Surfer.com

Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court?

Posted By: casa_mugrienta

Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 12:04 AM

Cop says I rolled it.

I didn't roll it.

I have photos showing from where the cop was parked he can only see the very corner of the line. A wall is otherwise blocking his view.

Occurred in Del Mar
Cop was lurking way back on 27th (west side of Camino Del Mar) as I was going south.:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Del+Ma...!4d-117.2653146

I have previously fought tickets before in court and won but I hear a stop sign is impossible. (?)
Posted By: rts265

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 12:06 AM

do trial by declaration first - you write your side and mail it in

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: rts265

Why write over making an appearance?
Posted By: ocean7847

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 12:28 AM

You're going to lose.

Did I save you some time?

Just go in, ask for a reduced fine, and plea for mercy from the Court - the traffic commissioners will usually hook it up (in my JX anyway). They much prefer that to the kind of argument are you bringing to the table.
Posted By: 000

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 12:45 AM

MR. Ticket will fight it for u for $100
Posted By: BillyOcean

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 01:23 AM

How much is the ticket?

How much is your time worth?
Posted By: LogHauler

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 01:25 AM

I fought a speeding ticket in Washington state many years ago. I was clocked by an airplane and cited by a trooper. The trooper showed up in court but no one that was in the airplane did. I asked the trooper if he had personally clocked me speeding. He replied, "no". I asked to face my accuser, (the pilot), but he was not in court. The trooper produced a signed affidavit from the pilot. It was nothing but a form letter with a few blanks filled in.

Verdict: Guilty

So much for the 6th amendment.
Posted By: silentbutdeadly

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 01:39 AM

Anywhere else I would say fight it. Del Mar don't waste your time. That fooker is gonna show up.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 02:20 AM

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta

Save time. If you lose I think you can still go to court. Youll want to verify that.
Posted By: sd_101

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 02:47 AM

Save time. If you lose I think you can still go to court. Youll want to verify that.

Thatís my understanding. Gives you a chance at the end to go in front of a judge and beg for mercy.

Some physics guy famously got out of a ticket using ocular occlusion as an argument. Look it up. Maybe the geometry was the same if youíre lucky.
Posted By: keenfish

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 03:11 AM

Pay the fine and move on.

Who has the time to go to court and who would want to anyway?
Posted By: ifallalot

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 11:10 AM

Buy a traffic lawyer for like $150. I'm doing that with a red light ticket right now
Posted By: Retropete

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: sd_101

Thatís my understanding. Gives you a chance at the end to go in front of a judge and beg for mercy.

Some physics guy famously got out of a ticket using ocular occlusion as an argument. Look it up. Maybe the geometry was the same if youíre lucky.

Get Bohter on your case...I bet he could dazzle the judge with hours of photographic evidence showing the abberation that caused the officer to totally misjudge the situation.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/12/19 01:55 PM

Originally Posted By: keenfish
Pay the fine and move on.

Who has the time to go to court and who would want to anyway?

Who has the money to drop $300 on a stop sign ticket?
Posted By: ZanderZ

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 05:20 AM

Donít bother fighting it in that North County court where youíll end up. I got popped by the sheriff for doing the same in Del Mar, but on the south side of town. I didnít think I did it, was cool with the cop, and he must have felt in the wrong and told me to show up and he would remember me and Would say something so the judge would be lenient. I did exactly what Johnny Law told me to. Judge didnít give two hoots, so I threw the cop under the bus to the judge and said itís kind of a waste of everyoneís time for him to be telling people that. I would have just paid the ticket like all others and not spent a couple hours in that place. The judge laid into the cop a bit and he admitted he told me as much. I sat through a handful of legit cases that should have had leniency or overturned and no faks were given. On the other hand, if you do something south of Del Mar and end up in the Clairmont court, fight it. Iíve seen a judge be lenient with every damn case (about 30 I sat through). Completely empathetic down there. North County was a complete 180. Not sure if it was judge specific or locale. Pay up smile

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 01:46 PM

What a racket.

