https://www.facebook.com/QueenXtreme/posts/10217471202709707
Posted By: keenfish

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 02:21 AM

roflmao

She shouldn't have snaked him. foreheadslap fight

I love a good leg rope grab.
Posted By: Sharkbiscuit

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 02:33 AM

"One does not simply surf between Ballona Creek and Neptune's Net. Its closeouts and piss weak right points are guarded by more than just Kooks. There is incompetence there that does not sleep, and the Clout Guy is ever 10 yards out the back. It is a goat rodeo, riddled with SUP and Walden and Wavestorm, the very waves you surf are a joylessness Dume. Not with ten thousand Aussies could you do this. It is folly."
Posted By: manbearpig

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: keenfish
roflmao

Weird double post action here. But images look like he’s the snake shrug
Posted By: MBfreek

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:19 AM

The video is clear-cut. High grade douchery on display.
His Yelp is getting torched.
Looks like his Insta and FB is private / closed.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:22 AM

Originally Posted By: manbearpig
roflmao

Yes, I was kidding.

I do like a good leg rope grab though. cool2
Posted By: sizzld1

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Sharkbiscuit
"One does not simply surf between Ballona Creek and Neptune's Net. Its closeouts and piss weak right points are guarded by more than just Kooks. There is incompetence there that does not sleep, and the Clout Guy is ever 10 yards out the back. It is a goat rodeo, riddled with SUP and Walden and Wavestorm, the very waves you surf are a joylessness Dume. Not with ten thousand Aussies could you do this. It is folly."

bowdown roflmao
Posted By: MBfreek

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:24 AM

Ripping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK5v6LDo9ko
Posted By: Racer1

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:29 AM

His Yelp page just got abused. LOL.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:36 AM

Quote:
Not only do you assault random strangers, but you try to create doubt in their minds.

Hope you enjoyed getting sprayed in the face by my rinse kit, douche.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/brazilian-surf-club-los-angeles

roflmao dancing

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: manbearpig
roflmao

Yes, I was kidding.

I do like a good leg rope grab though. cool2

Fail on my end then. bowdown
Posted By: silentbutdeadly

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:40 AM

"Hope you enjoyed getting sprayed in the face by my rinse kit, douche."

roflmao
Posted By: 000

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:50 AM

guaranteed he moves to my town to start over
Posted By: youcantbeserious

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 04:01 AM

That was... breathtaking. Bravo, sir.
Posted By: GromsDad

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 12:28 PM

The video does not show what likely went on prior to the wave in the clip. Would any of you be surprised if the female on the overfoamed turd board had been backpaddling or surfing greedy like it was her last day on planet earth which led to this one instant caught on video? I don't think this was a random act......70% chance it was deserved retaliation for things not seen in the clip. I give the benefit of the doubt to the shortboarder.
Posted By: casa_mugrienta

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 01:18 PM

Can't pass judgement, no idea what precipitated this.

According to the article
- she was one of two women who paddled out to film a segment for NBC
- "I’m not sure if this was localism, racism or sexism. There were two black women in the lineup and he targeted me for whatever reason."
- once in the water they were "specifically targeted" and therefore the women will file a police report

One has to ask if filming a segment for NBC meant the rules of etiquette went out the window that day...

Also of note is Mr. Heyden, the associate editor of theInertia, needs someone to edit his work for news style. Also not sure how a Yelp review by a non customer about WL supposedly being a bad driver and another Yelp review from a potential customer saying WL was rude over the phone is relevant. Adding a mere footnote that WL's account had positive reviews is telling.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 01:59 PM

No way that was un-provoked. We just don't know what else went on. Many greedy kooks who ride overfoamed boards are completely oblivious to how much their fvckery in the water pisses off those around them.

Beyond that anybody who would threaten charges of assault to the police over something as minor as this should never get a wave in any lineup ever again. Please take up another hobby.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 02:05 PM

How about greedy kooks who ride underfoamed boards in 1ft mush?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 02:07 PM

Wow, by this woman's facebook profile it looks like the leash pull is the best thing that ever happened to her. She can't seem to stop making posts about it. Looks like she wants to ruin the guy's life.

I think the response is disproportionate to the event.

I'm getting a sense of her manner of thinking by this post she made, calling Steph Gilmore "this broad"(how do I embed facebook posts?):

Not ONE single African American female currently in the pro circuit but hey, let’s rip off Rhonda’s favorite Isley song for this broad. Ok, bet.✊🏽 #wsw

Also she states the commenters who suggested black people should integrate themselves into the world of surf instead of separate themselves are "all day racists".

I did visit the facebook page of Black Girls Surf, the organization she runs. It's big focus is race but also includes posts about "toxic masculinity".
Posted By: NDG80

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
No way that was un-provoked. We just don't know what else went on.

You said no way that was unprovoked and we just dont what else went on in the same paragraph. Of course you take the side of the guy on the wrong equipment for the day being aggressive with a woman in general without any other info.

Either way, anyone getting into any drama over 1 foot Venice pier no less - shouldn't be surfing.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 02:13 PM

Originally Posted By: NDG80

Either way, anyone getting into any drama over 1 foot Venice pier no less - shouldn't be surfing.

I think that about sums it up.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 02:37 PM

Originally Posted By: NDG80
No way that was un-provoked. We just don't know what else went on.

You said no way that was unprovoked and we just dont what else went on in the same paragraph. Of course you take the side of the guy on the wrong equipment for the day being aggressive with a woman in general without any other info.

Yes. I am a victim of confirmation bias based on countless interactions with greedy people riding big boards as a crutch and to take more than their fare share.
Posted By: SBSteve

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 02:55 PM

This is what surfing has become? shrug
SAD.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 02:56 PM

Lets take a closer forensic look at the photos and video. I must admit that my first instincts on this case were wrong and that after taking a closer look this all seems to be an accident and the leash pull was actually done to avoid board damage and not done out of malice.

This picture is very interesting to me. Notice the loop in the knee leash and where the nose of his board is. His board is going through the loop. See it just above his left hand?

Here is the next frame. Pay close attention to where the leash is going visible under her armpit.

Now here is the key frame. Notice how the leash goes from her knee to his hand but the trailing end of the stretched leash does not go directly back to the leash loop on the tail of her board. Notice the leash disappears beneath HIS board. Clearly his board was about to go through the loop in her leash and result in a tangle and perhaps damage to both people's boards.

It may be entirely possible and is highly likely that no malice whatsoever was involved and that his intentions were simply to take off and ride behind the longboarder. This is not at all uncommon as shortboarders get screwed out of waves by greedy loggers over and over and over and have to settle for whatever scraps they can get. In doing so he accidentally poked the nose of his board through the trailing knee leash and then grabbed the leash in an effort to avoid a catastrophe of rail to tail ding proportions.

In the video you can clearly see that exactly what I describe is the case if you look very closely. You can even see her knee leash pull the nose of his board to the right before it comes untangled thanks to him pulling it.

Clearly no harm no fowl. Accidents happen your honor and you must acquit.

PS: Where are the leash hate police?

Watch very closely:

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:03 PM

Originally Posted By: SBSteve
This is what surfing has become? shrug
SAD.

This^^^^^^^^ All this drama over a stupid little leash tangle in a crowded lineup. Really is sad. Like having internet drama and calling the cops over a fowl on the community basketball court. People like this should take up another hobby. Participation trophy's ruined everything.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:21 PM

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:23 PM

Leashes ruined surfing. More evidence.
Posted By: GWS

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:51 PM

Surf instructor, 1' mush, internet pile-on...

barf

The Sport of Kings is now the pastime of bitches.

On the upside the woman can probably leverage this incident into a six figure job as a Surfing Sensitivity Consultant for NBC. Hopefully her PTSD is survivable and our antagonist is deported to one of the nicer planetary shit-holes.

Once upon a time boys and girls, things like this would happen in surfing and one way or another it was resolved inside of a few minutes (or seconds) and people moved on. Incredible right? I know. SO barbaric. I'll be expecting this to make the local Channel 7 news feed out of L.A. tonight. #playgolfinstead
Posted By: Autoprax

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:53 PM

I blame faulty neural priming.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 03:57 PM

By the way, the surf instructor needs to work on his pop up.
Posted By: stu dog

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: GWS

barf

On the upside the woman can probably leverage this incident into a six figure job as a Surfing Sensitivity Consultant for NBC. Hopefully her PTSD is survivable and our antagonist is deported to one of the nicer planetary shit-holes.

Once upon a time boys and girls, things like this would happen in surfing and one way or another it was resolved inside of a few minutes (or seconds) and people moved on. Incredible right? I know. SO barbaric. I'll be expecting this to make the local Channel 7 news feed out of L.A. tonight. #playgolfinstead

welcome to the world of instant posting. between every thousand pics of food, sunsets, dogs, standing infront of angel wings, etc. there's a few of these gems of everyday conflict that the internet goes ape shit about.

remember, there's cameras watching you
Posted By: crotchgrab

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 04:40 PM

The more I look into both parties, the more I side with the shortboarder. I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that she's that new breed of entitled, fragile kooks that are all too prevalent in the line ups.
If she were a life-long surfer I dont think she wouldve made a huge deal out of this. She would've seen/gotten worse than that through the years...
Posted By: RWVBWL

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 04:41 PM

Bein' an old Venice~boy,
well I used~ta like this kinda sheee~it, some~times I even think it's funny,
some~how, still. BUT it's not! For pep's, who just paddle out to have fun, can get hurt.
And you think that might be funny? Ever had to go to the ER because some~one kooked it,
hurt ya too bad? Sure ya have, right? For you're a real surfer...

The chick, err, ah surfer~girl,
obviously had the right of way, no matter what kinda board she was ridin'.
Think she didn't? She was up 1st, + closer to the peak, right?

The dude should not even have bothered,
especially bein' on such a lil' board, even paddlin' for that wave, for the kook, err surf~instructor,
knew that at the least ,he was gonna send a mush~wad upon that cute lil' waves face!
The dude is The Kook! Pffft!
My 2¢ only, your 2¢ might differ...
RandyVBWL

By the way,
I've surfed, years past, that ol' Pier in Venice in every type of condition.
You weren't there. Neither was that Wagner kook. Y~que...

Heck, as it' rainin' kinda hard(*) here in L.A. right now, I'll share a local story, ok?
Back in early '86, Jay Adams + i were the only 2 dudes who, after Thee VBW got too big around 10~ish am, well we jumped off it to surf a bitchin' wave that rears its stormy head every decade when~ever conditions are ripe, breaks 'bout a 1/4 of a mile off it's end. Funny to see a 20ft+ face wave comin' in at Venice + have to yell at the BayWatch boat boyz to get the f**k outta here when they had come on over to check up on us, "Are we ok", hahaha. Now~days, due to much more sand in the area + its shallower bottom, well it breaks more often out there as seen over the last few recent decades if it gets big enough to close down The Pier for spectatin', so ya simply paddle out from Thee MDR Breakwall if ya wanna get some, usually you'll be all alone, un~less ya bring a buddy~boy with ya...
wave2

(*) PS ~ This lil' rainy storm,
soon headin' your way to those across the rest of the country,
is gonna be a good one, hope ya get some of it too!
jam_on
Posted By: Clayster

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 04:48 PM

Once his board went inside her leash loop, things were going to end badly whether he grabbed her leash or not. The outcome was going to be the same, with her getting tugged off her board.

This is a tempest in a teapot, and to start injecting racial/gender nonsense into it is just plain pathetic.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 04:50 PM

Perhaps the fact she's interested in ruining this guy over a leash pull speaks volumes.

And this seems to be a common theme

This is someone who turned a video about "this broad" Stephanie Gilmore into something racial rolleyes so I'm thinking there's a pattern here.
Posted By: rice

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:05 PM

At least the waves were good. roflmao

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: rice

99% of fights & arguments occur in 2' crap waves. socrazy

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: stu dog

99% of fights & arguments occur in 2' crap waves. socrazy

Ppl are stressed.
Posted By: Muscles

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:17 PM

Interesting find from the beach grit article...
Quote:
I was surfing at Venice Beach pier with a friend for over an hour, all the locals were super chill and friendly sharing waves all morning until Wagner showed up and decided to be a bully.

I was up and riding on the peak and he decides to try to block me, so I turned around him, then he drops in behind me and pulls my leash causing me to fall. Not only is what he did super dangerous, it’s assault. If I was a novice surfer I could have knocked my teeth out.

Kind of seems like she's a clueless longboarder and tried to take out far outside on the shoulder and thinks that gives her priority of the guy on the peak. I see shit like this all the time with kooks on wavestorms that think being far out on the shoulder and riding the swell gets you priority over the guy at the peak.

Not making excuses for the guy, but I doubt the longboarder is innocent.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:17 PM

barf

Summed up perfectly

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Clayster
Once his board went inside her leash loop, things were going to end badly whether he grabbed her leash or not. The outcome was going to be the same, with her getting tugged off her board.

This is a tempest in a teapot, and to start injecting racial/gender nonsense into it is just plain pathetic.

This!!!!!! ^^^^^^^ Its not until you take a really close look at the pictures and video that you realize what really happened. He intended to take off behind her once she went past him. He was not intending to pull her leash because of localism, racism or any other ism. The nose of his board went through the slack loop in her knee leash as he got to his feet. The leash was there and he grabbed it which freed the nose of his board and likely prevented some ding repairs. It was an accident all along but here we are in this day and age where every act has to be an outrage over an imagined ism and this is what you get. I wish surfing would go back to being a core sport for misfits. No respect at all for the people posting this to social media and trying to make something out of it that it isn't......and even if it had been which it wasn't these people should grow up and get over it.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Muscles

Kind of seems like she's a clueless longboarder and tried to take out far outside on the shoulder and thinks that gives her priority of the guy on the peak.

there's two people sitting out yards past her
Posted By: ifallalot

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta

- "I’m not sure if this was localism, racism or sexism. There were two black women in the lineup and he targeted me for whatever reason."
- once in the water they were "specifically targeted" and therefore the women will file a police report

VICKTIMZ!!!

