotiation, they're fvcked royaly.

Theresa May is just in a wrong place at the wrong time.

UK economy is circling the drain...

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:32 PM

The brexit people will externalize blame if things go to shit which it seems like is happening.

But maybe this will be great for england!

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:34 PM

roflmao

No one needs the EU

Pure projection, got anything else?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:35 PM

Yup.

The EU and the US are nothing alike

WHY RRR U SO BAD AT ANANLOGIEES

And she's getting hammered on both sides because she's being wishy washy and trying to make everyone happy rather than fulfilling the wishes of the majority that voted in the referendum.

The EU is undemocratic, everything that has been done in the UK since the referendum has been undemocratic

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:37 PM

Except Brexit was a shit deal to start with.

There's no good outcome for British people, whatever the deal is.

EU doesn't have to give UK any concessions, Britain needs the EU more the EU needs them.

You can do all the nagotiating you want, it will still be a shit deal for UK.

It's just further proof that Brexit was an emotional knee jerk feel good and not a pragmatic decision.

May - DONE

All that is for the UK to decide - obviously. At the moment and until they decide otherwise, their status is that they're scheduled to leave. But yeah, the Brexit supporters are apparently about as angry with Theresa May's efforts as imaginable, and only slightly less angry with their representatives in Parliament who are voting contrary to their preferences. And some of them are fully stoked on the prospect of the big F-U in the form of a hard Brexit.

And the EU Empire is facing other challenges to their governance of their nation states, too. The Rebellion has been scoring wins on the national scale in several of those nations, including Germany itself, at a rate much higher than the races the dominant parties have been winning. Parties that had no standing 5 years ago are growing in influence, and in the process are forcing some of the dominant parties to scale back their ambitions - which for these emerging parties is a win all by itself. These challenges aren't all coming from the political right in these nations, either.

And like I said, the EU parliamentary elections are coming in May, so depending on who's talking there are people who think that outcome could possibly change the math, too.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:38 PM

Yup.

WHY RRR U SO BAD AT ANANLOGIEES

You don't even know what analogy means.

UK economy depends on the EU just like Texas economy depends on the US.

Brexit is as stupid as Texas secession would be.

Try again.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:48 PM

If Brexit does go through and the citizens from the EU nations have to get visas in order to stay in the UK (and vice versa) that might lead to some interesting outcomes. There are supposedly almost 3x as many citizens of other EU nations living in the UK as there are UK citizens living in the other EU nations.

Different nations may end up with different criteria for deciding who can come and who can't, and for what purpose. Spain and Portugal may not be as averse to denying entry to UK retirees as the UK might be to admitting workers.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 03:55 PM

If Brexit does go through and the citizens from the EU nations have to get visas in order to stay in the UK (and vice versa) that might lead to some interesting outcomes. There are supposedly almost 3x as many citizens of other EU nations living in the UK as there are UK citizens living in the other EU nations.

Xenophobia is the largest driving force behind Brexit.

The Polish, who comprise the 3rd of the EU citizens living in the UK, being at the forefront of this hatred.

None of the people who voted the leave, thought about the disastrous effects of Brexit on economy or their own lives.

It was driven by hate and "make Britain great again".

UK right wing hates the Polish as much as US right wing hates the Mexicans.

And Brexit is as stupid as the Wall.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 04:14 PM

The Polish, who comprise the 3rd of the EU citizens living in the UK, being at the forefront of this hatred.

None of the people who voted the leave, thought about the disastrous effects of Brexit on economy or their own lives.

LOL

I take it the irony is lost on you of citing the Poles as part of your pro-EU argument.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 04:17 PM

Let me get this straight.

Right wingers in Britain hate Polish people. This is the same Poland following Hungary down the right wing nationalist path, literally "How to Spot a Jew" in newspapers out front of Legislature Poland?

Catholic, white, Western Slav, so pro-West they'd rather have 43 Latin letters including a C with a deformed retarded tail hanging off of it and calling DZI one letter rather than use cyrillic Poland?

The Poland that bled so the Muslims wouldn't burn Vienna to the ground and rape every Germanic woman for 1000 miles, Poland?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 04:28 PM

I mean, he thinks the EU and US are somewhat comparable

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 04:32 PM

It's like when the feminists rush to the defense of the cultures that really do systematically oppress women and minorities and unicorns in their pursuit of criticizing our society as the worst example of the Patriarchy on the planet.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 04:44 PM

I mean, he thinks the EU and US are somewhat comparable

I thought the Texas secession comment was useful in highlighting how little leverage the UK has. I'm open to arguments they actually have leverage, and I'm open to arguments regarding the Leave voting cohort's attitudes towards Poland.

