Surfer.com

Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds.....

Posted By: hal9000

Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 12:54 AM

Trump will use this platform to spew propaganda but it won't advance his agenda. He's becoming smaller and smaller by the day. SAD.
Posted By: frvcvs

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 01:23 AM

But it will keep us talking about the wall/immigration for another news cycle and not other Trump scandals.
Posted By: everysurfr

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 01:36 AM

And no matter how childish the speech, GromsDads will start 3 posts about it by noon tomorrow.
Posted By: GromsDad

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: hal9000
Trump will use this platform to spew propaganda but it won't advance his agenda. He's becoming smaller and smaller by the day. SAD.

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 01:52 AM

Originally Posted By: everysurfr
And no matter how childish the speech, GromsDads will start 3 posts about it by noon tomorrow.

Odds are I won't start any. I won't have to. Hal already started this one and will probably have a couple more by morning.
Posted By: StuAzole

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 02:31 AM

Low energy, lots of sniffing. Iím convinced.
Posted By: GDaddy

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 02:37 AM

What I dislike the most of these speeches are the choreographed aspects. It's like watching soccer or basketball players theatrically flop for the referees to draw the foul.
Posted By: 1whoknows

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 02:59 AM

He implored Congress to think of the families of Americans murdered by illegal immigrants, without quantifying the figure.

Evil man
Posted By: 1whoknows

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 03:00 AM

"I have met with dozens of families whose loved ones were stolen by illegal immigrants. I have held the hands of the mothers and embraced the grief stricken fathers," he said. "I will never forget the pain in their eyes, the tremble in their voices, and the sadness gripping their souls. How much more American blood must we shed before congress does it's job?"

Immoral demagogue
Posted By: NDG80

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: 1whoknows
"I have met with dozens of families whose loved ones were stolen by illegal immigrants. I have held the hands of the mothers and embraced the grief stricken fathers," he said. "I will never forget the pain in their eyes, the tremble in their voices, and the sadness gripping their souls. How much more American blood must we shed before congress does it's job?"

Immoral demagogue

I love how our pres has the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader. Didn't know teleprompters went that slow.
Posted By: stu dog

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 03:21 AM

Originally Posted By: NDG80

Immoral demagogue

I love how our pres has the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader. Didn't know teleprompters went that slow.

another Stephen Miller fear laced piece of dog poop speech
Posted By: everysurfr

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Originally Posted By: everysurfr

Odds are I won't start any. I won't have to. Hal already started this one and will probably have a couple more by morning.

I'm holding you to that.
Posted By: NDG80

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 03:25 AM

oh well, dude can spew any lie he wants out there, doesn't look the democrats are budging for now.

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 05:27 AM

just like the tax cut, Cheeto blew his wad with this stunt. now only 20% of the country is going to believe him if an actual national emergency occurs and he has to address the nation.

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 11:54 AM

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 12:00 PM

Using Chuck and Nancy for a joint rebuttal was a huge unforced error on the part of the democrats. Hopefully we can all agree on that from a tactical standpoint.
Posted By: Buoy_maker

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 12:55 PM

Using Chuck and Nancy for a joint rebuttal was a huge unforced error on the part of the democrats. Hopefully we can all agree on that from a tactical standpoint.

The whole time I watched those two I thought i canít wait for the South Park episode of them.

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 02:06 PM

The best and brightest minds in the democrat party decided it was a good idea to have these two corpses take to the airwaves to give a canned rebuttal to the president's address. Stop and consider that.

I'm no paid political strategist but even I could have told them that was going to be a mistake. Use pretty much anyone else in the democrat party for your rebuttal. Put one of them up there solo even. The optics of those two up there looking like that while making partisan attacks against the president. Wow. Just wow.

Brings to mind this epic unforced error.

Posted By: Duffy

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 02:15 PM

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 04:27 PM

Both "speeches" were terrible. Dems would have better off getting on camera and saying "yep, you heard that correctly, that's all he has" and dropping the mic.

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 05:22 PM

Another manufactured "crisis"

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
Low energy, lots of sniffing. Iím convinced.

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 05:31 PM

He didn't offer any new arguments or evidence , didn't try to engage or persuade democrats, didn't declare an emergency, didn't lay out any policy objectives. So, what was the point of that speech?

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 05:46 PM

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 06:02 PM

He didn't offer any new arguments or evidence , didn't try to engage or persuade democrats, didn't declare an emergency, didn't lay out any policy objectives. So, what was the point of that speech?

Amateurs playing government. We're so fucked long term due to Team Cheeto

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 06:26 PM

No new unforced errors. No new opportunities for feigned outrage from his opposition. But also no walk-backs that would have pissed off his base.