Those two statements guarantee they were acting like entitled turds and deserved to be snaked
Posted By: tacos

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:29 PM

Of course he’s riding a Hypto Crypto.
Posted By: mundus

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:31 PM

No winners in this one, a whiny bitch trying to make a federal case over nothing and a brazzo surf instructor acting like a brazzo.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:33 PM

The best outcome in all this is that she creates a handle here and starts posting.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:36 PM

We can only hope

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:36 PM

The best outcome in all this is that she creates a handle here and starts posting.

Perhaps she is already posting as sirfun???? shrug

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:45 PM

This!!!!!! ^^^^^^^ Its not until you take a really close look at the pictures and video that you realize what really happened. He intended to take off behind her once she went past him. He was not intending to pull her leash because of localism, racism or any other ism. The nose of his board went through the slack loop in her knee leash as he got to his feet. The leash was there and he grabbed it which freed the nose of his board and likely prevented some ding repairs. It was an accident all along but here we are in this day and age where every act has to be an outrage over an imagined ism and this is what you get. I wish surfing would go back to being a core sport for misfits. No respect at all for the people posting this to social media and trying to make something out of it that it isn't......and even if it had been which it wasn't these people should grow up and get over it.

Hiya GromsDad,
For a dude who has wrote here, on Thee Surfer Forum,
that he had a poster of an ol' bro I once knew, Willy Morris, once upon his wall as a youth,
well i find your conclusions just silly.

Look at the surfpix,
watch the video, again!
https://www.facebook.com/QueenXtreme/vid...e=3&theater
The surfer has the right of way, she clearly stood up 1st, and is closer to the peak,
Wagner decides to try to snake her wave, can't catch it nor get up in front of her,
so he does so, eventually, afterwards, as seen on vid.

Kooky Wagner.
A dude I've never yet met, grabbed and pulled her leash, with angry intent!
Just like I have some~times done so too, over the last 42 years of ridin' waves,
to F**k some~one whom I felt deserved it, be they ridin' a longer board, be they gettin' toooo many waves, or not bein' From Venice! And you can not see that??? Pfffft.
RW

PS ~ I really don't ever grasp pep's leashes now~dayz, but surely, i still know how. Bet you do to.
Wonder if some of the og V~boyz will be give~in' Wagner a lesson or 2 in leash~pullin, soon?
Hmmmm...

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:47 PM

All I want for Xmas

Originally Posted By: mundus
No winners in this one, a whiny bitch trying to make a federal case over nothing and a brazzo surf instructor acting like a brazzo.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:54 PM

Originally Posted By: RWVBWL

Hiya GromsDad,
that he had a poster of an ol' bro I once knew, Willy Morris, once upon his wall as a youth, well i find your conclusions just silly.

Watch the video, again!
The surfer has the right of way, she clearly stood up 1st, and is closer to the peak, Wagner decides to try to snake her wave, can't catch it nor get up in front of her, so he does so, eventually, afterwards.

Kooky Wagner.
Just like I have some~times done so too, over the last 42 years of ridin' waves, to F**k some~one whom I felt deserved it, be they ridin' a longer board, be they gettin' toooo many waves,
or not bein' From Venice! And you can not see that??? Pfffft.
RW

PS ~ I really don't ever grap pep's leashes now~dayz, but surely, i still know how.
Wonder if some of the og V~boyz will be givein' Wagner a lesson or 2 in leash~pullin?
Hmmmm...

Seriously, look again real closely and pay close attention to how the nose of his board got caught in the loop of her knee leash. That is why he grabbed the leash. It was an accident and not malicious as this is being framed in the era of victimhood. I do not deny that he was going to take off behind her once she went past.....she was heading way out onto the shoulder anyway.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 05:56 PM

well ultimately he still burned her.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:00 PM

Hiya GromsDad,
that he had a poster of an ol' bro I once knew, Willy Morris, once upon his wall as a youth, well i find your conclusions just silly.

Watch the video, again!
The surfer has the right of way, she clearly stood up 1st, and is closer to the peak, Wagner decides to try to snake her wave, can't catch it nor get up in front of her, so he does so, eventually, afterwards.

Kooky Wagner.
Just like I have some~times done so too, over the last 42 years of ridin' waves, to F**k some~one whom I felt deserved it, be they ridin' a longer board, be they gettin' toooo many waves,
or not bein' From Venice! And you can not see that??? Pfffft.
RW

PS ~ I really don't ever grap pep's leashes now~dayz, but surely, i still know how.
Wonder if some of the og V~boyz will be givein' Wagner a lesson or 2 in leash~pullin?
Hmmmm...

Seriously, look again real closely and pay close attention to how the nose of his board got caught in the loop of her knee leash. That is why he grabbed the leash. It was an accident and not malicious as this is being framed in the era of victimhood. I do not deny that he was going to take off behind her once she went past.....she was heading way out onto the shoulder anyway.

he also delayed his pop up until after she past him. that indicates intent to fook with her. if he's going burn her, get up fast and jam fast in front of her.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: silentbutdeadly
well ultimately he still burned her.

Correct. He attempted to drop in behind her and got caught up in her leash. You can see it plain as day in the photos and video. The problem is that she and the inertia are trying to frame this as her being a victim and he being some sort of Lunada Bay rock thrower type when that really isn't what happened. Perhaps the female is such a kook she can't even look at her own pictures and footage and realize what she's looking at. But OUTRAGE!!!!!

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:05 PM

he also delayed his pop up until after she past him. that indicates intent to fook with her. if he's going burn her, get up fast and jam fast in front of her.

No it doesn't. She was heading way out onto the shoulder on that turd of a board she was riding. He would have had room to do some turns behind her if they hadn't gotten tangled. Shit happens. Nothing more than that.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:05 PM

take a really close look at the pictures and video that you realize what really happened. He intended to take off behind her once she went past him. He was not intending to pull her leash

roflmao

Stop.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:07 PM

Geez. Gromsdad he burned her. Her reaction is pathetic. End of story.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:08 PM

No it doesn't. She was heading way out onto the shoulder on that turd of a board she was riding. He would have had room to do some turns behind her if they hadn't gotten tangled. Shit happens. Nothing more than that.

you're fooking insane socrazy

a drop in burner would be up infront of her jamming down the line. to delay and drop in behind is a pussy move of trying to hit someone with their back turned.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:10 PM

Are we all looking at the same footage?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:11 PM

Who was 1st up + ridin', boyz?

Why the F**k is Wagner even still paddlin'???
I'd have passed on by him+Benny Hill~ed his head, as I've done before, hahaha.
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/boilingkindlybordercollie
But ah, some could consider that assault too, no?
Hmmmm...

So you've never seen a shortboarder sneak in behind a longboard kook?

Bummer to see those posts she made about ruining his life and why are men shitty.

Makes it all lamer.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:19 PM

a drop in burner would be up infront of her jamming down the line. to delay and drop in behind is a pussy move of trying to hit someone with their back turned.

Not really.

I drop in behind people that surf way out on the shoulder on giant equipment to ride the wave behind them. "Trying to hit someone with their back turned" seems a little paranoid.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:19 PM

Damn grommy you're crazy!

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:20 PM

Yes. We are. You just happen to be a moron as usual. The guy obviously intentionally pulled her leash. You should get over. Just like her. Anything else is just a bunch of bullshit speculation and excuses. What makes you so obsessed with this particular interaction to begin with? foreheadslap

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:21 PM

I drop in behind people that surf way out on the shoulder on giant equipment to ride the wave behind them.

I've done that. But I don't then go and pull their leash. foreheadslap

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:23 PM

I drop in behind people that surf way out on the shoulder on giant equipment to ride the wave behind them.

And if you read what I wrote, I wasn't defending that.

To say that anyone that drops in behind is looking to set someone up for an assault however is a little crazy2
Posted By: 3dXman

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:30 PM

AUtoprasx would have Jumped on tha t ulgy Porkers back&prone humped her all teh way 2 the beach.,
He would give hera Hard stuffing & a facial & then stole her leash/

Ever noticeStewerts surfboard riders Usually Rip/! dancing

jam_on

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:31 PM

To say that anyone that drops in behind is looking to set someone up for an assault however is a little crazy2

I know you weren't.

Claim of assault is crazy2, but I think pulling the leash of a kook is a dick move.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:33 PM

Not really.

I drop in behind people that surf way out on the shoulder on giant equipment to ride the wave behind them. "Trying to hit someone with their back turned" seems a little paranoid.

maybe I wrote my metaphor a little wrong

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:36 PM

Nope. When any of us clicks the first Fakebook video shot from the beach, it's pretty clear he holds onto the leash and does the pussiest deadlift we've ever seen trying to cause her to eat shit.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:44 PM

<snip>but I think pulling the leash of a kook<snip>

Hiya Rice,
I do not know this surfer,
but ah, how the heck is a girl stylin' like this,

a kook???

By the way,
odd to see that surfer girlz leash on the far, out~side rail of Wagner's board...
Wonder which hand Kooky Wagner grabbed it with to yank her off her board,
his left~ie or his right~ie???
Hmmmm...

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:45 PM

Originally Posted By: sizzld1

Yes. We are. You just happen to be a moron as usual. The guy obviously intentionally pulled her leash. You should get over. Just like her. Anything else is just a bunch of bullshit speculation and excuses. What makes you so obsessed with this particular interaction to begin with? foreheadslap

Countless bad interactions with kooks and others who use lots and lots of foam to mask a total lack of ability and fitness to greedily take as many waves as they can. I see this through the eyes of that guy and might have done the same. Fook longboarders......especially ones wearing knee leashes.
Posted By: StuAzole

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:48 PM

I hate to agree with GromsDad on anything, but I've seen this woman and her friends in the water before and while they surf pretty good, they're a bit of a menace. I'd guess she burned the obnoxious brazzo previously, or back paddled him repeatedly, before this. That's what I've seen at least.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:51 PM

Countless bad interactions with kooks and others who use lots and lots of foam to mask a total lack of ability and fitness to greedily take as many waves as they can. I see this through the eyes of that guy and might have done the same. Fook longboarders......especially ones wearing knee leashes.

I can understand that. cheers

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
I hate to agree with GromsDad on anything, but I've seen this woman and her friends in the water before and while they surf pretty good, they're a bit of a menace. I'd guess she burned the obnoxious brazzo previously, or back paddled him repeatedly, before this. That's what I've seen at least.

two wrongs make the internet freak out

drowning

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:56 PM

something had to have happen that we didnt see for wagner to get pissed at her. maybe he was hoping to split the peak and she didnt, then he tried to go left behind her? possible...
he was clearly pissed and hangin onto that leash for awhile
it was very lance burkhart
rick cane was a brown haired arizona kid, lance was a blonde haired blue eyed racist local who couldnt find a black woman to target

i do hate the cries of racism and sexism

she is married to a white guy
perhaps 1 day theyll get divorced and he will be a sexist racist too
Posted By: ElOgro

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:57 PM

Not really.

maybe I wrote my metaphor a little wrong

That should be your signature.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: 000
something had to have happen that we didnt see for wagner to get pissed at her
he was clearly pissed and hangin onto that leash for awhile
it was very lance burkhart

i do hate the cries of racism and sexism

she is married to a white guy
perhaps 1 day theyll get divorced and he will be a sexist racist too

Hope springs eternal!

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 06:59 PM

I love how everyone with a penis gets thrown under the bus here.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:01 PM

Shouldn't that last sentence read:
Fook kooks......especially ones wearing leashes???

I mean, come on,
we all know that it's The Leash that allows kooks to catch too many waves,
for sheee~it mon, they oughts to be swimmin' soon after every pop~up, right?
Have a good 1 ya'all, I'm out, hopin' Sunset be pumpin' today!!!

From Thee WSL;
http://www.worldsurfleague.com/posts/360766/its-on-day-12-of-the-vans-world-cup
jam_on

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:01 PM

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FQueenXtreme%2Fposts%2F10217476769848882&width=500" width="500" height="479" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

I love how everyone with a penis gets thrown under the bus here.

Hal 9000 is safe.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:05 PM

if i was a racist i might use a term used as a racial insult to middle eastern gentlemen to caption this pic

but i am merely a sexist

Posted By: rts265

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:06 PM

been wanting to bring this up for a while - now seems like the right time. another female 'surfer' of similar complexion has a post of her on a mat dropping in on black lee (of red vs black lee infamy) calling him a jerk and attacking him for ruining 'her wave'. not too hard to find on insta. ok, lots of catching up to do on this thread.
Posted By: LiamUnknown

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:07 PM

I'm torn...

On the one hand she perfectly exemplifies what is wrong with the modern kook. I'm sure she has no clue about etiquette, happily paddles out with 5 plus people to peaks with one or two people out, and happily backpaddles on her giant dongboard, completely blissfully unaware of surfing etiquette. Her reaction to something as minimal as a leash pull is further evidence of this.

On the other hand, anyone who teaches surf lessons deserves to be utterly destroyed and their business burned to the ground.
Posted By: Kento

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:09 PM

You are my hero. bowdown

Is Irate Nate still around? She should go to Newbreak next. Imagine the squealing over toxic masculinity. jam_on

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: LiamUnknown
I'm torn...

