REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by casa_mugrienta

I'll summarize but I'm not going to go digging:
Single parent kids much worse off
More kids being born out of wedlock than ever
Colombia leads the planet in out of wedlock kids
Kids with a single mom + live-in boyfriend even worse off
Kids of divorcees more prone to unstable relationships later in life.
etc.etc.etc.

A summary from the other side so afoaf doesn't go back to it: a lot of stuff that tickles casa's confirmation bias but that doesn't clearly point to a rewind to 1950s being a better option than what we currently have, especially considering the gains we've made in a wide variety of related areas that we'd have to roll back as well. Nor does it consider other factors that would influence these outcomes. The world changes. Society must adapt to those changes (and will.)
96 508 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by afoaf

Originally Posted by ifallalot
Originally Posted by afoaf

Feminism is attempting to destroy the family

how has the family been destroyed by feminism? I don't get this "breakdown of the family"
concept that casa, and now you, are alluding to.

is it about births out of wedlock? single parenthood? other?

and, if so, are these things leading to quantifiably bad outcomes for individuals or society
as a whole?

Casa has already gone over this in this thread. With data

he refused to provide data or link back to his previous post that he alluded to.

all he did was cite increased rate of single parent households, but does not provide
any statistical evidence that single parent households yield bad outcomes.

it's self-referential. marriage rates are down, cohabitation is up, single parent homes
are a thing....but how do these trends affect society and the individual negatively?

I didn't refuse.

I've already posted these stats adnauseum in previous threads, and the most recent time I did you were actually involved in the thread.

It's annoying as f*ck and at least a little bit dishonest when someone doesn't read the stats you post yet continues debating.

This is like when someone is providing instruction to a group and there's a bunch of people not listening then they have to ask the speaker to repeat his/herself.

I'll summarize but I'm not going to go digging:
Single parent kids much worse off
More kids being born out of wedlock than ever
Colombia leads the planet in out of wedlock kids
Kids with a single mom + live-in boyfriend even worse off
Kids of divorcees more prone to unstable relationships later in life.
etc.etc.etc.

No, I'm not going to go digging.

You seemed perplexed at the idea the family is in disarray and that it's a negative.

I used to think it wasn't a great idea for two dudes to adopt a kid.
Now I think the family is so fcked thank god those two dudes have provided a stable environment for a child.
96 508 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by jkb
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Maybe the trend will move away from school shootings to Costco shootings?

None too soon!

How will we get our Wavestorms confused2

Will they stop a bullet?

A layer of lead between the foam would stop both a bullet (I think) and Fukushima radiation.

It'll be literal Physix. But successful. Side boobs available upon request.
108 612 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:28 PM
I see you guys are committed to losing to Trump again

Oh well
19 93 Read More
Surfer Discussion
06/17/19 10:27 PM
Entertainment is a very difficult business - what's popular today might not be sustainable and vice versa.

Even major leagues like baseball are having difficulty maintaining interest with new generations.

About the only constants throughout the ages are sex, spirits & food. Sex has remained largely fragmented, but traditional consolidation has taken place in the other two:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anheuser-Busch_InBev

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestl%C3%A9

Add to these banking and insurance, and there's a reason why Buffet has always focused on staples.

Sometimes you can get rich building up a new sport - like the France family with NASCAR - only to watch it essentially disappear on the downside.

I don't think Zif really thought he could truly develop a viewing franchise, but rather could perhaps leverage it along with other social media activities. Hence the silly women's pay thing, along with other obvious tells.

It's all sort of boring however; the trick is find out a way to generate wealth and just go surfing. That video of BI is the quintessential portrayal of someone who has figured it out.
70 1,551 Read More
Surfer Discussion
06/17/19 10:20 PM
I can't decide if I should just book a flight and go.

Who will sign my unemployment checks?
77 2,454 Read More
Surfer Discussion
06/17/19 10:19 PM
I wonder how sharky that paddle is.

Unlike Eddie, Autoprax would not go.
32 2,265 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by manbearpig

Hover cars are unlikely unfortunately. The average citizen is unlikely to use aviation as main mode of transportation, there’s too many variables. Danger increases tenfold, conflict of interest in air space with small planes/helicopters/commercial jets, complicated regulations that will not be laxed, etc.

The monkey in the room that no one likes to bring up is noise. There’s no way around the significant amount of noise pollution they create. There is no alternatives to avoid this that are possible. The reality of flying cars is it will never happen in place of car transportation. Those companies are developing toy planes for rich people that look like cars.

You're making a lot of assumptions here by placing terms of the of the present on the future.

Where am I wrong? I went down a rabbit hole awhile back, all these issues came up.

You could be right.

I'm just saying you're saying falsehoods and applying the limitations of the present as absolute limitations of the future.

You say "DANGER INCREASES TENFOLD" for air travel - that's 100% false, and in fact the opposite is true. Air travel is much safer than highway or train travel.

Yes, flying vehicles are currently loud, but how can you say there's no way they'll be quieter in the future???

How do you justify flying cars to not be greatly more dangerous than driving on roads? Especially when you consider the number of bad drivers on the road. Seriously, explain how that is 100% false. I’ll get my popcorn for that one.

Humans driving cars = chaos with a billion variables to add more chaos on top of the chaos.