It's Vista where I'm supposed to show, so thanks for the insight.
Posted By: silentbutdeadly

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 01:56 PM

Posted By: JEwing

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 04:39 PM

8 years ago I got a red light camera ticket for being.04 seconds late on my right turn. Mira Mesa Blvd. turning into that big shopping center next to I-15. I decided to fight it. When I showed up at the Clairemont Mesa court some deputy called me in a room and told me if I pleaded guilty to him before the trial I would only have to pay half the fine. I refused and my case was the last one to be heard. The judge looked at the evidence and tossed it out. The deputy scowled at me as I was leaving the courtroom.
Posted By: FecalFace

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 04:52 PM

Right on, cops give tickets to people who DEFINITELY stopped at the stop sign. roflmao

It's funny how nobody ever did it.

Man up and pay the $300

Next time stop at the stop sign.

Full disclosure: I think stop signs are stupid, waste of gas and brake pads. Every single intersection should have a roundabout.

Posted By: Norm'

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 05:39 PM

Posted By: ifallalot

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 05:51 PM

Were you in a car or on a bicycle? We need to know in order to determine guilt
Posted By: Sharkbiscuit

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 05:55 PM

Originally Posted By: FecalFace

Full disclosure: I think stop signs are stupid, waste of gas and brake pads. Every single intersection should have a roundabout.

Possibly for places with an average IQ in the double digits, but Florida would turn into gridlock and people would be starving to death waiting to get through those things. It'd look like after the pandemic in The Stand with all the skeletons hanging out of their cars and shit.
Posted By: surf cat

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 06:01 PM

foreheadslap Where I live no one seems to care about the the law.

once I only stoped a stop sign and almost caused a three car collision foreheadslap

Since when did stop signs turned in to only a suggestion ?

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Sharkbiscuit

Possibly for places with an average IQ in the double digits, but Florida would turn into gridlock and people would be starving to death waiting to get through those things. It'd look like after the pandemic in The Stand with all the skeletons hanging out of their cars and shit.

All you need to do is start an education campaign to teach people that YIELD doesn't mean STOP.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:01 PM

Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Were you in a car or on a bicycle? We need to know in order to determine guilt

Right? LOL

Faecal brags about blowing stop signs on the regular.

Then comes here to wag a finger about... stop signs.

And he's still trying to figure out why he's the erBB leper. roflmao

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:04 PM

he hates america. roundabouts are prevalent in other countries/continents.
Posted By: Joshua2415

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:06 PM

All you need to do is start an education campaign to teach people that YIELD doesn't mean STOP.

A cop stops a man for running a stop sign and the subject gives the cop a lot of grief explaining that he did stop. After several minutes, the cop explained to the gentleman that he didn't stop, he just slowed down a little. The gentleman said 'Stop or slow down, what's the difference?'. The cop pulled the guy out of the car and worked him over for about a minute and then said, 'Would you like for me to stop or slow down?'

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:09 PM

There's a series of small roundabouts through Bird Rock.

25%-50% of the drivers have no idea how to negotiate them.

This puzzles me as they are only as complicated as the YIELD sign that's there right in front of their face at every roundabout.

The whole zone is a personal injury attorney's dream. I'm serious. Guaranteed money in 5 minutes or less for any interested party.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:10 PM

That's only half of the problem.

The other education campaign should be "YIELD means "YIELD".

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:14 PM

"I brag"? roflmao

You lie so well.

When bicycle kills a pedestrian or another cyclist, let me know.

Pay your fine for blowing a stop sign and STFU.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:21 PM

people use turn signals even less in roundabouts

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:27 PM

first hit on google:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08...-fighting-life/

bikes are not special unicorns. I've almost been nailed (as a pedestrian) many times by above-the-law bikers crossing the 101. Usually the light just turned, and the pedestrians just starting to walk, and then WOOOOOSH dumbass on aerobars flies by at 25mph.

I was actually hit (albeit by a hipster at 5mph) by a bike over the holidays. Dumbass thought she could frogger through the pedestrians in the cross walk as opposed to yielding for her right turn. Target fixation can be a challenge for some.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:32 PM

"I brag"? roflmao

You lie so well.

Pay your fine for blowing a stop sign and STFU.

Stop sign wasn't blown.

And if it had been blown he couldn't have seen it. Unless he had xray vision.

It was the 29th of the month. I dined on an outside patio after my ticket and observed his behavior. Driving up and down the street through Del Mar making his quota.