On the one hand she perfectly exemplifies what is wrong with the modern kook. I'm sure she has no clue about etiquette, happily paddles out with 5 plus people to peaks with one or two people out, and happily backpaddles on her giant dongboard, completely blissfully unaware of surfing etiquette. Her reaction to something as minimal as a leash pull is further evidence of this.

On the other hand, anyone who teaches surf lessons deserves to be utterly destroyed and their business burned to the ground.

They all kind of deserve each other and should just surf Sunslop perpetually. That's what it is there for.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:19 PM

smile2

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:20 PM

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...amp;oe=5C996829

Self portrait.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:21 PM

so theres 2 wagner brazzos in LA county?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:24 PM

And I will admit to pulling leashes. When I have a guy trying to paddle in on on the outside of me, shoulder to shoulder? Snag the leash, have a conversation. You can do it underwater so it's not readily apparent. It just kind of looks like they blew a takeoff. It's an old contest trick learned in the 80's. Time it well and the only one that knows is the guy you wanted to know. Dirty deeds done dirt cheap.

And I don't for a second believe that this leash pull was inadvertent. Brazo guy is way out of line. Especially with a woman. Regardless of what went on before. It was a one foot wave. Let it go.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:28 PM

I'm torn...

I can agree with all of this. Surf schools should be banned from coast to coast. I said it before, this guy needs to work on his pop up anyway.......I hope he's not teaching that to beginners.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Kento

They all kind of deserve each other and should just surf Sunslop perpetually. That's what it is there for.

Kento!
Don't send 'em to Sunslop,
there are friggin' sharks there!

#4 of a 13 shot sequence...
Yow~za!!!
shark
RW
Posted By: Joshua2415

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:34 PM

The video made kotd... roflmao
View this post on Instagram

Saw you pull “her” leash Burkhart! Open discussion below 📹@salty_sol_artworks #offmywavekook

A post shared by the Kook of the Day (@kook_of_the_day) on

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:35 PM

i found another racist, sexist attack

When you go to spray your friend that’s paddling back out #waapaahh #yeeww #sopitted #youseemywave #supportyourlocalkook #kookland #surfingsucksdonttryit #kookoftheday #lakook #kooksrus #wereallkooksinourownway #dependingonthedayyouorme 📹🤷🏼‍♂️let me know for credit

A post shared by the Kook of the Day (@kook_of_the_day) on

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:38 PM

Who was 1st up + ridin', boyz?

Why the F**k is Wagner even still paddlin'???
I'd have passed on by him+Benny Hill~ed his head, as I've done before, hahaha.
https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/boilingkindlybordercollie
But ah, some could consider that assault too, no?
Hmmmm...

That photo makes it pretty clear who burned who
Posted By: aldo1

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:39 PM

In that case, what happens if she cuts back on that big ole barge and wants to slap it off the white water? There is ole hombre kook furiously tearing up the pocket of said one footer.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:41 PM

That guy would have really torn up that knee high mushy right rolleyes

But I can see what was said above. We don't know the whole story.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:50 PM

i am sure the guys an idiot, but put him on a longboard and he'd be up going left before she even caught it
Posted By: SBSteve

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:52 PM

After reading all these responses and seeing photos, especially the last one where the dickwad is still paddling for the wave after the gal is up and riding, it doesn't matter what happened, it's clear as gin that the guy is a POS.
I hate fvckers that pull that $hit.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 07:58 PM

Kento!

Yow~za!!!
shark
RW

roflmao

I grew up just up the hill from there and have surfed that travesty exactly twice. Hell, even Tower 15 jetty 30 years ago had more localism than anything you see today. Does anyone even surf that anymore?

Gotta say, you were always pretty chill when I'd see you up at Zeros, the days before they completely remodeled the parking lot (bastards). Totally manicured now. Haven't surfed up that way in years - I cringe thinking how bad it is now crowd/etiquette wise.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:04 PM

Kento!

Yow~za!!!
shark
RW

roflmao

I grew up just up the hill from there and have surfed that travesty exactly twice. Hell, even Tower 15 jetty 30 years ago had more localism than anything you see today. Does anyone even surf that anymore?

Gotta say, you were always pretty chill when I'd see you up at Zeros, the days before they completely remodeled the parking lot (bastards). Totally manicured now. Haven't surfed up that way in years - I cringe thinking how bad it is now crowd/etiquette wise.

As you can imagine, Zeros has been fvcked for years now. Cruised the parking lot the other day to inspect the fire damage. Pretty crazy. Burned straight down to the ocean on all sides, melted the porta-potties, but spared the Chumash village.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:04 PM

I mean, come on,

From Thee WSL;
jam_on

If a longboard is your primary vehicle and you are not silver haired sorry.

Let me tell you something. I'm almost 50 years old with bad shoulders and a bad hip yet I'm still out there doing battle on a shortboard. I can not overstate my dislike and lack of respect for the breed of surfers who use mountains of foam and length to mask a lack of fitness and skill and who use all of that foam to greedily make a nuisance of themselves in what would otherwise be an orderly lineup.

On the flip side A kook on a shorboard is fairly powerless to cause havoc in the lineup and any competent surfer should have no problem dealing with a kook on a shortboard using wave knowledge, strategy and a little hustle.

Let me reiterate........fook longboarders

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:05 PM

down in the parking lot partly burnt now.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:11 PM

roflmao cheers

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:13 PM

Trippy. Remember going to the sand via running down the iceplant on the hillside. You parked where the lifeguard tower is now and it was seemingly always muddy potholes.

Baywatch filming and the MTV beach house there was the beginning of the end IMO.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:16 PM

I mean, come on,

From Thee WSL;
jam_on

Let me tell you something. I'm almost 50 years old with bad shoulders and a bad hip yet I'm still out there doing battle on a shortboard. I can not overstate my dislike and lack of respect for the breed of surfers who use mountains of foam and length to mask a lack of fitness and skill and who use all of that foam to greedily make a nuisance of themselves in what would otherwise be an orderly lineup.

On the flip side A kook on a shorboard is fairly powerless to cause havoc in the lineup and any competent surfer should have no problem dealing with a kook on a shortboard using wave knowledge, strategy and a little hustle.

I'm just glad my usual spot is not exactly conducive to longboards or SUPs. Especially when that inside sandbar is getting frisky with a dropping tide. Yeah, you can get into the wave easy with more foam but what then? What then? roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: San Gabriel Valley local

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:20 PM

I think the victim could have generated more sympathy with a better marketing strategy...I find myself wanting to find a way to side with the Brazzo instead of her lol.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:22 PM

Kento: The spots around me are completely over-run. I live within walking or bike distance of a half dozen great jetty peaks but if I want to eskape the onslaught of entitled kooks on longboards these days I need to get in my car and drive elsewhere. You're damned right if you think I'm bitter about it too.
Posted By: 1whoknows

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:26 PM

That guy is a douche. Major douche.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:26 PM

Real Sunset is pumpin'! Yep, yep, yep!
The 1st 2 of 4 for my guess to Finalizin',
Joel Parko and Wade Carmichael, got beaten in the 1st heat,
hope that Ez Lau and either Ricardo Christie or Jordy make it,
other~wise this kook, me, can't pick~em too good, glad I don't bet $$$$, hahahaha!
Real Sunset is heavy sheeee~it, if ya know what i mean...
Who ya got for the Final 4?
wave2

But on this particular topic,
let's, for the sake of argument, check out this pic again, ok?

She, the surfer girl,
is up + ridin' already, another dude, up even earlier, is ridin' too, goin' left.
And Wagner? He is still paddling. BUT, But, but, see all the spray in the air right behind him, on the left side of the photograph? Is that from him kickin' his lil' feet~ies to try + burn her, some~how, some~way? That spray wasn't from his hands paddlin' hard, right? It sure looks like, to me, that it was from him kickin' his feet, too...
F**kin' KOOK!
My 2¢ only,
RW

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:40 PM

I mean, come on,

From Thee WSL;
jam_on

I'm just glad my usual spot is not exactly conducive to longboards or SUPs. Especially when that inside sandbar is getting frisky with a dropping tide. Yeah, you can get into the wave easy with more foam but what then? What then? roflmao roflmao roflmao

That is the question I'd like an answer to as well. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, and I'm having more trouble getting in early enough on my current quiver, all of which are less than 6'2". But why go to a log or SUP? Just add an inch or two in length, and a little more width or thickness, and keep on trucking.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:43 PM

Just surf when it's windy or onshore and avoid all these shredders.
Posted By: ko25ok

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:46 PM

I mean, come on,

From Thee WSL;
jam_on

Why do you care if someone longboards? Learn to get waves and find spots where it doesnt matter.

I longboard, i shortboard, I ride a fish. No matter to me what someone else rides. I know how to go seek out waves and get my share.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: ko25ok

I mean, come on,

From Thee WSL;
jam_on

Why do you care if someone longboards? Learn to get waves and find spots where it doesnt matter.

I longboard, i shortboard, I ride a fish. No matter to me what someone else rides. I know how to go seek out waves and get my share.

You must be bad ass.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 08:56 PM

as an aside, notice she never looked back to see which way the guy behind her went. #freeforall

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:00 PM

Kento: The spots around me are completely over-run. I live within walking or bike distance of a half dozen great jetty peaks but if I want to eskape the onslaught of entitled kooks on longboards these days I need to get in my car and drive elsewhere. You're damned right if you think I'm bitter about it too.

I don't blame you one bit for being pissed about that. roflmao

Unfortunately, I live inland enough that gotta drive although I have a solid range of spots within half an hour. I avoid the clusterfucks like Creek and Lowers like the plague. Post-work sessions can be frustrating with cross-chops, onshores, and currents of all kinds but the good thing is that even hard onshore, it still is hollow and dredges on inside on everything below medium tide. The chop can also create wedges as long as it has some NW component to it as opposed to straight west. I'd be lying if I didn't experience some scream-at-the-sky days roflmao but at least I almost always have it to myself without a soul in line of sight. The masochism runs strong.

I did see a surf school set up one day there and it made me wish I had a PA so I could have played the Benny Hill theme at full volume during their paddle out. Instructor and students got absolutely ruined. When they eventually made it out the back, their life got a whole lot worse. roflmao

A lot of days, shit, I'd rather go hiking up in the mountains, especially places that aren't too crowded. That's been a new frontier for me lately and my masochistic streak complements it well - allows me to really push my limits and I feel I haven't even come close to scratching the surface of what I can do. Got some good ones planned out for next year - can't wait. jam_on
Posted By: CCKeith

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:03 PM

ahahahahahahaha! i've dealt with this girl personally after she paddled right past me. and lo and behold here she shows up again! i laughed at the sequence of her getting he leash pulled, imagine she deserved it glad i didn't have the balls to do it otherwise she'd be sending the dogs to internet stalk me! to all the guys bashing the brazzo for groveling scraps if you live anywhere south of point conception im sure you ve done the exact same. looks like this guy had enough of her and surfing probably needs more people with an outlook on the lineup like him.
Posted By: CCKeith

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:04 PM

wagner you'r a hero!

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Racer1

I'm hesitant to even agree with this for fear that it blows up my trick. I happily surf virtually alone every weekend by refusing to paddle before noon no matter what. It's just not worth it.

In the morning, if it's good, you have to watch kooks on funboards blow perfect wave after perfect wave while battling everyone else for scraps. If it's shitty, you have to watch kooks blow the one decent wave that comes through every hour while still battling for scraps.

The common theme is a complete lack of etiquette or knowledge of the underlying rules of surfing. Don't needlessly hassle, don't sit on the main peak if you aren't halfway decent, paddle out alone, etc.

These packs of blissfully unaware sheep paddle out with a minimum of 4 people, mostly on longboards, straight onto the shitty peak you were surfing alone, where they surround you sitting within feet of you and begin paddling like its maxed out jaws for any knee high wave that comes through.

Suddenly you see 4-6 more guys running down the beach, they paddle out at the same spot, and what do you know, everyone knows each other... except you... who has been surfing the same shitty peak for years, alone.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:09 PM

Unfortunately, I live inland enough that gotta drive although I have a solid range of spots within half an hour. I avoid the clusterfucks like Creek and Lowers like the plague. Post-work sessions can be frustrating with cross-chops, onshores, and currents of all kinds but the good thing is that even hard onshore, it still is hollow and dredges on inside on everything below medium tide. The chop can also create wedges as long as it has some NW component to it as opposed to straight west. I'd be lying if I didn't experience some scream-at-the-sky days roflmao but at least I almost always have it to myself without a soul in line of sight. The masochism runs strong.

I did see a surf school set up one day there and it made me wish I had a PA so I could have played the Benny Hill theme at full volume during their paddle out. Instructor and students got absolutely ruined. When they eventually made it out the back, their life got a whole lot worse. roflmao

A lot of days, shit, I'd rather go hiking up in the mountains, especially places that aren't too crowded. That's been a new frontier for me lately and my masochistic streak complements it well - allows me to really push my limits and I feel I haven't even come close to scratching the surface of what I can do. Got some good ones planned out for next year - can't wait. jam_on

Also keep in mind, I'm on the East Coast so good shortboard waves are a limited commodity to begin with. Where I live there are miles of gutless beach breaks that are well suited for logging but only a handful of peaks that offer good shortboard waves. It only takes a couple of these greedy longboard kooks to f everything up.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:10 PM

dont forget they all stretch and warm up together in unison...

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:22 PM

Also keep in mind, I'm on the East Coast so good shortboard waves are a limited commodity to begin with. Where I live there are miles of gutless beach breaks that are well suited for logging but only a handful of peaks that offer good shortboard waves. It only takes a couple of these greedy longboard kooks to f everything up.

