Surfer.com

Jussie Smollett *** DONE ***

Posted By: everysurfr

Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 02:57 AM

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

What kind of "beating" will he get in jail?
....................................................................................with lube, of course
Posted By: hal9000

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 04:06 AM

Thanks for starting a new thread. I was beginning to worry that people didn't notice the other one.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 04:28 AM

Comedy doesn't waste itself on the thirteenth page
Posted By: mundus

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 05:18 AM

Well that's a shame, the doubters were right all along. The dude has real mental problems and to think he would get away with it? Hate crime hoaxers are worse than the perpetrators.
Posted By: acnjusa

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 08:12 AM

not discussed further will be the issues of a "culture" that rejects higher education (church much?)
and disdains honest work like flipping burgers.
Posted By: GromsDad

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 11:45 AM

Image may contain: 11 people, people smiling, text
Posted By: BillyOcean

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 01:23 PM

Did Harvard give him a fellowship yet?

Is he now a CNN political analyst?
Posted By: sussle

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 02:43 PM

fake noose

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 02:47 PM

applause2

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 02:51 PM

Credit where credit is due to the people who smelled out the hoax from the beginning.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: mundus
Credit where credit is due to the people who smelled out the hoax from the beginning.

absolutely.
Posted By: 1whoknows

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 04:40 PM

“I don’t want him to be a liar. I want them to catch two lily-white, MAGA-hat wearing weirdos.

But it ain’t gonna happen. This is bullshit.

But MAGA is still a cancer.”
Posted By: GDaddy

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 04:46 PM

Consider this -

The righties were really hoping he was wrong and they would have been humiliated if he really had been attacked as described.

The lefties were really hoping the event occurred exactly as he described and are now feeling humiliated that the story isn't holding up under scrutiny.

Neither camp wants assaults like this to happen and neither camp wants to be manipulated by hoaxes.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 04:50 PM

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
Consider this -

The righties were really hoping he was wrong and they would have been humiliated if he really had been attacked as described.

The lefties were really hoping the event occurred exactly as he described and are now feeling humiliated that the story isn't holding up under scrutiny.

Neither camp wants assaults like this to happen and neither camp wants to be manipulated by hoaxes.
The dude is a liar. Trump is a liar.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 04:55 PM

But hey, he looked really sincere in his interviews. #listenandbelieve
Posted By: tHe rAt

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 04:56 PM

Originally Posted By: hal9000

absolutely.

Everyone with an IQ over room temperature.
Posted By: Duffy

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 04:59 PM

But hey, he looked really sincere in his interviews. #listenandbelieve

The dude is a fooking sociopath.
Posted By: frvcvs

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 05:01 PM

A few things.

- what happened to the “innocent until proven guilty” that many of you were preaching when it looked like 2 MAGA hate wearing whiteys were accused of the attack? It doesn’t look great for Smollett but why aren’t many of you applying the same standard? I find that curious.

- if Smollett did in fact orchestrate this “attack” it’d be extremely sad, unfortunate and pathetic and he deserves everything coming to him from career ruin to criminal charges. Most of all because a hoax like this does nothing but hurt the causes he’s been championing.

- it still feels like most of you are frothing for this to be a hoax of Smolletts creation for all the wrong reasons.

This whole thing is sad and unfortunate all around.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 05:03 PM

This guy and CNN would’ve been psyched to send a couple of innocent guys to jail for this

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: frvcvs
A few things.

- what happened to the “innocent until proven guilty” that many of you were preaching when it looked like 2 MAGA hate wearing whiteys were accused of the attack? It doesn’t look great for Smollett but why aren’t many of you applying the same standard? I find that curious.

- if Smollett did in fact orchestrate this “attack” it’d be extremely sad, unfortunate and pathetic and he deserves everything coming to him from career ruin to criminal charges. Most of all because a hoax like this does nothing but hurt the causes he’s been championing.

- it still feels like most of you are frothing for this to be a hoax of Smolletts creation for all the wrong reasons.

What wrong reasons?

