REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2778859 - 04/15/18 06:42 PM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: SharkBoy]
eLmuchacho Offline
Michael Peterson status

Mickey was the typical greedy and careless, just abusing. Who can handle that sh*t? Total c*nt not giving a sh*t! Not surprising, always fuking dissapointing.

Yes, the tour, North Point, pumping waves...primal need to perform.

#2778866 - 04/15/18 07:03 PM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: SharkBoy]
manbearpig Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: in the bathroom
Theres a video of them burying the hatchet.

But I dont think you can really tell from two waves if wright was being greedy. Mendez dropped in on a local as a visitor and should have stayed humble. Just the way it is and always should be. Respect the locals.

#2778867 - 04/15/18 07:09 PM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: manbearpig]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Originally Posted By: manbearpig

But I dont think you can really tell from two waves if wright was being greedy. Mendez dropped in on a local as a visitor and should have stayed humble. Just the way it is and always should be. Respect the locals.
\\

I didn't know the wright's were from west oz. Always thought they were from the Goldy.

#2778869 - 04/15/18 07:15 PM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: SharkBoy]
mundus Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Wright was probably wave hogging, Mendez got pissed and wanted to stuff him, he tried and ate it, making him even more butthurt than previously, no good guy in this one.

#2778882 - 04/15/18 07:58 PM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: silentbutdeadly]
manbearpig Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: in the bathroom
Originally Posted By: silentbutdeadly
Originally Posted By: manbearpig

\\

I didn't know the wright's were from west oz. Always thought they were from the Goldy.

I thought they were from west Australia but it does say NSW online, so I guess probably not real local status

#2778964 - 04/15/18 11:35 PM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: SharkBoy]
Racer1 Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Brazzo Nationalism is gonna be their downfall.

Death threats against Mikey? Are you fooking kidding me?

We're talking about waves here, right? Waves.

#2778974 - 04/16/18 12:37 AM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: Racer1]
_____ Offline
Miki Dora status

I am lmfao that this is even a thing, news, drama, whatever they're calling it.

#2779031 - 04/16/18 09:50 AM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: SharkBoy]
Peter1 Online   content
Legend (inyourownmind)

Wait, Mendes drops in and blames the guy who had priority/was deeper/committed to a barreling wave?

Clearly I know nothing about surf etiquette. Don't care what did/didn't happen earlier. That was a potentially injurious move. If he had a problem with Wright they should have settled it any other place than the face of a wave...

#2779056 - 04/16/18 10:21 AM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: SharkBoy]
brukuns Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: Poostanceland
Word is Jesse was waiting for a wave for a couple of hours and Mikey was wave hogging (if he was always in position, good for him).

Nothing wrong with that, but what they're saying is that when it was finally Jesse's turn, Mickey backpaddled him and got the wave. I didn't see a video of that and IMO Jesse should have just kept quiet anyway.

#2779067 - 04/16/18 10:43 AM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: SharkBoy]
Havoc4k Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: in da hood next to paradise
backpaddling sucks but so does whining and overt nationalism

#2779073 - 04/16/18 10:47 AM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: brukuns]
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: brukuns
Word is Jesse was waiting for a wave for a couple of hours and Mikey was wave hogging (if he was always in position, good for him).

Nothing wrong with that, but what they're saying is that when it was finally Jesse's turn, Mickey backpaddled him and got the wave. I didn't see a video of that and IMO Jesse should have just kept quiet anyway.

$.02

The one article I've ever read about Owen Wright sort of implied they ruin the sesh wherever they go. Sounded like the Brazzo stereotype, or the overwhelming majority of Floridians.

#2779126 - 04/16/18 12:13 PM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: SharkBoy]
mundus Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Don't paddle out for a pro surfer warmup session and expect sportsmanship.

#2779407 - 04/16/18 06:27 PM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: SharkBoy]
92122 Offline
Nep status

#2779462 - 04/16/18 09:09 PM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: mundus]
SenorSopa Offline
Grom

Loc: Ponto
Originally Posted By: mundus
Wright was probably wave hogging, Mendez got pissed and wanted to stuff him, he tried and ate it, making him even more butthurt than previously.

It's not like Mikey was the only guy out there. And everybody else out there was surfing for $. Clearly the entire lineup had it in for this kid, sucks to be that guy. He should have never even got out, waste of energy. I just love the part where he drops in with rail grab and just just gets passed by as if he wasn't even there.

I imagine that most of the good surfers here have all used this move by Mikey many times in their career. What was Mikey supposed to do? Straighten out? Not a chance, take the guy out every time.

Money quote for the erbb:
Brazzo boy just didn't know how to do a proper stuff, plus Mikey has excellent surf-jitsu counter to the backside rail-grab stall takeoff.

Hmm, was a rail-grab even going to be able get going fast enough to make that wave?

#2779467 - 04/16/18 09:32 PM Re: Jesse vs Wright [Re: SharkBoy]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Kek Point
Critical wave, DGAF who you are or who is backpaddling who you're a dick to drop in like that.

Would be a pretty tough place to get knocked unconscious or slice an artery.

"But he was backpaddling, hope he learned his lesson!"

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32