Yeah, that would be rough. It's rare where I am at that I would need a longboard (never even owned one) and if it's that dinky, it's perfect for beach/tidepool day with kids, especially in summer.
Posted By: 1whoknows

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:25 PM

I sit on crowded as fcuk peaks with eight 22 year old longboarders, some full on rippers, and I say “hey man, how are ya? Cool board. Who built that? Sweet.” Etc, etc. Chat, shoot the breeze. I get plenty of waves. Maybe they feel sorry for me. Who knows. Does it matter? Otherwise just sit deeper and surf better. SUPs, different story. Can’t compete with an SUP.
Posted By: GDaddy

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:25 PM

I think that if she had done a proper bottom turn instead of making a beeline for the shoulder they could have both shared that wave without a problem. That doesn't excuse the douche on the inside trying to drop in, though.

Everyone has had this happen to them at one point or another.
Posted By: crotchgrab

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:26 PM

This is the methodology I live by.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:35 PM

One thing to take note on this is the manner in which the dispute is being waged in 2018 when compared to how everyone else has previously always handled it in the past. Now the victim will take to social media to shame the offender rather than resolve it on the spot.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
One thing to take note on this is the manner in which the dispute is being waged in 2018 when compared to how everyone else has previously always handled it in the past. Now the victim will take to social media to shame the offender rather than resolve it on the spot.

Stone Age
Bronze Age
iron Age
Computer Age
Passive Aggressive Age

Progress, baby.

Now what we all need are portable EMPs to crash all drones. jam_on

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:49 PM

https://sites.middlebury.edu/individualandthesociety/files/2010/09/jackson_lottery.pdf
Posted By: Truth

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:53 PM

and Auto with the win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That story is insane - just did a unit on that with my classes

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 09:54 PM

She did spray him in the face with her Rinsekit.... roflmao

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: rts265
been wanting to bring this up for a while - now seems like the right time. another female 'surfer' of similar complexion has a post of her on a mat dropping in on black lee (of red vs black lee infamy) calling him a jerk and attacking him for ruining 'her wave'. not too hard to find on insta. ok, lots of catching up to do on this thread.

she does have a bitchy entitled attitude replying on IG
Posted By: obslop

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 11:31 PM

you'd think two kooks would simply cancel each other out but the new Internet math is producing a different answer.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/06/18 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: obslop
you'd think two kooks would simply cancel each other out but the new Internet math is producing a different answer.

Synergism as opposed to antagonism. roflmao

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: CCKeith
ahahahahahahaha! i've dealt with this girl personally after she paddled right past me. and lo and behold here she shows up again! i laughed at the sequence of her getting he leash pulled, imagine she deserved it glad i didn't have the balls to do it otherwise she'd be sending the dogs to internet stalk me! to all the guys bashing the brazzo for groveling scraps if you live anywhere south of point conception im sure you ve done the exact same. looks like this guy had enough of her and surfing probably needs more people with an outlook on the lineup like him.

lets not all miss this post
Posted By: obslop

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 12:02 AM

I think that if she had done a proper bottom turn instead of making a beeline for the shoulder they could have both shared that wave without a problem. That doesn't excuse the douche on the inside trying to drop in, though.

Everyone has had this happen to them at one point or another.

90% of the time i longboard if there is a short boarder able to catch the wave out on the shoulder I say "go ahead". i just ride behind 'em or trim ahead and on down the line. very easy to do in small, weak surf.

i'll also note that a leash should NEVER be worn with a longboard. easy way to avoid what happened although in reading some of the stories on-line it seems like this guy was spoiling for some type of confrontation for whatever reason.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 12:21 AM

If the guy runs a surf school then that's an automatic disqualification on the lead-by-example basis. He gets even less slack than the average Silicon Beach nitwit.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 12:40 AM

Well, she's winning because we're talking about it, even though its obvious by reading this those who actually surf with her know she deserves it

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 12:40 AM

Has she registered here yet?
Posted By: MitchellC

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 12:58 AM

Exactly. That is a standard maneuver for an advanced surfer to send a message to someone hogging waves on oversized equipment.

I do it every chance I get around a SUP, and yell at anyone who doesn't follow suit by either letting a SUP backpaddle or take off outside.

Now, a core caveat is the waves have to be at least worthy of a little competition. If I was out @ Venice* in those conditions, I'd be on a log as well. Why that dude paddled out on a HPSB in those conditions says more about his attitude than skill.

That looks like a normal, "who gives a shit" type of day where people are just trying to get wet and stretch some muscles. (Coming from someone who hasn't been out now for 7 days, and it's not for lack of trying, including wasting time driving up/down parts of the coast.)

Then to cap it off, the perfect intersection of fvcktardary is the SJW ramping up the conflict to levels previously thought impossible. Not sure if this is a thing of beauty, or the same old, same old presented in a new medium.

* Fun fact: I've never surfed between D&Ws and Sunset. Sunset once driving home from work on a huge, messy winter swell with a negative low tide right before sunset. Wasn't too bad out around the back on the exposed sandbar.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 01:12 AM

I think pulling the leash of a kook is a dick move.

Depending on the pecking order, I tend to surf pretty aggressively in the line-up. If I don't recognize someone, or they're not that impressive (I watch everyone to assess), then I'll act like they don't exist. (OTOH, since I've long lost any spot @ the pier, I'm pretty meek these days when I visit the peak.)

That means paddling right past them back out after a wave, sitting a few feet away if they're anywhere close to where I've ID'd the peak, etc.

So, anyway, this past summer I'm doing my standard routine and a guy who looked like a brazzo got annoyed and grabbed my leash. I acted like I didn't know, or that he may have done it unintentionally - after all, I was inches away as I paddled back out past him.

Anyway, yet another set pops up exactly where I'd been sitting, and I took off once again. I think by this time he got the message, because he eventually drifted off to another peak.

I guess the message is: don't do pussy things like grab a leash unless you can back it up.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 01:30 AM

Where do you guys surf where there are so many kooks? My local is a highly concentrated zone of (a few) CT, more QS, hot locals and traveling photo surfers - along with internationals just "checking it out".

I'm so past my prime I'm relegated to 1 or 2 towers either N or S*. Cannot deal with the necessary level of testosterone and aggression to catch waves at the peak anymore - a sure sign of getting older.

*But still close enough to hear the heckling, yelling & screeching. In my experience, that creates a great environment for catching waves, because it tends to bother a lot of people and make them distracted.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 01:44 AM

Not to entirely change the topic, but I have a question for GWS. Remember last week when Harvest hit 14'? Well, I wasted my time checking out a few places and then drove home. I was bored so I decided to walk out on the pier just to look at the ocean.

There were 3 guys on the S side surfing the lefts. It was really big and drifty and I couldn't tell whether the guys were kooks or pros. Well, a huge set came in and one guy whipped and went - definitely not a kook. Really impressive, actually, as he kicked out before the pilings (this is the very end of the pier).

The 3 guys traded a few waves, all charging. Eventually, the rip/drift got to them and they got carried away. Tired of battling - and with the wind coming up - they all got waves in.

I was walking back to my car anyway, and got a little excited with the prospect of trying to ID the one goofy foot who was the most impressive. I did my most casual drive by lurk as he was getting out of his wetsuit. He had a brand new Roberts gun, and he was next to another guy who had some photo equipment.

I took a look @ Roberts' team rider page, but couldn't ID him. Any idea who it was? Mid 20s, 6' tall, board was probably 7' or maybe 7'6". Oh, wears a hoody and has a small moustache.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 02:26 AM

Ever been in the middle of your first mat barrel when a friend you didn't know you had, a friend whose windows need waxing, decides to share the wave with you? #asshole #snakeoftheday #surf #surfer #surfing #blackpeopledontsurf #yeswedo #blacksurfer #ocean #beach #waves #instadaily #instagood #bestoftheday #picoftheday #photooftheday #epic #kookoftheday #getoffmywave #takeittothebeach

A post shared by Surf Sis (@onefinoneheart) on

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: MitchellC

<snip>
That looks like a normal, "who gives a shit" type of day where people are just trying to get wet
<snip>
* Fun fact: I've never surfed between D&Ws and Sunset. Sunset once driving home from work on a huge, messy winter swell with a negative low tide right before sunset. Wasn't too bad out around the back on the exposed sandbar.

Hiya MitchellC!
Dude, you nailed it with what I snip~ied!
Don't we all just wanna paddle out, get wet,
have FUN, before we all have to then deal with real life, with what's ever goin' on in our lives???
Same with that surfer girl, I'd betcha too. And some dude felt the need to jock her, and then, yank her off her ride that she legitimately had caught, before dealin' with her real life sheee~it...
wave2

Look,
there are some 8 to 10 millions pep's hangin' around/livin' in L.A.
I was~a born here, at UCLA no less. No, not in class~room or hall~way, but at Thee Hospital waaaay back in' '62. So I'm very aware of how crowded L.A. has become. And we ALL try to co~exist! And, for the most part, do so...

That said,
there are in~deed some fun waves to be had here!
Even waves easily seen off the road of PCH can be fun, if ya get my drift...
As this dude saw, again, this evenin' at 4:54:40pm as he paddled back out after ridin' another!

With only 2 other dudes out there, wind off~shore + water temp at 61.0°,
you know he had fun this evenin' in L.A.
Get some too, when ya can...
RW
jam_on

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By: ifallalot

Maybe post a link to this thread in her facebook.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 02:29 AM

She’s already here. FecalFace

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 02:48 AM

Black Lee!

Looks like she dropped in on him...

Posted By: laidback

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 03:35 AM

Maybe post a link to this thread in her facebook.

+1

That's a no leash day if I've ever seen one
If she wasn't wearing that leash it would have never happened
#burnyourbras&leashes

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 03:40 AM

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 04:13 AM

Not to entirely change the topic, but I have a question for GWS. Remember last week when Harvest hit 14'? Well, I wasted my time checking out a few places and then drove home. I was bored so I decided to walk out on the pier just to look at the ocean.

There were 3 guys on the S side surfing the lefts. It was really big and drifty and I couldn't tell whether the guys were kooks or pros. Well, a huge set came in and one guy whipped and went - definitely not a kook. Really impressive, actually, as he kicked out before the pilings (this is the very end of the pier).

The 3 guys traded a few waves, all charging. Eventually, the rip/drift got to them and they got carried away. Tired of battling - and with the wind coming up - they all got waves in.

I was walking back to my car anyway, and got a little excited with the prospect of trying to ID the one goofy foot who was the most impressive. I did my most casual drive by lurk as he was getting out of his wetsuit. He had a brand new Roberts gun, and he was next to another guy who had some photo equipment.

I took a look @ Roberts' team rider page, but couldn't ID him. Any idea who it was? Mid 20s, 6' tall, board was probably 7' or maybe 7'6". Oh, wears a hoody and has a small moustache.

Matt McCabe?
Posted By: Cosmogenic

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 05:47 AM

I'm torn...

Yup
Posted By: Barracuda

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 10:43 AM

I get eurokooks paddling around me all the time on bigger boards, mostly ~vanlife~ ones.

They pull up to a break they never surfed before, paddle around a bunch of local guys and get buthurt when people tell them off or drop in on them. After that they go back to their van where they'll leave their trash and toilet paper in the bushes.

God i hate this vanlife trend.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Barracuda
I get eurokooks paddling around me all the time on bigger boards, mostly ~vanlife~ ones.

They pull up to a break they never surfed before, paddle around a bunch of local guys and get buthurt when people tell them off or drop in on them. After that they go back to their van where they'll leave their trash and toilet paper in the bushes.

God i hate this vanlife trend.

I'm just glad I don't have to interact with these kind of people like I did in NorCal. My Sonoma County friends had acquaintances that would have been proto-Vanlifers

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 04:50 PM

roflmao

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 04:52 PM

I guess the message is: don't do pussy things like grab a leash

smile2

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 04:56 PM

Now, a core caveat is the waves have to be at least worthy of a little competition. If I was out @ Venice* in those conditions, I'd be on a log as well. Why that dude paddled out on a HPSB in those conditions says more about his attitude than skill.

That looks like a normal, "who gives a shit" type of day where people are just trying to get wet and stretch some muscles.

This. If I'm out in those kinds of conditions, and getting that heated about things... well, I've got some talking to myself to do.
Posted By: Mr Doof

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 06:45 PM

roflmao

Let me add to the choir roflmao

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 07:31 PM

i bet shes never been tubed. its kind of infuriating "knowing" the truth and reading her version of it

SOMEBODY ASK BLACK LEE WHAT REALLY HAPPENED

via GIPHY

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 07:36 PM

I like her comment lower in the thread... "I was so mad at this dude. And I had no idea I was getting barreled at the time" roflmao

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 07:58 PM

Can we get a video of above incident and a facebook link to a 17 shot sequence?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 08:13 PM

[s][/s]
I like her comment lower in the thread... "I was so mad at this dude. And I had no idea I was getting barreled at the time" roflmao

roflmao

F*ck that. My son got more barreled by far when I was giving him airplane rides in the shorebreak. rolleyes
Posted By: xmesa

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 08:16 PM

sigh
Posted By: Witchipoo

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 08:18 PM

She totally yelled at me on Facebook yesterday! An acquaintance tagged me in a post about this shitshow, an I replied that I didn't know these people and have no idea what really happened, but that I questioned this lady's motives for making such a huge deal out of it (this guy is probably a douche and I'm happy he's getting burned but it also seems like a publicity grab to me). She saw it and called me out! foreheadslap roflmao

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 08:27 PM

Someone should post a link to this thread on their feed.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Witchipoo
She totally yelled at me on Facebook yesterday! An acquaintance tagged me in a post about this shitshow, an I replied that I didn't know these people and have no idea what really happened, but that I questioned this lady's motives for making such a huge deal out of it (this guy is probably a douche and I'm happy he's getting burned but it also seems like a publicity grab to me). She saw it and called me out! foreheadslap roflmao

I think it's the Facebook-after-the-fact angle that is generating some pushback, not the one surfer barking at the other surfer for being an asshole.

