REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2793915 - 05/16/18 01:19 PM Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Had me in tears roflmao

#2793923 - 05/16/18 01:31 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: silentbutdeadly]
Joshua2415 Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: San Clemente
Or anyone who has towed/parked a trailer...

"You know what, screw it!" roflmao

#2793931 - 05/16/18 01:42 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: silentbutdeadly]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

my uncle drives trucks and gave me the best advice....

1. look over right shoulder
2. hand on bottom of steering wheel
3. move hand in direction you want trailer to go with small movements
4. ???
5. great profit

#2793932 - 05/16/18 01:45 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: afoaf]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Yeah I have ton of experience and if you have a ways to back up, the first applies. Once you get into tight spot just make subtle movements and use your mirrors.

That video is so funny cause it's true.

#2793934 - 05/16/18 01:47 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: silentbutdeadly]
manbearpig Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: in the bathroom
Funny video.

Dropping tailgate in a pick up is a helpful trick as well. More visibility. Im sure works just as well with SUVs

#2793940 - 05/16/18 01:51 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: manbearpig]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Definitely. When we launch our jet ski you can't even see it with the ski off so it's a pain in the ass. You have to guess where it is then correct as soon as it shows up in the mirror. I need to get one of those magnetic flags that sticks to the trailer.

#2793963 - 05/16/18 02:13 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: silentbutdeadly]
Clayster Offline
Michael Peterson status

Ha ha.

If you want a highly entertaining afternoon, post up next to a busy boat ramp with some adult beverages and enjoy the show. It's like watching kookslams, except it's live.

#2793966 - 05/16/18 02:19 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: silentbutdeadly]
_____ Offline
Miki Dora status

roflmao Go to any boat ramp two weeks from now on Memorial Day weekend to see that comedy go down. Bring refreshments and find a good seat. Same if there's a big WSB, YT or salmon bite.

#2793986 - 05/16/18 02:52 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: _____]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

our local landing has a good deli right next to the boat ramp. We always get sandwiches when we get back in and I always take my kids down there for lunch. Always comedy.

#2794099 - 05/16/18 06:30 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: manbearpig]
Q_Surf Offline
Duke status

Loc: world's largest oregon
Originally Posted By: manbearpig
Funny video.

Dropping tailgate in a pick up is a helpful trick as well. More visibility. Im sure works just as well with SUVs

yeah for trickier landings i def pop the 'burban hatch open. some of our river ramps are rubicon-esque.

fall salmon gets really hectic at the main launches up here at pink sky a.m. - with some mouth breathers deciding it's time to finally dust off the old sea hag. so basically this is a reenactment roflmao

even seen a few push-yell fights. fight

#2794108 - 05/16/18 06:49 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: manbearpig]
Bohter Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Originally Posted By: manbearpig
Funny video.

Yup...gotta be able to see where the wheels are going. Good advise MBP!
I don't use a ramp to launch my craft but I have a tight driveway....luckily it's an uphill one.
cheers

#2794112 - 05/16/18 06:56 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: silentbutdeadly]
VanHook Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Nothin' But Civility!

#2794115 - 05/16/18 07:06 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: VanHook]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

roflmao

stupid ass boat.

#2794120 - 05/16/18 07:15 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: afoaf]
Autoprax Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
Originally Posted By: afoaf
my uncle drives trucks and gave me the best advice....

1. look over right shoulder
2. hand on bottom of steering wheel
3. move hand in direction you want trailer to go with small movements
4. Run over Korean fisherman.
5. great profit

#2794121 - 05/16/18 07:15 PM Re: Any Boaters or Boat Owners Might Appreciate This [Re: silentbutdeadly]
000 Offline
Duke status

ive never tried

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32