Surfer.com

Tear Down This Wall!!!

Posted By: GromsDad

Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 12:24 AM

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/42487...reports-on-wall

San Diego TV station: CNN declined our 'local view' because of reports on wall effectiveness

A San Diego television station on Thursday said that CNN had asked for a "local view" and then "declined to hear from us" after past reports from the station showed that a border wall was effective.

A CNN spokesperson pushed back on KUSI's claim on Friday, calling it a "non story" since the network ultimately didn't book any reporters from stations in the San Diego area.

"We called several local stations to book someone for a show. We didnít end up booking any of them," says a CNN spokesperson in a statement to The Hill. "That happens many times every single day. We did, however, book a reporter from KUSI for a story on immigration and the border wall on CNN in November. This is a non story."

Immigration, the partial government shutdown and President Trump's proposed border wall have all been topics dominating the cable news landscape since the shutdown began three weeks ago.

"Thursday morning, CNN called the KUSI Newsroom asking if one of our reporters could give them a local view of the debate surrounding the border wall and government shutdown," a report by KUSI, an independent station in San Diego that began airing in 1982, begins.

"KUSI offered our own Dan Plante, who has reported dozens of times on the border, including one story from 2016 that was retweeted by former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, and posted on DrudgeReport.com," it continues while linking to a border fence tour report.

"We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work," it concludes. "We have continuously been told by Border Patrol Agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States, and the numbers prove it."

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 12:27 AM

Come on my Southern California friends. Demand that the wall between Mexico and San Diego be torn down! Walls are immoral and they don't work. hal900000 said so.
Posted By: stu dog

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 12:44 AM

anyone in SD actually watch KUSI
Posted By: CharmingSophisticate

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 12:55 AM

Originally Posted By: stu dog
I'm sure somebody does....of course none of the cool people do though.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate
Originally Posted By: stu dog
I'm sure somebody does....of course none of the cool people do though.

ever even heard of it shrug
Posted By: Gnudz

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 01:17 AM

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/42487...reports-on-wall

San Diego TV station: CNN declined our 'local view' because of reports on wall effectiveness

A San Diego television station on Thursday said that CNN had asked for a "local view" and then "declined to hear from us" after past reports from the station showed that a border wall was effective.

A CNN spokesperson pushed back on KUSI's claim on Friday, calling it a "non story" since the network ultimately didn't book any reporters from stations in the San Diego area.

"We called several local stations to book someone for a show. We didnít end up booking any of them," says a CNN spokesperson in a statement to The Hill. "That happens many times every single day. We did, however, book a reporter from KUSI for a story on immigration and the border wall on CNN in November. This is a non story."

Immigration, the partial government shutdown and President Trump's proposed border wall have all been topics dominating the cable news landscape since the shutdown began three weeks ago.

"Thursday morning, CNN called the KUSI Newsroom asking if one of our reporters could give them a local view of the debate surrounding the border wall and government shutdown," a report by KUSI, an independent station in San Diego that began airing in 1982, begins.

"KUSI offered our own Dan Plante, who has reported dozens of times on the border, including one story from 2016 that was retweeted by former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich, and posted on DrudgeReport.com," it continues while linking to a border fence tour report.

"We believe CNN declined a report from KUSI because we informed them that most Border Patrol Agents we have spoken to told us the barrier does in fact work," it concludes. "We have continuously been told by Border Patrol Agents that the barrier along the Southern border helps prevent illegal entries, drugs, and weapons from entering the United States, and the numbers prove it."
Posted By: StuAzole

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 01:20 AM

Walks make sense in highly populated areas. Walls donít make sense in remote uninhabited areas.

Seriously, why would drug cartels spend millions to dig tunnels under the Otay wall if it was actually easy to just drive straight over a few hours inland?

#Commonsense #costbenefit

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
Walks make sense in highly populated areas. Walls donít make sense in remote uninhabited areas.

