REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 63 of 75 < 1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 74 75 >
View All Topics Index
#2683850 - 09/11/17 11:41 AM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: ]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Loc: Tower 13
Out of the water for over a week. Fat and rusty but got a few fun ones at desperation bar. Crowd was a little busy but not too bad. Stamps GX

#2684203 - 09/12/17 11:55 AM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: silentbutdeadly]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

Today was probably my second worst session of 2017.

Damn what a pile of suck the last month or so has been.

#2684244 - 09/12/17 02:25 PM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: ReefTeef]
obslop Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: san diego, CA
meh shape with meh wind and a guy on a longboard that made it to his feet in front of me only to promptly fall and shoot his board toward me.

i swim in to get my board and he says "are you okay" and i just respond with "the first thing you need to learn to say is sorry."

#2684545 - 09/13/17 12:01 PM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: ReefTeef]
rts265 Offline
Michael Peterson status

WTF has been going on....feels like june

thought September things would turn around

#2684568 - 09/13/17 12:34 PM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: ReefTeef]
SeaFoamGreen Offline
Nep status

Loc: NorOR
Couple throwaways couple really fun ones. Have to say pretty jelly of my ocean state cousins and homies right now who are getting more than one or two days of tropo swell this season. We just don't have those set ups around here and the water has been muy frio.

#2684602 - 09/13/17 01:51 PM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: rts265]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Loc: The Bar
[b][/b]
Originally Posted By: rts265

Seriously - especially with this wind!

There was actually a chest to shoulder+ high south around yesterday but met with the usual combo of 8 second west wind chop and 3 second northwest wind chop. Or did I get it reversed? Nothing like having to paddle over the chop coming at a 45 degree angle only to have the wave you want shift 30 feet to the right at the last second because of the next chop behind it. Oh and of course that fooking fast-dropping tide, causing what would be a normally shaped wave to back off, back off, and then dump in a closeout. It's amazing I got the waves that I did, including a little tuck-in off the drop on my last wave, knew that would be the pinnacle of the session.

We need two things. I don't care how many carbon credits it takes - get that goddamn east pacific high pressure over the desert where it belongs and blow that moon out of the fooking sky so we can have 12-hour tide intervals with a lot less swing.

I think it's been at least a year where I had a post-work sesh where it was glassed off and the tide wasn't fucked. banghead

And I don't know WTF is up with the retard count on the roads lately. censored

I need a day with decent waves, no fooking wind (98% of my sessions are in blown-out cross-chop conditions), tolerable tides, and minimal people. Venting that all is mildly therapeutic too. computer

Russ Meyer

#2684978 - 09/14/17 11:56 AM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: Kento]
SrPato Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Venturkey
Had a surprisingly fun session yesterday at a local just North of town. South influence was dominant and the Harbour fish was the perfect vehicle for the session. Saw an old friend in the water that I haven't seen in ages. It was good to share the lefts and have that comfortable vibe in and around us. Lots of fish in the lineup which kept our awareness on high alert. Especially with the man in the grey suit being sited almost daily up here. wave2

" Adults are just outdated children."

Dr. Seuss

#2684982 - 09/14/17 12:06 PM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: SrPato]
silentbutdeadly Offline
Duke status

If this keeps up I might quit surfing

#2685166 - 09/15/17 01:30 AM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: ReefTeef]
20W-50 and blood Offline
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
i didnt surf and subsequently got F(0cked up. screw any of you hype machenois that clani it. i hope you get chronic if not fatal disease of some sort.

#2685167 - 09/15/17 01:31 AM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: Kento]
20W-50 and blood Offline
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
Originally Posted By: Kento
[b][/b]

There was actually a chest to shoulder+ high south around yesterday but met with the usual combo of 8 second west wind chop and 3 second northwest wind chop. Or did I get it reversed? Nothing like having to paddle over the chop coming at a 45 degree angle only to have the wave you want shift 30 feet to the right at the last second because of the next chop behind it. Oh and of course that fooking fast-dropping tide, causing what would be a normally shaped wave to back off, back off, and then dump in a closeout. It's amazing I got the waves that I did, including a little tuck-in off the drop on my last wave, knew that would be the pinnacle of the session.

We need two things. I don't care how many carbon credits it takes - get that goddamn east pacific high pressure over the desert where it belongs and blow that moon out of the fooking sky so we can have 12-hour tide intervals with a lot less swing.

I think it's been at least a year where I had a post-work sesh where it was glassed off and the tide wasn't fucked. banghead

I need a day with decent waves, no fooking wind (98% of my sessions are in blown-out cross-chop conditions), tolerable tides, and minimal people. Venting that all is mildly therapeutic too. computer

get a hall pass borther.....camp site or shitty hotel....lets burn the goddamn thing down. tell homegirl it is called for because you are going back to be superdad

#2685262 - 09/15/17 12:32 PM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: 20W-50 and blood]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: 20W-50 and blood
Originally Posted By: Kento
[b][/b]

get a hall pass borther.....camp site or shitty hotel....lets burn the goddamn thing down. tell homegirl it is called for because you are going back to be superdad

The seeds have been planted. Large hall pass in her eyes but will be very healthy for my sanity. Warm water barrels usually are. shaka

Russ Meyer

#2685555 - 09/16/17 09:09 AM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: SeaFoamGreen]
jkb Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: Oceansuck
Originally Posted By: SeaFoamGreen
Couple throwaways couple really fun ones. Have to say pretty jelly of my ocean state cousins and homies right now who are getting more than one or two days of tropo swell this season. We just don't have those set ups around here and the water has been muy frio.

Up in your area right now. Holy crap the water is chilly!

Unfortunately my short visit put me in between swells frown2

#2685670 - 09/16/17 04:31 PM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: ReefTeef]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Glad I went back to bed this morning. I've almost inadvertently quit surfing at this point

#2685696 - 09/16/17 07:02 PM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: ifallalot]
Kento Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: ifallalot
Glad I went back to bed this morning. I've almost inadvertently quit surfing at this point

Should have gone south a bit. Was fun with a lot of corners. Late morning to early afternoon, glass, waist to chest high with shoulder to head high sets and only a few people out.

Sorely needed this session. Got at least 30 waves in 2.5 hours I was out. Especially since forecast does not look stellar next couple weeks.

Russ Meyer

#2686111 - 09/18/17 01:10 AM Re: ***Official 2017 Community Surf Journal*** [Re: ReefTeef]
echobch Offline
Nep status

Loc: San Clemente
very small today

Edited by echobch (09/18/17 01:49 AM)

Page 63 of 75 < 1 2 ... 61 62 63 64 65 ... 74 75 >