You've scoffed here many times about stopping at stop signs on your bike. shrug

When cyclists like you stop running stop signs and obeying the laws that apply to them...like stopping at stop signs...maybe they'll get more respect. blush

Until then, eat shit. smile
Posted By: jkb

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:34 PM

first hit on google:

bikes are not special unicorns. I've almost be nailed (as a pedestrian) many times by above-the-law bikers crossing the 101. Usually the light just turned, and the pedestrians just starting to walk, and then WOOOOOSH dumbass on aerobars flies by at 25mph.

I was actually hit (albeit by a hipster at 5mph) by a bike over the holidays. Dumbass thought she could mow through the pedestrains in the cross walk as opposed to yielding for her right turn. Target fixation can challenge for some.

My kid in a stroller was almost mowed over by a cyclist in this exact same scenario. All the cars stopped at the light, but this cyclist felt the law didn't apply to him, so he just raced through the light, having to swerve quickly out of the way to miss us.....so much so that he almost crashed.

I yelled at him for being a complete dipshit and he didn't even have the decency to look back. Coward.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:35 PM

first hit on google:

Isolated incident =/= trend

Next dummy.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:43 PM

This is actually pretty easy to find dickhead bikers who hit pedestrians.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4343595/fatal-cyclist-pedestrian-collision/

Google isn't difficult to use and this isn't the politics discussion. Higher IQ's over in these parts. Go back to your low hanging fruit.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 07:52 PM

Quote:

To put it statistically, New York Cityís Department of Transportation recorded three hundred and nine crashes between bicyclists and pedestrians in 2013, an increase of more than twenty-five per cent from the two hundred and forty-three such collisions in 2012. Yet enforcement seems to have largely declined in recent years. According to N.Y.P.D. data cited in the Daily News, the police issued 11,442 summonses to bikers between January and May of 2013, under Mayor Bloomberg, but only 3,269 in those same months of 2014, with Bill de Blasio in office. The de Blasio administration did launch a ticketing blitz, Operation Safe Cycle, in August, but it lasted for just two weeks. Though the _Times _recently reported that more than three times as many moving violations have been issued to bikers in Central Park in 2014 as in the same period in 2013, these efforts are plainly insufficient.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/bicycle-crash-kills-another-pedestrian-central-park

isolated, riiiiight? next you'll try to argue the proportion of bikers getting hit by motorists justifies the behavior.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 08:07 PM

Google isn't difficult to use and this isn't the politics discussion. Higher IQ's over in these parts. Go back to your low hanging fruit.

Citing New York as an example of bike accidents is pretty disingenuous, for one.

Secondly, you digging isolated examples of bikes being danger to pedestrians doesn't change the laws of physics.

Being hit by a 25lbs bicycle and 4000lbs car is not the fvcking same and never will be.

Suck it.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 08:15 PM

nothing to suck. your logic makes no sense. you're reaching for excuses to justify your cause.

if a 25lbs bike kills you, why does it matter it's only 25lbs? Maybe you keep your limbs attached and maybe your shoes stay on, but you're still dead. open casket vs closed is still an option?

you asked for an example and I gave them. I don't care if it's new york, san francisco, or san diego. convenient refinement of your acceptance criteria.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 08:39 PM

There's no trend of bicyclists killing pedestrians or drivers en masse.

It doesn't exist.

4000lbs > 25lbs

Just quit. foreheadslap

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 08:40 PM

Citing New York as an example of bike accidents is pretty disingenuous, for one.

Secondly, you digging isolated examples of bikes being danger to pedestrians doesn't change the laws of physics.

Being hit by a 25lbs bicycle and 4000lbs car is not the fvcking same and never will be.

Suck it.

Tell that to jkb's kid.

And eat a second helping of shit while you're at it.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 08:58 PM

So now your argument is ďen masseĒ. Earlier you were asking for a single event.

How much force is required for brain injury to occur? Your argument regarding conservation of energy is moot here as a bike can easily exceed the threshold to cause a traumatic brain injury while going 30mph.

http://www.internationalbrain.org/examin...brain-stresses/

Keep justifying your cause, man.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 09:04 PM

I said there's no epidemic of people dying from being hit by bikes like there's with cars.

That's a fact.

It just doesn't happen often, no matter how many dummy links you post.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 09:17 PM

I said there's no epidemic of people dying from being hit by bikes like there's with cars.

That's a fact.

