Surfer.com

WTB: Neumatic Surfmat

Posted By: CJSB

WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 01/20/15 02:04 AM

Anyone have an Neumatic surf mat laying around they want to sell...PM me.
Posted By: walrus

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 01/20/15 10:51 PM

Me too! Come on I know Dale made a bunch that rant getting in the water......let's see them, and put to use.......
Posted By: tenover

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 01/23/15 06:44 PM

I have one. Dale custom made it for me, so it has my name on it. Black with orange stripes down the side. Wasn't going to sell it, but I guess I would if the price was right.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 01/24/15 01:05 AM

You can get a brand new 4GF for about $200. They are awesome mats too.....

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 01/24/15 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By: tenover
I have one. Dale custom made it for me, so it has my name on it. Black with orange stripes down the side. Wasn't going to sell it, but I guess I would if the price was right.

Message sent.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 01/25/15 04:06 PM

cJ did you get that one? My turn next?
Posted By: Paintballs

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 01/26/15 02:50 AM

Let's c a picture. I want to know what it looks like. Thanks

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 01/26/15 03:38 AM

Lol....its just a mat. I'm not really looking to sell it, but seeing as you can't get them anymore, and I don't use it much, I would sell it if someone offered me the right price(which is probably NOT going to happen, and I'm happy to keep it). I had it custom made, so its got my name on it, and its had 10-15 sessions Max. Still have the nylon bag and repair kit that it came with.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 01/26/15 04:39 AM

No, I passed based solely on price...go ahead and go after tenover's Neumatic.

I'm not looking or a collectors item, just one of Dale's mats to surf.

Still looking...

Edit: I know Paul Gross makes good mats, I have a few...just looking for a Neumatic.
Posted By: littlewave

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 01/26/15 05:59 PM

Good luck finding one. I ordered one from Dale 5 years ago, paid in full, and never received it. Lesson learned.

I now own two 4th gear flyers, and cannot speak highly enough of Paul and his workmanship. Very fun craft.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 02/09/15 05:26 AM

Bump, still looking.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 04/06/15 03:57 PM

bump

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 11/24/15 06:24 PM

Bump.
Posted By: LESider

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 11/29/15 03:41 AM

If you are really looking for a Neumatic type of mat I would just get a G-Mat from Graeme Webster, really well made and a fresh take on the Neumatic type of mat. I rode the white one that he has going around and it was very similar to my Neumatic Contrail, I have two of Dales mats and a few 4th gears but I'm really looking forward to getting a G Mat when my name comes up on the list.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/02/15 04:19 PM

Originally Posted By: LESider
If you are really looking for a Neumatic type of mat I would just get a G-Mat from Graeme Webster, really well made and a fresh take on the Neumatic type of mat. I rode the white one that he has going around and it was very similar to my Neumatic Contrail, I have two of Dales mats and a few 4th gears but I'm really looking forward to getting a G Mat when my name comes up on the list.

I have a G Mat, still looking for a Neumatic...want to get rid of one of yours?
Posted By: GWS

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/02/15 04:27 PM

I have a Dale Solomonson I'll sell.

PM me and make an offer.
Posted By: SURFFOILS

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/02/15 07:58 PM

GWS, pm sent.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/02/15 08:18 PM

Let me figure it out. I actually have two of Dales mats. One was made for me at 200 pounds and the other was made for someone at about 175 pounds. I'm in Ventura. I don't even remember what I paid for them. The 200 pounder one was used about ten times. The 175 pound one was used about 5. Give me a day or so and I will have pictures and I'll figure out what I think I need to part with them.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/02/15 08:53 PM

^^ Cool, let me know.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/03/15 01:05 AM

GWS , put me into the line for the larger one, I want to give as a gift. Dale made me mine quite a while ago and it always stuns me with it's sheer top end speed......in a different class

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/03/15 08:56 PM

OK, I have one Paul Gross I am willing to let go that I found. Lightly used. I'm going with under ten times. Got a bigger one to take it's place. I believe I still have one of Dale's mats stashed on my boat. I have to get down to the dock and find it. That one belonged to my father and was probably used five times. I'll try and have pictures up by tomorrow.
Posted By: LESider

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/03/15 11:12 PM

GWS I still ride the one I got from you, it's my favorite for big not so hollow waves. It was the one made for you so I think you only have your dads left.
Thanks again!