The skeptics were hoping he wasn't attacked by racists and I daresay they're all are stoked that it didn't happen. And sure, they're also glad that the would-be manipulator didn't get away with it.

But since you asked, let me ask you the same. Why are you upset with the skeptics? Because you wanted them to be wrong and this time they weren't?

At this point would not we ALL have preferred this story never surfaced in the first place?
Posted By: tHe rAt

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 05:22 PM

A few things.

- what happened to the “innocent until proven guilty”

Not a thing. It's still applicable in a court of law.
Posted By: JEwing

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 09:11 PM

Brainwashed by hate is happening on both the extreme right and the left. His motives were not much different than Peter McCabe's though.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 09:24 PM

Originally Posted By: JEwing
Brainwashed by hate is happening on both the extreme right and the left. His motives were not much different than Peter McCabe's though.
hah You think Smollett was also motivated to get deep Indo tubes?
Posted By: squidley

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: 1whoknows
“I don’t want him to be a liar. I want them to catch two lily-white, MAGA-hat wearing weirdos.

Foreigners doing the work Americans won't do.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 10:54 PM

And the Emmy for the most creative use of a fake noose in a Fake News Crime Drama Hoax demonizing Trump supporters by a gay African American goes to...

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: squidley

you mean Peter McCabe?
Posted By: afoaf

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 11:31 PM

what work would that be, Squidley?
Posted By: CharmingSophisticate

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/17/19 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: afoaf

Nail Technician at Happy Nail.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate

Nail Technician at Happy Nail.

LOL. I was thinking conspiring to fake-mug a black queer at 2 am in sub-zero weather.
Posted By: FecalFace

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 12:23 AM

Juicy who
Posted By: casa_mugrienta

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 12:43 AM

It doesn't matter if it didn't happen because stuff like that IS actually happening.

MAGA hat wearing Trump supporters are physically attacking blacks, gays, and other minorities everywhere.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 12:47 AM

A few things.

It was obvious (to me) that his story was utter bullshit as soon as I heard it.

Innocent until proven guilty isn’t even the point for me. He told a completely unbelievable story, a story which I never believed.

Innocence or guilt is up for a court to decide. Me? I just don’t believe him.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Duffy
A few things.

It was obvious (to me) that his story was utter bullshit as soon as I heard it.

Innocent until proven guilty isn’t even the point for me. He told a completely unbelievable story, a story which I never believed.

Innocence or guilt is up for a court to decide. Me? I just don’t believe him.

The only people that likely believed the guy were those allowing themselves to be greatly influenced by their confirmation bias.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 01:32 AM

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta

The only people that likely believed the guy were those allowing themselves to be greatly influenced by their confirmation bias.
You must be talking about Kavanaugh
Posted By: grapedrink

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 02:40 AM

It doesn't matter if it didn't happen because stuff like that IS actually happening.

MAGA hat wearing Trump supporters are physically attacking blacks, gays, and other minorities everywhere.

What's funny about this whole thing is if there really is some resurgence in white supremacy and hate crimes because of Trump, why not focus people's attention on incidents that actually happened instead of making poop up confused2

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 04:52 AM

Originally Posted By: grapedrink

What's funny about this whole thing is if there really is some resurgence in white supremacy and hate crimes because of Trump, why not focus people's attention on incidents that actually happened instead of making poop up confused2

You’ve heard of the law of supply and demand? Well there isn’t a large enough supply of real racism to meet the demand.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 05:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Duffy
Originally Posted By: grapedrink

You’ve heard of the law of supply and demand? Well there isn’t a large enough supply of real racism to meet the demand.

Correct.

It makes great distractions for politicians and the media.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 06:48 AM

it's crazy what people think they can get away with in this day and age.

forget about the institutional and government surveillance systems, every single
person around you has the ability to record audio and video.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article226337475.html

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 08:06 AM

in AC when one takes a cab with a Haitian driver......when asked where are you from....the driver
usually answers "Nigeria."