I just don't know what the UK's leverage would be, and if the default is they get nothing, already, then what could they possibly offer? It's like the abortion thread. The OP suggested the Left gives up something already codified, almost completely, in return for something they basically already have.

It doesn't confirm my biases/assumptions regarding Poland, but I'm open to a "the white Slav Christians took our jobs" perhaps with some polling data backing this.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 04:59 PM

There are other nations in Europe that never joined the EU and they seem to have adequate trade deals going with the EU as well as the rest of the world. As well, the UK never did adopt the currency to begin with so there's no transition to be made there, either.

What would prevent the UK from having similar trade deals with the EU that the US or Canada or Switzerland or most of the rest of the nations all around the world have been having?

Besides, and has has been pointed out, the impetus for these developments has never been limited solely to the economic factors.

I have no idea what will happen, but there are plenty of examples of what can happen if both parties move forward in good faith.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 07:40 PM

Yup.

Theresa is no Moggfather

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUxQkfIFTFY/?hl=en
Posted By: Mr Doof

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 08:18 PM

Yup.

I suppose someone could argue that the 50 states are like the various countries that make up the EU and the Federal Govt of the USA is like the governing board of the EU....you know, the whole state rights bit combined with the interstate trade stuff of the Constitution.

But I am not one to really argue things from that angle....will leave that up to someone with a better handle on political discourse.
Posted By: StuAzole

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 08:37 PM

There are other nations in Europe that never joined the EU and they seem to have adequate trade deals going with the EU as well as the rest of the world. As well, the UK never did adopt the currency to begin with so there's no transition to be made there, either.

What would prevent the UK from having similar trade deals with the EU that the US or Canada or Switzerland or most of the rest of the nations all around the world have been having?

Besides, and has has been pointed out, the impetus for these developments has never been limited solely to the economic factors.

I have no idea what will happen, but there are plenty of examples of what can happen if both parties move forward in good faith.

It's always easy to speculate, but who do so when you can actually listen to what other nations are saying:

https://www.politico.eu/article/norwegian-pm-uk-cannot-cherry-pick-eu-membership/

"We do agree with the EU that you cannot be cherry-picking," Solberg said. "Norway is outside [the EU], but we are inside the single market ... We do accept that decisions on the four freedoms are done in Brussels."

"You can’t just opt out of one of the freedoms," she added.

Norway is not an EU member but receives access to most of the bloc’s internal market through membership of the EEA. That means goods, services and labor flow freely between Norway and the EU. In return, however, Norway has to adopt a large number of EU laws without having a formal say in how they are shaped.

Solberg warned just days before the Brexit referendum in 2016 that the U.K. would not be happy in a model such as Norway's."

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 09:16 PM

When you say "adequate", do you mean adequate for GDaddy, or do you mean adequate for the 180-something Tories who voted against May's latest deal?

I think the no-vote Tories define "subsidy" the way you did in the Amazon thread, where it would just be the 1.3 billion in direct cash transfer, and everyone else defines "subsidy" the way ifallalot did, where it's the 1.3 billion in direct cash, and the 1.7 in tax incentives.

The Norwegian Stu posted makes a good point. As far as good faith, I am sure there were a citizens people who voted Leave out of sovereignty concerns and were cognizant of the risk of economic disruption.

The actual Leave politicians have never once exhibited good faith in the entire process. It started based on lies and they bailed right after it happened when they saw they were going to own the entire f---up if they hung around.
Posted By: afoaf

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/15/19 10:03 PM

Quote:
Norway has to adopt a large number of EU laws without having a formal say in how they are shaped.

Norway is just a bunch of cucks

give me sovereignty or give me (economic) death!

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 01:02 AM

Yup.

Here's a definition for you, fucktard.

Quote:
A figurative analogy is a comparison about two things that are not alike but share only some common property.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 01:10 AM

LOL

I take it the irony is lost on you of citing the Poles as part of your pro-EU argument.

Yes it is. Tell me what the irony is.

I'll wait.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 01:12 AM

Oh wow, genius.

How come Theresa May and the entire UK economic brainpower never thought of that.

You don't understand the very basics of how EU functions.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 03:29 PM

Yup.

Quote:
A figurative analogy is a comparison about two things that are not alike but share only some common property.

Well, they don't share any common property so there's that.

That's what nothing alike means

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 03:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Mr Doof

Yup.

I suppose someone could argue that the 50 states are like the various countries that make up the EU and the Federal Govt of the USA is like the governing board of the EU....you know, the whole state rights bit combined with the interstate trade stuff of the Constitution.

But I am not one to really argue things from that angle....will leave that up to someone with a better handle on political discourse.

