Surfer.com

salina cruz camp? going solo.

Posted By: CutnSnip

salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/12/19 07:09 PM

Wondering if anyone can recommend a camp in this area.Looks like there area few ll offering similiar setups. Looking for basically all inclusive for just myself for 5 or 6 nights. Is it even possible for the camps to take you in solo and get your own room?

Thanks.
Posted By: silentbutdeadly

Re: salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/12/19 09:08 PM

Only have experience with Conejo and I think it's definitely on the high end price wise but I had zero complaints. Going back next year.

Re: salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/13/19 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: silentbutdeadly
Only have experience with Conejo and I think it's definitely on the high end price wise but I had zero complaints. Going back next year.

thanks! that was one of the places I was looking at. Just sent them an inquiry.

will probably pay even more of a premium because I am traveling solo but its all good.
Posted By: acnjusa

Re: salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/15/19 09:58 AM

tell us of your experience.
I'm considering the same trip.

Re: salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/15/19 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: acnjusa
tell us of your experience.
I'm considering the same trip.

been in touch with a couple of the camps in the area. So far its seems like its a little tricky being solo and wanting a private room since space is limited.

Punta Conejo is supposed to be getting back to me, so we'll see what happens. Not too keen on sharing a room with a random person at this point in my life. Maybe in my 20's.
Posted By: acnjusa

Re: salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/15/19 07:42 PM

When younger I did Hostels.
I dont do that anymore.

Re: salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/16/19 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: acnjusa
When younger I did Hostels.
I dont do that anymore.

Yea dont need much in terms of amenities but privacy goes along way.

Someone form perfect travel is helping me out. Said I may to have switch rooms halfway through which is fine by me. hope this works out.

Re: salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/20/19 04:10 AM

only could secure a couple nights in a private room so I opted out. Going to head down to CR instead and save this trip for when the stars align and the homies can join.
Posted By: 46dNorth

Re: salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/20/19 07:50 PM

I went to Las Palmeras solo two years ago and am returning solo. Having been to other camps, I found solo to actually be easier and more enjoyable. Being solo was easy and for most of the time I was in a room all to myself. A few nights with others, but honestly, I was so tired, sunned, and surfed that any associated inconvenience was hardly noticeable.
I/my vehicle group met others from other camps. They paid half the Las Palmeras rate, but 100% of them said they'd rather have paid more for the convenience of: 1. having guides that surf and put in extra effort to find better surf; 2. having guides check the forecast and make recommendations rather than expecting the surfer(s) to determine the best spot; 3. pack food, water, and tent/canvas shelter rather than crowding in a hot SUV.
Note: I have absolutely no affiliation with Las Palmeras. But they treated me wonderfully as a solo and their preparation was the best of the lot.
~North
Posted By: silentbutdeadly

Re: salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/21/19 12:20 AM

People I talked to from Palmeras seemed really pleased. Josh was there when we were down and had some eye candy with him. He was really cool to talk to .

I am so glad I sprung for conejo. The resort on the water with a nice pool, bar, and cool people were all well worth the money.

Re: salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/22/19 02:30 AM

thanks for the info - sounds rad and will definitely keep in mind for next year.

Pretty bummed that it couldnt come together this year but my time off sorta came together last minute and I definitely need some privacy and peace and quiet after a day of nonstop surf. Content with CR for this trip - I know there will always be something to surf down there somewhere and ive got it pretty dialed and have had a few really great solo trips.

If only the GF was cool with sitting on a beach all day while i surf.. she is not.
Posted By: fishtank

Re: salina cruz camp? going solo. - 03/23/19 04:09 AM

went once and it was lame. sand was bad at the points, maybe too early in the season (mid-late april). cut the trip short. oh well, live and learn. best to do a strike mission and get the 411 before pulling the trigger. had the worst sunburn, be sure to use protection or you gon get cooked.
© 2019 SURFER Magazine Forum | Surf News, Fantasy Surfer, Photos, Video, and Forecasting