You say your piece and then you move on. Calling in the cops or going for the beatdown is crossing the line (in Calif, anyway).

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 09:35 PM

Black Lee should have slapped her up side the mug for "looking at him that way".
Posted By: NinjaPete

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 09:39 PM

I love it. Internet drama at its finest. This is something we can only experience today, relish the moment. So much better than day time soaps or TMZ. This lady and surf instructor will be more famous than Kelly Slater. The surf instructor is a kook, it doesn't matter if he had priority in his mind, the lady is a lady and always gets priority no matter what. I hate it when someone who surfs everyday races at every wave like its a surf contest. Chill, have fun, watch the lady surf. If their leash gets tangled, don't yank on it like a douche, untangle it relax and get set for the next wave. New old rule "Surfer girls always have priority".

It reminds me of a costa rica story where brazo BJJ instructor decided to discipline a local in the line up. The local just happened to be a sicario. Needless to say, the BJJ instructor had a find a new town where to live. This guy only has to deal with a little internet shaming, all in good fun.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: NinjaPete
the lady is a lady and always gets priority no matter what. I hate it when someone who surfs everyday races at every wave like its a surf contest. Chill, have fun, watch the lady surf. If their leash gets tangled, don't yank on it like a douche, untangle it relax and get set for the next wave. New old rule "Surfer girls always have priority".

You're joking, right?

That's a patronizing, patriarchal attitude. Women don't need your special treatment.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: NinjaPete
I love it. Internet drama at its finest. This is something we can only experience today, relish the moment. So much better than day time soaps or TMZ. This lady and surf instructor will be more famous than Kelly Slater. The surf instructor is a kook, it doesn't matter if he had priority in his mind, the lady is a lady and always gets priority no matter what. I hate it when someone who surfs everyday races at every wave like its a surf contest. Chill, have fun, watch the lady surf. If their leash gets tangled, don't yank on it like a douche, untangle it relax and get set for the next wave. New old rule "Surfer girls always have priority".

It reminds me of a costa rica story where brazo BJJ instructor decided to discipline a local in the line up. The local just happened to be a sicario. Needless to say, the BJJ instructor had a find a new town where to live. This guy only has to deal with a little internet shaming, all in good fun.

Worst f'n post in the history of erbb
Posted By: YeahNo

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 10:58 PM

Seems like someone who surfs with her is/was posting here: https://www.surfer.com/blogs/culture/pull-leash-go-jail/

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 11:14 PM

So you fall on a wave because of something someone did, this equals police report?
Posted By: Topeslide

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 11:34 PM

In case you don't know, never ever disrespect a big, beautiful, black woman. I have seen enough Tyler Perry movies to know this.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Topeslide
In case you don't know, never ever disrespect a big, beautiful, black woman. I have seen enough Tyler Perry movies to know this.

Beautiful?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/07/18 11:57 PM

Originally Posted By: YeahNo

Seems like someone who surfs with her is/was posting here: https://www.surfer.com/blogs/culture/pull-leash-go-jail/

From the surfermag article comments.

Pappies! roflmao applause2 roflmao

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 01:09 AM

Shit. We can’t pull leashes now? Last time I did I was all paranoid every time the guard drove by lol. Sounds like someone else here went to much more extreme measures this week roflmao

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 01:16 AM

damn, groms dad was right all along
as bad as it looked at first, on closer inspection he did have to untangle his board from the leash

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 01:20 AM

I've had my leash pulled a few times and pulled a few leashes myself. WHO CARES??

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 01:43 AM

damn, groms dad was right all along
as bad as it looked at first, on closer inspection he did have to untangle his board from the leash

Nobody Listens to Turtle!!!! I mean GromsDad In the Slow Mo video you can even see that her leash pulls the nose of his board to the right which makes him lose balance and he hangs onto the leash.
Posted By: grapedrink

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 01:46 AM

Black Lee should have slapped her up side the mug for "looking at him that way".

After throwing his brand new 6'10" 55 Liter $900 . . . Lost Lazy Boy on the pavement fight

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 01:56 AM

roflmao
Posted By: the janitor

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 02:54 AM

Thank you for sharing this @blackgirlssurf - this kind of behavior has no place in the line up. As surfers we have a responsibility to look out for our fellow surfers. If you’re ever in the water and someone starts pulling shit like this CALL THEM OUT! Thanks again @blackgirlssurf for drawing attention. ・・・ Ridiculous. Men need to chill out in the water. @braziliansurfclub doing the work of nine #kooks here. I don’t use the word kook ever but this time it’s completely warranted. He’s a horrible human being. I saw him yesterday again. After he figured out we weren’t the ones you wanna mess with...he held his head down and packed and left like the coward he is...we’re not done yet. There’s more in store for him. Wagner, you’re going out of business for good. -Rhonda . . . p.s. have a woman ever cussed you out like that before? You looked shook. #kook #droppingin #venicebeach #surfinstructor #surf #california #blackgirlssurf #blackgirls #braziliansurfclub

A post shared by Surfrider LA (@surfriderla) on

So much anger and such a vendetta over a such a minor squabble, not a good look for this gal foreheadslap

(hat tip to topeslide's thread harshing on LA surfrider)

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 03:57 AM

i think brazo was trying to go left, the leash redirected him

and then he pulled the leash, cuz he saw it was BLACK!
Posted By: JJJJS

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 04:46 AM

The plot thickens...

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 05:27 AM

So it looks like GromsDad was right.

Hypothetically smile I could see something going down like this:

The "victim" was shooting a segment for NBC and was either greedy or already committed an offense.
Words may or may not have been exchanged.
She goes for another one; he decides he'll fade her a bit. Something most of us have probably done to a wave hog.
Coincidentally her 10 ft leash wraps the nose of his board.
He goes to unwrap it and in the process decides "Hehe, might as well give her leash a little tug"
She becomes obsessed with ruining his business and his life over it.

Apparently she's not pleased with BeachGrit's coverage noting lots of kooks/beginner types are in outrage mode and the leash does appear to have wrapped the nose of WL's board. Per their phone conversation:
“As the owner of Black Girls Surf, I’m going to tell BeachGrit, I have no comment, no…fooking…comment.”

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 05:37 AM

BTW, Surfrider latching onto this LOL just confirms their worthless kookyness.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 05:24 PM

Chef Wagner Lima,
Page after page of shaka's,
http://chefwagnerlima.tumblr.com/page/6

For a dude who makes his livin' chargin' pep's to catcha wave if he paddles out with them,
ya know schools 'em, well Wagner sure pulled a dick move on that smilin' black surfer gal...

If only she had gave him some cash, like these 3 girlz did, heck, she mighta gotten a shaka too!

shaka

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 05:27 PM

Worth noting: Dropping in on a shortboarder while riding a longboard with a goPro mounted on the nose. It just doesn't get any kookier than that.

Posted By: Aruka

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 05:53 PM

CSI Gromsdad stalking her FB pics from 3 years ago roflmao

The shortboarder looks like he's about 100 yards too deep and fading a bottom turn when he should be racing. But, maybe you can draw some diagrams and enhance the photo to show otherwise. Lord knows you've got nothing better to do.

As far as the leash pulling- it was obviously intentional. Whether or not she deserved it, who knows.

A longboarder SJW vs. a Brazzo surf instructor. If there was any way this situation could force them to both quit surfing that would be the best possible outcome for everyone.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 05:53 PM

Hiya GromsDad,
So if I ever surf with ya, + I feel that you are catchin' too many waves, and then decide to really jock ya on your next wave, even though you had caught it 1st because your lil' short~board might be a lil' wider or thicker than my own board + ya took off deeper than me, ya know, closer to the peak, you gonna be happy when you pass on by me + my nose goes into your trailin' leash, + I yank ya off your board by pullin' on it hard? You're gonna be ok with that? Right? Even it it's only knee~high? Hahaha...

My Beach:
https://youtu.be/Vfq0bvVhQWw
wave2

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 06:08 PM

GoPro makes everything look farther away than it really is. A competent surfer could close that gap in two seconds.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 06:28 PM

I'm sure glad that I don't donate to Surfirder anymore.

RVBWL race has zero to do with any of this. Get that bullshit out of here

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 09:59 PM

well, they deleted their post, but the embed code still has the text, so for posterity, here it is:

Surfriderla: "Thank you for sharing this @blackgirlssurf - this kind of behavior has no place in the line up. As surfers we have a responsibility to look out for our fellow surfers. If you’re ever in the water and someone starts pulling shit like this CALL THEM OUT! Thanks again @blackgirlssurf for drawing attention."

Blackgirlssurf: Ridiculous. Men need to chill out in the water. @braziliansurfclub doing the work of nine #kooks here. I don’t use the word kook ever but this time it’s completely warranted. He’s a horrible human being. I saw him yesterday again. After he figured out we weren’t the ones you wanna mess with...he held his head down and packed and left like the coward he is...we’re not done yet. There’s more in store for him. Wagner, you’re going out of business for good. -Rhonda . . . p.s. have a woman ever cussed you out like that before? You looked shook

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 11:12 PM

hahahahahah like hes scared of the girl kooks

good work groms d

thats racist of her to shoulder hop that white shortboarder. he should file assault charges on her
maybe she thinks its part of slavery reparations

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 11:42 PM

Hmmmm,
now that I got a lil' buzz in me,
this after the tide has gotten lower and that bitchin' lil' right, though still workin' in the shallow sand~bar all along The Point, well it ain't as good as was a few hours ago, so please allow me to chime in, once again, on this most interestin' subject, ok? Thanks...

Some of you are Dads, right?
Maybe your lil girl, your daughter surfs, got a couple, a few years under her belt. Might she even like to ride a long~board when the waves are small, like knee~high? Sure. So say she paddles out on a bigger board, gonna be havin' fun on a sunny Fall day! Gettin' some, before she after~wards does whats~ever she want~sta do with the rest of her day, maybe hang with her girlz, maybe even hang out with you, Dad + Mom. But she is a lil peeved. Worried maybe, about some dude who decided to jock her over a knee~high wave, all because he maybe felt that your daughter was gettin' too many rides, and he, bein' on the wrong equipment, was not. So he pulled a punk move, forcin' the issue, "I need this wave!" like he has not caught enough waves in his life already. "F**K, gotta get that 2 footer, it's a heat winner!!!".

Maybe it ended up that your daughter, who indeed had Thee Right of Way
was then forced to eat sheee~it by some dude who just had to F**k with her, a dude who makes his $$$ by chargin' beginner surfers cash, which allows him to eat, pay his rent, earn a livin', + also give out a
shaka

For a fee...

And you,
you who are Dad's,
are gonna be ok with that???
Riiiight...

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/08/18 11:47 PM

& maybe if your mom had a rock, she'd be your dad
Posted By: goingout

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 01:02 AM

Probably eight grade, walked up the steps into a portable classroom, might have been 1973, some kind of English class, I think, teacher gives some kind of introduction on what the lesson was for the day, says were gonna watch a short film, teacher hits the lights, the A/V helper kid turns on the Bell and Howell 16mm film projector and rolls it. The B&H projector did not malfunction or melt the film so we watched the entire 18 min. film.

The showing of this film was the only thing I can remember from that class, at the time, about 13 years old, I was thinking why did the teacher showed us this particular film?

From that point on, my take on that teacher were somewhat confirmed, she was into messing with 13 year old's minds, like a mad-scientist, she knew what she was doing, unfortunately for us we were the unsuspecting guinea pigs in this twisted Orwellian experiment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZyhVg31iaQ

.....I am goingoutside now.....I remember how dark it was inside that portable classroom....

....and I also remember, after that class how bright and sunny it was.....outside!.....

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 01:28 AM

Hmmmm,
now that I got a lil' buzz in me

was then forced to eat sheee~it by some dude who just had to F**k with her, a dude who makes his $$$ by chargin' beginner surfers cash, which allows him to eat, pay his rent, earn a livin', + also give out a
shaka

For a fee...

And you,
you who are Dad's,
Riiiight...

guilty, I'm a dad to a 17 year old daughter.

Assuming there were no hassling shenanigans prior to that wave, if I'd seen a guy do that to her, I think I'd have waited to see how they sorted it out. If he got aggro after the fact I'd probably have a word. If not I'd probably let it go and ask her about it after we got out of the water.

Dude was wrong for sure, but he apparently tried to apologize (probably poorly) in the parking lot afterwards.

If my daughter went on social media jihad after all that, over something this small, I'd be correcting her behavior and helping her see which things are worth fighting over and which you should just let go.

cheers

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 02:09 AM

Hmmmm,
this after the tide has gotten lower and that bitchin' lil' right, though still workin' in the shallow sand~bar all along The Point, well it ain't as good as was a few hours ago, so please allow me to chime in, once again, on this most interestin' subject, ok? Thanks...