The 50 states, regardless of what intention the finders originally had, are not sovereign states.

The Civil War proved this.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 03:43 PM

Yup.

Quote:

Well, they don't share any common property so there's that.

That's what nothing alike means

Nice backpedal, analogy retard.

They are both states in the Union and they both depend on the union for their economic well being.

Do you need me to draw you a Venn diagram?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 03:49 PM

I guess you have no idea how US Federalism works, and you have a very false sense on how much the EU actually does

I thought you were supposed to have a basic civics test for your citizenship exam?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 04:23 PM

The key to metaphors is looking for what the two dissimilar things have in common.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 04:34 PM

I like Polish girls but Polish men are a hindrance except when they manufacture sausages

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 04:59 PM

I guess you have no idea how US Federalism works, and you have a very false sense on how much the EU actually does

I thought you were supposed to have a basic civics test for your citizenship exam?

It's not supposed to be alike dummy.

That's how analogies work.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 06:01 PM

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

Yes, but it is supposed to be analogous, something that the EU and US are not.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 06:30 PM

Regardless, Brexit itself is an issue that will be decided by the one side. The terms may be negotiable, but the UK doesn't need the EUs permission to tell them to GFY. That is, unless they set themselves up to be Germany's vassal state.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 06:35 PM

Regardless, Brexit itself is an issue that will be decided by the one side. The terms may be negotiable, but the UK doesn't need the EUs permission to tell them to GFY. That is, unless they set themselves up to be Germany's vassal state.

UK is not asking for "permission", they are begging EU for a deal that won't ruin their economy.

Such a simple concept based on facts that you can't wrap your emo-head around.

I'm still waiting for you to tell us what's ironic about Brexit nationalists hating Polish people.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 06:52 PM

Parliament just rejected the deal the EU would agree to. Twice. A lot of people are primarily attributing that outcome to May's performance, not to what they consider to be a weak position.

As for the irony of the Poles in the UK, the Polish gov't has a much more robust attitude toward immigration issues than even the UK. That's what's ironic about calling the Poles victims of xenophobia. Obvious to most people, but not to you.

Your boy Soros seems to be sweating the current trajectory a lot more than you are. Have you considered reading any of his comments to understand why?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 09:36 PM

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

Yes, but it is supposed to be analogous, something that the EU and US are not.

That was not what was being compared.

Metaphor gets it power from the comparison of dissimilar things that share some similarities.

I think the comparison was between the dependency of a part on a whole.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 09:46 PM

The USSR is arguably a somewhat more direct comparison, the different economic system notwithstanding. That was a confederation of various nations encompassing a variety of interests of cultures.

The OG 13 colonies of the US formed their own central government from the outset even if they didn't choose to follow the French model of collectivism. It wasn't a deal where they ever existed independently of the British Empire for a long time and then chose to integrate in stages over time.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 10:05 PM

The USSR is arguably a somewhat more direct comparison, the different economic system notwithstanding. That was a confederation of various nations encompassing a variety of interests of cultures.

The OG 13 colonies of the US formed their own central government from the outset even if they didn't choose to follow the French model of collectivism. It wasn't a deal where they ever existed independently of the British Empire for a long time and then chose to integrate in stages over time.

RI took 2 yrs to ratify the Constitution

They other states started to turn the tariff screws on RI before they caved

A bit analogous to Brexit in a way

Summary of the RI history:

https://www.politico.com/story/2014/05/this-day-in-politics-107177

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/16/19 11:31 PM

Parliament just rejected the deal the EU would agree to. Twice. A lot of people are primarily attributing that outcome to May's performance, not to what they consider to be a weak position.

Yes, the parliament rejected it because it was a terrible deal for Britain.

Of course EU would accept it. foreheadslap

As for the irony of the Poles in the UK, the Polish gov't has a much more robust attitude toward immigration issues than even the UK. That's what's ironic about calling the Poles victims of xenophobia. Obvious to most people, but not to you.

Your boy Soros seems to be sweating the current trajectory a lot more than you are. Have you considered reading any of his comments to understand why?

The only time I hear about Soros is from you people on erBB.

Couldn't care less what his comments are.

As for the Poles, I still don't get you supposed gotcha.

Since Poland and UK are both in the EU, they have the exact same immigration policy.

