REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2734698 - 01/13/18 05:02 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: Colin]
brukuns Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Sao Paulo/Brazil
Gromsdad post blaming the democrats in 3... 2... 1...

Glad it was just a false alarm.

#2734699 - 01/13/18 05:03 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: GDaddy]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
A really cynical mind might speculate that the "accident" was politically motivated.

'Cause it sure looks like a helluva coincidence when the only time the system fails with a "this is not a drill" message is when people are squawking about Trump.

Obviously the odds for this being the case are nowhere near 100%, but I don't think they're that close to 0%, either.

On the flip side if the administration is trying to drum up fear of nuclear to promote the need for readiness this would be a great way. Give people a lil scare. Your conspiracies work both ways.

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

#2734703 - 01/13/18 05:13 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: Colin]
Mr_Stagger_Lee Offline
Phil Edwards status

Apparently it was Tulsi Gabbard who was the first one to reply with a notice that it was fake so anyone who is subscribed to her "feed" got the early info. Obama was just here again a couple weeks ago so I could see any number of theories surfacing. My wife goes, Oh I am going to add Tulsi to my network so I get the quick info. I said, what if that was the plan babe?

#2734706 - 01/13/18 05:31 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: Autoprax]
Kaser1 Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: Foil, Hawai'i
That was not fun.

#2734708 - 01/13/18 05:51 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: Kaser1]
James -Bummer Jim-Devlin Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: kauai- excramento

#2734709 - 01/13/18 06:05 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: brukuns]
JJJJS Online   content
Grom

Originally Posted By: brukuns

Glad it was just a false alarm.

Yeah, you know what mate, I'm pretty glad as well actually... thought

Edited by JJJJS (01/13/18 06:10 PM)

~ Jiddu Krishnamurti

#2734710 - 01/13/18 06:05 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: James -Bummer Jim-Devlin]
craigj532 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Was on the beach at Pipeline when I got the alert.

Not the first time I was afraid I was gonna die on that beach.

Gnarly, mixed up, building swell. Not a soul in the water other than the lifeguard who decided to try to paddle out to outside Pūpūkea on the foam rescue board. He wound up getting caught inside, losing the board, and swimming for thirty minutes to get back in - laughing.

Lots of people here have a different relationship with mortality.

Major fook up here, but it probably wont impact any state employees long weekend plans.

#2734714 - 01/13/18 06:33 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: Colin]
craigj532 Offline

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Well, the governor apologized five hours later, so its all good.

Not behaving much like a guy thats running for re-election.

#2734717 - 01/13/18 06:42 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: craigj532]
HarryLopez Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: Neck deep
Got a text from an HPD friend who said people were going crazy. Running red lights, hitting other cars and fleeing the scene, total chaos. 38 minutes to announce it was a mistake? No can!

#2734722 - 01/13/18 06:55 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: Colin]
LelandCuz Offline
Nep status

Loc: Lahaina
Anyone who believed this is a bozo, and a lot of my friends fell for it.
North Korea is FAR from being able to put a nuke on a missle, have it fly across the Pacific, target something specific, re-enter the atmosphere intact, and detonate.
This is what my hippy friends get for not being educated and following real news.

Edited by LelandCuz (01/13/18 06:57 PM)

#2734724 - 01/13/18 07:05 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: HarryLopez]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Oceanside,CA
Maybe Hawaii needs to dig up all the old cartoons from the 50's for kids today.....

We baby boomers were drilled on this stuff for years in the 50's, 60's and early 70's.

#2734738 - 01/13/18 07:52 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: Colin]
barnod Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Bay Area
that barking sands base on kauai does some crazy stuff... i find it hard to believe they don't have all the capabilities to intercept whatever archaic missile NK may potentially launch to longitude 160deg or further east

Edited by barnod (01/13/18 08:02 PM)

#2734785 - 01/13/18 09:20 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: Colin]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Kek Point
Maybe it was the government just seeing how people would behave in such circumstances???

They've done plenty of little experiments like that in the past.

#2734792 - 01/13/18 09:35 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: Colin]
Leaverite Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Loc: Central Cal
News is saying this was a hoax. They are looking into how and who right now.

#2734797 - 01/13/18 09:51 PM Re: Ballistic missle alert inbound to hawaii [Re: Colin]
Kincaid Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Loc: lava tube, Hawaii
I was working in the office at a Big Island resort. Was pure panic for everyone the first minutes. The "this is not a drill" message was playing over all the radio and TV stations. Many huddled in the bathrooms. I headed outside and hung with some other employees overlooking a fairway, looking toward the sky. Tourists were all about the property heading for cover. Shitty and hopeless feeling, but what are you gonna do.... After about 10-15 minutes we heard it was a false alarm from a coworker's husband who is HPD. Huge relief! Puts life into perspective when you are faced with what could be your last few minutes.

Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32