REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2697195 - 10/12/17 03:56 PM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: youcantbeserious]
grapedrink Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: A Beach
Quote:
Going to be able to pay my mortgage on it pretty soon.

Are there banks that actually allow that confused2 If they nick you for a 1.5-2% merchant fee, it probably isn't worth it shrug If not, sign me up beer

#2697382 - 10/13/17 12:07 AM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: grapedrink]
PPK96754 Offline
Michael Peterson status

applause2 applause2 applause2

I just showed Deb this posting and she said, "phuck them azzholes"

roflmao roflmao roflmao

miscommunications between the counter and the Gate Agent. Said the gate agent just leaned across the counter and plucked / ripped her boarding pass out of her hand. yada yada yada ~
So it's a NO .... on SW.
I worked on the Ramp doing baggage and fueling aircraft out of LAX when SouthWest was Pacific Southwest Airlines and the "Stew's" wore knee high beige boots and short skirts, white blouse with a short bolero jacket and hat. facelick Great job and wahine's ~

#2697386 - 10/13/17 12:22 AM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: PPK96754]
StinkinHippie Offline
Grom

Flights will still be $1200 around xmas and new years when I'm trying to get away.

#2697474 - 10/13/17 10:27 AM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: Mr_Stagger_Lee]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
I used to like SW but I had so many flights delayed or cancelled.

I'm too tall for those seats on long flights.

Flying to Hawaii out of SD was great, as opposed to LAX.

#2697539 - 10/13/17 11:59 AM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: Mr_Stagger_Lee]
grundy Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

I fly SW for work all the time, so I'm pretty excited to see that I can spend my miles on some fun trips.

That said, SW apparently flies to Costa Rica too, but it's pretty hard to figure out how to book a flight (to Liberia, which they claim as a destination), as most searches return an error...

#2697544 - 10/13/17 12:09 PM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: Mr_Stagger_Lee]
Kincaid Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Loc: lava tube, Hawaii
Like to see SW compete in the interisland market. That is what is expensive since Aloha went out. Hawaiian shouldn't be 250-300 to hop islands.

#2697561 - 10/13/17 12:39 PM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: grundy]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

they only do liberia certain days of the week. I think there's a search option that you
can mark that indicates that you are flexible about depart/return dates

the seating situation is not complicated. I don't get why people get all wound up it.

#2697563 - 10/13/17 12:42 PM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: StinkinHippie]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: StinkinHippie
Flights will still be $1200 around xmas and new years when I'm trying to get away.

book right now. prices are only going to go up. and rental cars in Hawaii at X-Mas have gotten INSANELY expensive. Last year Avis was the only place I could find for around $400 for 12 days compared to everywhere else at $1200+ at the airport.

#2697568 - 10/13/17 12:47 PM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: Autoprax]
Truth Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: Autoprax

LAX is a disaster - the new Tom Bradley terminal is a huge improvement, but the rest of the place is a 3rd world airport.

We always pay the extra $$$$$$$$$ to fly ouf of SD - so easy

#2697571 - 10/13/17 12:48 PM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: Truth]
stu dog Offline
Duke status

Loc: CA
Originally Posted By: Truth

LAX is a disaster - the new Tom Bradley terminal is a huge improvement, but the rest of the place is a 3rd world airport.

and traffic at the South West terminal is a fooking nightmare

#2697578 - 10/13/17 12:56 PM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: Truth]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point

Didn't you fly out of SD to LAX to Indo?

I might do that for Vietnam this winter.

#2697624 - 10/13/17 02:17 PM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: Autoprax]
Truth Offline
Miki Dora status

Didn't you fly out of SD to LAX to Indo?

I might do that for Vietnam this winter.

Yes to SD-LAX - or SFO - Indo This allows you to bypass 405 traffic, LAX traffic, foreigners checking in refrigerators and air conditioning units in the terminal and main LAX security....all checked-in at - SD bags all the way through if you check them in - easy

#2697643 - 10/13/17 02:43 PM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: stu dog]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: stu dog

new Terminal 1 is luxe.

the TSA checkpoint is all new and on point.

you scrubs need to learn to use arrival level for drop off and departure
level parking garage for pickups. so easy. 20 minutes free in garage.

don't come in off 105 Sepulveda offramp either...

SWA stockholder, OUT!

#2697652 - 10/13/17 03:03 PM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: afoaf]
Truth Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: afoaf
Originally Posted By: stu dog

new Terminal 1 is luxe.

the TSA checkpoint is all new and on point.

you scrubs need to learn to use arrival level for drop off and departure
level parking garage for pickups. so easy. 20 minutes free in garage.

don't come in off 105 Sepulveda offramp either...

SWA stockholder, OUT!

TIPS noted - thanks
Afoaf - dO I recall correctly that you dropped me off at LAX a decade ago?

#2697663 - 10/13/17 03:35 PM Re: Cheaper flights to/from Hawaii coming soon?? [Re: Mr_Stagger_Lee]
jkb Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Oceansuck
I posted this over in the travel forum, but Alaska offers a pretty smoking deal if you have their credit card.

Alaska card ($75 annual fee).

We get a $99 companion pass every year good for Alaska and Virgin America flights. I can buy a ticket to Hawaii and my wife goes for $99.

You get a free checked bag per person, no matter what size. Just flew up to Portland and my only checked bag was a surfboard bag. No charge.

You also earn miles on purchases.

Surfboards bags are charged $25 each way for non-card holders.

A bit more info in this thread:

http://forum.surfer.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2686815#Post2686815

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32