Is it ironic because Poland has ultra-right government and now Polish people who try to escape it are getting kicked out by British ultra-right nationalists?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/28/19 02:57 PM

roflmao

"....and England's DREAMING"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FYOOOCHUH"

Motion (M) Confirmatory public vote
For: 268 (Against: 295)

Motion (J) Customs Union
For: 264 (Against: 272)

Motion (K) Labour’s alternative plan
For: 237 (Against: 307)

Motion (D): Common market 2.0
For: 188 (Against: 283)

Motion (L) Revocation to avoid no deal
For: 184 (Against: 293)

Motion (B): No deal
For: 160 (Against: 400)

Motion (O) Contingent preferential arrangements
For: 139 (Against: 422)

Motion (H) EFTA and EEA
For: 65 (Against: 377)

roflmao

[Linked Image]

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/28/19 03:17 PM

roflmao

It's going from bad to worse.

Theresa - Done

The worst part is that Labour's alternative is just as bad.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/28/19 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by FecalFace
roflmao

Theresa - Done

Huh? Done?

Theresa May promises to step down if MPs pass Brexit deal

https://www.politico.eu/article/theresa-may-promises-to-resign-after-brexit/

15D Chess!

[Linked Image]

roflmao

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/28/19 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Sharkbiscuit
roflmao

Theresa - Done

Huh? Done?

May vows to resign before next phase of negotiations if deal is passed

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/28/19 03:36 PM

roflmao

Theresa - Done

Huh? Done?

May vows to resign before next phase of negotiations if deal is passed

Yes, exactly.

X will happen once Florida gets Revelstoke levels of blower pow June - August.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/28/19 03:46 PM

I didn't understand it that way, I think she will step down IRREGARDLESS

“I have heard very clearly the mood of the parliamentary party. I know there is a desire for a new approach – and new leadership – in the second phase of the Brexit negotiations, and I won’t stand in the way of that.”

She added: “I am prepared to leave this job earlier than I intended in order to do what is right for our country and our party.”

BTW, Imagine if Trump talked like that? roflmao

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/28/19 03:48 PM

Motion (M) Confirmatory public vote (Require a public vote to confirm any Brexit deal passed by parliament before its ratification)
For: 268 (Against: 295)

Also, this vote is puzzling.

I thought ifailalot would be all over it, with clerks ignoring the will of the people and all that.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/28/19 06:04 PM

Just bounce with no deal

Ireland can reunite

Win win

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/28/19 06:16 PM

No deal was the second-least popular of the eight options.

I think Fecal and I like Tories more than Republicans because they're not almost uniformly batshit.

Also I don't find the vote on Confirmatory Public vote all that puzzling from a certain point of view - it's a classic legislative body ass-covering. Perfect excuse.

Not sure the Ulsterpersons are into reunification; I'd bet the Protestants are still heavily against it.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/28/19 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by BillyOcean
Just bounce with no deal

Ireland can reunite

Win win

Emo dreamland.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/28/19 06:32 PM

I think Fecal and I like Tories more than Republicans because they're not almost uniformly batshit.

If there was an equivalent of the Tory party in the US, Fox would call them communnist. LOLZ

Also I don't find the vote on Confirmatory Public vote all that puzzling from a certain point of view - it's a classic legislative body ass-covering. Perfect excuse.

I was being sarcastic.

ifailalot has been screeching about "will of the people" and I agree with him.

Why ignore the will of the people NOW that the facts are known?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/29/19 03:26 PM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/brexit...nion-withdrawal-live-updates-29-03-2019/

So what's next?
Nobody really knows for sure. Lawmakers will gather again on Monday to hold another series of votes on a range of alternative plans to May's. But they tried that just days ago and not one of the eight options put forward gained majority backing from lawmakers.

1. Join EU, signing treaty that has Article 50 and whatnot
2. Idiots like Farage: "No Article 50. No Article 50. YOU'RE THE ARTICLE 50"
3. EU: Prepare your anus, Article 50 is going in dry
4. ???
5. Profit!

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/29/19 05:15 PM

Complete shambles mate.

Two things that strike me about that video:

1) Average age of the Leave protester is 70 years old.

2) Mansplaining Brexit to American folks made me ROFL

There's an excellent behind-the-scenes documentary series about how Brexit came to be (as well as on migrant crisis) on the Smithsonian channel, featuring all the key players and head of states, which would benefit ifailalot and GDaddy tremendously.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/29/19 05:57 PM

Sweet ageism

Wanting self-determination in itself is enough. Desiring more local government is always enough

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/29/19 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by ifallalot
Sweet ageism

Wanting self-determination in itself is enough. Desiring more local government is always enough

It's not ageism fuckhead. It's a fact. I didn't say anything negative, I stated a statistic fact. Besides, I'm old so it can't be ageism.

The people who want to leave don't give a shit about the future of the country because they will never have to live in it.

They yearn for the Britain of yesteryear that is no more.

They're shitscared of change, demographics especially, just like Trumptards.

