REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2720110 - 12/06/17 09:53 PM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: Gnudz]
GDaddy Offline
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
I'm as belligerent as the next rightie but I really don't see an upside to this.

#2720112 - 12/06/17 09:55 PM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: Surfdog]
StuAzole Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: Surfdog
This is a bold, tell it like it is move that no prior western leader had the balls to do.

We'll see how lslam responds.

Hey, it's Christendoms origin turf too, so why not put our U.S. Embassy there? 2 out of 3 major US religions aint bad. Islam has Mecca. Islam should be happy that we don't want to put an embassy there. Well, we have one in a city close by, but whatever. shrug tomato bricks

Imagine how many BENGHAZIs we could have then!

#2720115 - 12/06/17 09:57 PM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: Surfdog]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
As Abrahamic religions go Islam has the most tenuous claim on Jerusalem as well as being the latecomers who only got the area because of a weak Byzantine Empire at the time. Islam only even looks at Jerusalem as a sacred city because the Jews did; its not like their main figure died there or something either.... poke

#2720116 - 12/06/17 09:58 PM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: StuAzole]
drunjk Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

vote cthulhu 2020

#2720121 - 12/06/17 10:06 PM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: ifallalot]
Surfdog Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Oceanside,CA
Originally Posted By: ifallalot
As Abrahamic religions go Islam has the most tenuous claim on Jerusalem as well as being the latecomers who only got the area because of a weak Byzantine Empire at the time. Islam only even looks at Jerusalem as a sacred city because the Jews did; its not like their main figure died there or something either.... poke

Islams historical claim to Jerusalem is indeed weak. They want to claim it more as spite to the Jews. Jews were there first, Christianity 2nd, Islam a weak finish at third when all else has been there, done that. But with a bit more clutch to the early Old Testament style of oppression. Islam is re-hash, retro-Old Testament, basically.

#2720123 - 12/06/17 10:10 PM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: GDaddy]
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status

Loc: In Gods Country
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
I'm as belligerent as the next rightie but I really don't see an upside to this.
This is an exercise in bluff calling.

The haters on the Palestinian side are not looking for peaceful coexistence. The haters in the Muslim world that support this crap don't give the slightest of flying fcuks about the Palestinians, they're looking to get rid of the Jews and this is a convenient excuse.

#2720147 - 12/06/17 10:55 PM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: GromsDad]
hammies Offline
Michael Peterson status

Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Israel is a sovereign country. Name one other country that isnt allowed to name its own capital city??? shrug

Countries can name their own capitals, but other countries don't have to have their embassies there, if they believe that the greater good is better served by having them elsewhere.

Name any other country that has its embassy in Jerusalem.

#2720149 - 12/06/17 10:58 PM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: Gnudz]
drunjk Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

jews = dumb
ragheads = dumb
anyone who gets involved with dumb people = dumb

#2720203 - 12/07/17 04:17 AM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: drunjk]
acnjusa Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Originally Posted By: drunjk
jews = dumb
ragheads = dumb
anyone who gets involved with dumb people = dumb

.....he's right.....neither surf much...

and...if it passes....THERE MIGHT BE VIOLENCE.....(in the middle east??!?).....oh nooooooooooooooo.....

#2720209 - 12/07/17 06:25 AM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: Gnudz]
BillyOcean Offline
Michael Peterson status

Theres no way Jerusalem ever stops being the capital of Israel unless Israel ceases to exist

Failing to recognize Jerusalem as the capital is basically saying the entire country of Israel is a maybe

#2720212 - 12/07/17 07:01 AM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: CharmingSophisticate]
GromsDad Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: 600 yards from the surf.
Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate
Originally Posted By: GDaddy
This is an exercise in bluff calling.

The haters on the Palestinian side are not looking for peaceful coexistence. The haters in the Muslim world that support this crap don't give the slightest of flying fcuks about the Palestinians, they're looking to get rid of the Jews and this is a convenient excuse.

There will never be peace with the Palestinians. They need to be driven to complete surrender or driven out. The cockroaches of the Middle East.

IMO, he's (Trump) the worst thing that has happened to this country in my lifetime.
And I've been around for some real dozes. roflmao Actual quote from OTdos.

#2720213 - 12/07/17 07:32 AM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: Gnudz]
brukuns Offline
Miki Dora status

Aren't the american embassy and consulates moving from Tel aviv to Jerusalem because of this? My first impression is that the diplomats won't be nearly as safe and way more of a target?

#2720240 - 12/07/17 09:10 AM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: Gnudz]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
You have to look at how this benefits trump. There is some hidden benefit for him.

Then you need to know he is not considering how it affects others negatively.

Then you will understand.

#2720255 - 12/07/17 10:02 AM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: brukuns]
jbd Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: JAX BCH FLA.
Originally Posted By: brukuns
Aren't the american embassy and consulates moving from Tel aviv to Jerusalem because of this? My first impression is that the diplomats won't be nearly as safe and way more of a target?

That embassy is just one big target. I wouldn't want to be there EVER. They are calling for violence on Dec 8th. Buckle up, this should get interesting. Trump is dying to have a war with someone, he may get one now.

#2720260 - 12/07/17 10:25 AM Re: Trump Recognizes Jerusalem As Israel's Capitol [Re: hammies]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: hammies
Originally Posted By: GromsDad
Israel is a sovereign country. Name one other country that isnt allowed to name its own capital city??? shrug

Countries can name their own capitals, but other countries don't have to have their embassies there, if they believe that the greater good is better served by having them elsewhere.

Name any other country that has its embassy in Jerusalem.

All of them.

Only the US keeps their embassy in Tel Aviv

At least that's what I heard in passing on a radio show

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32