REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
Page 5 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27 >
View All Topics Index
#2672505 - 08/12/17 11:48 PM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: hal9000]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: the couch
Originally Posted By: hal9000

I wonder which madrasa radicalized him.

He's taking pointers from the best.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

His face has a look that says he just came to the realization the rest of his life will be a life incontinent... and there's nothing he can do to change that.

#2672506 - 08/12/17 11:49 PM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: CharmingSophisticate]
sizzld1 Online   content
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Here
Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate
Originally Posted By: sizzld1
Never cared for Geraldo either way. Just giving you some rough pillars to judge the timeframe by. And yes, that includes the GWB years.
Mohammed Atta was allowed and tolerated in polite American society.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assert that that didn't work out so well for us civilized humans.
How does this fit into your rough timeframe pillars?

Cool story bro. bigdeal

#2672523 - 08/13/17 03:16 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: GDaddy]
acnjusa Offline
Billy Hamilton status

Originally Posted By: GDaddy
We need zero tolerance for political violence all across the spectrum. Not just zero tolerance by the cops and courts but by everyone.

RIP Rodney King.

#2672524 - 08/13/17 03:47 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: hal9000]
frvcvs Offline
Duke status

Remember all the harping about how HRC and Obama wouldn't say "radical Islamic terrorism"? Why can't Trump say "white supremacist"?
Everything works like clockwork in a perfect world."
- Steak 7/26/15

#2672530 - 08/13/17 06:48 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: hal9000]
GromsDad Online   content
Kelly Slater status

Loc: 600 yards from the surf.
Because there was more than just one group of bad actors in that city looking to make trouble for the TV cameras. Why can't you denounce the antifa, BLM and communist groups who were there specifically to start violence?

"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As Government expands, Liberty contracts." Ronald Reagan

#2672531 - 08/13/17 07:07 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: hal9000]
sirfun Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: U.S.A.
is the look on your face

as smart as this ?? ( :

Originally Posted By: hal9000

I wonder which madrasa radicalized him.

#2672533 - 08/13/17 07:25 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: sirfun]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Tom Curren status

If you were there, you were there for violence.

#2672534 - 08/13/17 08:07 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: frvcvs]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
Originally Posted By: frvcvs
Remember all the harping about how HRC and Obama wouldn't say "radical Islamic terrorism"? Why can't Trump say "white supremacist"?

Well, now that we finally do have a contemporary white-on-black murder victim to go along with the black-on-white murder victims that happen every week, I think he should have said "terrorist".

I think that the assholes who supported "it's okay to punch a nazi" just got their stupidity shoved up their ass.

#2672535 - 08/13/17 08:07 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: frvcvs]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Tom Curren status

Neo Nazis/white nationalists and antifa committing violent acts against each other at a rally (which was really just a thinly veiled excuse for a brawl by anyone in attendance)

vs

When a Muslim terrorist drives a semi truck into a crowd of innocent people attending a holiday event

Now duz you undertand da difernce? confused2

#2672536 - 08/13/17 08:11 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: casa_mugrienta]
GromsDad Online   content
Kelly Slater status

Loc: 600 yards from the surf.
Originally Posted By: casa_mugrienta

Exactly. I don't even think these people cared much about whatever political team they signed on for. I just think each wanted to be on a team so they could be part of the drama / media spectacle. Bunch of outcasts of society on all sides making trouble because their lives are empty. The media is super stoked and is spinning the day's events to fit their anti-Trump agenda any way they can.

"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As Government expands, Liberty contracts." Ronald Reagan

#2672537 - 08/13/17 08:23 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: GDaddy]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: GDaddy

Well, now that we finally do have a contemporary white-on-black murder victim to go along with the black-on-white murder victims that happen every week, I think he should have said "terrorist".

Bullshit.

Every attendee had violence on the brain. One individual decided to take it to another level and use a machine to commit a violent act.

If you were there, you bear a degree of responsibility for yesterday's events.

Calling this guy a terrorist gives every other asshole there a pass.

#2672539 - 08/13/17 08:48 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: hal9000]
GDaddy Online   sleepy
Duke status

Loc: Carlsbad
Disagree

He crossed a line nobody else there did, and which most people wouldn't even consider crossing. Even if we were to jump to a conclusion that maybe he overreacted to being trapped and was getting his car beat on the way BLM has done in the past there's a big difference between busting through a human shield barricade of assholes vs driving through a column of people 100 heads deep.

My biggest concern is that the violence will continue to escalate. The right didn't just stand by to be the designated victim when the left was attacking them - they reacted in kind and then escalated with that BaseStickman asshole. We'd have to be insane to indulge in the fantasy that the radical left will somehow restrain their reaction and sit passively by while their attempts to get froggy get outdone by the righties. That won't happen.

The thing that should resonate with people is that the combatants do not consist primarily of a bunch of middle aged people, but also include a lot of people in their 20s and early 30s. The criminal in question being reported as a 20-yr old. These younger fighters are old enough to be far beyond what you could call a poorly thought out and impulsive youthful indiscretion but young enough to set the stage for a 30-yr guerilla war that will last the remainder of their adult lives and be passed on to the next generation. Regardless of which side prevails in the short term.

Blaming it all on old people doesn't scan. It was a huge mistake to equate words with violence and use that as a rationalization for crossing the line into violence.

We can call compromise a dirty word, but when compared to the alternative of overt political violence I don't see a more effective path toward resolution.

#2672542 - 08/13/17 09:05 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: casa_mugrienta]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA

#2672544 - 08/13/17 09:08 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: GDaddy]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Tom Curren status

The premise here was not peaceful protest.

The premise was indeed violence and mayhem. DGAF about anyone claiming otherwise because they are full of shit.

He crossed the line only in that he decided it was time to go from stabbing some people to just getting the job done.

This crap started in Anaheim

and has just ballooned since.

The only shocking thing about yesterday is it didn't happen sooner.

#2672545 - 08/13/17 09:10 AM Re: White Supremacists march on UVA.... [Re: ifallalot]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: ifallalot

Stupid fcking idiots, all of them. So completely fcking stupid.

Page 5 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 26 27 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32