You think that UK doesn't have the right to self-determination under EU? roflmao

You are ignorant of the very basics of the mechanisms at play here.

You are ruled by emotions of hatred towards others, not pragmatism or facts.

[Linked Image]

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/29/19 06:19 PM

1. Sweet ageism

2. Wanting self-determination in itself is enough.

1. Go bump Casa's 16 year old voting thread for us.

2. Yeah okay cool. The way Merkel handled the refugee crisis you'll get no argument from me. You do understand the EU gets to self-determine with respect to the terms of participation in the EU Market? You understand that's a two-way street?

Because I'm pretty sure there's an Article 50, and I'm pretty sure the EU (astonishingly) has, solely in the context of Brexit, operated like a well-oiled machine compared to the UK's government, which has operated like the electrical system of an early Beatles era Austin Healey Bugeyed Sprite. That is to say the only thing that starts is a fire.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/29/19 06:19 PM

The thing about kids is that they eventually grow up and assume responsibilities for someone other than themselves. .

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/29/19 06:24 PM

Sweet ageism

It's not ageism fuckhead. It's a fact. I didn't say anything negative, I stated a statistic fact. Besides, I'm old so it can't be ageism.

The people who want to leave don't give a shit about the future of the country because they will never have to live in it.

They yearn for the Britain of yesteryear that is no more.

They're shitscared of change, demographics especially, just like Trumptards.

You think that UK doesn't have the right to self-determination under EU? roflmao

You are ignorant of the very basics of the mechanisms at play here.

You are ruled by emotions of hatred towards others, not pragmatism or facts.

[Linked Image]

not enough of the 18-24 demographic voted in the original election to stop it. Now people are coming to their senses and voting every deal down while scapegoating May to try to stop the process. The EU should fook over GB if they come back crying asking to be back in

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/29/19 06:50 PM

The hard Brexit is apparently still one of the possibilities.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/29/19 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by GDaddy
The thing about kids is that they eventually grow up and assume responsibilities for someone other than themselves. .

25-44 year olds are not kids.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 03/29/19 07:15 PM

London protests cause gridlock as Brexit vote raises tensions

London protests cause gridlock as Brexit vote raises tensions

Brexit supporters swarmed through the streets of London on Friday as lawmakers rejected Prime Minister Theresa May's EU withdrawal deal for a third time.

Demonstrators blocked streets around the Houses of Parliament in central London as several groups of protesters converged on the day that the UK was originally meant to leave the European Union.

Marchers carried placards, bearing slogans including "No deal is better than a bad deal," "Every nation has the right to self-determination" and "Leave means Leave."

Others chanted "This country has turned into a dictatorship" and "we want our Brexit back."

"I think it's a scandal. We voted to have a referendum... leaves means leave," one protester told CNN.

Rejecting the prospect of a second referendum to find a way forward, he added: "It's like a football game ... when a team scores eight goals and another team scores nine goals, the team that scores nine goals is the winner."

Another protester said: "I have come to make a stand and prove a point that the government are traitors to democracy. They have gone against the will of the people... Our opinions mean nothing to them. Theresa May is the worst prime minister the country has ever seen. She has no backbone. I know eels with more backbone."

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 04:38 AM

So the Commons rejected no deal by a one vote margin. Theresa May has to ask for an extension.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47809717

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 06:41 AM

Funny you should post about a couple of thousand people protesting for Brexit but ignoring MILLION people anti-Brexit protest a week earlier.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 06:42 AM

Ghosted

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 03:22 PM

Humans carry youth traits into old age.

It's part of what makes us such dangerous predators.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Autoprax
Humans carry youth traits into old age.

It's part of what makes us such dangerous predators.
Yep, our flaws get worse as we age, sucks don't it?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 03:58 PM

the Polish gov't has a much more robust attitude toward immigration issues than even the UK

I wish you'd just say what you mean sometimes

a *strong* attitude....in what regard?

I feel strongly about Trump and I feel strongly about naked ladies

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by afoaf
the Polish gov't has a much more robust attitude toward immigration issues than even the UK

I wish you'd just say what you mean sometimes

a *strong* attitude....in what regard?

I feel strongly about Trump and I feel strongly about naked ladies

I dunno what GDaddy means, but people are by far Poland's #1 export, and they sure as f--k don't want anyone moving to Poland.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 05:41 PM

people are by far Poland's #1 export, and they sure as f--k don't want anyone moving to Poland.

I thought that was ironic and on the same basis I think FF holding the Poles up as victims of any changes to UKs admittance policies was ironic.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 05:41 PM

Ghosted

Not ghosted. I think you're a 16yr-old trapped in a middle aged body.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 06:10 PM

people are by far Poland's #1 export, and they sure as f--k don't want anyone moving to Poland.