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 12:42 PM

https://news.grabien.com/story-montage-watch-media-uncritically-accept-another-outlandish-h

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 03:10 PM

https://canadafreepress.com/article/jussie-smolletts-sisters-worked-for-barack-obama

Quote:

Jussie Smollett’s sisters, actresses and activists, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, and Jazz Smollett-Warwell, worked as leading campaign surrogates for former President Barack Obama, and less than a year ago, videos of Jussie dancing with Michelle Obama went viral.

Jussie Smollett’s “hate crime” story that he was attacked by two men who shouted racial and homophobic slurs at him along with the phrase “This is MAGA country”, on Jan. 29, seems to be falling apart.
Smollett-Bell posted the following message about her support for Obama on Instagram on President Donald Trump’s Inauguration Day:

“Feeling a lot of emotions. I remember meeting then Senator @barackobama 9 years ago. I’d been invited to introduce him in Nevada during the primaries. He was the underdog, the odds were stacked against him. Said he was too young, too black, too different…he was an other. I’ve always been an other so I saw myself in him. My own relative told me I was wasting my time, going state to state, knocking on doors for this guy with the funny name. I can’t tell you how many people hung the phone up on my sister @jazzsmollettwarwell and me as we clocked in our hours, phone banking.

“Working as if this was a full time job, I worked for free, because this work was food for my soul....."

.....Less than a year ago, videos of Michelle Obama dancing with Jussie Smollett went viral over the Internet.

How long was Smollett’s “hate crime” story in the making?

And more significantly how many more are on the way?

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/18/19 06:27 PM

I was actually surprised to see reports saying that this guy knew his "attackers" on the personal level, pre-planned the event and paid them. To whatever extent that's true that would actually be worse than getting roughed up over a drug deal or slip-n-fall in the ice and then blaming racists for it - which it what I had previously came to suspect.

My daughter was telling me that this guy's family is involved with a reality show
Food Network : Smollett Easts

Quote:

About the Show
Hang out with the Smolletts as they braise, bake and grill their way through the week. From putting on the perfect kids' birthday party to throwing a midnight BBQ for their friends, these six siblings whip up some of their family's favorite recipes while giving us a glimpse into the relationships that make them so much fun. Baby back ribs, steak banh mi tacos and pork chili verde are just some of the mouthwatering dishes that cooking ace Jake Smollett and his brothers and sisters bring to the table. These are meals you won't want to miss!

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 01:38 AM

Reported by the attackers, that jussie did pay them to do it

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 01:50 AM

Posted By: Autoprax

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 02:03 AM

This is about availability cascades.

If you aren't viewing it through that prism you are blind.

(I just deleted some taboo humor because I am capable of applying boundaries on myself sometimes.)

Alysa needs to read my book.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 02:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Autoprax
This is about availability cascades.

If you aren't viewing it through that prism you are blind.

(I just deleted some taboo humor because I am capable of applying boundaries on myself sometimes.)

Alysa needs to read my book.

I notice every time you bring up the availability cascade it's in reference actions of individuals on the left.

Why do you think there is so much... availability on the left?

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 02:11 AM

https://canadafreepress.com/article/jussie-smolletts-sisters-worked-for-barack-obama

Quote:

Jussie Smollett’s sisters, actresses and activists, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, and Jazz Smollett-Warwell, worked as leading campaign surrogates for former President Barack Obama, and less than a year ago, videos of Jussie dancing with Michelle Obama went viral.

Jussie Smollett’s “hate crime” story that he was attacked by two men who shouted racial and homophobic slurs at him along with the phrase “This is MAGA country”, on Jan. 29, seems to be falling apart.
Smollett-Bell posted the following message about her support for Obama on Instagram on President Donald Trump’s Inauguration Day:

“Feeling a lot of emotions. I remember meeting then Senator @barackobama 9 years ago. I’d been invited to introduce him in Nevada during the primaries. He was the underdog, the odds were stacked against him. Said he was too young, too black, too different…he was an other. I’ve always been an other so I saw myself in him. My own relative told me I was wasting my time, going state to state, knocking on doors for this guy with the funny name. I can’t tell you how many people hung the phone up on my sister @jazzsmollettwarwell and me as we clocked in our hours, phone banking.

“Working as if this was a full time job, I worked for free, because this work was food for my soul....."