Maybe your lil girl, your daughter surfs, got a couple, a few years under her belt. Might she even like to ride a long~board when the waves are small, like knee~high? Sure. So say she paddles out on a bigger board, gonna be havin' fun on a sunny Fall day! Gettin' some, before she after~wards does whats~ever she want~sta do with the rest of her day, maybe hang with her girlz, maybe even hang out with you, Dad + Mom. But she is a lil peeved. Worried maybe, about some dude who decided to jock her over a knee~high wave, all because he maybe felt that your daughter was gettin' too many rides, and he, bein' on the wrong equipment, was not. So he pulled a punk move, forcin' the issue, "I need this wave!" like he has not caught enough waves in his life already. "F**K, gotta get that 2 footer, it's a heat winner!!!".

shaka

For a fee...

And you,
you who are Dad's,
Riiiight...

Your analogy only works if you take to social media, blame it on racism or sexism. Then call it assault and get the police involved. All the wile ignoring the picture and video evidence that it may very well have been an accidental leash pull.
Posted By: 3dXman

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 02:32 AM

Chef Wagner Lima,
Page after page of shaka's,
http://chefwagnerlima.tumblr.com/page/6

For a dude who makes his livin' chargin' pep's to catcha wave if he paddles out with them,
ya know schools 'em, well Wagner sure pulled a dick move on that smilin' black surfer gal...

beer~HEy There,. Oldtimer &Wise-Carp !~
R u trying 2 say That Brazilillons arent down with Afro-surfers~ ~/?
YA need 2 xplain t hat situation 2 chargin' pep'sthat catcha 12" wave.,
vomit Im hopin~ we dont get a WattS riots from this incidant>. dancing

WE Have no Portaggee ideaz., ~ ~ socrazy U catchin' wutt i'm pitchin" Cowboy? helmet
Posted By: Aruka

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 02:42 AM

I cannot for the life of me fathom how anyone would look at the pics and video and think that his pulling of her leash was accidental.
Posted By: Leaverite

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 02:47 AM

Assault used to be when you got out of the water and you looked like a Jackolantern.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 04:58 AM

SoCal arguing over a 1’ close out waves, meanwhile NS is going off & dude died surfing big OB. fook her, fook him, and fook Surfrider. They’re all a bunch of kooks and an embarrassment to surfing. Bunch of kooks arguing amount themselves roflmao
Posted By: Leaverite

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 05:20 AM

Restraining Orders...

Welcome to the new surfing/ER reality.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 11:56 AM

Hmmmm,

shaka

For a fee...

And you,
you who are Dad's,
Riiiight...

Why is my daughter any different than my son? Or anyone else for that matter?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 03:04 PM

New post on beachgrit, it appears that gromsdad may have been right, imagine that!
Posted By: sussle

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 03:20 PM

Hmmmm,

shaka

For a fee...

And you,
you who are Dad's,
Riiiight...

Why is my daughter any different than my son? Or anyone else for that matter?
true dat.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 03:21 PM

Pretty much what I expected.

Its pretty clear that Lima was going on that wave no matter what. The only reason any surfer would do that would be if there was more to the story. Turns out there was.

What Lima didn't expect was to get tangled in her 10 foot long knee leash as he went to get to his feet. From there he tried to extricate himself and his board from the leash, losing his balance as the nose of his board got pulled to his right. He held onto the leash for a split second and it stretched as it is designed to do then let it go and the female lost her balance from the combination of the tug and the fact that she is distracted and looking back at him.

Also, it is worth noting that the leg that her knee leash was attached to is not the leg that comes off of the board. Had the leash pull been such a violent pull as it is portrayed the leg with the leash attached would have come off first and she would have done the splits. The leash stretching as it is designed to do makes it look worse than it really is to people who know nothing about surfing.......or leash pulling.

https://beachgrit.com/2018/12/exclusive-shocking-twist-in-venice-leash-pull-hate-crime/

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 03:23 PM

New post on beachgrit, it appears that gromsdad may have been right, imagine that!

Its the best post I've read on Beachgrit in a while

Also from that article

Quote:
What troubles me about the event, and it should you too, is the notion of a ‘rinse kit’.

roflmao

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 03:31 PM

This is the frame where he gets tangled in the leash. Pretty sure if there were an opposite angle you would see that the leash has made it all the way to his hands and front foot. He's also now digging his nose a bit as a result and could have easily have over the handlebars. This is where he faces a decision. Get train wrecked and end up an a tangle of boards and leashes probably dinging his board.....or grab hold of the leash and try to make an escape.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 03:36 PM

In this frame, he's let go of the leash......no harm no fowl. Notice, her feet are still planted on her board but she is looking backwards and as a result she's too much on her back foot and off balance and her heel on her front foot is beginning to lift.

Its not easy to surf when your attention is not on the road ahead. She loses her balance and falls in the water with the leg that had the leash attached the last to leave the board.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 04:07 PM

Let’s start a gofundme for Wagner

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 04:08 PM

Quote:
Rhonda Harper, Danielle Lyons, and Khadija Sambe show up at the Venice Pier to meet with a crew from NBC.
Once there, the group of women became “bossy”, “territorial” , “acting like they run the place”, “telling other surfers they can’t surf here because they are going to film”. They were snaking several other surfers repeatedly. (This is coming from several surfers questioned about that day, all were asked separately about what happened and all were saying the same things.)
Wagner Lima, noticing the film crew, went up and asked who they were filming. “The pro surfer out there,” he was told by the cameraperson. Being told she was a pro surfer and with her own camera crew, Lima watched to check out her surfing. Not impressed with her level of surfing, Lima laughed it off as being a “joke”, which he told the camera person. (This is coming from Lima.)
Lima then hits the water to surf. Once in, he starts getting the same treatment the other surfers were getting from the women. Getting snaked too. After putting up with it for awhile, the wave with the leash pull happens.
Lima mentions how her leash went around his board, so he yanked it.
He attempt to say sorry right after, but she wasn’t having it.
They all go on about there day, Lima leaves the water, gets smoothie, does some business. He sees the women again in the parking lot and goes up to them to apologize again. He gets cursed out and sprayed head-to-toe with water from the women’s rinse kit.
Soon after is when Harper starts her ruthless online vendetta against Lima. She shows up at the Venice Pier the next day and tells Lima she is going to ruin him. (This comes from Lima.)
Apparently, Harper is infamous in Southern California for showing up to surf spots with her group and acting like they run the place. (This also comes from surfers that said they recognized who she was and know how she acts. There’s even comments on surf forums about her. Her personal Facebook page is filled with posts she made showing anger towards men, white people and the surf industry in general.) To sum it all up: these women showed up to a new surf spot, tried to run the place, started snaking all the other surfers, then one of them got snaked and Rick Cane’d.
What troubles me about the event, and it should you too, is the notion of a ‘rinse kit’.
Have you ever heard of such a thing?
When did they enter common parlance and usage?
And, do people actually walk into a store and buy or does it come in the complete adult learner package?

roflmao

It's too bad nobody caught the RinseKit assault on video.

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 04:14 PM

I suppose he should press charges for the rinse kit assault

Also, file suit for defamation of character

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 04:23 PM

Why not? He probably has actual financial damages. Their repeated publicly stated goal was to "ruin" him. Bring on the lawyers! wink

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 04:37 PM

I guess we can do a GoFundMe

Even easier would be just to counter the bad Yelp reviews

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 04:39 PM

Don’t get me wrong a brazzo sure instructor is scum and trump should deport his ass but the other side of this saga is vomit

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 04:42 PM

Don’t get me wrong a brazzo sure instructor is scum and trump should deport his ass but the other side of this saga is vomit

To clarify, surf instruction should be illegal

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 04:42 PM

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 04:56 PM

[quote] Rhonda Harper, Danielle Lyons, and Khadija Sambe show up at the Venice Pier to meet with a crew from NBC.
Once there, the group of women became “bossy”, “territorial” , “acting like they run the place”, “telling other surfers they can’t surf here because they are going to film”. They were snaking several other surfers repeatedly. (This is coming from several surfers questioned about that day, all were asked separately about what happened and all were saying the same things.)
Wagner Lima, noticing the film crew, went up and asked who they were filming. “The pro surfer out there,” he was told by the cameraperson. Being told she was a pro surfer and with her own camera crew, Lima watched to check out her surfing. Not impressed with her level of surfing, Lima laughed it off as being a “joke”, which he told the camera person. (This is coming from Lima.)
Lima then hits the water to surf. Once in, he starts getting the same treatment the other surfers were getting from the women. Getting snaked too. After putting up with it for awhile, the wave with the leash pull happens.
They all go on about there day, Lima leaves the water, gets smoothie, does some business. He sees the women again in the parking lot and goes up to them to apologize again. He gets cursed out and sprayed head-to-toe with water from the women’s rinse kit.
Soon after is when Harper starts her ruthless online vendetta against Lima. She shows up at the Venice Pier the next day and tells Lima she is going to ruin him. (This comes from Lima.)
Apparently, Harper is infamous in Southern California for showing up to surf spots with her group and acting like they run the place. (This also comes from surfers that said they recognized who she was and know how she acts. There’s even comments on surf forums about her. Her personal Facebook page is filled with posts she made showing anger towards men, white people and the surf industry in general.) To sum it all up: these women showed up to a new surf spot, tried to run the place, started snaking all the other surfers, then one of them got snaked and Rick Cane’d.
And, do people actually walk into a store and buy or does it come in the complete adult learner package?

Not surprised to hear this.

The look of a sense of purpose in the fade, the NBC camera crew, the longboards, the bloated sense of self importance evident among the females involved, my personal experience with the girl in the photo, the personal experiences of others reported here, etc.
Posted By: thrillkicker

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 04:58 PM

GROMSDAD FOR THE WIN!

He actually took the time to look at the photo-sequence carefully.
bowdown

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 04:58 PM

It looks like things are not going to work out like Ronda expected. She forgot about "throwing stones in a glass house".

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 05:15 PM

Its pretty clear that Lima was going on that wave no matter what.

Mornin' GromsDad!
Just waitin' to watch The Pipe Masters if on today.
I know I'm on opposin' views with ya + most others here about this story, but that's ok,
esh many of ya don't even keep it local any~more, ya ride over~seas pop~outs instead of surf boards made from your local shaper, I still ride local shapes, but hey, times have changed, and many of us have differ~ing thoughts...

Question,
you ever surfed the Venice Pier where this happened? I have, even body~whompin' it when it was just shore~break barrels, ah, Venice's version of Sandy Beach back when in the '70's, early '80's, and then as local beaches filled in with more+more sand it became a surf spot. It is the 1 local spot where some of the og Venice Boyz might still stop by, shoot the sheee~it, where the Santa Monica boyz who claim Venice hang out and surf, where pep's get heckled all the time, where ya might get punked for bein' an out~sider. There are still real locals there, who know how to surf, sk8, and with others who like to enforce, well confrontations can still happen.

Heck, Venice lifeguards will regulate, brawl too, even whilest on~the~clock!
Watch this cute' lil vid below. Oscar even decides to joins in to help make the fight a bit more fun...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jefLOw3S7w

So,
back on topic,
well from readin' around, it seems like Wagner went out there, with intent.
The gist I get of what happened is that the chicks were in the water 1st,
bein' agro at a local spot + as he's a local, f**k 'em. Sound about right?

The leash pull happened due to Wagner's actions.
Once again, the female surfer was up 1st, riding closer to the peak.
He was, as you wrote, goin' no matter what. Her knee/calf leash was doin' what any leash does, trailin' behind her. HE got tangled up in it, because he would not back down, stop paddling + pull back, so he then interfered with her ride at a public beach. Was she pissed? I wonder too how their conversation went when Wagner + she surfaced near each other afterwards, before they then chatted, hahaha, in the parkin' lot where he then got sprayed? roflmao

Btw,
betcha every single 1 of ya who argues over this
would be livid if, say I pulled a Wagner on you in knee high surf...
fight

See ya,
and ah,
Peace!
RW

PS ~ Random L.A. story.
This is an old pic of Sarlo,

surfin' farther up the beach, at The Jetty. Circa '82.
Rights went off there every winter, lefts too in the summer, I kinda owned the lefts, Sarlo~the rights.
The Pier was still for body~whompin'. Venice was very localized back then, waaay more so than now~adayz, for it got pretty f**kin' good there every winter/summer too, sometimes. 1 fine day the boyz were gettin' some Jetty barrels, kinda pumping, but some dude, a regular footer who knew how to surf had paddled out, was getting too many pits. A few of us spectatin' were a lil' annoyed, so when I paddled out, 1st wave, I snaked him, stuffed his arse, from what I heard, he ate sheee~it hard towards the rocks there as I then laid~back into another V~Bowl. He got hurt abit, went in, RW got some local prop's, for bein' a punk. And that's exactly what I was back then, as were many others too.

It is my opinion that Brazilian, err, ah Venice local
Wagner Lima pulled a dick move, over knee~high surf...
shaka

Posted By: HarryLopez

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 05:28 PM

OT is smiling darkly somewhere.

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 05:40 PM

Why not? He probably has actual financial damages. Their repeated publicly stated goal was to "ruin" him. Bring on the lawyers! wink

We could get the court proceedings on pay per view. As it can be proven that she had malicious intent in attacking his yelp and it can be shown that this was an accidental entanglement she could have opened herself to having to make financial reparations for the damage she caused to his business reputation. Would be interesting to watch unfold.
Posted By: sussle

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 06:32 PM

We could get the court proceedings on pay per view. As it can be proven that she had malicious intent in attacking his yelp and it can be shown that this was an accidental entanglement she could have opened herself to having to make financial reparations for the damage she caused to his business reputation. Would be interesting to watch unfold.
quite. the Beachgrit piece is enlightening. everyone involved should cut their losses and walk away.