I thought that was ironic and on the same basis I think FF holding the Poles up as victims of any changes to UKs admittance policies was ironic.

Yeah I think some people will be headed back to Poland and Slovakia as a result of Brexit.

Personally, although I liked London, the eye candy was....nigh nonexistent? If ever a place was in desperate need of some Polish and Slovak women, other than my bed, the UK would be an excellent place.

Lots of turbo hot models and movie stars but they're stashing the Kate Beckinsales, Emma Watsons, Lily Jameses and Abby Clanceys somewhere I didn't look.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 06:34 PM

The talking heads are saying a UK's post-Brexit relationship with the EU will be subject to choices and terms established by both sides via negotiations, same as with any other nation outside the EU. One of the possibilities is that there won't be any change in terms of residency requirements for citizens of Germany's Hegemony.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 07:19 PM

Ghosted

Not ghosted. I think you're a 16yr-old trapped in a middle aged body.

Except we were talking about demographics of the Brrxit voters, not me.

You made a dummy comment and now you're evading.

I'd rather be 16 trapped in a 55 yo body than be born a dinosaur like you.

Being resistant to any kind of change, backward looking, glib person doesn't make you mature.

It just makes you a dull person who hates foreigners.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 07:26 PM

I see that you still don't understand what irony is.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 07:28 PM

roflmao

So your primary argument is that old and stupid > old and conservative?

I rest my case.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 07:56 PM

Nope, it is if you are old and stupid you are a conservative, you are really bad at this.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 08:03 PM

Poland exports a ton of people.
Poland doesn't want to import people.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 08:07 PM

The talking heads are saying a UK's post-Brexit relationship with the EU will be subject to choices and terms established by both sides via negotiations, same as with any other nation outside the EU. One of the possibilities is that there won't be any change in terms of residency requirements for citizens of Germany's Hegemony.

Did the talking heads act like this was a fair fight between people out for their organizaton's best interests, or did they imply otherwise?

Because in the context of Brexit, the EU looks like a united, focused side, and the UK looks like Theresa May trying to get the best realistic deal possible, with everyone else in the UK trying to stick a knife in her back and promise unicorns and World Cups coming home to advance their own political careers.

The UK isn't winning the cup, there are no unicorns, TVR and Lotus aren't going to dominate F1, and Boeing and Airbus's latest are better than the Hawker Hurricane and that's all there is to it.
Posted By: tHe rAt

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by mundus
Nope, it is if you are old and stupid you are a conservative, you are really bad at this.

Gotta try and remember the handle you are logged in on before you respond?

dancing

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 08:22 PM

Did the talking heads act like this was a fair fight between people out for their organizaton's best interests, or did they imply otherwise?

Because in the context of Brexit, the EU looks like a united, focused side, and the UK looks like Theresa May trying to get the best realistic deal possible, with everyone else in the UK trying to stick a knife in her back and promise unicorns and World Cups coming home to advance their own political careers.

The UK isn't winning the cup, there are no unicorns, TVR and Lotus aren't going to dominate F1, and Boeing and Airbus's latest are better than the Hawker Hurricane and that's all there is to it.

Whatever really is or isn't with their situation, politics are arguably more about people's perceptions. So if they do decide to leave and they do follow through then that's for them to decide as they see fit. And if Ms May doesn't have support for the plan that Parliament has already repeatedly rejected then it doesn't much matter if her deal really is or isn't the best available deal. What matters is that for better or worse a lot of people are disagreeing with her that it's the best outcome they can get.

It is my assumption that Ms May and her supporters have been making their arguments and they just haven't yet been sufficiently successful to carry the day. So far, anyway. Maybe things will change tomorrow.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by tHe rAt

dancing

Good one, stupid, The lamest internet tactic of all time.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by tHe rAt

dancing

Good one, stupid, The lamest internet tactic of all time.

That's actually an observation?

As opposed to a tactic?

poke

Have a good weekend angry-man!

wave2

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 10:42 PM

I've notice that making an observation could be a tactic.

I use that one all the time.

But not as common as the mischaracterization of thoughts, feelings, motives, and actions tactic.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Autoprax
I've notice that making an observation could be a tactic.

I use that one all the time.

But not as common as the mischaracterization of thoughts, feelings, motives, and actions tactic.

You've "notice" that?

Day drinking again?

hat

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 11:17 PM

roflmao

I rest my case

You are "resting your" case on something you made up in your mind.

BTW, being a glib old git is is not smart.

Resisting inevitable change means you have not learned anything from history.

This whole discussion started because you claim that it's stupid "kids" who don't know anything are the ones who want to stay in the EU.