.....Less than a year ago, videos of Michelle Obama dancing with Jussie Smollett went viral over the Internet.

<iframe width="617" height="347" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UgWhpfdeRAg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GDaddy, if you're wondering what I meant when I said "for all the wrong reasons" here's a prime example. Many here are looking to hold many accountable for the actions of one, if he did indeed do what it's looking more and more like he did.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 02:11 AM

I notice every time you bring up the availability cascade it's in reference actions of individuals on the left.

Like Alsya, you need to read my book.

Due out in January. monkey

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 02:36 AM

link?

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 03:21 AM

link?

I'll just probably give you one. I'll have boxes of unsold copies on my bedroom floor when I'm done.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 03:30 AM

link?

I'll just probably give you one. I'll have boxes of unsold copies on my bedroom floor when I'm done.

Is this your first published book?

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 04:09 AM

No.

Definitely my last.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 05:12 AM

Quote:

<iframe width="617" height="347" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UgWhpfdeRAg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GDaddy, if you're wondering what I meant when I said "for all the wrong reasons" here's a prime example. Many here are looking to hold many accountable for the actions of one, if he did indeed do what it's looking more and more like he did.

Let me ask you this: Are you happy with this outcome? Which makes you more happy?

- That Jussie was not attacked by racists or anyone else, or

- That although it's becoming more and more apparent to more people that Jussie was lying, it's also becoming a little more likely that he might not get away with it?

Because honestly, I'm more glad that he did not get attacked. That's a good thing in my book; leastwise the bad thing didn't occur. It's unknown right now how this case will turn out. But even if the cops come up with what it takes to make an arrest, at this point I really DGAF if he ever gets criminally prosecuted for it.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 11:47 AM

Jussie Smollett Offered Job At CNN After Fabricating News Story Out Of Thin Air

https://babylonbee.com/news/jussie-smoll...avhnqy647KLdo9g

ATLANTA, GA—While Empire actor Jussie Smollett has been having a tough week so far, there appears to be a silver lining: cable news channel CNN has offered Smollett a job as an investigative reporter and on-air anchor after witnessing his skills at fabricating a story entirely out of thin air.

CNN producers were reportedly impressed throughout the ongoing saga of Smollett's apparent hoax attack on himself. They realized early on the facts didn't add up but were fascinated with how well the actor kept the narrative going. An HR rep quickly reached out to Smollett to see if he'd be interested in taking on a position at the news organization after news broke that the entire thing was probably fabricated.

"Smollett has exactly the kind of skills we look for at our fine organization," said CNN correspondent Brian Stelter. "He picked a narrative, made up all the relevant facts and details, and stuck with his story in spite of glaring holes in the plot. It's hard to find people who understand our core values here at CNN, but Smollett seems to be just the guy for us."

The actor has accepted the offer and is now undergoing training to learn how to weave even more intricate narratives ex nihilo, according to insiders.

I know its satire but the real humor is that there is a lot of truth in this story.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 12:15 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If that man staged his own attack he is wrong in so many ways. <br><br>No one could be that hurtful? To stage this? Right?<br><br>To fook with all of us by playing into our weaknesses & make it even harder for victims to come forward?! No one could choose to be that hurtful? Right?! RIGHT?</p>— Alyssa Milano (@Alyssa_Milano) <a href="https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/1097319146532962304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 18, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

that is one weak condemnation.

we should also be taking swings at Robin Williams and GMA for encouraging the behavior by giving said turd a mouthpiece.
Posted By: Greg Griffin

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 01:13 PM

Posted By: ifallalot

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 01:25 PM

roflmao

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 01:41 PM

Not weaknesses Alyssa.........your mental illness.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 01:57 PM

You are as susceptible to deceptive pattern mimicry as Alyssa.

You fall for it all the time.