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 07:34 PM

I hope and pray that this is one stepping stone on the journey that makes surfing not cool again.

Re: This guy deserves a medal - 12/09/18 07:43 PM

I hope and pray that this is one stepping stone on the journey that makes surfing not cool again.

I had high hopes that the 2008 recession would have this sort of effect and fewer people would have the money and time to surf. Nope. The opposite effect. People used it as an opportunity to surf more. Probably the origins of Van Life, bloggers and new products like the Rinse Kit as people looked for something to do with their free time without jobs. roflmao

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 08:06 PM

GromsDad,
Didn't van~life morph from waaay back in Thee Gidget Dayz,
ya know when Tubesteak, Moon~doggie, + the other long~boarding boyz + girlz,
(ya know, the kinds of pep's ya seem to hate now for how early they can catch waves before you do)
who were livin' a nomadic life~style just to surf The 'Bu in The '50's???

Or was it when Dorian Paskowitz lived in his RV and had allll them lil' menehunes down in Thee O.C.

Dude chased his own dream!!! Think this surf instructor woulda hassled a girl over a knee~high wave?
For some reason, I don't.
RW

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: HarryLopez
OT is smiling darkly somewhere.

smile2

I was thinking the same thing.

He’s not the only one.

Dark days. batman

What the leash didn’t ruin social media will. rolleyes

Roller Derby!

Fvckin’ kooks.

Somebody needs to post a picture of her ninnies. His too (for Skully)

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 09:05 PM

I love not using a leash when it's not crowded.

It's like boning without a condom which I also love.
Posted By: grg

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 09:07 PM

The man OT (Trustafarian per GG) is doing well. Just chatted with him the other day and his little right hand point is shaping up nicely. He's got some trusty Bonzers and doing it right.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 11:21 PM

Van life can get you killed in Romania.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/09/18 11:53 PM

I am 1/16 Black Foot and had my leash pulled by a white man at Ala Moana Bowls in August of 1993. I'm available for comment.
Posted By: maybe

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 02:59 AM

Saw the photo of 1-2 ft surf. Chick riding a log with a leash and a dude riding a short board.
Simple to figure out that it’s a kook-on-kook crime. Fock if I’m gonna spend the time to read this thread.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 04:04 AM

kook-on-kook crime is the name of my new CSI screen play.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 04:23 AM

Its pretty clear that Lima was going on that wave no matter what.

Mornin' GromsDad!
Just waitin' to watch The Pipe Masters if on today.
I know I'm on opposin' views with ya + most others here about this story, but that's ok,
esh many of ya don't even keep it local any~more, ya ride over~seas pop~outs instead of surf boards made from your local shaper, I still ride local shapes, but hey, times have changed, and many of us have differ~ing thoughts...

Question,
you ever surfed the Venice Pier where this happened? I have, even body~whompin' it when it was just shore~break barrels, ah, Venice's version of Sandy Beach back when in the '70's, early '80's, and then as local beaches filled in with more+more sand it became a surf spot. It is the 1 local spot where some of the og Venice Boyz might still stop by, shoot the sheee~it, where the Santa Monica boyz who claim Venice hang out and surf, where pep's get heckled all the time, where ya might get punked for bein' an out~sider. There are still real locals there, who know how to surf, sk8, and with others who like to enforce, well confrontations can still happen.

Heck, Venice lifeguards will regulate, brawl too, even whilest on~the~clock!
Watch this cute' lil vid below. Oscar even decides to joins in to help make the fight a bit more fun...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jefLOw3S7w

So,
back on topic,
well from readin' around, it seems like Wagner went out there, with intent.
The gist I get of what happened is that the chicks were in the water 1st,
bein' agro at a local spot + as he's a local, f**k 'em. Sound about right?

The leash pull happened due to Wagner's actions.
Once again, the female surfer was up 1st, riding closer to the peak.
He was, as you wrote, goin' no matter what. Her knee/calf leash was doin' what any leash does, trailin' behind her. HE got tangled up in it, because he would not back down, stop paddling + pull back, so he then interfered with her ride at a public beach. Was she pissed? I wonder too how their conversation went when Wagner + she surfaced near each other afterwards, before they then chatted, hahaha, in the parkin' lot where he then got sprayed? roflmao

Btw,
betcha every single 1 of ya who argues over this
would be livid if, say I pulled a Wagner on you in knee high surf...
fight

See ya,
and ah,
Peace!
RW

PS ~ Random L.A. story.
This is an old pic of Sarlo,

surfin' farther up the beach, at The Jetty. Circa '82.
Rights went off there every winter, lefts too in the summer, I kinda owned the lefts, Sarlo~the rights.
The Pier was still for body~whompin'. Venice was very localized back then, waaay more so than now~adayz, for it got pretty f**kin' good there every winter/summer too, sometimes. 1 fine day the boyz were gettin' some Jetty barrels, kinda pumping, but some dude, a regular footer who knew how to surf had paddled out, was getting too many pits. A few of us spectatin' were a lil' annoyed, so when I paddled out, 1st wave, I snaked him, stuffed his arse, from what I heard, he ate sheee~it hard towards the rocks there as I then laid~back into another V~Bowl. He got hurt abit, went in, RW got some local prop's, for bein' a punk. And that's exactly what I was back then, as were many others too.

It is my opinion that Brazilian, err, ah Venice local
Wagner Lima pulled a dick move, over knee~high surf...
shaka

Where did you learn to type?
Do you talk in real life like this?
I'm willing to bet most here skip right over your posts
Posted By: tacos

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 04:59 AM

I’ll admit I used to skip over his posts but now I kind of enjoy them, I can appreciate some old school LA stories. But yeah, his writing (and a few others) is interesting. Seems like it would take more time and effort to keep up with the online persona/dialect/accent.

Between this thread and the old El Porto fight thread, glad I moved out of LA. I do miss living 2 houses back from Porto though, consistent enough wave when you have 4 days off a week and plus the benches on the strand above the lot are prime surf check/coffee drinking/buffoonery watching spots.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 01:23 PM

It’s on nbc channel 4!

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 01:43 PM

rolleyes socrazy

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 02:08 PM

Hahaha, best videos yet!
And who was up 1st and also closer to The Peak?
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/sport...-502217971.html

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 02:13 PM

Lol that was brutal. No mention of rinsekit. This guy is ruined.

But cmon rw, how many times did she hog the waves. You guys wouldn’t have regulated a bunch of longboard outsiders back in the day?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 02:14 PM

Heya Ifallalot,
it's a dude f**kin' with a chick.
so I'll make it easier for ya, ok?
If the girl was your daughter, your girl~friend, your wife surfin' and this clown pulled that stunt on her, you still gonna be ok with it? Mr Surf Instructor should have backed off her wave, the incident never woulda happened...
wave2

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 02:15 PM

Hahaha, best videos yet!

"The members declined to accept his apology."

confused2

Really?
I thought the women claimed they cussed him out and sprayed him with their Rinsekit?
Why didn't they tell that to NBC?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 02:22 PM

Heya Ifallalot,
If the girl was your daughter, your girl~friend, your wife surfin' and this clown pulled that stunt on her, you still gonna be ok with it? Mr Surf Instructor should have backed off her wave, the incident never woulda happened...
wave2

What about if it was his son being the wavehog?

Or is it only women who get a free pass for being a wavehog?

I'm going to remind you, the "victim" gets around seems to have a habit of bad behavior.

This was a leashpull. Not a punch in the face.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 02:23 PM

Worth noting that the reverse angle makes it even more obvious that her leash tangled with the nose of his board which led to the leash grab.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 02:24 PM

Heya Ifallalot,
wave2

I'm going to remind you, the "victim" gets around seems to have a habit of bad behavior.

The bigger question is would he take to social media claiming it was because of izms, defame the man's business and then involve the police over something so minor.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 02:25 PM

Worth noting that the reverse angle makes it even more obvious that her leash tangled with the nose of his board which led to the leash grab.

Yeah. It’s clear in this video. I don’t think this is a case of picking on girls.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 02:36 PM

Good day sir, smile
I am takin' the side of the surfer who had the right of way.
If it were a she who jock~ied him, grabbed his leash and yanked it causin' loss of ride,
well my stance on this subject would still be the same, ok?

That said,
it is HIS board which got tangled up with her leash.
BECAUSE she had the right of wave, right?

By the way,
those are pretty small waves to be hasslin' some~one for!
Have a bitchin' day boyz!
RW

Heya rts265,
look at the sky right now over L.A. rad sun~rise, no?
And, and, +, it's gone...
jam_on

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 02:40 PM

Good day sir, smile
If it were a she who jock~ied him, grabbed his leash and yanked it causin' loss of ride,

That said,

By the way,
Have a bitchin' day boyz!
RW

Heya rts265,
look at the sky right now over L.A. rad sun~rise, no?

Yet this isn't a matter of a lost ride. She's calling this assault. She is blaming this on racism and sexism. She is involving the police. She is defaming his business. This is also what you are attaching yourself to. Agree????

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 03:02 PM

Good day sir, smile

That said,

Hogs on longboards don't have right of way.

Unless you're cool with 2 or 3 of them sitting outside and picking off every single wave that comes through.

Quote:
By the way,

Hasslin' or hoggin'
You forgot the hoggin' part. blush

Sometimes you just want to get wet.

I'm sure everyone that lives in that zone, at one time or another, has ridden a small groveler is knee high waves.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 03:15 PM

It’s on nbc channel 4!

Saw it this morning

Headline was LOCAL SURF INSTRUCTOR HARASSES FEMALE SURFERS

foreheadslap

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 03:23 PM

It’s on nbc channel 4!

Saw it this morning

foreheadslap

Damzels in diztress!

Exalt the patriarchy!

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 03:41 PM

if this guy had a real job he'd be fired.

Most brazzos that are here come from $$$

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 03:44 PM

Hahaha, best videos yet!

Did you miss the below, or do you just not want to deal with it?

Quote:
Rhonda Harper, Danielle Lyons, and Khadija Sambe show up at the Venice Pier to meet with a crew from NBC.

So, according to that, they were repeatedly snaking multiple surfers and trying to throw people out of the water. If that's true, does she still have "right of way" in this situation? She gets to violate the rules and then after repeatedly violating the rules, she gets to hide behind them? Really? That doesn't work most places.

And FYI, that whole "who is up first" stuff ceases to work when you have longboards mixing with shortboards. I can pull out a longboard, sit outside of you on a shorty and fade in from the shoulder to cut you off over and over again and be to my feet first with you "closest to the peak." Longboard kooks like to camp on the "first up" thing as they cut people off. You have to know this.

For me personally, if she had repeatedly cut me off, would I start paddling in in front of her? Yup. Because she's a woman, I wouldn't have grabbed her leash, but let's stop pretending like a leash grab is some sort of violent assault. That leash does the equivalent of grabbing her leg every time she falls. That's how it works. It's nice and stretchy to dissipate the tug. (as I point out what should be obvious) Again, I don't think he should have done it, but given the above accounts from multiple witnesses I can understand it. Cutting her off is just doing to her what she had apparently been doing to everyone else according to those accounts. Again, you don't get to repeatedly violate the rules and then hide behind the rules.

This is a tempest in a teapot. It's ridiculous. But since this has been made into "news" NBC should probably release ALL the footage they took of the session. Let's see every wave. Every shot. Let's see every drop in.

As to what would happen if it were my wife or daughter, I would tell him he needs to keep his hands off of women. By the same token I would also tell my wife/daughter that you can't go around trying to throw people out of the water like you own it. You can't shoulder hop/wave hog and then be "surprised" when someone retaliates and does the same thing back to you. I would tell my wife/daughter she needs to learn how to behave so I don't have to get into a fight to defend her and her obnoxious behavior. When you start riding a wave with multiple people, surfing becomes a contact sport IMO. The contact can be inadvertent or intentional. This was minor. A foul. She takes two shots and the game goes on. This circus? barf

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 03:47 PM

Quote:
It's ridiculous. But since this has been made into "news" NBC should probably release ALL the footage they took of the session. Let's see every wave. Every shot. Let's see every drop in.

YES!

was wagner actually charged with anything? anyone know?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 04:02 PM

Hahaha, best videos yet!

Did you miss the below, or do you just not want to deal with it?

Quote:

So, according to that, they were repeatedly snaking multiple surfers and trying to throw people out of the water. If that's true, does she still have "right of way" in this situation? She gets to violate the rules and then after repeatedly violating the rules, she gets to hide behind them? Really? That doesn't work most places.

And FYI, that whole "who is up first" stuff ceases to work when you have longboards mixing with shortboards. I can pull out a longboard, sit outside of you on a shorty and fade in from the shoulder to cut you off over and over again and be to my feet first with you "closest to the peak." Longboard kooks like to camp on the "first up" thing as they cut people off. You have to know this.

For me personally, if she had repeatedly cut me off, would I start paddling in in front of her? Yup. Because she's a woman, I wouldn't have grabbed her leash, but let's stop pretending like a leash grab is some sort of violent assault. That leash does the equivalent of grabbing her leg every time she falls. That's how it works. It's nice and stretchy to dissipate the tug. (as I point out what should be obvious) Again, I don't think he should have done it, but given the above accounts from multiple witnesses I can understand it. Cutting her off is just doing to her what she had apparently been doing to everyone else according to those accounts. Again, you don't get to repeatedly violate the rules and then hide behind the rules.

This is a tempest in a teapot. It's ridiculous. But since this has been made into "news" NBC should probably release ALL the footage they took of the session. Let's see every wave. Every shot. Let's see every drop in.