I proved you wrong and now you've got your panties all bunched up like a manly man that you are.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/05/19 11:45 PM

roflmao

I rest my case

You are "resting your" case on something you made up in your mind.

BTW, being a glib old git is is not smart.

Resisting inevitable change means you have not learned anything from history.

This whole discussion started because you claim that it's stupid "kids" who don't know anything are the ones who want to stay in the EU.

I proved you wrong and now you've got your panties all bunched up like a manly man that you are.

Way to misread my characterization. What I was saying is that people's priorities and frame of reference sometimes change when they grow up and accumulate more personal responsibilities.

As for what is and isn't inevitable, there was a vote that seems to indicate a whole lot of disagreement with that presumption.

As for your ability to prove anything, I think you'd have great difficulty proving water is wet. That's why you normally just resort to screeching. Which, BTW, is not an argument.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/06/19 12:40 AM

Except Poland is not "exporting" people. Polish government is not telling people to move to the UK.

Polish people are free to move within EU. They are not immigrants in the UK.

Poland's government doesn't want to import brown people - the immigrants.

Two totally different things.

In order for irony to work you have to know what you're talking about. GDaddy doesn't.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/06/19 12:45 AM

What’s so bad about England being for English people?

Does anyone give Japanese shit for having Japan for Japanese?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/06/19 12:57 AM

Except Poland is not "exporting" people. Polish government is not telling people to move to the UK.

In order for irony to work you have to know what you're talking about. GDaddy doesn't.

Don't understand, huh? So why do you suppose I used the term "admittance policies in the UK" and not "immigration"?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/06/19 01:00 AM

BTW

BBCNews - Brexit: UK passports issued without 'European Union' label

[Linked Image]

I dunno if Brexit is going to happen or not, or if maybe the UK will stay in the EU and send another batch of MEPs to Brussels - including some EuroSkeptics - to represent their views. It sure is an interesting chain of events to watch, though.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/06/19 06:34 AM

Don't understand, huh? So why do you suppose I used the term "admittance policies in the UK" and not "immigration"?

"Irony" would be if the same xenophobic shitheads who run Polish government got denied residence and employment in the UK.

That wasn't the case.

It's just that fuckheads like you can't distinguish between government policy and nationality.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/06/19 06:37 AM

BTW

BBCNews - Brexit: UK passports issued without 'European Union' label

[Linked Image]

I dunno if Brexit is going to happen or not, or if maybe the UK will stay in the EU and send another batch of MEPs to Brussels - including some EuroSkeptics - to represent their views. It sure is an interesting chain of events to watch, though.

Every single industry and business in the UK at the moment is in a limbo, in anticipation of the Breixt deal/no deal.

What's printed on the passport cover means fvck all.

It's just pragmatism in the face of uncertainty.
Posted By: SurfFuerte

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/07/19 07:19 PM

not so much about it being good/bad....

....more a case of DO NOT LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON THE ARSE ON THE WAY OUT!!!

why cannot these stoopid m-therf-ckers just GTFO already?

GO!!!!!

good riddance....

begone wit ya mate!

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/08/19 02:57 AM

What makes you think that "England" (maybe you meant Britain?) is not for English people right now?

Ignorance about the subject and your emotions make you delusional.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/08/19 07:24 PM

When people in Harlem get mad about white gentrification, don’t they kind of have a little bit of a reason to be mad?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/08/19 08:07 PM

When people in Harlem get mad about white gentrification, don’t they kind of have a little bit of a reason to be mad?

Yeah, and when they vote in favor of Harlexit because Al Sharpton told them they could keep their Medicare and Social Security, and then find out the rest of the country has decided to tell them to go f--k themselves and Al Sharpton was full of shit, the rest of the country is going to laugh at them, and they're going to be shit out of luck, and Sharpton will have f-----d off the same way Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson f-----d off.

There would be a thread on the erBB chronicling this, and it would be called Harlexit: LOL. Nobody would question Harlem's right to self-determine, just as nobody is questioning Britain's right to self-determine.

We also wouldn't question that Harlem is going to get royally fucked up the turd cutter in this process, the same way cognizant life forms aren't questioning that the UK is going to get royally fucked up the turd cutter in this process.

However, some Leave Tories and people on team conservative seem to be laboring under the delusion that there is no need to bite the pillow, because it's not going in dry.

Bite the pillow, it's going in dry, LOL.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/08/19 08:40 PM

So you support Harlexit?

You want Harlem to secede from the US so it can maintain ethnic purity? socrazy

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/08/19 09:04 PM

I’m just trying to cut through your PC mind fog

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/08/19 10:55 PM

I’m just trying to cut through your PC mind fog

Shouldn't be that hard, my fog is not as thick as your bullshit.

