REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2763847 - 03/15/18 11:36 AM Trump boasts about making shit up re: Trade Defecit with Canada during Trudeau meeting
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

None of this is really shocking, it pretty much confirms what we've all known about the manchild being a serial liar...

“Trudeau came to see me. He’s a good guy, Justin. He said, ‘No, no, we have no trade deficit with you, we have none. Donald, please,’ ” Trump said, mimicking Trudeau, according to audio of the private event in Missouri obtained by The Washington Post. “Nice guy, good-looking guy, comes in — ‘Donald, we have no trade deficit.’ He’s very proud because everybody else, you know, we’re getting killed.

“... So, he’s proud. I said, ‘Wrong, Justin, you do.’ I didn’t even know. ... I had no idea. I just said, ‘You’re wrong.’ You know why? Because we’re so stupid. … And I thought they were smart. I said, ‘You’re wrong, Justin.’ He said, ‘Nope, we have no trade deficit.’ I said, ‘Well, in that case, I feel differently,’ I said, ‘but I don’t believe it.’ I sent one of our guys out, his guy, my guy, they went out, I said, ‘Check, because I can’t believe it.’

‘Well, sir, you’re actually right. We have no deficit, but that doesn’t include energy and timber. … And when you do, we lose $17 billion a year.’ It’s incredible.”

The Office of the United States Trade Representative says the United States has a trade surplus with Canada. It reports that in 2016, the United States exported $12.5 billion more in goods and services than it imported from Canada, leading to a trade surplus, not a deficit.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...m=.58c5e0ceff16

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

#2763849 - 03/15/18 11:38 AM Re: Trump boasts about making shit up re: Trade Defecit with Canada during Trudeau meeting [Re: frvcvs]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
That is for when he gets hauled in front of the grand jury.

I just make shit up! What's the big deal!

#2763854 - 03/15/18 11:53 AM Re: Trump boasts about making shit up re: Trade Defecit with Canada during Trudeau meeting [Re: frvcvs]
obslop Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: san diego, CA
trump thinks he's smart but doesn't realize that the people he is dealing actually are smart and have done their homework.

#2763862 - 03/15/18 12:07 PM Re: Trump boasts about making shit up re: Trade Defecit with Canada during Trudeau meeting [Re: obslop]
Gnudz Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Jonestown
Originally Posted By: obslop
trump thinks he's smart but doesn't realize that the people he is dealing actually are smart and have done their homework.

This.

Trump probably thinks he had Trudeau fooled whereas Trudeau was thinking about how dishonest and untrustworthy Trump is.

That's how they all see him, but some find Trump's lack of integrity more useful than others.

Sometimes people will tell me I am a hero and I say, "yes."

#2763941 - 03/15/18 02:34 PM Re: Trump boasts about making shit up re: Trade Defecit with Canada during Trudeau meeting [Re: Gnudz]
rice Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32