*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Healing ok, Rookah?

Forecast was for some of my under the radar fave conditions, so hopes were semi high for uncrowded, short, hollow lefts. Just to be an idiot I brought my Pyz 2 and my 8'0 Keogh gun.

Long story short, I took the Keogh and the surf delivered. 5 of us, some barrels, sheet glass, and some super long waves too. Paddling in early on the 8'0, but taking the actual drop real late, then driving it through a barrel is just magic.

Waited too long for an OH last one that never came, but otherwise a beaut of a session.
Nah she's fukkered. Some good days, some bad. Trying to get surgery this summer, just trying to schedule around work and all the other stuff I got going on.

• Sad
Reactions: Maz
May 14, 2024
Sounds like you had some extreme conditions yesterday! Gale force winds can definitely make it challenging to get out on the water. Hopefully, the wind calms down soon for better conditions. Today seems like a good day to take a break and wait for more favorable winds.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
got a pretty good day yesterday. alone too. probably the best day yet of south swell season.
this morning looks like sh!t winds again

motosurf

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 19, 2008
Overcast and onshore. Still some sets but pretty dismal for the most part. Felt like the water temp dropped 10 deg. Came in and put booties on which I usually avoid at all costs.

Reactions: Havoc

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
What a sh!t week in socal. One decent day. Otherwise gutless and onshore. Flat all weekend and looks pitiful the next 10 days. 2024 has been sh!t for surf.
I went twice and after the second time went him and ordered my foul kit.

• Love
Reactions: Havoc