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/04/15 12:08 AM

You're right. I figured that out/remembered this AM. By way of explanation, I don't know how many surfboards I own. I have a room upstairs that is packed. More at the shop. More at my father's house. I need a census. It's a sick thing.

So I have the Paul Gross that I am willing to let go, one that is newer/larger that I am not, and the smaller one from Dale that is down on the boat that I am also willing to let go.

My wife's cat got sick.

Cost me $1,000 bucks and I have a board in glassing. Need money.

I have to sell a couple of boards as well...

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/04/15 03:15 AM

^let me know about the Dale. Thanks GWS.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/04/15 09:49 AM

Always keen to buy any or all of Dales mats. I've had to resort to making my own due to money shortages but I can scrape up the cash for a real Neumatic if it's available.
Posted By: littlewave

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/04/15 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: GWS
I have to sell a couple of boards as well...

Let's chat... batman

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/04/15 07:13 PM

Sigh. Hard pressed for time. Went by the boat and did a cursory search. Found the bag for the Dale mat, but not the mat. Not a good sign, but it's a 65 foot boat, so I'll make a more thorough search later. I still have the mint Paul Gross mat. This was an earlier one and somewhat different from what he is producing now. I'll try to get pictures up this weekend. I'm thinking $150.00

Then I have an 8'4" Aipa gun/suicide machine. 19 1/4" X 2 7/8" Hand shaped in '94. Sunset board. Last ridden the El Nino year when the coast highway got wiped out. In the garage since. Clear, glass on fins. Somewhere I have a picture of me on a triple overhead barrel on the thing. T-band stringer. Board was vetted in serious waves. It's dependable when it matters. No dings. Yellowed a bit. Deck dents where my feet go. 300.00 OBOB

Then there is a 6'8" MC Bonzer step up type board. EPS/Epoxy. FCS side fins. Green spray. Ridden three times. I just don't like EPS. Got to figure the price on that one.

Possibly another 5'11" Bonzer that I am thinking of. Pics to come. Try and get that up this weekend.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/06/15 10:40 AM

I've got a PG and a Krypt that were both gifts so I'm most grateful to the people who gave them to me. Dales Neumatics seem to be the originals from which the others were made so If you've got a good quality Dale Neumatic I'd pay $500 for it no problems.
Posted By: Ch-ch-ch-cheeeeeto

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/08/15 03:14 AM

GWS - I'll be in Ventucky for Xmas. If nobody buys the mats by then, can I ride one? I promise to take it to C-Street and drop in on the longboarder/young wannabe pro of your choice.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/08/15 03:46 PM

This thread took an interesting turn....I was looking to get a mat to give as a gift.......now I see the demand for Dales efforts........who would have thought that a "black trash bag full of air"<-------what friends in the line up call my mat. Would pull down $500 offers?

That said GWS how goes the search and what was that other mat you have? Any ideas of $$, and such?
Posted By: proneman

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/08/15 05:21 PM

http://surfmatters.blogspot.com/

PG has a Chrissy sale going

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/08/15 11:35 PM

Walrus, certainly $500 if the mats in good condition.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 12/09/15 05:02 PM

So I better take good care of my investment quality Dale? That said I just got a fourth gear flyer.....

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 05/25/16 11:08 PM

my search continues, bump.
Posted By: Mr Doof

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 05/25/16 11:26 PM

What are you hoping to pay?

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 05/26/16 04:00 PM

^^ Whatever the seller expects it worth.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 02/21/18 10:39 PM

Still looking. PM me if you have one.
Posted By: airboy808

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 03/10/18 06:43 PM

Took a while for me to score mine. Got lucky. A day before my birthday someone responded to my WTB Neumatic mat and offered up a near new one for sale. Ironically I got the email right after coming out of the water without my krypt mat. Lost my krypt into the rocks. Couldn’t get it due to tide. Came back next day at low tide grabbed my krypt and sent Paypal payment for neumatic on my bday.

Guess just tying to say keep looking and it seems that a neumatic will pop up at the most unforeseen times.
Posted By: surf cat

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 03/10/18 11:10 PM

check your PM's wave2

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 03/14/18 09:55 PM

^^ Replied.

Re: WTB: Neumatic Surfmat - 02/19/19 06:57 PM

bump
© 2019 SURFER Magazine Forum | Surf News, Fantasy Surfer, Photos, Video, and Forecasting