The only difference is that AM is a good looking girl so it's not so annoying. monkey
Posted By: sizzld1

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Jussie Smollett Offered Job At CNN After Fabricating News Story Out Of Thin Air

https://babylonbee.com/news/jussie-smoll...avhnqy647KLdo9g

ATLANTA, GA—While Empire actor Jussie Smollett has been having a tough week so far, there appears to be a silver lining: cable news channel CNN has offered Smollett a job as an investigative reporter and on-air anchor after witnessing his skills at fabricating a story entirely out of thin air.

CNN producers were reportedly impressed throughout the ongoing saga of Smollett's apparent hoax attack on himself. They realized early on the facts didn't add up but were fascinated with how well the actor kept the narrative going. An HR rep quickly reached out to Smollett to see if he'd be interested in taking on a position at the news organization after news broke that the entire thing was probably fabricated.

"Smollett has exactly the kind of skills we look for at our fine organization," said CNN correspondent Brian Stelter. "He picked a narrative, made up all the relevant facts and details, and stuck with his story in spite of glaring holes in the plot. It's hard to find people who understand our core values here at CNN, but Smollett seems to be just the guy for us."

The actor has accepted the offer and is now undergoing training to learn how to weave even more intricate narratives ex nihilo, according to insiders.

I know its satire but the real humor is that there is a lot of truth in this story.

The real humor is how stupid and brainwashed you are. You make us all LOL multiple times per day with your constant displays of idiocy. poke

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 06:15 PM

Let me ask you this: Are you happy with this outcome? Which makes you more happy?

- That Jussie was not attacked by racists or anyone else, or

- That although it's becoming more and more apparent to more people that Jussie was lying, it's also becoming a little more likely that he might not get away with it?

Because honestly, I'm more glad that he did not get attacked. That's a good thing in my book; leastwise the bad thing didn't occur. It's unknown right now how this case will turn out. But even if the cops come up with what it takes to make an arrest, at this point I really DGAF if he ever gets criminally prosecuted for it.

I don't think there is a possible outcome in any of this to be happy about. Are you happy? IMHO its sad and unfortunate any way this pans out. There is no happy ending.

Obviously it's better if there was no real attack. But that doesn't somehow make this a victory for white men or MAGA hat wearing Trump voters. It doesn't erase the many other documented incidents of violence and aggression. Nor should it invalidate other victims of hate crimes past, present or future.

In the end if it turns out that this was a hoax organized by Smollett I have zero sympathy for him and don't have any empathy for what he may face in a courtroom and in the court of public opinion. But only Smollett and his accomplices should be held accountable for this. The people I feel bad about are the other victims of hate crimes in the future that will surely face greater scrutiny because one person may have orchestrated a hoax.

IMHO victims deserve the benefit of the doubt until we learn that there is reason not to give them that benefit.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 06:27 PM

IMHO victims deserve the benefit of the doubt until we learn that there is reason not to give them that benefit.

You better hope you never have to eat your words.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 06:35 PM

I think most reasonable people did give Smollett the benefit of the doubt. But most reasonable people also saw that there were strange inconsistencies in his story that just didn't seem to add up and wanted to see more facts before they took a position. Overall, I think the Smellit (thanks for that one casa cheers) story was a pretty good example of people and the press showing restraint before jumping to conclusions. To be fair, there were exceptions to that like Kamala for example, but (from what I saw) the press didn't go nuts over this like it did with the little turds from Kentucky, which is a good thing.
Posted By: Wheelhouse

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 06:38 PM

not the first time -

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/tee...M5Ak9O9_qkO1e08

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Wheelhouse

You are correct...

Should we hold others accountable for the actions of a few?

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 06:53 PM

Did they ever figure out how that lady faked it? Gotta admire her dedication if she punched herself in the face hard enough to get that black eye.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: sizzld1
Did they ever figure out how that lady faked it? Gotta admire her dedication if she punched herself in the face hard enough to get that black eye.

The backwards "B" makes it seem self-inflicted like she did it in the mirror and was too stupid to realize it was backwards. Unless her attacker(s) were dyslexic of course roflmao '

The crazy thing to me re: Smollett is what he's giving up. I know people are saying he was getting written off the show and what not but that's par for the course. He was still very successful and coming off 5 or 6yrs as a series regular on a hit show. He had it good.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 07:46 PM

Quote:
I don't think there is a possible outcome in any of this to be happy about. Are you happy? IMHO its sad and unfortunate any way this pans out. There is no happy ending.

