Where my free speech warriors at?

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
One party is polluted by the tenets of an established religion. The other party has created its own secular religion
i think "ideology" is a better word for it than "secular religion" but it is indeed possessed by the same close-minded dogmatism and bigotry that makes the religious fundamentalists so dangerous

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Aggressively punk rockin' dummies who think all religion is only a scam are just as fun to **** off as religious fundamentalists.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
One party is polluted by the tenets of an established religion. The other party has created its own secular religion
in summary, you were wrong, you conceded the point I was making, but just to maintain consistency you also inserted a deeply idiotic and hyperbolic claim

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
in summary, you were wrong, you conceded the point I was making, but just to maintain consistency you also inserted a deeply idiotic and hyperbolic claim
You must be new here.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The biblical god as simply been supplanted by the state, complete with saints, dogmas, and rituals

You’re too smart to willfully ignore these things, that’s what makes your constant. #believing worse

• Haha
Reactions: afoaf

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
Depends on who you are. For many people, it has
Why does one need to replace the other?

Can't a person belong to both a state and a religion?

Remember, binary bad! :shameonyou:

Or is it that we all belong to secular religions and some of us belong to both secular and religious religions? Or is this just a fucking stupid conversation? :roflmao:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Why does one need to replace the other?

Can't a person belong to both a state and a religion?

Remember, binary bad! :shameonyou:

Or is it that we all belong to secular religions and some of us belong to both secular and religious religions? Or is this just a fucking stupid conversation? :roflmao:
One replaces the other because some people need saints, dogma, rituals, good-evil binary, etc in order to make sense of a complicated world

Your framing is off, that's why you think it s stupid conversation

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
One replaces the other because some people need saints, dogma, rituals, good-evil binary, etc in order to make sense of a complicated world
Can you explain how all the various sciences and philosophies in the world are somehow less complicated than, say, the Bible? No? I didn't think so. :roflmao:

Your framing is off, that's why you think it s stupid conversation
According to Sharky's Wiki link, a 'secular religion' is merely any communal belief system. For example, everyone believes that paper money has the value printed on it, therefore money is religious. Stupid, right? Everyone may believe that paper money has the value printed on it but everyone also knows that the value is entirely dependent on social agreement. Everyone knows that the paper doesn't have inherent value, in other words, and no preacher man or political saint can make people believe that paper money has inherent value... well, unless they're preaching to superstitious religious folk.