Are there more bikes than cars on the road?

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 09:19 PM

Remember when I said youíd shift your argument to the proportion of bikers being hit by motorists vs pedestrians hit by bikers?

You just did it.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 09:23 PM

That's a fact.

Are there more bikes than cars on the road?

Go ahead, make an argument that bikes are as dangerous as cars.

This gon be fun.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 09:32 PM

Remember when I said youíd shift your argument to the proportion of bikers being hit by motorists vs pedestrians hit by bikers?

You just did it.

roflmao applause2

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 09:42 PM

There is no educating these people. I went to Central Florida this weekend. I stopped to take a piss in Volusia County (Daytona). The men's bathroom had a gigantic KNOCK BEFORE ENTERING sign. Some subhuman moron barged right in while I was leaking, then didn't appreciate his buddy cracking on him.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 10:03 PM

There is no educating these people. I went to Central Florida this weekend. I stopped to take a piss in Volusia County (Daytona). The men's bathroom had a gigantic KNOCK BEFORE ENTERING sign. Some subhuman moron barged right in while I was leaking, then didn't appreciate his buddy cracking on him.

Are you the kind of guy that pulls his pants all the way down to his ankles while he takes a piss in a public urinal?

I need to start doing that.

I bet people would do this less often:

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 10:19 PM

Originally Posted By: jkb

Are you the kind of guy that pulls his pants all the way down to his ankles while he takes a piss in a public urinal?

I need to start doing that.

I bet people would do this less often:

No, but failing to zip the fly back up sounds like a possibility.

I could never squeeze a drop of piss out with my pantaloons in a position where I couldn't run. Conditioned behavior. In school, if you weren't in a ready to fight/flee stance at all times, with your head on a swivel, but most especially in the bathroom or gym shower, you were going to get punched in the back of the head or pissed on or something almost instantly.
Posted By: grapedrink

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/14/19 11:43 PM

Another reason not to leave your pants at the ankles in a public restroom drowning

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/15/19 09:14 PM

roflmao
Posted By: Duffy

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/16/19 12:56 AM

I once fought a stop sign.
Posted By: Mr Doof

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/16/19 05:14 PM

^ I once walked into a stop sign pole as a kid when I was staring at a girl (Hi, Kaye!).

Anyway, every dog deserves their day in court. Let us know how it goes.

And yeah, speaking as someone who wants more efficient govt, if you lose, don't pay in pennies/coins like a petty jerk...pay and get your travel miles on the credit card so you can move on to the next thing ASAP.
Posted By: LiamUnknown

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/16/19 05:41 PM

This clearly escalated to a completely different topic.

However, if you're still interested in fighting your ticket do the following...

1) Always request a trial by written dec. I generally just file the request and dec at the same time. Use google for your dec.

The advantage is that cops get paid overtime to show up to hearings, they do not get overtime to respond to trials by written decs. I or my family members have gotten out of over 75% of tickets by doing trial by written decs.

If you lose you can always try again in court.

The only downside is you have to pay the fine up front when you file, but if you win they'll mail a check back to you. It does take 3-6 mos to get a decision after you file.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/16/19 05:56 PM

i did a trial by declaration once
it seems like they dont even read it, they just check the guilty box

but i was guilty

red light camera 2001, before i even knew they existed - 3am, only car around

lawyer friend told me to delay trial, i did a few times til the judge told me to eat shit
read the book "fight your ticket and win"- it was helpful
requested a traffic study, as is my right, they never sent it, judge didnt care
got ahold of the transcript to the trial that beat san diego red light cameras
changed street names and kept the rest for use in my trial

day of trial they said i can go in a bck room and do a private trial.
they had 2 envelopes of evidence against me
judge thought that was very wrong and dismissed the case

i won by fluke

later they deemed the cameras illegal and took em down- did people get their money back? i doubt it

then they changed em to make em legal and bought em back

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/16/19 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Duffy

Basically this thread:

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/16/19 07:24 PM

I won my trial by declaration. I was cited for speeding - the lady cop used the speed signs - you know, the signs that say how fast you are going to cite my speed. I looked it up. They are by definition traffic calming devices not intended for speed citations but to slow the flow of traffic. So, someone reads it....
Posted By: SBSteve

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/16/19 09:38 PM

Originally Posted By: ocean7847
You're going to lose.