Of course I'm happy. First and foremost he didn't get attacked by racists. What's not to be happy about in that?

Secondarily, if he did lie and he does get punished for lying you should be happy about that, too. Assuming the punishment isn't excessive for the crime. He didn't simply make a mistake in the heat of the moment - he actively planned to manipulate public sentiment in furtherance of his worldview. That's indicative of actual malice.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 07:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Wheelhouse

You are correct...

Who is holding anyone accountable for anything Mr Smollet did? The people who are getting heat for prematurely committing to an initially weak story are getting heat for what they did, not what Mr Smollet did. And had the events gone the other way and the story held up - as sometimes happens - it would have been the people who rushed to judgement that he was a liar who would now be getting heat for that mistake. And rightfully so.

That mistake is not being in error about the outcome - because anyone can be victimized by a liar - but the premature rush to condemnation. And there has been plenty of that on both sides on this one, not just the people who were unconditionally supportive of Mr Smollet's account.

We all need to slow the fck down on these situations and let the info come out in due course.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 08:12 PM

I'll remind you of your words next time some idiot shoots a bunch of people.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 08:46 PM

Quote:

Of course I'm happy. First and foremost he didn't get attacked by racists. What's not to be happy about in that?

Secondarily, if he did lie and he does get punished for lying you should be happy about that, too. Assuming the punishment isn't excessive for the crime. He didn't simply make a mistake in the heat of the moment - he actively planned to manipulate public sentiment in furtherance of his worldview. That's indicative of actual malice.

I like how you omitted all my other points about other victims having to pay for his transgressions. foreheadslap

I'm glad you'e happy, I guess. What a triumph for white men! dancing
Posted By: Oakleys_N_Zinka

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 08:59 PM

Unfortunately that's probably the extent of your worldview. Good luck with that.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 09:51 PM

Quote:

I like how you omitted all my other points about other victims having to pay for his transgressions. foreheadslap

Is that your way of saying that you're unhappy that he didn't actually get attacked? If so then just say so. If not then say that.

I didn't miss the point about the doubt that hoaxes cast doubt on the claims of other victims. So what? I fully mean to treat each situation separately and on its own merits. What's wrong with that?

listenandbelieve is a complete horsesht idea. We're being told to put aside our critical thinking and simply empathize with people who are making these claims.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 11:08 PM

Quote:

Is that your way of saying that you're unhappy that he didn't actually get attacked? If so then just say so. If not then say that.

I didn't miss the point about the doubt that hoaxes cast doubt on the claims of other victims. So what? I fully mean to treat each situation separately and on its own merits. What's wrong with that?

listenandbelieve is a complete horsesht idea. We're being told to put aside our critical thinking and simply empathize with people who are making these claims.

No I'm not unhappy if this "attack" proves to be a hoax. It's definitely the better of bad outcomes but it's certainly not something to be happy about. But as I pointed out multiple times and you've chosen to ignore multiple times, a hoax like this can be detrimental to the victims of other real attacks and that is terribly unfortunate. If you don't believe me just look at some of the responses in this thread from Squidley, Doug, Gromsdad, Coathanger and yes, you.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 11:12 PM

Disagree strongly. I think every claim deserves some critical thinking.

I cannot tell you how many times I had people lie to me about who-did-what back when I worked as a cop. Particularly when there were interpersonal conflicts occurring. Something as trivial as a traffic accident will often prompt people to lie.
I know better from personal experience than to mindlessly listen and believe.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 11:15 PM

Cops are known to lie. Kind of like real estate developers... part of the job.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 11:16 PM

Actually, you're right. Cops have been known to think that the ends justify the means. That's one reason they have a very serious credibility gap, particularly among the criminal class and their advocates. Defense lawyers and criminal prosecutors, too.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 11:20 PM

Actually, you're right. Cops have been known to think that the ends justify the means. That's one reason they have a very serious credibility gap, particularly among the criminal class and their advocates. Defense lawyers and criminal prosecutors, too.
Lies are lies.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 11:20 PM

