REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2807616 - 06/13/18 01:23 PM Re: I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning. [Re: GDaddy]
littlewave Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Orange County
I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning too! It was my 6'11" twinzer from OT. There were waves!

#2807623 - 06/13/18 01:48 PM Re: I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning. [Re: littlewave]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

WTBorrow

#2807637 - 06/13/18 02:06 PM Re: I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning. [Re: afoaf]
littlewave Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Orange County
Originally Posted By: afoaf
WTBorrow

Let me know when, it'll probably be another 6 months before I surf again.

#2807656 - 06/13/18 02:23 PM Re: I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning. [Re: GDaddy]
flyinraptr Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Hacienda Iguana, Nicaragua
All quiet down in Hacienda Iguana/Playa Colorados - things have been intense up north. Other than shortages with gas - things are normal. A lot of people - tourist and ex-pats have bailed for the time being - so the lineups have been all-time empty for this time of year. Waves still pumping has been 8'-10' on the sets the last couple days - conditions absolutely epic.

On another note - the Barry Synder WPF - has been amazing! Reminds me of his twin keel - but with the pulled in rounded pin tail - easier on the backside and holds amazing. Had one late drop this morning - near vertical - well overhead - the board just so smooth. It does draw a different line - wants to carve - i've learned less is more and let it draw out the turns a little more than i usually do and it just flies.

#2807674 - 06/13/18 02:47 PM Re: I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning. [Re: flyinraptr]
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: flyinraptr
All quiet down in Hacienda Iguana/Playa Colorados - things have been intense up north. Other than shortages with gas - things are normal. A lot of people - tourist and ex-pats have bailed for the time being - so the lineups have been all-time empty for this time of year. Waves still pumping has been 8'-10' on the sets the last couple days - conditions absolutely epic.

On another note - the Barry Synder WPF - has been amazing! Reminds me of his twin keel - but with the pulled in rounded pin tail - easier on the backside and holds amazing. Had one late drop this morning - near vertical - well overhead - the board just so smooth. It does draw a different line - wants to carve - i've learned less is more and let it draw out the turns a little more than i usually do and it just flies.

flyinraptr,

Are your guests bailing at all? Or at least the ones in early August?? Website calendar says it's crowded.
Are you recommending against Chinandega zones at this time, or just keep a low profile around Managua?

Thanks and really appreciate the reports from down there, stay safe and pack as many of those empty kegs as you can!

cheers wave2

#2807715 - 06/13/18 03:57 PM Re: I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning. [Re: GDaddy]
jp30surf Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Loc: Maine
My buddy owns a surf camp up North and says all is well on the coast.

#2807791 - 06/13/18 07:35 PM Re: I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning. [Re: GDaddy]
flyinraptr Offline
Michael Peterson status

I've had 3 guests cancel - completely understand. Mrs. Flyinraptr and i are not dependent on our rental property - so its all good. i've talked with other property managers - and across the board guests have cancelled. Some of you who been down here before may know Buzz - who runs a surf camp/bed and breakfast - he has shut down his business for the months of June/July. It is super quiet here. Most guests are opting to take a short charter flight from the airport at Hacienda Iguana (Emerald Coast) to Managua rather than risk driving. Mrs. Flyinraptr just did the flight the other day - from Managua to here - 21 minutes in the air and we did a fly by - of the Outer Reef which was firing.

#2808861 - 06/15/18 11:47 PM Re: I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning. [Re: GDaddy]
tenover Offline
Kelly Slater status

Loc: Point Loma, CA
Buzz....Rents out dirt bikes too, right? From Windansea?

#2809358 - 06/17/18 03:13 PM Re: I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning. [Re: tenover]
flyinraptr Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: tenover
Buzz....Rents out dirt bikes too, right? From Windansea?

Yeah - i think he has some dirt bikes ... not sure where he is from originally. He's been down here for a while - rides a longboard out at Colorado's - gets barreled frequently on it.

#2809380 - 06/17/18 03:55 PM Re: I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning. [Re: flyinraptr]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Barry got a shout out from scott bass on the mark price boardroom podcast

#2809663 - 06/18/18 01:26 PM Re: I had a Barry Snyder sighting this morning. [Re: silentbutdeadly]
flyinraptr Offline
Michael Peterson status

Yep - he won first prize at the board room show with his Jimi Hendrix airbrushed board.

Just an FYI - i was playing around with fins on the my Barry Snyder WPF - photo posted earlier in the thread - threw a pair of MR twin fins on it and tried it as a twinnie - pure magic! Goes amazing as a twin.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2