If he couldn't just skip the speech altogether this might have been the next best thing.

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 06:38 PM

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
No new unforced errors. No new opportunities for feigned outrage from his opposition. But also no walk-backs that would have pissed off his base.

If he couldn't just skip the speech altogether this might have been the next best thing.

It's a low bar when "no new unforced errors" is deemed a successful outing for the President.

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 06:45 PM

shrug Trump obviously wants to operate on terms that are more favorable to him and to limit his opposition's opportunities to directly contradict him in real time.
Posted By: jkb

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 10:55 PM

Immoral demagogue

Bleeding heart conservatives.
Posted By: mundus

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/09/19 11:00 PM

Not a worry in the world about the people who are not getting paid.

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 12:04 AM

Shit. How many phony made up crises have the democrats made up over and over and over again in their efforts to steal liberty from law abiding citizens, grow the government and grab more power. Everything is a crisis if you listen to democrats.......just give them more power and give up more freedom.
Posted By: mundus

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 12:10 AM

Sweet unhinged rant.

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 01:49 AM

Shit. How many phony made up crises have the democrats made up over and over and over again in their efforts to steal liberty from law abiding citizens, grow the government and grab more power. Everything is a crisis if you listen to democrats.......just give them more power and give up more freedom.

Yeah. Like that Democrat who passed the Patriot Act.

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 11:27 AM

Before you post something that stupid you might want to read up on it.

The USA PATRIOT Act is an Act of Congress signed into law by United States President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001.

Passed the House on October 24, 2001 (Yeas: 357; Nays: 66)
Passed the Senate on October 25, 2001 (Yeas: 98; Nays: 1)
Posted By: manbearpig

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 11:57 AM

Which was passed with near unanimous approval from republicans and widely opposed by democrats.

Not to mention it was pushed by the swampiest creature of them all, Cheney who was republics. A good rule of thumb is to oppose anything that cuck is pushing, that should be bi partisan.

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 12:05 PM

Widely opposed by nobody in the swamp really.....

Passed the House on October 24, 2001 (Yeas: 357; Nays: 66)
Passed the Senate on October 25, 2001 (Yeas: 98; Nays: 1)
Posted By: casa_mugrienta

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: manbearpig
Which was passed with near unanimous approval from republicans and widely opposed by democrats.

Time and again you show you have no idea what the fook you're talking about.

Like now.

This is what we've been trying to tell you.
Posted By: BillyOcean

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 03:24 PM

Uniparty

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 04:20 PM

66% of Americans blame Trump for the shutdown.

Rather than digging a trench for the wall, he should start digging out of that hole he's in.
Posted By: Gnudz

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 05:28 PM

If you think the wall will do what Trumps says it will, you are an idiot.

Those that have joined the Trump cult wonít be leaving any time soon.

Any rational person was not swayed by Trumps lackluster reading of Stephen ďMein KampfĒ Millerís latest screed.
Posted By: manbearpig

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta
Originally Posted By: manbearpig

Time and again you show you have no idea what the fook you're talking about.

Like now.

This is what we've been trying to tell you.

I actually misread a source re the votes. So I have no problem conceding I was wrong.

You should listen to yourself in regards to the rest of your blabber. Although itís way more humorous to see you ironically try to pretend to be not only the moral compass but the credibility compass of this heap. roflmao

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 05:55 PM

yeah steel slates will do the job trout

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: stu dog

yeah steel slates will do the job trout

LOL, was just going to post that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigra...e-sawed-n956856
Posted By: sizzld1

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 06:32 PM

Looks like Trump's wall has almost as many holes as GromsDad's logic. dancing
Posted By: Norm'

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 07:01 PM

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/10/19 07:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Norm'
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yQJT_wi2djg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whatever Cheeto says there's ALWAYS previous video/twitter evidence of him saying the complete opposite. Why haven't people learned yet that he's a complete 100% liar and fraud.
Posted By: Kento

Re: Bold prediction: The oval office speech will not change any minds..... - 01/11/19 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: stu dog
Originally Posted By: Norm'
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yQJT_wi2djg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Whatever Cheeto says there's ALWAYS previous video/twitter evidence of him saying the complete opposite. Why haven't people learned yet that he's a complete 100% liar and fraud.

For the same reason people send money to televangelists.

Speaking of which, next time Trump has one of his fund-raising drives, someone needs to hack his tweet and overlay Suicidal Tendencies' Send Me Your Money.
© 2019 SURFER Magazine Forum | Surf News, Fantasy Surfer, Photos, Video, and Forecasting