REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2659064 - 07/06/17 03:02 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: CloseOutBs]
SurfDoc Offline
Michael Peterson status

Loc: Huntington Beach
Common sense? Rest, hydration, balanced diet, limit alcohol, limit smoking to ZERO, stretching, timed sessions (don't go for hours in the sun without a break) etc.

#2659212 - 07/06/17 10:00 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: CloseOutBs]
Autoprax Online   content
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
That's boring. Where's my pill!

#2660507 - 07/10/17 02:46 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: CloseOutBs]
Clayster Offline
Michael Peterson status

Eating a lot of potassium and magnesium rich foods helps me. Or take supplements.

#2670210 - 08/06/17 08:04 AM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: CloseOutBs]
GromsDad Offline
Rabbitt Bartholomew status

Loc: 600 yards from the surf.
Vitamin I. I for Ibuprofen.

"I hope we have once again reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As Government expands, Liberty contracts." Ronald Reagan

#2671176 - 08/09/17 02:03 AM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: laidback]
ifallalot Offline
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: laidback
Dead lifts...

Squats and bench as well

#2689313 - 09/25/17 04:20 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: squidley]
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Originally Posted By: squidley
Originally Posted By: Autoprax
High fat diet wreaks havoc on my gall bladder.

Some people do better on high fat diets than others.

One size does not fit all.

I specifically stated that my diet recommendation is not high fat .....boosting fat intake .....NOT. It is about adapting s-o-l-e-l-y to fat. It should be done to the exclusion of all plant-based foods and all animal-based carbohydrates .....eggs and dairy.

Yes, combining fat and carbs can be as bad for you as simply eating carbs. Guess what? It's the carbs, not the fat.

You are no longer growing/eat the hydroponic tomatoes?

I could be wrong, but I thought you had championed growing tomatoes hydroponically and even had a home system. I was properly impressed by this.

By the way, the three tomato plants we have, grown in soil with drip irrigation are in full harvest mode. Picked a ....oh wait, never mind, let me go find the garden thread...

But before I go, for those wanting to get on a fat adapted diet, look into what the Arctic/Antarctic adventures skiers/hikers types do. They fuel their bodies by getting a large portion of their calories from eating frozen olive oil...like slicing off little pats of butter from rectangles of olive oil. Mmmmm.

#2689947 - 09/26/17 05:59 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: Mr Doof]
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status

Peer review says ketogenic metabolism good for your brain.

#2690113 - 09/26/17 11:58 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: CloseOutBs]
Duke status

How about intermittent fasting?

I been experimenting.

I lost 12 pounds in 5 weeks.

It feels good to shock my body.

I have to start adding calories and lifting harder.

#2690178 - 09/27/17 09:25 AM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: CloseOutBs]
oneula Offline
Michael Peterson status

per Ben Franklin

Edited by oneula (09/27/17 09:25 AM)

#2690816 - 09/28/17 04:08 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: Autoprax]
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status

Originally Posted By: Autoprax
How about intermittent fasting?

I been experimenting.

I lost 12 pounds in 5 weeks.

It feels good to shock my body.

I have to start adding calories and lifting harder.

People do that intermittent fasting every night when they eat dinner at 6 PM, then nothing for 14 hrs (except water) till breakfast.

#2691830 - 09/30/17 03:45 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: CloseOutBs]
Duke status

I know.

I stretched it out to 17.

It's tough. sometimes.

It's really improved my digestion.

And any food tasted GREAT!

#2693535 - 10/04/17 12:15 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: CloseOutBs]
Mr Doof Offline
Duke status

That nightly fasting is how I can eat a morning meal of:

1 granola and yogurt or,

2 toast and Vegemite or,

3 leftover cold burrito or,

4 two week old eggnog in late January in the morning or,

5 grapefruit, leftover spaghetti, hard-boiled egg or,

6 Upma (google it...too lazy to link right here) with all the fixin's or,

7 Pancake mix used to make waffles or,

8 cliff bar and pint of water or,

9 go till whenever and whatever

#2694753 - 10/06/17 08:17 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: CloseOutBs]
VonMeister Online   mad
Phil Edwards status

You want to lose weight...eat a bowl of plain oatmeal before every meal.
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P. J. O'Rourke

When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look at him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend because she knows shes dating a pussy. -General James Mattis

#2694767 - 10/06/17 08:56 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: VonMeister]
CharmingSophisticate Offline
Duke status

Loc: In Gods Country
Originally Posted By: VonMeister
Explain

#2694817 - 10/06/17 11:43 PM Re: Best Surf Recovery Supplement? [Re: CharmingSophisticate]
VonMeister Online   mad
Phil Edwards status

Originally Posted By: CharmingSophisticate
Originally Posted By: VonMeister
Explain

It's filling. If you eat a small bowl of oatmeal an hour before meals you will eat less and probably lower your cholesterol a bit if that's an issue.

Because I'm recovering right now and unable to train I wanted to cut my calories back to see how much I can lean out until I can start training again.

Oatmeal is low calorie but very filling. It also is a great pre-exercise food as they provide consistent energy during exercise. I cook a cup of oatmeal in the morning and an hour or so later run between 4-6 miles.

I stay in the 1700 calorie range by eating oatmeal for breakfast and lunch (lunch is mixed with whey protein and berries) and a regular large protein portion dinner. Processed foods are out for now. I'm steady losing about 4 pounds a week over three weeks. Some is muscle tissue but it comes back quick. Right now I have fats dialed way back and carbs about 25% of my diet to make up for the reduced fats. My goal is to rid myself of as much visceral fat as possible....it really does some nasty stuff to your health.
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P. J. O'Rourke

When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look at him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend because she knows shes dating a pussy. -General James Mattis

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32