Seriously, why would drug cartels spend millions to dig tunnels under the Otay wall if it was actually easy to just drive straight over a few hours inland?

it's not "safe" few hours inland. drug cartels have human mules walk the drugs over in the desert areas. the cartels are watching from mountains in the distance. but so are border patrol. it's a matter of man power & technology out there. but the retard base thinks build a big wall in those desert areas and that will solve the problem. you do that and reduce border agents because the wall is going to eat up all of the budget then digging under becomes even more of a problem.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 12:25 PM

Make it a double fence electrified with high voltage in remote areas.
Posted By: sizzld1

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 04:41 PM

foreheadslap
Posted By: GWS

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 04:53 PM

Land mines. In between the first two electrified fences. Before The Wall.

And hunter/killer drones.

What I'd like to know is how does our government know where/how the majority of the illegal drugs come in when they are only intercepting a tiny fraction of the total? Hmmm...

socrazy dancing
Posted By: CharmingSophisticate

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 04:54 PM

It's gotta be the Russians.
Posted By: Kento

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: GWS

What I'd like to know is how does our government know where/how the majority of the illegal drugs come in when they are only intercepting a tiny fraction of the total? Hmmm...

socrazy dancing

Maybe the Border Patrol likes the wall because it gives them more opportunity to collect bribes. hat

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:02 PM

Originally Posted By: sizzld1

foreheadslap

And tunnels.......treat them like you'd treat gophers in your lawn. Flood em out.
Posted By: sizzld1

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:03 PM

socrazy dancing

$5 billion worth of drones, drone pilots, and more border patrol agents would probably be the most effective thing we can do in terms of illegal crossings in non/low populated areas. Way more effective than any reasonable wall we could design and pay for.

Ronnie and Ollie had a pretty good idea where the drugs were coming from...

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:05 PM

Originally Posted By: sizzld1

foreheadslap

And tunnels.......treat them like you'd treat gophers in your lawn. Flood em out.

You and Carl Spackler.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:11 PM

Great minds think alike.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:17 PM

Do you remember the end?

Gopher wins, parties, gets laid (presumably) while Spackler scurries away in disgrace? Meanwhile golf course is closed down for massive repairs.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:31 PM

Danny and Tye for the win!
Posted By: afoaf

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:32 PM

Come on my Southern California friends. Demand that the wall between Mexico and San Diego be torn down! Walls are immoral and they don't work. hal900000 said so.

so you're still making bedwetting threads based on red herrings and straw men...

how unusual!

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:34 PM

Just illustrating the left's flawed logic.
Posted By: GDaddy

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:45 PM

I love the characterization of an "all of the above" choice into an "either-or" choice the no pro-wall advocate has put forth.

A passive barrier that requires less monitoring would free up more active assets to be redirected toward the higher priority targets.

Ask the Border Patrol union whose members are actually doing the work - How about $5B for a wall and $5B for increasing scrutiny of the employers? Let's see what they say.
Posted By: manbearpig

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:51 PM

Youíre not doing a very good job at that.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
I love the characterization of an "all of the above" choice into an "either-or" choice the no pro-wall advocate has put forth.

I love the No Nothing Never evil orangeman of the No Nothing Never hyper partisan sore loser democrats. But Rushhhhha.
Posted By: mundus

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: GDaddy

I love the No Nothing Never evil orangeman of the No Nothing Never hyper partisan sore loser democrats. But Rushhhhha.
Keep defending a criminal scumbag(Trump), just shows you are either amoral or brainwashed.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 06:09 PM

Tell me more about Rushhhhhhhhiaa

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 06:12 PM

Tell me more about Rushhhhhhhhiaa
Ok, Trump has been laundering Russian money and kissing up to them for decades, Like I said to have no problem with a President doing these things you are either amoral or brainwashed.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 06:14 PM

Do you believe that 911 was an inside job too? Very fascinating. Tell me more.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 06:17 PM

Do you believe that 911 was an inside job too? Very fascinating. Tell me more.
Sorry bud, there is tons of evidence for my statements, Don jr even admitted it FFS! Does it bother you at all that Don the Con was screaming no contacts with Russia while negotiating for Trump tower Moscow?

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 06:37 PM

Not even a tiny bit.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 06:40 PM

Who besides a cult follower would have no problem being lied to?

