*** Official Fin Thread ***

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Someone at TA has some explaining to do with their CI buddies up the road.
Uh, no. The original fin was the Mike February made by TA. For a minute Captain Fin was also making a Mike feb fin (not sure if same template). The TA Feb fin became the Britt Merrick Twin, also originally made by TA basically as a one off.

Then Futures picked up the BMT.

Now TA will occasionally make a run of 24 sets of TA “Performance Keel”.

The template was designed together by Britt, Mike and TA.

It’s all good, man.

These BMTs you can buy direct from CI are made by TA…

These are originals that were sold by TA…

Reactions: flyinraptr

urchined

Nep status
Jul 20, 2019
NCSD, CA
Uh, no. The original fin was the Mike February made by TA. For a minute Captain Fin was also making a Mike feb fin (not sure if same template). The TA Feb fin became the Britt Merrick Twin, also originally made by TA basically as a one off.

Then Futures picked up the BMT.

Now TA will occasionally make a run of 24 sets of TA “Performance Keel”.

The template was designed together by Britt, Mike and TA.

It’s all good, man.

These BMTs you can buy direct from CI are made by TA…

These are originals that were sold by TA…

interesting-good info. Makes sense.

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
does anyone have the futures mayhem evil quads and can confirm if they have more cant than a traditional quad fin? i remember this being the case for the evil twin but they don't have numbers on their site

looking to try some different fins in my vesper dia and have had really good success with the old AMTs (more cant) in a channel bottom plasmic, so looking for the same concept in a 4 fin

thanks!

Reactions: oeste858

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
does anyone have the futures mayhem evil quads and can confirm if they have more cant than a traditional quad fin? i remember this being the case for the evil twin but they don't have numbers on their site

looking to try some different fins in my vesper dia and have had really good success with the old AMTs (more cant) in a channel bottom plasmic, so looking for the same concept in a 4 fin

thanks!
I’ve almost pulled the trigger on those a few times. For some reason, I don’t seem to love a split keel quad. So I’m interested in the idea of something like this that’s a different form factor but similar area of the split keel (fascination) in the vesperdia. The CF Dane Twad is another one I’m considering.
I’ve been using the Rastas and the album TA quads and they’ve gone well. Mine is 6’1 (at my height).

edit: found some pics I took of the evil quads in the shop vs. other quads. I don’t remember noticing the can’t was anything extreme, but it was a few months ago IMG_0024.jpegIMG_0025.jpegIMG_0022.jpegIMG_0021.jpeg

Last edited:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Thanks for posting this. I just grabbed pretty much the same thing: XL Performers and L Performer quad rears :shaka:

I think you got the last set of M quad rears cause they weren’t available when I tried
L rears is probably more appropriate for the XL fronts but I don't know if I have the leg muscles to handle that much fin.