As to what would happen if it were my wife or daughter, I would tell him he needs to keep his hands off of women. By the same token I would also tell my wife/daughter that you can't go around trying to throw people out of the water like you own it. You can't shoulder hop/wave hog and then be "surprised" when someone retaliates and does the same thing back to you. I would tell my wife/daughter she needs to learn how to behave so I don't have to get into a fight to defend her and her obnoxious behavior. When you start riding a wave with multiple people, surfing becomes a contact sport IMO. The contact can be inadvertent or intentional. This was minor. A foul. She takes two shots and the game goes on. This circus? barf

It’s LA. In 2018. There are no rules. fight

Nobody is gonna post a picture of her ninnies? pacifier facelick

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Aruka
I cannot for the life of me fathom how anyone would look at the pics and video and think that his pulling of her leash was accidental.

The leash pull WAS intentional, but it occurred after his board was through the loop on her leash. At that point, he could either try to clear the leash from his board with his hand, or surf through it. Either way, Internet Stalker Chica was going in the drink, and had he not tried to clear the leash, most likely boards were getting dinged.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 04:35 PM

Hahaha, best videos yet!

Mainstream media eats this up. Male picks on black female.

Doesn't matter what the facts are.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 04:36 PM

Heya Ifallalot,
wave2

Your politics suck, but you're not wrong on this one.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 05:19 PM

As suspected by most, it looks like the woman and her crew were the primary aggressors earlier and have zero etiquette. Not surprising these days where less and less people even understand the concept of etiquette.

https://beachgrit.com/2018/12/exclusive-shocking-twist-in-venice-leash-pull-hate-crime/

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 06:11 PM

Lol. This whole story is the biggest joke ever. Are we really taking an anonymous letter to Beachgrit as the gospel on this incident now?

Everyone involved should be silenced and shunned forever. Wagner - the overly aggressive kook blow-in "surf instructor", these insane women wanting to ruin his life over a leash pull in 1-foot waves, every "journalist" that has reported on it, and every moron that thinks they "know" what happened. dancing wave2

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 07:34 PM

u know, spraying him with a rinse kit is also assault

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 07:41 PM

u know, spraying him with a rinse kit is also assault

I kind of feel like that is the only redeeming part of the story monkey

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 07:49 PM

People who surf piers are generally territorial. Even if there was a better peak down the beach or even the other side of the pier, there’s no way wag was gonna let this go. We need a when keeping it real goes wrong clip in here.
Posted By: Boneroni

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 08:13 PM

Lol. This whole story is the biggest joke ever. Are we really taking an anonymous letter to Beachgrit as the gospel on this incident now?

Everyone involved should be silenced and shunned forever. Wagner - the overly aggressive kook blow-in "surf instructor", these insane women wanting to ruin his life over a leash pull in 1-foot waves, every "journalist" that has reported on it, and every moron that thinks they "know" what happened. dancing wave2

I was thinking the same thing.

Then I saw this, laughed, and decided it's worth all this fvckery roflmao applause2

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 09:15 PM

Yelp pulled my "review" yet left up all the negative ones.

Nice going, Google

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 09:23 PM

Breaking news!

CNBS was filming a documentary tentatively named Transvestites Can't Jump over at the Venice beach basketball courts and sources say someone drove on the basket and someone else took a charge! shocked Word has it there is a 2nd degree owie involved here. Words were passed. Then there was a victim measuring contest and finally somebody got sprayed with a Rinse Kit full of Gatorade. Reputations will ruined, careers will be ended. People fall down, go boom and have red spots. The humanity. Film at eleven.
Posted By: Bonzer5Fin

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 09:30 PM

Breaking news!

CNBS was filming a documentary tentatively named Transvestites Can't Jump over at the Venice beach basketball courts and sources say someone drove on the basket and someone else took a charge! shocked Word has it there is a 2nd degree owie involved here. Words were passed. Then there was a victim measuring contest and finally somebody got sprayed with a Rinse Kit full of Gatorade. Reputations will ruined, careers will be ended. People fall down, go boom and have red spots. The humanity. Film at eleven.

This could be post of the year.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 09:35 PM

Breaking news!

While I love the concept that someone would call an offensive foul in a pickup game, the potential for a tranny shirts vs. skins game is even better.
Posted By: santacruzin

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 10:22 PM

If you bring a network camera crew to a surf-break you are a kook

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/10/18 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: santacruzin

This is all I need to know. She is 1000% in the wrong for doing this, and deserves anything she got. WTF was she thinking?

I am deeply remorseful that I was polite to her when she bitched me out on Facebook. barf

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 12:16 AM

The more that comes out the less sympathy I have for either side. It seems that both people involved were out to demonstrate dominance that day.

Regardless, we're not talking about simply burning someone for a wave or barking at them for being a wavehog - examples of which many of us probably witness on a near-weekly basis. When someone knowingly angles in to bump rails that's taking things too far. Especially when it's over 1ft mush.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 01:33 AM

Off on a tangent...

So if someone takes off in front of you, full blatant shoulder hop, if that person is close enough to you that you can reach out and push them, and you do, is that assault? Isn't someone who insists on riding a wave with you behind them changing surfing from a solitary sport and into a contact sport? Does the shoulder hopper assume any risk for surfing in front of you or do you have sole responsibility for their safety? Moral vs legal?

I think most of us have probably seen shoulder hoppers get pushed and then become indignant about the fact that they were pushed. They claim that you can't touch them. "Assault!" But is it assault? If someone was running down the sidewalk running into people would it be assault to defensively push them out of your path? Same thing?

Microphone on an iPhone. Deal with it.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 01:49 AM

Off on a tangent...

So if someone takes off in front of you, full blatant shoulder hop, if that person is close enough to you that you can reach out and push them, and you do, is that assault? Isn't someone who insists on riding a wave with you behind them changing surfing from a solitary sport and into a contact sport? Does the shoulder hopper assume any risk for surfing in front of you or do you have sole responsibility for their safety? Moral vs legal?

I think most of us have probably seen shoulder hoppers get pushed and then become indignant about the fact that they were pushed. They claim that you can't touch them. "Assault!" But is it assault? If someone was running down the sidewalk running into people would it be assault to defensively push them out of your path? Same thing?

Yes, same thing.

I grab the board to protect my shins.

or

My arms are up to keep them from hitting me.

Posted By: Bonzer5Fin

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 02:41 AM

They are both kooks.. Ban them both.
Posted By: test_article

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 02:53 AM

Would that it had been two white male kooks?

NOTHINGBURGER!!!!!

PAR FOR THE COURSE!!!!!

ANOTHER DAY IN CALIDISE!!!!!!

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 02:54 AM

I leash pulled and paddled under the same basturds that were doing the same thing to me back in the late '80s.

It was tit for tat and understood. There was no.. hey fvck you when we ran into each other on the beach afterwards. It was understood. It is war out there and every man or women is on their own in that arena when it comes to getting waves in a crowded line-up.

I just don't get it. Jockey for position but don't break the rules and all good.

I still have two adversaries from back then but we still remain cordial when we see each other.

They were bad to me at times. I gave it back. It's part of the program and if you can't deal with it then GTFO of the water and don't come back.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 03:12 AM

if wagner went out ther to fuuck with her, u think he'd take 1 of his wavestorms

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 03:17 AM

It’s on nbc channel 4!

Saw it this morning

foreheadslap

Guy's from Brazil and the first word of the headline is Local.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 03:19 AM

This is all I need to know. She is 1000% in the wrong for doing this, and deserves anything she got. WTF was she thinking?

I am deeply remorseful that I was polite to her when she bitched me out on Facebook. barf

Why did she bitch you out on Facebook?
Posted By: grapedrink

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 03:21 AM

CUZ PATRIARKY AND WHYTE PRIVLIGE

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 05:01 AM

I think I posted about it upthread, but basically someone tagged me in a post about this retardation, and I said that I didn't know any of the people involved but that I sort of questioned the woman's motives for making a huge deal out of what looked to me like everyday fuckery. I also mentioned that there are plenty of black surfers in L.A. and that it was kind of lame the way she acts like it's some kind of groundbreaking thing to be a black woman who surfs.

And then she somehow saw my post, and yelled at me. At that point I still didn't know anything about the situation so I was nice about it and we resolved things amicably, but now that I hear that she was telling people to get out of the water because she had a film crew with her, I feel deep shame and remorse for being nice. I hate that shite more than anything. I'm not even okay with surf contests, but this . . . . barf barf barf barf

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 06:38 AM

Quote:
now that I hear that she was telling people to get out of the water because she had a film crew with her

If this is true.. crazy2

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 01:59 PM

Everyday squabbles wouldn't garner this much threadage, especially from GromsDad. No, this is compelling because of race and gender.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: test_article
Everyday squabbles wouldn't garner this much threadage, especially from GromsDad. No, this is compelling because of race and gender.

You find this compelling? Looks like garden variety fvckery to me.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 04:09 PM

I had a black female try to take cuts getting off the plane in London and told her to wait her turn.

Normally I wouldn't say anything but I was fed up with life at that time.

She gets all aggressive and says, "Oh, are you going to stop me?"

I blocked her way and said yes as she tried to pass me.

She saw that I was taking my frustrations at the world in this power play and I JDGAF and she backed down.

Then she countered with the normal, "Oh, you're such a tough guy."

To which I countered, "Just wait your fooking turn. Is that so hard?"

To which she countered, "Who put you in charge?"

I don't remember what I said next.

That is my black female confrontation story.

Thank you.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 04:15 PM

It’s on nbc channel 4!

Saw it this morning

foreheadslap

It's Venice.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 04:23 PM

Hahaha, funny story Autoprax!
Heya, any of ya think that Wagner, "the local" from Brazil,
did not converse with the woman after they both popped up above the waters surface after their lil' inter~action the other day? Nor when they both paddled back out?

This verbal inter~action is what I wanna see, err hear,
bectha some words were exchanged, probably why the girlz did not accept his parkin' lot apology...

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: laidback
Quote:
now that I hear that she was telling people to get out of the water because she had a film crew with her

If this is true.. crazy2

It's only reasonable to tell people to get out of the water if you have a film crew.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: StuAzole
It’s on nbc channel 4!

Saw it this morning

foreheadslap

It's Venice.

Yeah I get it. Just thought that was a bit funny if mis-read to mean surfing "local".

Anyway if I go to California for New Year's I now have some great Grinchy tricks in mind.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 04:27 PM

Off on a tangent...

I went through a phase when I was "accidentally bumping into shoulder hoppers. (I probably did it three times. This was 15 years ago.)

Full on covert aggression.

It worked really well.

I would say, "Oh, I'm sorry I bumped into you when you dropped in on me."

Those people never dropped in on me again.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 04:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Autoprax
I had a black female try to take cuts getting off the plane in London and told her to wait her turn.

Normally I wouldn't say anything but I was fed up with life at that time.

She gets all aggressive and says, "Oh, are you going to stop me?"

I blocked her way and said yes as she tried to pass me.

She saw that I was taking my frustrations at the world in this power play and I JDGAF and she backed down.

Then she countered with the normal, "Oh, you're such a tough guy."

To which I countered, "Just wait your fooking turn. Is that so hard?"

To which she countered, "Who put you in charge?"

I don't remember what I said next.

That is my black female confrontation story.

Thank you.

That's racist and sexist! Check your privilege!

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/11/18 05:34 PM

Originally Posted By: laidback
Quote:

If this is true.. crazy2

True, the only people who know for sure are the ones who were there. I have witnessed this behavior before, in a variety of contexts, so I'm inclined to believe it because I'm a pessimist and a misanthrope. I hope it IS bullshit, but . . . shrug

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/12/18 03:50 PM

Originally Posted By: ElOgro

What compelled you to post? Denial?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/12/18 04:16 PM

Of what?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/12/18 05:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Bonzer5Fin
They are both kooks.. Ban them both.

Maybe he was the one that taught her to surf....?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/12/18 05:01 PM

Both of these idiots need to be sentenced to a life in Oklahoma.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/12/18 07:14 PM

Of what?

I'm not sure--that's why I posed it as a question--but things aren't exactly lining up. This is not an everyday, garden variety thread or we'd be seeing a thread like it every day. I doubt that I would be posting to it if it reflected garden variety competition for waves. It doesn't even rise to the level of kook slam.

What's left out of your analysis, d'ya think?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/12/18 07:21 PM

I attribute it to an East Coast flat spell that ended yesterday........but its flat again today. That, and when was the last time a leash pull made news???? Answer: When Lance Burkhart did it.
Posted By: nada2looz

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/12/18 07:47 PM

i surf in a crowded shit show every session.. take a high line and run over shoulder hoppers. paddle in the path of wave hogs and stuff them. avoid bodily contact and overt acts of aggression (like obv leash pulls). get good at ding repair. speak as little as possible to other surfers. localism doesn't exist in big city breaks. get a bigger board and deal with it

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/12/18 09:39 PM

Of what?

I'm not sure--that's why I posed it as a question--but things aren't exactly lining up. This is not an everyday, garden variety thread or we'd be seeing a thread like it every day. I doubt that I would be posting to it if it reflected garden variety competition for waves. It doesn't even rise to the level of kook slam.

What's left out of your analysis, d'ya think?

I didn’t say garden variety competition. I said garden variety fvckery.

Try again.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/12/18 09:48 PM

Nah, I'll just leave it lie for now.

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/13/18 12:44 AM

Nah, I'll just leave it lie for now.

So maybe later?

Re: This guy needs a fat lip - 12/13/18 01:09 AM

© 2019 SURFER Magazine Forum | Surf News, Fantasy Surfer, Photos, Video, and Forecasting