REMINDER: Siteowner has no obligation to monitor the Forums. However, Siteowner reserves the right to review the Materials submitted to or posted on the Forums, and remove, delete, redact or otherwise modify such Materials, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, at any time and from time to time, without notice or further obligation to you. Siteowner has no obligation to display or post any Materials provided by you. Siteowner reserves the right to disclose, at any time and from time to time, any information or Materials that Siteowner deems necessary or appropriate to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, contract obligation, legal or dispute process or government request. To further read the rules and terms of agreement of this Forum, click here.

Topic Options
#2662713 - 07/17/17 12:22 AM Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property
casa_mugrienta Offline
Tom Curren status

Loc: Kek Point
We have six covered parking spaces in a back alley on private property. This is an ongoing issue we're now dealing with. There's only a few of us here so no contracts with towing companies.

Right now there's a Range Rover sitting in my space and last week it was a brand new Jeep Sahara with no license plate.

Do we face any legal risk by having these vehicles towed?

#2662721 - 07/17/17 12:39 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: casa_mugrienta]
_____ Offline
Michael Peterson status

https://www.carsdirect.com/car-maintenance/three-california-towing-laws-that-you-should-know

Or, wire their brake and reverse lights to their horn and LYAO when they drive away. cookin

#2662722 - 07/17/17 12:41 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Firebird Offline
Legend (inyourownmind)

Loc: OC
Wax the windshield. They'll learn real quick.

#2662729 - 07/17/17 01:53 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: casa_mugrienta]
ifallalot Online   sick
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
No plates sounds like Persians.

#2662736 - 07/17/17 02:42 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: casa_mugrienta]
manbearpig Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: its so flat
I actually see a shit ton of no plate cars on the road out here in CA, what's the deal with that?

Archived photos: Flickr

#2662744 - 07/17/17 04:31 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: _____]
20W-50 and blood Offline
Duke status

Loc: SOCAL
Originally Posted By: _____
https://www.carsdirect.com/car-maintenance/three-california-towing-laws-that-you-should-know

Or, wire their brake and reverse lights to their horn and LYAO when they drive away. cookin

GENIUS!!!! I'd just put boots on and have a good leg workout on it....but this idea is even more comedy

#2662750 - 07/17/17 06:56 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: _____]
HatterasGlass Offline
Gerry Lopez status

Originally Posted By: _____

#2662771 - 07/17/17 09:54 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: Firebird]
SBSteve Offline
Miki Dora status

Originally Posted By: Firebird

Long time ago we lived where we had one space and the rest was street parking in front of the house.
This dickwad that lived 2 blocks away owned a cab company and would park his cars in front of our house and leave them for 3 days at a time.
They were always freshly washed - until I would go out and water the parkway that had a convenient strip of dirt on the curb side, made sure the pressure was maxed.
Completely mudded out, rims and all.
He eventually got the message and moved them 3-4 spaces forward in front of someone else's house. foreheadslap

Windshield waxing is a good one though.
Maybe shove a stick into the valve stems.

#2662780 - 07/17/17 10:28 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: SBSteve]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: SBSteve
Originally Posted By: Firebird

Long time ago we lived where we had one space and the rest was street parking in front of the house.
This dickwad that lived 2 blocks away owned a cab company and would park his cars in front of our house and leave them for 3 days at a time.
They were always freshly washed - until I would go out and water the parkway that had a convenient strip of dirt on the curb side, made sure the pressure was maxed.
Completely mudded out, rims and all.
He eventually got the message and moved them 3-4 spaces forward in front of someone else's house. foreheadslap

Windshield waxing is a good one though.
Maybe shove a stick into the valve stems.

Vehicle is on my property so vandalizing it would amount to shitting on my front porch and I could be charged.

I just want to start towing, but amazing there's some sort of legal gray area here when someone else is essentially trespassing and impeding entrance. socrazy

#2662783 - 07/17/17 10:31 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: casa_mugrienta]
Autoprax Offline
Duke status

Loc: Vagina Point
Post more bigger signs.

Escalate slowly.

Then I would put up obstacles, making it harder to park illegally..

Towing would be your last resort.

#2662789 - 07/17/17 10:39 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: Autoprax]
casa_mugrienta Offline
Tom Curren status

Originally Posted By: Autoprax
Post more bigger signs.

Escalate slowly.

Then I would put up obstacles, making it harder to park illegally..

Towing would be your last resort.

Why go out of my way to post additional warning?

The drivers of the vehicle very much know they're not supposed to park on private property. Further, there's ample parking in the area but these people are too lazy to walk up a SF style hill.

So you can imagine what a bitch it is to come home with a carload of groceries and see some random vehicle in your space.

As far as posting obstacles, the bums steal anything left in the vicinity of the alley.

#2662790 - 07/17/17 10:40 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: casa_mugrienta]
john4surf Offline
Phil Edwards status

Loc: CBS, CA
I believe the CAVC (vehicle code) simply requires a sign be posted warning illegally parked cars will be towed citing the VC. Any tow company will likely tow when the appropriate sign/complaint is made. Can't research now but I am pretty confident in my memory of this code violation/tow.

#2662796 - 07/17/17 10:46 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: casa_mugrienta]
VonMeister Online   mad
Phil Edwards status

If the spot is marked for residents only just call the cops.
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats. -P. J. O'Rourke

When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look at him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend because she knows shes dating a pussy. -General James Mattis

#2662797 - 07/17/17 10:49 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: manbearpig]
ifallalot Online   sick
Duke status

Loc: HB, CA
Originally Posted By: manbearpig
I actually see a shit ton of no plate cars on the road out here in CA, what's the deal with that?

People shirking registration costs and tolls

#2662801 - 07/17/17 10:57 AM Re: Towing illegally parked vehicles off your property [Re: casa_mugrienta]
santacruzin Offline
Miki Dora status

Loc: valley purgatory
put poop under the door handles

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Groundswell, Nameless60, r32