Flying vehicles will remove the human from the equation and be a systems based approach removing those variables and chaos on multiple levels that will be safer.

As for the noise, The only options are rotors like a helicopter, or combustion jet style engine. There is no way around the noise factor in either of those situations.

This is true. For now.

It’s a romantic idealistic prediction of the future that’s probably never going to happen. I hope I’m wrong though.

It will happen sooner rather than later and will be used for ridesharing, public transport, and private transport in rural areas.
60 366 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:16 PM
Quickly
108 612 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by ElOgro
Originally Posted by FecalFace
I like how you cut out the rest of my post.

I have no problem being an asshole to bigots.

Out of curiosity, just on the internet or have you been an asshole to someone you perceive to be a bigot in person?

I’d be interested to see that.

No bigot perceives himself as a bigot.

In fact, "I'm not a racist" is always a first thing a racist would say when accused of being a racist -and then proceeds to say racist things. shrug

500 3,417 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:11 PM
troll
19 93 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:09 PM
It is not helpful to label: left, right, center.
Biden is a neoliberal as is HRC and Obama. That ideology is failing world wide, and if the DNC stays with it(which they will) populist anger will continue to worsen.
Biden has no other platform except that he is the old white guy who radiates the stability of the good old days. Fantasy.
19 93 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by frvcvs
There's a lot of things I like about Joe Biden. But the only way I'd vote for him is if it was a vote against Trump.

You crazy shylock

What does this have to do with my views of Biden?
19 93 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:06 PM
CP was sent to InfoWars
The emails sat on the server
When the files were turned over to SH lawyers those files were included.
5 64 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 10:03 PM
There's a lot of things I like about Joe Biden. But the only way I'd vote for him is if it was a vote against Trump.

You crazy shylock
19 93 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 09:57 PM
Biden will lose.
19 93 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 09:56 PM
roflmao
15 157 Read More
Surfer Discussion
06/17/19 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by jkb
I'm going to make a prediction the WSL is not long for this earth...

They've got swampland on their hands in Florida,
They're now the owners of Nland wave park (and it's now sitting idle/closed with while the WSL figures out what to do with it LOL!)
They've decided to give equal pay to competitors that aren't worth equal pay (their own female CEO even opposed this)

You forgot to add:

Has a wealthy billionaire bankroller that probably uses the WSL as a tax write-off.

Yeah

He takes it so not-seriously that he lets Chas Smith live inside his head rent free.

The goal of ownership in pro sports is to make money. The WSL was gonna bring North Point and wave pool contests to ESPN for people in Omaha. It's becoming readily apparent that dream is a failure.

Hi Dirk! laugh tomato
70 1,551 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Autoprax
Maybe the trend will move away from school shootings to Costco shootings?

None too soon!

How will we get our Wavestorms confused2
108 612 Read More
Surfer Discussion
06/17/19 09:49 PM

They're now the owners of Nland wave park (and it's now sitting idle/closed with while the WSL figures out what to do with it LOL!)
They've decided to give equal pay to competitors that aren't worth equal pay (their own female CEO even opposed this)

You forgot to add:

Has a wealthy billionaire bankroller that probably uses the WSL as a tax write-off.
70 1,551 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by BillyOcean
Yeah

Get a way left prez and watch repubs try to do peach mints, molu mints, and all other kinds of things to try to reverse election

Then escalate further from there

It's going to happen no matter what. HRC was the centrist. We all know how that ended up. The DNC can't make the mistake of marginalizing the progressives, again.

But Hillary was the devil

Biden is just a guy who does tequila shots
19 93 Read More
Surfer Discussion
06/17/19 09:46 PM

70 1,551 Read More
Surfer Discussion
06/17/19 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Hdip
Anybody understand this?

https://stabmag.com/news/the-change-to-wave-pool-regulations-set-forth-by-the-kelly-slater-wave-co/

Sounds like KSwaveco is trying to lower the limit of people allowed in a pool at one time. Which would be better for them as they only have one wave at a time. It would hurt the competitors like "the cove" by wavegarden which can produce 100 waves an hour.

This is the standard collusion between business and government that results in an anti-competition regulatory environment. There is nothing in that limit that protects anyone besides the owners of KSWco from competitors.

Yup.

It's really is a perfect example.

I also think it's an act of desperation.

Hilarious they are trying to prevent water quality standards from being enacted too, even after the BSR associated amoeba death.

Ample opportunity for someone to eventually sue them the f*ck out of existence.

That tells you just how unsustainably expensive the thing is to run.
70 1,551 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by bird.
I think Biden can work with both sides

At least he has a shot

Everyone else in the race is too extreme

Republicans won't work with him, but it's a nice thought for sure.

Problem is, Biden of all people should know what he'd be dealing with. Obama's biggest flaw was thinking he could reach across the aisle and work with GOP leaders.

Biden does know this. But it's better to campaign on kumbaya.
19 93 Read More
POLITICS
06/17/19 09:44 PM
Yeah

Get a way left prez and watch repubs try to do peach mints, molu mints, and all other kinds of things to try to reverse election

Then escalate further from there

It's going to happen no matter what. HRC was the centrist. We all know how that ended up. The DNC can't make the mistake of marginalizing the progressives, again.
19 93 Read More
Page 1 of 522 1 2 3 521 522