REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2733985 - 01/12/18 10:30 AM Christmas Week at Waikiki
Topeslide Offline
Grom

I think one week out of the year, the regulars at Canoes can give priorities to the tourists. Why?
1) there are other south shore spots to paddle out at that are better.
2) would you like someone to ruin your vacation, or vacation of a lifetime? some of the kook tourists from Iowa or Bavaria may only try to surf only once in their whole lives. So if you live on the Island you have the other 51 weeks in a year to paddle out.
3) tourism brings billions of dollars to the Islands. in 2016 that figure was 15 billion. When a regular snakes a tourist out of spite, that is basically like sh*tting on what keeps the Island's economy going. So if you have friends or family in the tourism industry your are sh*tting on them too.
4) Technically none of the "regulars" are really locals since they probably don't live on Waikiki. But then you say, well , all of the Hawaiians are locals. So does that make me a local at every surf spot in California?
Just one week at one spot. I think that is fair. Please give Billy from Iowa his once in a lifetime surf dream and don't burn him.

#2734035 - 01/12/18 12:41 PM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Topeslide]
Who's Your Daddy Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Carlsbad, California
Great first post!

Now, show us your tits!

#2734037 - 01/12/18 12:43 PM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Topeslide]
Bud Offline
Nep status

Loc: Oahu
Originally Posted By: Topeslide
I think one week out of the year, the regulars at Canoes can give priorities to the tourists. Why?
2) would you like someone to ruin your vacation, or vacation of a lifetime? some of the kook tourists from Iowa or Bavaria may only try to surf only once in their whole lives. So if you live on the Island you have the other 51 weeks in a year to paddle out.
3) tourism brings billions of dollars to the Islands. in 2016 that figure was 15 billion. When a regular snakes a tourist out of spite, that is basically like sh*tting on what keeps the Island's economy going. So if you have friends or family in the tourism industry your are sh*tting on them too.
4) Technically none of the "regulars" are really locals since they probably don't live on Waikiki. But then you say, well , all of the Hawaiians are locals. So does that make me a local at every surf spot in California?
Just one week at one spot. I think that is fair. Please give Billy from Iowa his once in a lifetime surf dream and don't burn him.

Sounds like someone got burned by a local girl at baby Queens!

#2734038 - 01/12/18 12:45 PM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Topeslide]
Boneroni Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Goleta

#2734045 - 01/12/18 01:06 PM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Bud]
Mr_Stagger_Lee Offline
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: Bud

Sounds like someone got burned by a local girl at baby Queens!

Was it that skinny haole one with tats and almost leather like skin? The one that looks like she choose a bindle for breakfast instead of a Denny's Grand Slam? ...yeah, she burned me too! Dont worry OP she does that to everyone, except the other waiters in the lineup! Now lets see those tits!

#2734127 - 01/12/18 03:07 PM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Topeslide]
Racer1 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
1), 2) and 3): Who cares everybody gets burned at Canoes. And you surfed there in the winter? Again, who cares.

4) Are you of Chumash, Gabrieleno, Salinan, etc decent?? Then yes I would give you priority on every set if I was surfing with you in California.

#2734251 - 01/12/18 06:31 PM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Topeslide]
sakana_kid Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: 808
Are there really locals regulating at Canoes? Maybe you drifted over to Queens.

#2734325 - 01/12/18 09:47 PM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Topeslide]
Colin Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Loc: east oahu
Besides the head scratcher of surfing canoes during Christmas week... You say locals should give that one guy his one week. Because Iowa doesnt get waves. But what about the guy who saved his entire year/decade/life that comes the next week? Ok to burn him? If locals are always giving away their scarce resources out of kindness and goodwill to tourists... wait Ive read that story somewhere before. Oh yeah. Its the story of Hawaii.

Everybody burns everybody at canoes. Dont take it personally.

#2734342 - 01/12/18 10:39 PM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Topeslide]
hammies Online   content
Michael Peterson status

#2734351 - 01/12/18 11:26 PM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Topeslide]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

I went to waikiki once for Christmas day. Once. We were staying on Lanikai and decided to go for a fancy buffet. Buffet was fine but Waikiki was the only thing I didn't like about the island. Felt like all giant vegas style hotels minus the sin. Lasted about 4hrs there. Not my thing.

"I've been against every Trump/Republican policy implemented and expressed it here." - Caca_Mugrienta

#2735319 - 01/15/18 01:15 PM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Topeslide]
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status

1. if you did it right you would've paid for a beach boy surfing lesson and caught as many waves as you wanted. The instructors make sure their clients get waves everywhere they have a business. Its worth the money

2. Lanikai is the getaway that all the a-hole haoles live that built or profit from the ugliness waikiki has become. Even that a-hole psycho (Gabbard's guru) who's employee ran over my classmate Sri Shim and his step son and killed him racing with their power boat where they shouldn't have been speeding. My aunt used to own a huge mountain side parcel with two houses so I know the area it was for the elitest of the kailuan cane manager clans still is. I think mitch kapor has a house there.

Edited by oneula (01/15/18 01:16 PM)

#2735599 - 01/16/18 09:55 AM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Who's Your Daddy]
Topeslide Offline
Grom

Hahaha! thanks!
Just "feeling out" this forum.
now for those ...
https://www.instagram.com/coffeysgirls/

Edited by Topeslide (01/16/18 10:06 AM)

#2735748 - 01/16/18 04:05 PM Re: Christmas Week at Waikiki [Re: Topeslide]
Racer1 Online   content
Miki Dora status

Loc: Honolulu, Hawaii
Thought you were trolling, but why surf canoes in the winter? There's over 100 spots on this island and I'd put canoes somewhere near the bottom any time of year.

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32