Just go in, ask for a reduced fine, and plea for mercy from the Court - the traffic commissioners will usually hook it up (in my JX anyway). They much prefer that to the kind of argument are you bringing to the table.

I'm a little late to the game, but...
Listen to this guy, he knows of what he speaks.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/16/19 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: SBSteve
You're going to lose.

BUT HE DIDN'T DO IT

COP MADE IT UP

rofl

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/16/19 11:31 PM

You're going to lose.

BUT HE DIDN'T DO IT

COP MADE IT UP

rofl

For the record Faecal believes the cops are always right and always tell the truth.

Posted By: Duffy

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/17/19 12:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Duffy

Basically this thread:

I got in more shots than that but basically the same outcome.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/17/19 12:28 AM

You're going to lose.

BUT HE DIDN'T DO IT

COP MADE IT UP

rofl

For the record Faecal believes the cops are always right and always tell the truth.

You came to a complete stop? Pulled a parking brake?

Look, everybody rolls stop signs sometimes and some get caught.

You got caught. shrug

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/17/19 12:44 AM

You're going to lose.

BUT HE DIDN'T DO IT

COP MADE IT UP

rofl

You came to a complete stop? Pulled a parking brake?

Look, everybody rolls stop signs sometimes and some get caught.

You got caught. shrug

I stopped. Complete stop.

Like I said, unless he has x-ray vision there is no way he even saw my vehicle, or the line, as 95% of the line is not viewable due to the wall.

There was a quota make, and after the ticket I watched him continue to make it. Fast and easy.

Last time I had a ticket, interestingly enough, was the last day of the month as well. The CHP cop said he saw me put on my seatbelt on, and he was giving me a ticket because that means I didn't have it on prior. roflmao

That one was thrown out.

I didn't even have to tell the judge about how he was screaming at me to put my window down further and after I refused, tried to rip open my passenger door. Fcking whackjob.
Posted By: LiamUnknown

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/17/19 07:21 PM

Another tip is to request an initial continuance before filing your trial by written dec. Then a week before your continued date, file the trial by written dec.

The longer you drag it out the worse the cops recollection will be and the less likely he'll respond.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/17/19 07:30 PM

I get not wanting to pay, but by dragging things out, it introduces more stress into one's life and it also makes the system work more, and the more the system has to work, the more the rest of us have to pay for it.

Want a lean, efficient govt? Stop requiring/making it do extra things.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/17/19 08:21 PM

did cop have a chest camera on that saw u stop completely?

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/17/19 09:29 PM

Originally Posted By: 000
did cop have a chest camera on that saw u stop completely?

Unless it was an xray camera that sees through cement and stucco, no.
Posted By: Ch-ch-ch-cheeeeeto

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/18/19 07:13 AM

LiamUnknown is correct. Ocean7847 is probably also correct, but you should proceed as if he's wrong for now.

You want to do a trial by written declaration. If you do, the cop has to also give evidence in writing. Cops hate paperwork. If he doesn't bother writing it up, you win automatically as long as you don't do something stupid like admit sufficient evidence of guilt in your own declaration.

Also, if you lose a TWD, you can request an in person trial and get a do-over.
Posted By: HarryLopez

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 01/19/19 01:53 AM

If your time was that valuable, you are already losing money reading and writing responses to this thread.

The police officer just won twice.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 04/22/19 04:26 PM

Well, it has been a while.

What did you end up doing, and how did it turn out?

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 04/22/19 11:04 PM

Was on my way home one day and took photos showing cars are obscured from view by the wall. Then submitted trial by written declaration with photos.

Still waiting for a decision from the judge.

Re: Have any of you gentleman ever fought a stop sign citation in court? - 05/14/19 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by casa_mugrienta
Was on my way home one day and took photos showing cars are obscured from view by the wall. Then submitted trial by written declaration with photos.

Still waiting for a decision from the judge.

Originally Posted by casa_mugrienta
Trial by written declaration. Sent a photo from the cop's vantage point demonstrating his view was clearly obscured by the wall and a brief description of the situation.

applause2

[Linked Image]

If I forgot to thank anyone my apologies.

Thanks for the update and congrats on the win.
© 2019 SURFER Magazine Forum | Surf News, Fantasy Surfer, Photos, Video, and Forecasting