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 06:44 PM

did anyone say that we should tear down the physical border barriers
that exist in parts of San Diego and Imperial county?

is there a contiguous barrier currently in place across the southern
interfaces of these two counties and the country of Mexico?

I don't really understand what you're arguing about or against here.
Posted By: Uberkuque

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/12/19 08:00 PM

Walls work in SD, Nogales, and other cities with immediate crossings. We donít need them way out in censored Egypt where a fraction of the illegals go through. Simply not an efficient use of money resources or effort.

Yet that is what Repubs want. Itís pure sentiment, with no backing in fact or science.

Instead of adding 1000 miles of wall over the freaking hinterlands letís reinforce current ones, build new ones over identified traffic corridors not currently walled, and escalate monitoring/interdiction etc. is that even on the table, for Trump? Idiot as I think he is, likely not.
Posted By: 1whoknows

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/13/19 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: mundus

This

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/13/19 02:32 AM

Originally Posted By: 1whoknows

This

Would you like a list of lies from a cult leader?

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/13/19 03:00 AM

This

Yes, since youíre offering. 10 lies. Letís hear Ďem.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/13/19 03:08 AM

you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan!

derp derp

incomparable...
Posted By: Gnudz

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/13/19 03:59 AM

This

You cannot call Obama, or almost anyone for that matter, a liar while you defend Trump.

Trump is the most dishonest President of my lifetime, if not of all time.

That you can't (won't?) see that is just more proof of your complete stupidity.

*Unless of course you are the troll that many here believe you to be for the simple fact that nobody could actually be as stupid as you present yourself to be.
Posted By: Uberkuque

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/13/19 04:07 AM

Not even a tiny bit.

The stupid... is insufferable
Posted By: Norm'

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 05:34 PM

Strategic measures, not a moronic 2000 mile long, money sucking wall.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 05:43 PM

How will Trump acquire the necessary land in Texas for this wall?

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 05:49 PM

So this morning NBC network news is reporting that newest polls show support for THE WALL rising?

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 05:53 PM

So this morning NBC network news is reporting that newest polls show support for THE WALL rising?

Nope. Nowhere in top stories on NBC news. Perhaps you have a link. Today is January 14, 2019.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 05:59 PM

Nope. Nowhere in top stories on NBC news. Perhaps you have a link. Today is January 14, 2019.

This is probably it...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/support-for-trumps-wall-reaches-all-time-high-poll

Still pretty far for compelling, but Trumpy is doing his best to push the opinion.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 06:07 PM

My bad.

It was George Stephanopoulos on ABC. Not NBC. Just came over the TV on the news again behind me.

So, yup.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 06:23 PM

Build the wall then. $200-$300 Billion. No worries. Itís all good. Thanks.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 06:33 PM

It's simply a Trump supporter versus Trump non-supporter issue at this point.

It would be awesome if someone if the fooking government could articulate a plan that allows the current wall/fences to be improved and additional areas of necessity fortified, but then filled in the blanks for the rest with more agents, better technology etc.

Even if they gave Trump $100B, it's not possible to build a wall from SD to the gulf coast. It's just not. This whole thing is like arguing whether Trump should get money to start strategic mining operations on Pluto.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 06:37 PM

Build the wall then. $200-$300 Billion. No worries. Itís all good. Thanks.

You are seriously a reactive twit sometimes.

I think the wall is a really inefficient use of $$$$$$. Stated that numerous times now. poke

All I gave you with my above post was information.

I just did the equivalent of telling you it is raining outside. You then, of course, did the equivalent of blaming me for the rain.

I'm not making it rain.

I'm not advocating for the wall.

All I did was relay some information.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 06:44 PM

NBC does report that a picture of an egg, a brown chicken egg, is super popular on Instagram. 12 million likes or something like that.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 06:50 PM

NBC does report that a picture of an egg, a brown chicken egg, is super popular on Instagram. 12 million likes or something like that.

But now a potato and an eggplant are trying to steal that attention. True story.

Re: Tear Down This Wall!!! - 01/14/19 07:00 PM

Stupid mainstream media and their fake news.
© 2019 SURFER Magazine Forum | Surf News, Fantasy Surfer, Photos, Video, and Forecasting