REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2748364 - 02/13/18 12:16 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: GDaddy]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
I never liked Viet food. Korean food is killer, though. There's almost nothing they make that isn't good.

Today is a perfect day for pho. cool2

Russ Meyer

#2748366 - 02/13/18 12:18 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: rolling]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
Pho is the closest I can get to most Viet food. Koreans do soups and stews, too.

#2748371 - 02/13/18 12:23 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: GDaddy]
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach
Originally Posted By: BillyOcean
I think you have to differentiate between ingredients and techniques

No one can touch French on technique

Okay, so we agree that socialized medicine and 8 weeks of vacation takes a gigantic shit on Rubivanka's maternity leave. Glad to clear that up.

I never liked Viet food. Korean food is killer, though. There's almost nothing they make that isn't good.

I hit up Bowl of Pho after Mayport funtime on colder weekends. I keep ordering flashy shit that sounds epic or that Kento mentioned and they never have it that day. It's far king Saturday homies. They always have pho and hot tea so never really disappointed.

Anyway, I always dig whatever soupy noodley concoction I get. I scoop some of the table condiments out and into it, and empty most of the rabbit food into it, too. There is this one stuff, it's like some sort of red pepper or something. That shit will F your F'ing face Uncle F'er.

Warms up the cold core and snot evacs the snout.

#2748372 - 02/13/18 12:23 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: GDaddy]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Pho is the closest I can get to most Viet food. Koreans do soups and stews, too.

Yes, they do. Hot soup on a cold day hits the spot like none other, especially if you add a bit of the chilies.

My kids gorge on Korean BBQ whenever they get the chance. Unfortunately, the oldest is no longer free on the AYCE. bawling

Russ Meyer

#2748379 - 02/13/18 12:28 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: Sharkbiscuit]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: Sharkbiscuit
I think you have to differentiate between ingredients and techniques

No one can touch French on technique

Okay, so we agree that socialized medicine and 8 weeks of vacation takes a gigantic shit on Rubivanka's maternity leave. Glad to clear that up.

I hit up Bowl of Pho after Mayport funtime on colder weekends. I keep ordering flashy shit that sounds epic or that Kento mentioned and they never have it that day. It's far king Saturday homies. They always have pho and hot tea so never really disappointed.

Anyway, I always dig whatever soupy noodley concoction I get. I scoop some of the table condiments out and into it, and empty most of the rabbit food into it, too. There is this one stuff, it's like some sort of red pepper or something. That shit will F your F'ing face Uncle F'er.

Warms up the cold core and snot evacs the snout.

Some of those red peppers will drain your sinuses like none other. I still laugh at the time my wife told our local Laotian restaurant that their larb was too bland. They made us pay dearly. Was something like 60% of those little green chilies. Something like a 30 on the 1 to 10 spice scale. We sh*t fire for two days. roflmao

And don't get me started on having mandatory work benefits that exceed those of Qatar. censored

Russ Meyer

#2748382 - 02/13/18 12:29 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: Kento]
BillyOcean Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: Kento

Yes. Where do you think the spices, flavors, and culinary ingenuity came from? I'll give you a hint - it didn't come from the slaveowners.

Did southern cooking stop developing 150 yrs ago?

#2748389 - 02/13/18 12:34 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: BillyOcean]
StuAzole Offline
Phil Edwards status

Yes. Where do you think the spices, flavors, and culinary ingenuity came from? I'll give you a hint - it didn't come from the slaveowners.

To the contrary. What was southern cooking before then?

#2748391 - 02/13/18 12:35 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: BillyOcean]
Sharkbiscuit Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Jacksonville Beach

Breh Civil War/Reconstruction Southern cooking was basically sawdust biscuits.

#2748396 - 02/13/18 12:38 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: BillyOcean]
FecalFace Online   happy
Duke status

Loc: down der by the harbor

Yes.

Just like presidential portraits.

#2748397 - 02/13/18 12:39 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: BillyOcean]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Forgetting segregation, are we? Make it 50 years ago.

Sure there is some cultural appropriation (and thank god for that; just don't take a culture's food and make it blander, i.e. Lucille's) but for the most part, development throughout a huge swath of the US is towards Taco Bell (embarrassingly superior to what passes for other "Mexican" fare in a lot of places), Chipotle, Sonic, Applebees, etc.

Russ Meyer

#2748411 - 02/13/18 12:48 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: rolling]
FecalFace Online   happy
Duke status

Southern cuisine in the 21st century:

#2748534 - 02/13/18 03:12 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: Kento]
OTdos Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Sur

EVERYDAY is a good day for pho. jam_on

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 'Trump is where he is because of his appeal to racism'
Whatever, my arms rule, I love vegetables and I can be president whenever I want. - Michelle Obama (SNL)
Trumpism is a religion founded on patriarchy and white supremacy.

#2748535 - 02/13/18 03:13 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: OTdos]
FecalFace Online   happy
Duke status

Originally Posted By: OTdos

Except the ramen days. smile2

#2748538 - 02/13/18 03:15 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: Kento]
OTdos Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Sur

Forgetting segregation, are we? Make it 50 years ago.

Sure there is some cultural appropriation (and thank god for that; just don't take a culture's food and make it blander, i.e. Lucille's) but for the most part, development throughout a huge swath of the US is towards Taco Bell (embarrassingly superior to what passes for other "Mexican" fare in a lot of places), Chipotle, Sonic, Applebees, etc.

Chain restaurants don't MAGA (ever).

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: 'Trump is where he is because of his appeal to racism'
Whatever, my arms rule, I love vegetables and I can be president whenever I want. - Michelle Obama (SNL)
Trumpism is a religion founded on patriarchy and white supremacy.

#2748539 - 02/13/18 03:15 PM Re: Hey otdos donald trump is still president [Re: OTdos]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: OTdos

smile2

Russ Meyer

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32