The idea that "England" didn't have the right to self-determination when it was in the EU is retarded.

They didn't even accept the Euro currency and their immigration policy was different that other EU countries.
They elect their own, proportionaly representative government and have fvcking referendums on important issues.

They have more self-determination under the EU than we have under Electoral College

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/08/19 11:59 PM

Why do you keep putting “England” in quotes?
Posted By: heelnipstr

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 12:55 AM

Maybe because 'England' is not a country? What do I win!

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 01:40 AM

What makes you think that "England" (maybe you meant Britain?)

[Linked Image]

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 02:58 AM

The fact that it's called Brexit and not Englexit should have been your first clue.

But no.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by heelnipstr

Maybe because 'England' is not a country? What do I win!

Nobody:

Fox News: 3 British Countries To Leave "European" "Union"

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 12:15 PM

English are a people

Same as Scots or Welsh

People let the Welsh have their funny signs

England has their football team

Scots have their kilts

Ethnicity is not nothing

It’s not everything but pretending that the native people of a place don’t have a higher claim to that place is a bit odd

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 12:27 PM

Where does it say people have to give up their cultural customs?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 02:19 PM

It’s not everything but pretending that the native people of a place don’t have a higher claim to that place is a bit odd

Well nothing is out of the ordinary and all is perfectly standard, because nobody is pretending that. There is even a special Article 50 in the EU to handle a member leaving to enforce their higher claim of their place.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 02:22 PM

Well nothing is out of the ordinary and all is perfectly standard, because nobody is pretending that. There is even a special Article 50 in the EU to handle a member leaving to enforce their higher claim of their place.

Yep, can't debate honestly, so make stuff up, typical Billy.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 02:23 PM

It doesn't. Pakistanis, Indians, and Bangladeshis will be free to sip tea and play cricket in Hyde Park after the Poles, Irish, Romanians, Germans and Italians go back to the EU.

The plumbers will all be gone but the curry will stay. What could go wrong?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 02:28 PM

No Billy and the Leave people are honestly and earnestly triggered by all the off-colour Commonwealth types you see in London.

Sending Poles and Irish home is the clear solution.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 03:28 PM

English are a people

Same as Scots or Welsh

Scots have their kilts

Ethnicity is not nothing

do you call the U.S. "Siouxville"?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by afoaf
English are a people

Same as Scots or Welsh

Scots have their kilts

Ethnicity is not nothing

do you call the U.S. "Siouxville"?

This is kind of my point

Leftists are quick to point out interlopers in some cases but not others

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 03:35 PM

No Billy and the Leave people are honestly and earnestly triggered by all the off-colour Commonwealth types you see in London.

Commonwealth is different

All subject to rule by the Queen in theory at least at one time

Plus I like Indian food

People from random euro countries are not on same footing

If English or Scots or Welsh want to boot other white peeps, wtf shouldn’t they be able to?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 03:38 PM

strike two, dummy.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 03:59 PM

He won't answer that because he doesn't have a fvcking clue what he's talking about.

All our ultra-nationalist erBB residents have not visited any of the places they think they're experts on.

100% emo / 0% facts or experience

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/09/19 04:18 PM

Commonwealth is different

All subject to rule by the Queen in theory at least at one time

Plus I like Indian food

People from random euro countries are not on same footing

If English or Scots or Welsh want to boot other white peeps, wtf shouldn’t they be able to?

They are able to; they held a referendum and made the decision to do so. They're just dragging their feet.

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/10/19 02:38 PM

Okay so Theresa May is going to ask for an extension until June 30th and the EU President says "LOLZ it's going to take you longer than that; cut the wide-eyed flights of fancy, but you don't get more than a year".

It sounds to me like the Council deciding on this extension is probably going to grant it. I am not sure if the UK will form a new government if they get a year.

People who know the difference between Norn Iron, Scotland, Wales, and England, what say ye? Will Parliament keep rejecting May's Deal and No Deal? Will the Council tell England they have two days until they get told to kick rocks? Will the Council have a condition that says we grant an extension, but it's so you can realize May's deal is the best you're getting and the alternative is kick rocks?

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/10/19 03:44 PM

EU is giving May enough rope to hang herself.

Definitely a new government but there's no good deal to be had, no matter how long they ponder it.

The solution is simple, a new referendum. That way they don't have to sweat the deal/no deal. hat

Re: Brexit - LOL - 04/10/19 04:17 PM

It will be a hard Brexit, no deal
© 2019 SURFER Magazine Forum | Surf News, Fantasy Surfer, Photos, Video, and Forecasting