REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2684447 - 09/13/17 12:04 AM Netflix
beerbelly Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Anyone else wondering why it won't work in the evening hours. fooking jonesing to see the end of season 3 of narcos

#2684461 - 09/13/17 02:02 AM Re: Netflix [Re: beerbelly]
rolling Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

might not be netflix. not sure who your internet company is, but since you said evening (prime) hours, makes sense it's internet and your isp has a problem and can't handle the traffic. they usually know about the problem and it can take them months to fix it, well if there are enough complaints. otherwise they won't fix it at all. if you contact them, they will give you the run around, but good to be another caller. if the problem persists, post a complaint with fcc. that always helps expedite the solution.

Edited by rolling (09/13/17 02:10 AM)

#2684492 - 09/13/17 09:04 AM Re: Netflix [Re: beerbelly]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
gotta be your internet. Just watched Narcos last night. No issues.

#2684508 - 09/13/17 10:02 AM Re: Netflix [Re: silentbutdeadly]
beerbelly Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Thanks for the replies.

#2684521 - 09/13/17 11:13 AM Re: Netflix [Re: beerbelly]
000 Offline
Duke status

#2684530 - 09/13/17 11:29 AM Re: Netflix [Re: beerbelly]
Norm' Offline
Duke status

Loc: Lovetron
Ozark is good.
"The Wright brothers decide to make themselves a flying machine. You fools! You idiots! Whats your problem? everyone shouted, That will never work because plywood weighs more than air! To which the Wright brothers responded, No, it doesnt. The Wright brothers were dreamers."

#2684583 - 09/13/17 01:02 PM Re: Netflix [Re: beerbelly]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
Are you opening more than one window?

That will make it shut off.

Yes, norm, Ozark good.

That final shot with the Radio Head song playing in the first episode was really good.

Good sound track.

Netflick must have a big soundtrack budget.

#2684604 - 09/13/17 01:53 PM Re: Netflix [Re: beerbelly]
kpd73 Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

My biggest question with Netflix is - How the HELL can they afford to keep making so many Series? Original Movies I can understand, it's a one shot deal, but Dude! Every time I go on there's Another new series or another new season of one running 4/5/6 deep.
Unreal.
Are they seriously making that much in profit? Stoked that they are- keeps the whole sharing thing still viable- but Wow. How many series do they have running right now?

#2684606 - 09/13/17 02:02 PM Re: Netflix [Re: kpd73]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: kpd73
My biggest question with Netflix is - How the HELL can they afford to keep making so many Series? Original Movies I can understand, it's a one shot deal, but Dude! Every time I go on there's Another new series or another new season of one running 4/5/6 deep.
Unreal.
Are they seriously making that much in profit? Stoked that they are- keeps the whole sharing thing still viable- but Wow. How many series do they have running right now?

they are investing billions in original content. they are pulling talent out of the
network pool. they are also foregoing the pilot-to-series model.

some are duds. some are great.

there's too much good content out there right now.

#2684628 - 09/13/17 02:48 PM Re: Netflix [Re: beerbelly]
92122 Offline
Nep status

It can be the service itself or your TV. I have a Netflix enabled TV from ~2012 with the button on the remote. Still spotty in its ability to connect sometimes.

Some of our friends with newer TV's say they have no problems.

Mine works with no issues about 50% of the time, which makes the issue even tougher to pin down. Been on with Netflix support and spent 30 minutes going through all their BS steps to reset, check setting, etc. only to have things still not work when we're done.... Then suddenly 5 minutes later its working... I dont even call Netflix anymore, I just have to fiddle with it / wait, and try again until it works, which tells me its nothing to do with my settings, just an erratic problem.

#2684634 - 09/13/17 03:09 PM Re: Netflix [Re: 92122]
subway Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: LBNY
same here. resetting router works sometimes.

"Smart TV" probably 5 years old

#2684693 - 09/13/17 04:51 PM Re: Netflix [Re: 92122]
afoaf Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: 92122
It can be the service itself or your TV. I have a Netflix enabled TV from ~2012 with the button on the remote. Still spotty in its ability to connect sometimes.

Some of our friends with newer TV's say they have no problems.

Mine works with no issues about 50% of the time, which makes the issue even tougher to pin down. Been on with Netflix support and spent 30 minutes going through all their BS steps to reset, check setting, etc. only to have things still not work when we're done.... Then suddenly 5 minutes later its working... I dont even call Netflix anymore, I just have to fiddle with it / wait, and try again until it works, which tells me its nothing to do with my settings, just an erratic problem.

this probably has more to do with the television's connection to the internet
than the Netflix service itself.

almost guaranteed if you are using wifi to connect.

sometimes the television's connection *sleeps* and takes a minute to resume
or the addressing system just gets wonky and requires a d/c and reconnect.

this is particularly true of older smart tv's

#2684747 - 09/13/17 06:15 PM Re: Netflix [Re: beerbelly]
MrSteve Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: NJ
If you get a chance, check out "Resurface" on Netflix. Its about Operation Surf, for the vets. Guys missing multiple limbs, blind, etc with more stoke than anyone in the water. if you dont tear up, you dont have a heart.

#2684815 - 09/13/17 08:54 PM Re: Netflix [Re: Norm']
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Location Location
Originally Posted By: Norm'
Ozark is good.

Made it to episode 4 and lost interest. Hillbilly family led by young pretty 9 year old cousin just... no.

Pilot was great.

#2684816 - 09/13/17 08:54 PM Re: Netflix [Re: beerbelly]
youcantbeserious Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Location Location
19, not 9

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32