"One must always remember that police are recruited from the criminal classes" Gore Vidal

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 11:21 PM

Hence the utility of critical thinking.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 11:22 PM

"One must always remember that police are recruited from the criminal classes" Gore Vidal

And yet, 97% of applicants never make it. Up until recently, anyway. The ones you see out on the street are actually the most successful candidates.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 11:28 PM

God help us then! The incompetence, corruption, criminality of our police is the great open secret of American society.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/19/19 11:33 PM

pokestick

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/20/19 12:55 AM

The incompetence, corruption, criminality of our police is the great open secret of American society.

You should travel more often.
Posted By: sussle

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/20/19 01:07 AM

bad apples notwithstanding, street guys tend to make very good cops.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 03:56 PM

Turns out, he didn't do it for political reasons. He did it to raise his salary.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-jussie-smollet-arrest-20190221-story.html
Posted By: Coat Hanger

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 03:58 PM

This Openly Gay Black Man is in big trouble.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 04:59 PM

Man, this guy is dumb. He wrote a racist letter to himself and paid the two guys with checks. Did he really think this would work?

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: hal9000
Man, this guy is dumb. He wrote a racist letter to himself and paid the two guys with checks. Did he really think this would work?

Well, he's openly gay and black.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 05:58 PM

"The brothers, who are not considered suspects, wore gloves during the staged attack and “punched him a little bit,” Johnson said. Scratches and bruising Smollett had on his face were “most likely self-inflicted,” Johnson said."

roflmao

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 06:01 PM

I wonder what it's like to sit down and write hate mail to yourself?

He's a flight risk. I recommend no bail.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 06:04 PM

He writes ok with his left hand

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 06:09 PM

Go back and watch his tv interview knowing what we know now...

The dude is a sociopath.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 06:52 PM

The left is getting really terrible at hate crime hoax's.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 09:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Coat Hanger

Don't kid yourself. They believe their own shit even when its proven to be a hoax. In their minds its Trump's fault that Jussie did this.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 09:29 PM

Don't kid yourself. They believe their own shit even when its proven to be a hoax. In their minds its Trump's fault that Jussie did this.
Source, retard, This actually describes Trump cultists perfectly, the latest in projection theatre from the diseased mind of gromsdad.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 09:37 PM

Shouldn't you be out screaming at the sky or something?
Posted By: obslop

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/21/19 09:38 PM

it's crazy what people think they can get away with in this day and age.

forget about the institutional and government surveillance systems, every single
person around you has the ability to record audio and video.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article226337475.html

“I’m not sitting next to a f---ing 3-year-old. I’ve been drinking all day,”

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/22/19 12:20 AM

she was definitely awful...

but I bet that chick is a FREAK thought, right?!

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/22/19 01:59 AM

On NPR tonight they had a segment about “what have we learned from this hoax”

They had some gay journo on

The conclusion was basically Americans are still racist and homophobic so don’t let this little thing dissuade you

Fake news 101

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/22/19 02:43 AM

Posted By: StuAzole

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/22/19 03:11 AM

Hate crime hoax’s what?
Posted By: Leaverite

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/22/19 03:12 AM

They are starting to feel too comfortable.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/22/19 03:16 AM

Smellit sucks, but it's a decent point. How many serious crimes has Trump accused others of committing solely for his personal gain and at the detriment to the entire nation? What's worse, hate crimes or treason?

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/22/19 03:48 AM

Originally Posted By: sizzld1

Smellit sucks, but it's a decent point. How many serious crimes has Trump accused others of committing solely for his personal gain and at the detriment to the entire nation? What's worse, hate crimes or treason?

He once took out a full page add in the NYT calling for the death penalty for 5 minorities wrongfully accused of raping a central park jogger.

Re: Jussie Smollett *** DONE *** - 02/22/19 04:19 AM

Get the fvck out of here. Good lord. The guy is a walking meme.
© 2019 SURFER Magazine Forum | Surf News, Fantasy Surfer, Photos, Video, and Forecasting